It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why are muslims being targetted as terrorists?

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on May, 28 2005 @ 10:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by devilwasp

Originally posted by centurion1211
You can't be making excuses for these extremists, can you? That was in the past and there is no real comparison (in numbers of attacks and people hurt and killed) between what the IRA people did and current level of savagry perpetrated by extremist muslims.

What?
The IRA comitted acts JUST as bad and WORSE than most terrorists.
They bombed town squares, shopping mall's , pubs and executed people on the street.
The IRA is JUST AS BAD as any muslim extremeists, the only thing was that they didnt use aeroplanes , they used guns and bombs.

The author of this thread seems to want to discuss what is happening now - muslims are killing both non-muslims and fellow muslims all in the name of their religion.

[edit on 5/23/2005 by centurion1211]

The author is asking WHY muslims are being painted as evil, which I see now aday.
Muslims do kill each other, so has every religion. Dont believe me? Look it up, it happened.

i think 9/11 kinda over-shadowed anything the IRA has done in the last 25 years

posted on May, 28 2005 @ 10:39 PM
link   
the muslim religion(followed to the letter)is it's own worst enemy.anyone who wants to bash it can pick any passage they want(to paint the whole religion as bad)just as any follower can pick any passage or passages to justify their own actions(terrorism).

the catholic religion has literally obliterated entire civilizations and cultures in the name of god.

who is right? who is wrong?who has more blood on their hands in the name of their religion?really?

posted on May, 28 2005 @ 10:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by howie0
the muslim religion(followed to the letter)is it's own worst enemy.anyone who wants to bash it can pick any passage they want(to paint the whole religion as bad)just as any follower can pick any passage or passages to justify their own actions(terrorism).

the catholic religion has literally obliterated entire civilizations and cultures in the name of god.

who is right? who is wrong?who has more blood on their hands in the name of their religion?really?

sorry to follow up on my own post,i am not a (god) basher,i just feel that if the roman-catholic religion had to deal with cnn and the trans-global news networks,the world might be a little different.

posted on May, 30 2005 @ 10:12 AM
link   

Of course, but the IRA,
had made attacks against heads of state, killed women and children plus spent years fighting the UK government. But no one attacked all catholics cause of it.

posted on May, 30 2005 @ 11:52 AM
link   
Also who was it that sided with Nazi Germany and Germany in WW1? OH yes, the IRA. Guess who has killed more people in totel then Al quida have so far? Oh yes, the IRA.

Say that one attack has killed more people all you like, it did. One problem, Al quida have not been around since 1916 attacking American Troops, schools, hospitals, siding with Nazi Germany. Have they?

Yet, Catholics have not been punished for this. Why not? Why is it that when someone who is a Muslim (although the majority of Muslim Councils prior to Iraq had spoken out agaisnt him) does this attack they all get punished?

posted on May, 31 2005 @ 07:24 AM
link   

Originally posted by Odium
Why is it that when someone who is a Muslim (although the majority of Muslim Councils prior to Iraq had spoken out agaisnt him) does this attack they all get punished?

i think its down to the west not understanding Islam and the fear surrounding it. The west has always not understood Islam and feared it. We always look for things to damage the reputation of Islam.

posted on Jun, 2 2005 @ 04:33 PM
link   

So its now about casualty figures and publicity now is it?

posted on Jun, 3 2005 @ 07:46 PM
link   
Muslim Prophet Muhammad said there are five types of Martyr (Shahid) - One who dies in a plague, one who dies of intestinal ailments, one who dies of drowning, one who dies under a collapsed building, and one who dies as a martyr in jihad. Another quoted hadee is “Whoever dies while defending his own possessions is a martyr; whoever dies defending his own person is a martyr; whoever dies guarding his own faith is a martyr; whoever dies fighting in order to defend his own family is also a martyr.”

Not once in the whole of the Qu'Ran is suicide O.Ked, it is actually a sin no matter what.

www.al-islam.org... - that might help people understand it a bit better.

posted on Jun, 3 2005 @ 07:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by infinite

Originally posted by Odium
Why is it that when someone who is a Muslim (although the majority of Muslim Councils prior to Iraq had spoken out agaisnt him) does this attack they all get punished?

i think its down to the west not understanding Islam and the fear surrounding it. The west has always not understood Islam and feared it. We always look for things to damage the reputation of Islam.

How often do we read about the charitable works of the Aga Khan's various different philanthropic foundations? And how many people know that the Aga Khan and Ronald Reagan were close friends? Can anyone tell me how much money Muslim charities spent last year helping the less fortunate? The good works don't make good copy, it doesn't sell newspapers, or radio and tv ad space. But if you over dramatize, embellish and spin something inflammatory and controversial already, you can sell lots. The media has to take some of the blame.
Remember, it was self proclaimed Christians that perpetrated the holocaust, which along with slavery and the Native American genocide, is one of the worst terrorist actions of our modern era.

<< 1  2  3   >>

join