It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why are muslims being targetted as terrorists?

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 26 2005 @ 04:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by centurion1211
You can't be making excuses for these extremists, can you? That was in the past and there is no real comparison (in numbers of attacks and people hurt and killed) between what the IRA people did and current level of savagry perpetrated by extremist muslims.

What?
The IRA comitted acts JUST as bad and WORSE than most terrorists.
They bombed town squares, shopping mall's , pubs and executed people on the street.
The IRA is JUST AS BAD as any muslim extremeists, the only thing was that they didnt use aeroplanes , they used guns and bombs.

The author of this thread seems to want to discuss what is happening now - muslims are killing both non-muslims and fellow muslims all in the name of their religion.

[edit on 5/23/2005 by centurion1211]

The author is asking WHY muslims are being painted as evil, which I see now aday.
Muslims do kill each other, so has every religion. Dont believe me? Look it up, it happened.

posted on May, 26 2005 @ 04:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by mrwupy
Lets see, the original question went something like this:

"Why are muslims being targetted as terrorists?"

I think the answer to that is, all muslims are not terrorists, by bygolly all terrorists are muslim. Atleast in this day and age. All the other wacko groups have decided to sit back and watch the real pro's at work, and the muslim terrorist seem more then ready to give them a show.

Really?
So the IRA and UVF dont exist anymore?
The terror groups in the entire of europe who are not muslims have now "ceased to exist" , get real.

It really wouldn't hurt the image of muslims world wide if their leaders stood up and condemned the terrorist, if the mullahs and leaders of the muslim community made a stand to say that murder is wrong.

Yeah it would because there position is on a knife edge and these terrorists would not hesitate to kill them.

But they won't. With their silence they give their tacit approval.

No, they just live in fear.

When the Muslim community starts to condemn the terrorists and actually help in the fight to stop them, then, and only then, will people start to believe Islam is anything more then a fanatical death cult.

Really?
So those muslims in the US army, marines, navy and airforce are not fighitng?
The muslims fighting in the UK army, the royal marine comando's, the royal navy and the royal air force are not fighitng?
Tell me what ARE they doing?
The image has been set, it will take years and much pain to remove that image.

Love and light,

Not in your vision.

posted on May, 26 2005 @ 04:56 PM
link   
Devilwasp, I was talking about the numbers of people killed. Muslims fanatics "win" hands down on that one over the IRA, blondes, grannies and all the other groups they're competing with for the title of 'most barbaric humans'. Don't ever remember hearing about IRA beheadings, either.

P.S. with your stated viewpoints, are you sure that devilwasp fits your persona better than, say, butterfly or even ladybug?

posted on May, 26 2005 @ 05:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by vincere7

Originally posted by infinite
You read the Qur'an?
there is nothing to fear from it, Islam is a peaceful community and has done a lot of good things.

You're talking to the wrong guy. I lived amongst Lebanese, and Yemeni muslims for years. Islam is used as a weapon and was created to amass an army. The clerics understand this, however they'llnever admit it openly. Just as "peaceful" muslims will never admit that they desire the U.S. to become a cesspool of bombings just like Israel, so the great satan suffers along with the citizens for their leaders mistakes. Thats just the popular thinking.

The muslims who have the respect are the ones actively involved with Jihad. Just as our troops get respect so do troops for jihad - it's no different, just a different culture with different values and beliefs. Muslims believe in using ALL infidels for their own purpose, whether financial or political. If the power is stronger they feed off it. If they can overthrow a power they will attempt to do so. Simple, and not to be confused by peace this, or bad muslim that. That's all rhetoric.

Strange, i also know some lebanese, but i didnt get that same impression. Where did you live and why ?

posted on May, 26 2005 @ 05:45 PM
link   
It wasn't some for me, but many. Knowing a couple people means nothing. You have to look at the collective, and those who are leading the collective and how they are being influenced to believe.

I give you one example. A bloke I know was in the Lebannon civil war. Christians and Muslims duking it out. He was Muslim so of course during the course of the war he learned to hate some factions, who were non christian and christian alike. This of course influenced his beliefs. Why wouldn't it? War has a tendency to do that.

As a young man you go through changes as you experience your surroundings. Not every muslim has a belief to kill America and Kill Bush, but few and far between. You have one or the other but they are both connected. You see this culture has been built for a thousand years based on the worship of martyrs. Now worship is a heavy word, more like dramatic respect. When a culture financially rewards martyrdom, it's an achievement and those who will utilize the tool will be sure to always have an achievement.

Just as Americans are brainwashed into believeing what we "need" to believe, Muslims are indoctrinated the same way just on different respectable grounds. Back to the Lebanese Muslim. The war was over, in fact you see now that Muslims and Christians walk hand in hand in lebanon, but before it wasn't so. The man I knew took this hatred from his experience and others capitalized from it by nuturing his beliefs, as others had nutured them over years.

So although I agree with those who say, "not every Muslim desires war," there are too many who do, based on indoctrinated teaching and EXPERIENCE. This is why I laugh at the naive individuals who preach the peaceful Islam, when there are too many who are much, much, more respected to the masses, preaching the exact opposite. Those who had bad experiences yield to not only a greater respect in doing so, but in financial and societal gain.

Generations of war have a tendency to cause a people to see the errors of their leaders way. However, if a culture rears it's children to war, that is what they will enjoy doing until they learn differently, but then it's too late.

posted on May, 26 2005 @ 06:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by centurion1211
Devilwasp, I was talking about the numbers of people killed.

Oh so its now down to statistics is it?
Are we back in the 19th centuary?

Muslims fanatics "win" hands down on that one over the IRA, blondes, grannies and all the other groups they're competing with for the title of 'most barbaric humans'. Don't ever remember hearing about IRA beheadings, either.

No you hear about them drowning informents, knee capping people, cementing informers and dropping them in the irish sea, setting off bombs in town squares, using snipers to attack british troops and civilians.

P.S. with your stated viewpoints, are you sure that devilwasp fits your persona better than, say, butterfly or even ladybug?

Well you heard what ali said, "move like a butter fly sting like a bee" .........or in this case a wasp...

posted on May, 26 2005 @ 07:19 PM
link   
Go read Surah 9, then you'll see why Muslims are looked at as terrorists.
Not to mention that most if not all of the terrorists have been Muslims.
It ain't rocket science, baby!

Banjo

posted on May, 26 2005 @ 07:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by banjo_guru
Go read Surah 9, then you'll see why Muslims are looked at as terrorists.

Banjo

Go read up on the "troubles" in NI.....you'll see terrorism there....

posted on May, 26 2005 @ 09:11 PM
link   
I have to agree if islam was not such a radicalist religion maybe they would be targeted far less often.

posted on May, 27 2005 @ 04:17 AM
link   

Originally posted by banjo_guru

Even if this were true, it still would not justify the targeting of ALL Muslims to be racially profiled. It is ignorant to believe that being Muslim is a precursor to being a terrorist, and too many people are beginning to associate being Middle-Eastern with being Islamic as well.

The problem is not just with identifying the religion, but the ethnicity as well, the two are simply too close within the public's mind. Not only would this encourage racism and division within America, but could also lead to passing over non-middle-eastern people as being "safe." Case in point, John Walker Lindh could just have easily been one of the hijackers, Timothy McVeigh's capture was delayed due to the Middle-Eastern terrorist hype (even back then!) and the man on the airplane who attempted to light his explosive shoes on fire.

In short, there is nothing to gain from using religion as a determining factor when attempting to find terrorists. How would you feel if all MEN came under increased scrutiny because, hey, MOST terrorists are men. It is a simple extension of the same logic, and undeniably unjustified.

posted on May, 27 2005 @ 06:12 AM
link   
vincere7,
Thanks for your interesting answer. I'd still like to have your answer where and how you dealt with "the lebanese collective", if that doesnt offend you.

[edit on 27-5-2005 by Moretti]

posted on May, 27 2005 @ 06:32 AM
link   
Guess after one terror group goes another appears

Before 911, "Muslim extremism" were not a public enemy (or as far as i knew anyways) personally i had ever heard of it (appart from odd news in Middle East bombings and so)

Its only when they started Bombing western countries that it became a concern and mass media coverage in the west (which is obvious)

In Britian it was the IRA, then they dissapeared from the "fighting" to be replaced with Al-Quidea "coverage"

Now its Muslims extremist factions such as Al-Queda (carnt spell it)

In Spain it was mainly the ETA, then Al-Queda came along and took their place as the "dominent/most talked about" terrorist force

Terrorist Hierachies change with the times

However the fact with the IRA and ETA are that they can be considered "nationalists" who also GIVE warnings/indications when a bomb is going to be set off and where/time it will be, so people can clear area (to a degree) and minimize the death toll (they are enemys of British (IRA) and Spanish (ETA) government , not the people) where as Al-Quidea would kill me, destroy my government and "western way of life, and replace it with their own version, where they would be the rulers" they would also kill my "countrymen" and any "believers" without warning to get their point accross in the name of THEIR religion and THEIR beliefs (Not nesseserly mainstream Muslims beliefs)

[edit on 27-5-2005 by Crash]

posted on May, 27 2005 @ 10:55 AM
link   
Under ordinary circumstances, just because someone is of one religion or another would not be a valid reason, but my argument still stands;

Go read Surah 9, ( which actually explains why most terrorists are Muslim!), then you'll see why Muslims are looked at as terrorists.

If I read similar passages in the Bible, and most terrorists were Christians or Jewish, can you guess what I would think then?

By the way, what is NI?:

posted on May, 27 2005 @ 12:07 PM
link   
The point about the 'average everyday muslim' is well taken.

I've no intent to persuade readers that the preponderance of muslims are anything but that which the lead posting describes them as being.

The lead posting thankfully does not seem to dispute the fact that there is a valid track record of Islamic (Muslim) Terrorism. That track record is shared by other groups, but I believe that thinking individuals will acknowledge the reality that most such terrorism is of Islamic origin, and is growing rapidly.

In World War II, the forces arrayed against Germany and Japan did not seek out for destruction only the Nazi Party members, or Japanese warlords who'd galvanized their respective nations into dangerous international entities. The dual victories that were achieved in 1945 necessitated the reduction to RUBBLE both the German and Japanese societies which harbored these evil masters. There were no doubt multitudes of 'average Joes' within those borders. Millions died at the hands of the allied armies and air forces.

Islam is the galvanizing force within dozens of disparate nations whose populace considers it the higher calling to be a Muslim than to be an Egyptian, a Libyan, a Moroccan or an Idonesian. The Islamic terrorists that lurk within those various societies, that recruit therein, that strike from therein cannot be 'selectively' eliminated anymore than could our World War II foes. It will unfortunately take more, and at probably a horrific cost.

The 'average Joes' of the world alway pay.

About 3,000 did at the WTC.... and before another 3,000 fine american 'average Joes' are similarly slaughtered, I'll back efforts to reduce to rubble the societies that spawn the terrorists.

posted on May, 27 2005 @ 12:12 PM
link   
allowed the extermists to gain control.
Admiral Isoroku Yamamoto said it best : "I fear all we have done is to awaken a sleeping giant and fill him with a terrible resolve."

So thank those wonderful Wabbis extremists! All you peacenicks will just have to wait this out.

posted on May, 27 2005 @ 12:17 PM
link   
So how would we know that in a close muslim community (eg: in the USA) an innocent muslim is actually hiding or helping a bunch of terrorists?! I actually mean that any muslim with a straight advanced life can help terrorism, even if he doesn't know that those guys in his cellar are suicide bombers.

The terrorists are using the religion not only to ease on their dirty soul, but to hide among innocent muslims, too. This method is well known, and not only the terrorists of the Islam use it, but murderous Christian communities as well.

posted on May, 27 2005 @ 12:24 PM
link   
mentions a martyr recieving 72 white figs instead of the extermists 72 virgins; shows that these people only wish to kill all others (as they demonstrate on an almost daily basis) that will not let them control them.

I think it's pathetic the 'peaceful' muslims have not come out and stated the these child-killing martyrs are getting 72 WHITE FIGS!! and what's with the self-fallagation that the muslims practice?

posted on May, 27 2005 @ 12:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by ferretman
I think it's pathetic the 'peaceful' muslims have not come out and stated the these child-killing martyrs are getting 72 WHITE FIGS!! and what's with the self-fallagation that the muslims practice?

Because if those peaceful muslims would come forward, they (and their families) would face death, no matter where they are. As long as this is the case, the peaceful muslims actually support the terrorists.

posted on May, 27 2005 @ 08:58 PM
link   
It’s all going according to God’s great plan. As always, there are a lot of profits to be made by waging war against other clans. Now that the Communists have been pounded into submission, the cross-hairs had to be moved onto a new enemy, that being the Nation of Islam; another political system that says peace and prosperity can be achieved by all. It looks like Iran and Syria will be next on the list... showing roughly 108 U.S. Military attacks against non-white and/or non-Christian nations, out of a total of 136 launched offenses.

www.neravt.com...

Just remember who our God is (His picture is on those bills in your wallet) and remember what the Lord said: “Love the Lord your God with all your heart and with all your soul and with all your mind.’ This is the first and greatest commandment. And the second is like it: ‘Love your neighbor as yourself.’ All the Law and the Prophets hang on these two commandments.”

And if ever the second law conflicts with the first law, simply obey the first law.

We all know that it's all about money.
We all know that the love of money is the root of all evil.
We all know that behind every great fortune is a great crime.
And we all know that the richest country in the world could never be found guilty of war crimes.
Therefore whatever country the US and their allies attacks, for whatever reason, will be justified as being for the greater good.

Is WWIII inevitable?

A lot of people believe that we are all destined for another world war. A war that could bring about our total destruction, if not for God's intervention. For most people, the worst case scenario is that Jesus will come back and straighten everything out--- A man whose teachings can be summed up in one sentence: "Love your neighbor as you love yourself..."

Is this war necessary?

To answer that I think we all need to ask ourselves this: Do I really think Jesus would support this war? And, am I willing to bet the lives of millions or billions of people for what I believe? If you answered "Yes" to either question, how can you say you're any better than any other person who kills or allows to be killed thousands or millions or billions of people for what he or she believes?

The only reason why any country ever goes to war, no matter what they say, is to dominate their "enemies" and/or control their resources. It just sounds better when they say, "we're going to liberate those people," or, "we're doing this in self-defense." That's how the Romans got away with slaughtering tens of millions of people and dominating most of the planet for over 400 years... and in that time building up incredible wealth and power... only then to be reborn as Roman Catholics, Christians who fight for the greater good.

I truly hope Saint John was right when he wrote that part about Jesus coming back on a white horse and saving the last third of us (2 billion out of 6 billion people?) from certain death. Because if he wasn't, or if someone just added that part after the fact--- perhaps to strengthen the overall message... it seems we're all either destined to be destroyed by war (biological warfare [AIDS], famine, poverty, pestilence, etc.) or be utterly consumed by the world's richest, most powerful and most aggressive nation; that will one day self-destruct, just like all the great nations before it...

nuf said

posted on May, 28 2005 @ 10:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by QuietSoul

Originally posted by infinite
i still dont understand why they are pushing the blame to muslims though

its not fair

People still do believe " One bad apple, spoils the others", hence the stereotypes emerge.

The media definitely should take a major share of the blame.

I understand what you mean, the media does kinda build up the stereotypes

[edit on 22-5-2005 by infinite]

Here's a way out there approach..

Remember Germany? WWII and the "crusade" to rid the lands of Jews? Which turned more into a huge power/land grab on Germany's side.

What if the same thing is happening right now, just under the radars?

"People" are being detained from all over the world and put into prison camps. Gitmo, Camp Cropper, the like..

And the reason? These people are muslim and could/would do something horrible like bomb one of our buildings in the states.

Just look up how many people are getting pumped into detention camps. You read EVERY day of people being 'detained'.. of course, ALL in the name of the War on TERROORRRR!...

Right now we are experiencing the same thing the Germans experienced.. denial. Our government is launching a World War in the name of "terror" and slowly but surely stirring the media pot of propaganda..

same as the detention camps for the japanese-americans in ww2(no one cared where they were born or what their citizen-ship was)

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join