It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Boycott Star Wars: Revenge of the Sith - US Patriotic Groups!

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 22 2005 @ 07:27 AM
link   
Firstly,

Conservative group called Patriotic Americans Boycotting Anti-American Hollywood is calling for a boycott of the film.

www.pabaah.com...

When will Hollywood learn? George Lucas and his intergalactic empire have now been added to our official boycott list. Sad...but necessary. A bigger Star Wars fan you'll never find...until now. Our country is at war and Lucas spouts off this crap?

Haha, good luck fellas, i'm sure you'll really hurt ticket sales!
They think it's mimicking Bush's speach 'You with us or your with the Terrorist' because Darth Vader says 'you with me or your my enemy' and that the Empire is referencing the Bush administrations foreign policy.

So they are boycotting it.

posted on May, 22 2005 @ 07:37 AM
link   
lol, the more they boycott it the more people going to see it, if they said they are boycotting it with the reason they provide, well i would want to see the movie 2 times more than i normally would lol

posted on May, 22 2005 @ 07:38 AM
link   
what a load of bollocks. Thanks for a Laff!!!

posted on May, 22 2005 @ 07:51 AM
link   
That's really, really, REALLY sad.

Seriously. I mean it's equivalent to telling your supporters not to buy a book that contains an anti-war message. (Not saying the movie did or not, but still.)

Plus, who's NOT going to see a new star wars movie?

Here's all I have to say:

"Only a Sith deals in absolutes."

-koji K.

posted on May, 22 2005 @ 07:55 AM
link   

Originally posted by ulshadow
the more they boycott it the more people going to see it

Naaaaaaah. It won't effect ticket sales one way or the other.
This is a 'nobody' group. No one is listening to them. People will
go or not go and it won't be because of anything that this group
said.

Koji - we won't be going to see the movie. Not because of the
'boycott' by this bananna group ... but because we usually wait
and rent movies to save $$$.

posted on May, 22 2005 @ 08:48 AM
link   
I don't support Hollywood, but I support the actors???

Doesn't that sound like "I don't support the war, but I support the troops?"

Both statements make about the same sense.

What this has to do with this tread? I have no idea.

posted on May, 22 2005 @ 10:09 AM
link   

Originally posted by koji_K
"Only a Sith deals in absolutes."

I've already used that one.

That's stupid. You can definitely sense the relation, but there is no relation. It was written ages ago, and was echoing the Vietnam War if anything, but is an accurate descritpion of how things would go down in that scenario. Anakin would say that sort of thing. It's a common phrase, dammit. Stupid people.

Oh, by the way, Anakin says that and Palpatine is the Emperor. Bush is two people?! Then who is the Jedi Council? The Liberal media? Calm down and watch a bloody movie.

posted on May, 22 2005 @ 10:18 AM
link   
Patriotic Americans Boycotting Anti-American Hollywood

U gotta be Kidding me!

I suggest you all go and see it in theatre - watching it home on your small screen, is not the same ball-game.

posted on May, 22 2005 @ 10:37 AM
link   
I don't even *like* Star Wars and haven't been to see a movie in years...but here's one conservative patriot that might just see it!

True patriots don't blindly follow Bush.

posted on May, 22 2005 @ 10:44 AM
link   

Originally posted by Souljah
watching it home on your small screen, is not the same ball-game.

Too true.

See it Amethyst! Maybe it can correct one of you biggest flaws (

I don't even *like* Star Wars
)

posted on May, 22 2005 @ 10:50 AM
link   
Man, i really do love Americans

Its a film, get over it.

posted on May, 22 2005 @ 11:15 AM
link   
A couple things:

Hard-core leftist and hard-core right groups are both calling this "anti-american" and using it to their advantage.

Truth is, these stories were written about thirty years ago - during the Vietnam war.

Though prequels, Episodes I, II, and III have been written and re-written since IV, V, and VI came out back in the 70's and 80's.

BTW: Episode III was a great movie. Saw it yesterday.

-wD

posted on May, 22 2005 @ 11:20 AM
link   
Hands down the best of the last three. Period. These id10t's are just missing out on a great flick. I will have to say that the parrallels between WWII and this movie are stronger than the Bush connection. That being said, well, I wont bring up the whole Hitler/Bush thing.

GO SEE THE MOVIE! QUIT WHINING AND ENJOY A GREAT STORY!

btw, I saw it last nite and came home and watched Star Wars not 25 minutes after E3 had rolled the credits. Im a cerified Starwars Junky

posted on May, 22 2005 @ 11:43 AM
link   
The great thing about the United States is that any American have the freedom to watch or not to watch and can tell others to watch or not to watch at all. It's called the freedom to express informed opinions and it's up to others to take it or not.

PABAAH is entitled to disagree with Hollywood's silly left-leaning approaches to films, IMO.

posted on May, 22 2005 @ 11:50 AM
link   
Was the Aniken statement " Either you are with me or you are my enemy" in the original story or was it added by the script writer??

I found both the contentious statements " Either you are with me or you are my enemy" and " This is how liberty dies...with a thunderous applause" artistically and aptly placed in the movie

And, did I mention I loved the movie

Personally, I like to see these special effect movies on big screen. I save money on others by either going to the dollar theatres or picking them up from the public library.

posted on May, 22 2005 @ 11:54 AM
link   
Those two statements are great. They weren't added, though. They've been in the original script for quite sometime.

Even Lucas said that the film was not anti-Bush, seeing as it was written decades before Bush became President and 9/11 happened, etc.

-wD

posted on May, 22 2005 @ 12:01 PM
link   
I didn't *love* it (man, it was FULL of Lame Science and I just wanted to go find Lucas and whack him with a basic high school physics book) but it was kinda fun. Anakin has learned to act somewhat, though Padame is still good at standing around and looking decorative. I really wish he'd selected stronger actors. And I didn't like the CGI Yoda as much as I liked the muppet version. And some of the dialogue is pretty wooden.

Still, it was enjoyable enough to go see again!

posted on May, 22 2005 @ 12:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by Byrd

Still, it was enjoyable enough to go see again!

Tomorrow at the 12:30 pm matinee

And any other time I can make it I will

If you havent seen it yet, GO NOW AND FEEL THE POWER OF THE FORCE!

posted on May, 22 2005 @ 12:42 PM
link   
You know these so called "Patriots" don't want us to have civil liberties. Alex Jones talks about it here it's pretty interesting it talks about how George Lucas himself said just before the movie was released he was worried about America becoming a Police State. It gets kind of stupid with a Darth Vader spoof later into it, but it really is true so why not.

infowars.com...

posted on May, 22 2005 @ 12:51 PM
link   
These people need to find jobs. Episode 3 rocked, and my 5 y/o loved it...

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join