It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Boycott Star Wars: Revenge of the Sith - US Patriotic Groups!

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 22 2005 @ 01:15 PM
link   
who cares...

the movie was great...

its still making millions...

i bet those guys are sneaking in to see it too

this movie was political though...

is this why they hate it???

posted on May, 22 2005 @ 04:13 PM
link   
Let me just say I am the World's Greatest Star Wars Fan. Nobody can match me in terms of Star Wars enthusiasm, saavy, love, and knowledge.

posted on May, 22 2005 @ 04:15 PM
link   
I'd like to add that the film (which I saw yesterday) was amazing... And very sad too though....
But I loved it! I only wish I'd known about this boycotting thing before and then I might have enjoyed it that little bit more!! LOL

posted on May, 22 2005 @ 05:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by sweatmonicaIdo
Let me just say I am the World's Greatest Star Wars Fan. Nobody can match me in terms of Star Wars enthusiasm, saavy, love, and knowledge.

A true Star Wars fan would post his favorite Star Wars icon as avatar instead of whoever that dude you put up as an avatar.

posted on May, 22 2005 @ 06:02 PM
link   

Well, how long did YOU wait on line then?

OK, give me one inaccuracy in the current movie. One occurence that is contradicted in a later film.

posted on May, 22 2005 @ 06:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by Amorymeltzer

Well, how long did YOU wait on line then?

OK, give me one inaccuracy in the current movie. One occurence that is contradicted in a later film.

Oh gawd, we're getting into the "Who a bigger star wars nerd" now?
That question is fairly easy(allthough I havn't seen EpIII yet so I don't wanna say anything
)

posted on May, 22 2005 @ 06:13 PM
link   
You have to admit, the movie does ring of anti-Bushism. And if anyone saw THX-1138, you'd know that Lucas is anti-establishment.

Darth Sidius (Cheney) - Hides in the background and uses other people (Bush) to do the dirty work for him.

Darth Vader/Anakin (Bush) - Power hungry and easily used as a puppet by Darth Sidius (Cheney).

The Jedi Council (The American People or Those who are for Democracy) - The power of the "Force" is the power of many.

And, for Lucas to write in "Those who are not with me...", and ad the line that Obi Wan said afterwards about the Republic and Democracy only cried "anti-Bush".

posted on May, 22 2005 @ 06:25 PM
link   
Well, unlike all you poor poor losers, I saw it over a month ago, and own it on DvD. Just watched it again, and last night, and a couple days ago.

Anyways, I didn't think anything of it until the GOP(Thats right, the republicans were thr FIRST to say this movie is evil and Lucas/star war fans need to be rounded up and shot) started crying and whining like liberals about it.

posted on May, 22 2005 @ 06:38 PM
link   
james, are you admitting you have illegaly bootlegged this movie? *Ring* *ring* yes, james the lesser is a movie pirate!

anyway, I loved the film and especially that space battle in the begining and the lightsaber duels
. Yeah, this just makes me want to go see it again! I was kind of upset how anakin got duped so easily by palpatine, you would think if anybody could bring someone back it would be yoda.
I agree i like the puppet version of yoda better but they could not have him do such outstanding saber fights if they didnt.

posted on May, 22 2005 @ 06:39 PM
link   
Considering the script had been written long before Bush came into power, this claim is hilariously ironic.

Scholars argue today that art does not really have meaning until you add the subject. You could think of this as "if a tree falls and no ones around does it make a sound". Then, thinkers such as John Barthes have argued that "meaning" is an individual phenomenon. What we can learn from all of this, is that all these intellectual giants have really accomplished with their announcement is drawing attention to THEIR interpretation--which they despise and might have gone otherwise unnoticed by others. Thus, they propagate their interpretation, in spite of the fact that it criticizes their sacred leader, and give it more cultural weight worldwide. Great job, Idiots of the century.

I think the funniest part is that if you follow these "patriots" interpretation of this new movie chronologically into Episode 4-6 (the original series), they become an anti-authoritarian revolutionary fairytale (i.e. the long battle between the rebels and the Galactic Empire and evil Darth Vader). Its is as though our cultural memory saw it coming.

Cultural depictions of anti-authoritarian thought are really everywhere. From the American Revolutionaries of 1776 to William Wallace's uprising (Braveheart), MLK to Gandhi, and even Jesus--each was challenging authority in an important way for their time and people.

Thus, this is when 'patriots' start to see their leader in the speech of Darth Vader that we should be worried. This is part of why we humans need art: a reminder of what makes the dark side the dark side (i.e. absolutism, authoritarianism, elitism, thirst for power, and militancy). In other news, Patriot II act is moving through the Senate. Eek.

posted on May, 22 2005 @ 07:13 PM
link   
Of course there are going to be similarities between the current real war and the inter-galactic Star Wars.

Afterall, Star Wars is about, duh, WAR!!!!

So your going to skip the final chapter in a series you have followed for the last 28 years (assuming you ARE that old, lol) because of two or three lines in a movie about fantasy.

Wow! Even the guys in DC dont live and breath politics THAT much. Gimme a break!

If politics consume you that much (you being the type that would actually consider boycotting a western just because there arent enough actors in it that support the NRA), you need a shrink.

For real.

This anti-Star Wars group is on crack if they think their own rank and file havent seen it ALREADY!

If Michael Moore cant bring down Republicans, conservatives, and right wingers, why would anyone think George Lucas could/would/or even cares.

It really comes down to a question of how intolerant you are to any idea or opinion outside your own.

Talk about a Nazi frame of mind!

I saw it. I loved it. And when it comes out on DVD, I will buy all 6 even though I an d/l it for free on the net (no, I wont tell you where to go so you can break the law).

100 years from now, they will still be watching Star Wars and its (by that time) painfully awful special effects.

Long Live George Lucas, Master of Hollywood!

out

posted on May, 22 2005 @ 07:15 PM
link   
Heres a fascinating interview with Pabaah

posted on May, 22 2005 @ 08:25 PM
link   
These people are nationalist and should consider the facts. I AM going to see the movie, anti-Bush or Pro.

posted on May, 22 2005 @ 08:46 PM
link   
I think George Lucas has a better shot than Michael Moore.

No, seriously.

He has a better reputation, isn't a far-far-leftist, and hell, looks better too.

(He doesn't have 8 or 9 chins)

-wD

posted on May, 22 2005 @ 08:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by Quake

Was the Aniken statement " Either you are with me or you are my enemy" in the original story or was it added by the script writer??

I found both the contentious statements " Either you are with me or you are my enemy" and " This is how liberty dies...with a thunderous applause" artistically and aptly placed in the movie

You know something? That quote Bush made after the September 11th attacks, "You're either with us or you're against us," came straight out of the movie, "Formula 51" which came out in the summer of 2001 (I think but not sure). It starred Samuel Jackson and some Brits.

posted on May, 22 2005 @ 09:08 PM
link   
CRAP! Too bad I didn't read that BEFORE seeing the movie 13 times this weekend. That's right, 13 times. It was one week's entire pay spent on Star Wars.

What a load of crap some people spew. I mean, c'mon already! They just want attention, and sadly enough, they're getting it!

posted on May, 22 2005 @ 10:07 PM
link   
It's Anti-Dictator.

The Sith was by far, the best of the first three. The best out of all six was The Empire Strikes Back. The Imperial Walkers (ATAT) of Hoth made it for me.
The 'Sith' is definitely darker and I noticed children, brought in under age by their parents, inquired about certain disturbing scenes.-"the young ones."

When I went outside after my 6:30pm Friday night showing, I noticed an authentic Storm Trooper and Emperor guard, all in black, standing next to the 10:00pm showing line. Who from this board noticed people dressed up in Star Wars gear when they went to the movies?

posted on May, 22 2005 @ 10:19 PM
link   
"Star Wars" was brilliant--classic story-telling and classic themes with reflexive humor. I loved it. I haven't seen any of the rest and I won't see this one unless I get dragged to see it, which might happen.

Still, George Lucas is George Lucas and even if his politics stink the objectional references that I have heard could apply to almost anyting. Some people must think that GW coined the phrase,"You are either with us or you are against us," and it's myriad variants.

This is a film for the legions of "Star Wars" buffs. I doubt that I would get anything out of it even if I did see it. It would be like sitting through "Lord of the Rings." It was spectacular to view, but in the end the only thing I got out of it was a sore neck.

posted on May, 22 2005 @ 10:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by cmdrkeenkid
Too bad I didn't read that BEFORE seeing the movie 13 times this weekend. That's right, 13 times. It was one week's entire pay spent on Star Wars.

Can you be serious? That is over thirty hours of just film time, not to mention the money.

posted on May, 22 2005 @ 10:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by Byrd
I didn't *love* it (man, it was FULL of Lame Science and I just wanted to go find Lucas and whack him with a basic high school physics book) but it was kinda fun....

That quote there would work in a variet of hollywood movies (points to the aviator), but does not necessarily apply to a film like Star Wars.

It would have been true, should it have taken place on earth. Not all planets have the same fluid flow as that seen on earth, hence a basic physics textbook does not apply. A lot of different anomalies could even cancel out the effects of gravity, but then you'd have to stretch your imagination.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join