It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

MattMarriot for ATS Council Person-at-Large

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 21 2005 @ 08:24 PM
link   
This member has given his heart and soul to better the lives of others. His passion spreads like wildfire and he hands out hope like candy in his pocket. Matt's posts are always awe-inspiring and nearly bring one to tears.

I don't think anyway can deny the compassion he shows towards other members. Even faced with the harshest criticism and adversity, he remains steadfast in his beliefs.

If you want a council member to work for you, the people of ATS, I implore you to nominate MattMarriot for ATS council person-at-large.

posted on May, 21 2005 @ 08:26 PM
link   
you evil evil man you!!!

One day the dark side will claim your soul and cyborg ninja monkeys with wings will eat your children.

posted on May, 21 2005 @ 08:27 PM
link   
Nerdling & The Department of Inevitable Hilarity hereby endorse this endorsement.

posted on May, 21 2005 @ 10:14 PM
link   
Matt Marriot does nothing but make absurd posts which the average person cannot even make any sense out of. Then when someone complains that they don't understand what he is talking about, he mocks their intelligence and acts as though what he writes is plain English.

God bless us all if this man is ever elected to any position of authority, even here on ATS. Vote for Rasputin13 as the anti-Marriot candidate!

posted on May, 21 2005 @ 11:10 PM
link   
MattMarriot's style of language may seem complex to the average reader, but underneath lies a complex network of social commentary. MattMarriot has the unique ability to pull the reader in on the first sentence and reveal to us where our world may be headed in an almost prophetic way.

And as has been stated, MattMarriot advocates a lingua franca among the world's citizens, one in which we may all communicate and lunge headfirst into the mysteries our future lays ahead of us. Cultural and language barriers show themselves even on ATS, which prohibits a common understanding of reference points for the individual ATS reader. It is MattMarriot who wishes to tear these down like the Berlin wall and reunite the people of the world.

Unity, trust, and understanding -- all words synonymous with MattMarriot.

posted on May, 21 2005 @ 11:28 PM
link   
Threads designed to take the piss out of a single member aren't funny.

posted on May, 21 2005 @ 11:30 PM
link   
I actually do enjoy his posts and am sincere that I would like to see him as an ATS council person. I may have hyped him up a little bit, but what politician doesn't?

posted on May, 21 2005 @ 11:35 PM
link   
It's not amusing. It's sad. End of.

posted on May, 21 2005 @ 11:37 PM
link   
Well then I feel sorry for you that you don't understand my intentions even though I made them clear as day. They were not meant to be funny in the strictest sense, just ironic because it seems some members don't value his presence as much as I do. That's why I threw his name out there instead of other members I voted for.

posted on May, 21 2005 @ 11:39 PM
link   
Aye; and I'm the Queens consort.

Bollocks.

posted on May, 21 2005 @ 11:41 PM
link   
Whatever you do in your own time is your business. If you don't share the same value for Matt that me and other members do, then let that be that.

But! Don't try to tell me what I'm thinking.

posted on May, 21 2005 @ 11:45 PM
link   
No bother mate. You've got the right idea at least; I'm pretty sure the independent thinkers on ATS are seeing this for what it is.

posted on May, 22 2005 @ 12:00 AM
link   

Wow.

Can anyone point me to any of his posts that actually made sense or were easy to understand? (note: I have absolutely nothing against Matt)

Hopefully this position comes with a full time translator.

posted on May, 22 2005 @ 12:05 AM
link   
I'd really rather not point out a single thread as I know that it will devolve into bickery about the singular points of one single thread. Instead, you guys know where to search for his posts.

All I offer is the overall vision into what I feel MattMarriot is trying to show us, and that is, a better world.

posted on May, 22 2005 @ 12:44 AM
link   
I don't think I've ever seen this member, or read any of his posts.

Guess I'll go take a look. see what all this fuss is about.

top topics

join