It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

How Does David Blaine Levitate? Do You Know?

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 5 2005 @ 09:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by Selective_ID
I was in Chicago, last year, and saw David Blaine, not too far from the Sears tower, if I remember right, and he done the double foot levitation.
He was aprox 4 ft from me, and I bent down to look under his feet...nothing, there were no platforms, and nothing attached to him from above.

How he done it? Hell if I know

A number of people in here would say or imply that you are an idiot because they are prejudiced against anything truly magickal or telekinetic. However, I know from experience that you are right on the mark in your appraisal.

posted on Jun, 5 2005 @ 10:38 PM
link   
Now I am no expert, but, IMO Chris angel is a much better act. Blaine is awesome, but that levitiation I saw on there was clearly the one where you stand on the toes of one foot. Now that said, I had seen that trick years before and it blew my mind then.....

posted on Jun, 6 2005 @ 01:35 AM
link   

David Blaine was part of a large Group Entity before entering his current life. He worked it out with them, as the Prophet Issa did with his large GE, that they would channel through and around him when he is in the flesh and grant him various Gifts of the Spirit.

Issa is Jesus, right? So Blaine has Jesus-like powers?

I do agree with the concept of "oversouls" and group entities. No problem there. However there are people selling this levitation on the web as a parlor trick, so like I said, he needs to do it from a seated position, like a monk would do. To elevate him to the level of an indian fakir is pushing it. I do believe he has some ability to meditate. I will grant that from the ice tomb stunt.

I have no problem with your theory. I can't confirm Uri Gellar's TK truth/falseness with my eyes so I cannot believe it. As a rational man, I cannot unless it is observed by me, either physically or otherwise.

Can't Blaine spin when he's six inches off the ground? This manuever, however hard, might disprove the "wire" criticism, at least. Someone should be able to walk up to him and set him spinning in mid air just like in outer space, from what I can see. Also, can he do it with weight strapped to his back? How much could he lift? These are the questions that occur to me.

posted on Jun, 6 2005 @ 06:26 AM
link   

I was in Chicago, last year, and saw David Blaine, not too far from the Sears tower, if I remember right, and he done the double foot levitation.
He was aprox 4 ft from me, and I bent down to look under his feet...nothing, there were no platforms, and nothing attatched to him from above.

Either selective ID lied, didn't notice David Blaine's one foot or the ground, or he has debunked practically everyone here in this thread with his own personal experience.

posted on Jun, 6 2005 @ 06:46 AM
link   

Originally posted by smallpeeps

Issa is Jesus, right? So Blaine has Jesus-like powers?

Anyone who channels a large Group Entity has "Jesus-like powers" but it is all a matter of degree. The GE that Blaine channels has thousands of members; the GE that Issa channeled had millions
We know this in part because the telekinetic miracles attributed to Issa/Jesus are considerably greater than those attributed to Blaine, Geller, etc.

I do agree with the concept of "oversouls" and group entities. No problem there. However there are people selling this levitation on the web as a parlor trick, so like I said, he needs to do it from a seated position, like a monk would do. To elevate him to the level of an indian fakir is pushing it. I do believe he has some ability to meditate. I will grant that from the ice tomb stunt.

The concept of an oversoul is when you have a large personality in the Spirit and smaller offshoots of that personality incarnate at different times. I have not found any evidence that any oversoul exists for anyone. However, there are Group Entities who wish to appear to those in the flesh to be an "oversoul" or "higher self" because it grants them a certain advantage in domination.

You put Indian fakirs on an unnecessary pedestal and there are various forms of meditation. The fakirs learn to control their bodies through a meditative practice that takes many years. But this also does not indicate spiritual attainment, only a talent to control the autonomic functions of the body.

I have no problem with your theory. I can't confirm Uri Geller's TK truth/falseness with my eyes so I cannot believe it. As a rational man, I cannot unless it is observed by me, either physically or otherwise.

To not accept the observations of credible people -- like scientists for example -- is an obstacle in ascertaining the absolute truth about anything.

Can't Blaine spin when he's six inches off the ground? This maneuver, however hard, might disprove the "wire" criticism, at least. Someone should be able to walk up to him and set him spinning in mid air just like in outer space, from what I can see. Also, can he do it with weight strapped to his back? How much could he lift? These are the questions that occur to me.

Perhaps you should make these inquiries to him yourself via one of his websites.

Originally posted by TheBandit795

He was aprox 4 ft from me, and I bent down to look under his feet...nothing, there were no platforms, and nothing attatched to him from above.

Either selective ID lied, didn't notice David Blaine's one foot or the ground, or he has debunked practically everyone here in this thread with his own personal experience.

This is an objective appraisal.

In my opinion, he has debunked the skeptics from his own personal experience.

posted on Jun, 7 2005 @ 06:54 AM
link   
I still think its a video editing trick and Selective_ID is mistaken.

However, there is certainly something to TK. Whether or not it is being used here until i see him do it in person i cannot agree with that theory.

And Paul, could you point me in the direction to learn about these Group Entities you speak of? You reference them heavily and i'd like to see what proof there is behind this idea...

posted on Jun, 7 2005 @ 08:03 AM
link   

Originally posted by Vector J
I still think its a video editing trick and Selective_ID is mistaken.

Well, I guess we'll just have to agree to disagree, as I believe that Selective_ID was quite correct in his appraisal.

Someone in this thread asked to be put in contact with an eyewitness to David Blaine's levitation. Now that one has emerged, she has conveniently left the discussion.

However, there is certainly something to TK. Whether or not it is being used here until i see him do it in person i cannot agree with that theory.

I think that as a result of this heated debate that various people in this thread have contributed to, that more ATS members are now open to the idea that telekinesis exists.

And Paul, could you point me in the direction to learn about these Group Entities you speak of? You reference them heavily and i'd like to see what proof there is behind this idea...

Ah... now that's a topic for a whole new thread in itself.

The idea that large Group Entities of (at best) basically spiritual people on the Other Side being behind the formation of all the world's religions, is a unique perspective that is found within Solist Mysticism. I would be happy to continue this topic via e-mail if you wish to do so.

Suffice to state for now, that if one learns how to sense and/or see auric energies, that one can fairly easily learn how to tune into Dominant Aura Color energies. Once this is achieved, then one can accumulate a great deal of personal confirmation as to the existence of Group Entities -- who are vehemently opposed to having their true nature exposed.

[edit on 7-6-2005 by Paul_Richard]

posted on Jun, 7 2005 @ 08:10 AM
link   
Actually, Cris Angel does a couple of levitation tricks as well. One where he walks up a wall is pretty cool. I enjoy watching Blaine, but Cris Angel blows him out of the water.

posted on Jun, 7 2005 @ 09:02 AM
link   

Originally posted by Macuser
Actually, Cris Angel does a couple of levitation tricks as well. One where he walks up a wall is pretty cool. I enjoy watching Blaine, but Cris Angel blows him out of the water.

I am sure that many are interested in learning more about Chris Angel.

Perhaps you can supply us with a link to a website that addresses his levitation tricks.

[edit on 7-6-2005 by Paul_Richard]

posted on Jun, 10 2005 @ 12:12 AM
link   
New series of Criss Angel is due July 20, 2005...!

www.crissangel.com...

posted on Jun, 10 2005 @ 10:02 AM
link   

Originally posted by mwen
New series of Criss Angel is due July 20, 2005...!

www.crissangel.com...

You should start a new thread on this topic.

posted on Jun, 10 2005 @ 11:50 AM
link   
whoa, check out the NYC Times Square Levitation

www.crissangel.com...#

posted on Jun, 10 2005 @ 06:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by enrage
whoa, check out the NYC Times Square Levitation

www.crissangel.com...#

I have no idea how he did that, unless the women was in on the act I'm stumped.

posted on Jun, 11 2005 @ 12:20 AM
link   
From the last series aired on Scifi Channel, here is the (captured) still images of the time he walk up a building...

www.believeinangel.com...

See the rest in here:

posted on Jun, 11 2005 @ 04:31 PM
link   
Back on topic...

I recently purchased David Blaine: Fearless. I got it for less than 10 USD at Best Buy. It has things on it that he has done offstage in open settings that are not in the Street Magick film. Now that some of you are more open to believing in Blaine having a telekinetic Gift like Uri Geller, you will not want to miss this DVD. Some of what he does is just as freaky as his levitation. Such as:

1. Going to a chicken farm and pulling the head and neck off of a chicken (no blood) and then reattaching it easily. The chicken shakes its head for a moment like it is getting its equilibrium back, and then goes on like nothing happened.

2. Going to a park with a bird enthusiast, finding a dead pigeon, and then, within seconds, bringing the pigeon back to life and then it literally flies away from his hands. Our cats occasionally kill birds in our backyard. That bird was D-E-A-D.

3. Asking a pedestrian to concentrate on someone that he considers to be important in his life. Then Blaine takes a lighter and burns a hole in the front of his shirt. Behind the hole (on Blaine's skin) is a tattoo of the face of the woman that the young man was thinking about.

4. Going up to a dirt poor, street person in the inner city who is holding an open, full cup of coffee. Blaine puts his hands around the hands of the person holding the cup. Within seconds, the contents of the cup transform into coins and David tells the man to keep it.

A UK article talked about him having purportedly killed a bird with his mind in his youth. It is nice to see that the energies he channels are now being used more constructively.

That coffee to coin manifestation is even more impressive than changing water to wine.

It's hard at times not to envy this guy.

[edit on 11-6-2005 by Paul_Richard]

posted on Jun, 11 2005 @ 04:59 PM
link   
How does David Blaine levitate? Its all because of the Magic..... Shazaam!

posted on Jun, 11 2005 @ 05:50 PM
link   
Well, it's fascinating really, but anyone who honestly believes any video that has been edited whatsoever, is truly an idiot. I don't care what the cut was, if there's a cut, there's chicanery. Even if there wasn't a cut, there's still honest old-fashioned tricks to be used.

By the way, there's scientific anti-gravity gadgets that you can build yourself out of crap from around the house. It's not that far-fetched. Not that I believe Blaine/Copperfield. Personally I think they're the spawn of satan or atleast the worst sort of hypocrites.

posted on Jun, 11 2005 @ 11:00 PM
link   
Yep, it's an illusion.
In one video that I saw of him doing it you can tell that the video was edited to make it look like the spectators were watching him at the same angle we were.

posted on Jun, 12 2005 @ 06:55 AM
link   

Originally posted by Paul_Richard
Back on topic...

I recently purchased David Blaine: Fearless. I got it for less than 10 USD at Best Buy. It has things on it that he has done offstage in open settings that are not in the Street Magick film. Now that some of you are more open to believing in Blaine having a telekinetic Gift like Uri Geller, you will not want to miss this DVD. Some of what he does is just as freaky as his levitation. Such as:

1. Going to a chicken farm and pulling the head and neck off of a chicken (no blood) and then reattaching it easily. The chicken shakes its head for a moment like it is getting its equilibrium back, and then goes on like nothing happened.

2. Going to a park with a bird enthusiast, finding a dead pigeon, and then, within seconds, bringing the pigeon back to life and then it literally flies away from his hands. Our cats occasionally kill birds in our backyard. That bird was D-E-A-D.

3. Asking a pedestrian to concentrate on someone that he considers to be important in his life. Then Blaine takes a lighter and burns a hole in the front of his shirt. Behind the hole (on Blaine's skin) is a tattoo of the face of the woman that the young man was thinking about.

4. Going up to a dirt poor, street person in the inner city who is holding an open, full cup of coffee. Blaine puts his hands around the hands of the person holding the cup. Within seconds, the contents of the cup transform into coins and David tells the man to keep it.

A UK article talked about him having purportedly killed a bird with his mind in his youth. It is nice to see that the energies he channels are now being used more constructively.

That coffee to coin manifestation is even more impressive than changing water to wine.

It's hard at times not to envy this guy.

[edit on 11-6-2005 by Paul_Richard]

Well the chicken thing was sleight of hand. He held its head under its wing and held a fake ahead in its place. Birds are well known for the ability for their heads to be tucked under their wings, in a way that looks like they don;t have a head at all.

The others, i really can;t give much of an explination for...

posted on Jun, 12 2005 @ 08:39 AM
link   

Well the chicken thing was sleight of hand. He held its head under its wing and held a fake ahead in its place. Birds are well known for the ability for their heads to be tucked under their wings, in a way that looks like they don;t have a head at all.

Yeah, I thought of that too. But then where did he get the head and neck? From under his shirt? Are we talking about a telescoping fake chicken head and neck that can go unnoticed under a t-shirt? Well, I guess that's possible.

The others, i really can't give much of an explanation for...

As I stated before, unless he paid off every pedestrian that reacted (some freaked out) to his tricks, then they were all genuine reactions and not acting.

The tattoo manifestations are remarkable. As is his ability to ask someone to think of a person and then Blaine nails the name of that person on the first try. But the coffee to coin manifestation is really something else. There is no point when the coffee cup is removed, covered or out of view. You actually see the coins replace the coffee in the cup as it is happening.

new topics

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join