It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

How Does David Blaine Levitate? Do You Know?

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 26 2005 @ 10:52 AM
link   
Thanks Lanotom, was about to post such links myself.

P_R, seriosuly dude, its just magic tricks, i own the bitten and restored coin trick myself, its got nothing to do with telekinesis...

Originally posted by Lanotom
Kronn,

How does that site prove eyewitness statements? READ MY POST!
I asked for proof of eyewitnesses not a Pop Up Spyware link.

Paul_Richard,

Sure, I'm going to ask the people who tricked you into believing this is real if the eyewitnesses are real? Thats just too funny.

Here's your bite and restore quarter. It has a $7.70 mark up

www.magictricks.com...

You can also get the card in mouth trick here. It's FREE.

www.goodtricks.net...

Now remember this is Street Magic, no video edit.

NOTHING TELEKINETIC!

posted on May, 26 2005 @ 12:21 PM
link   
This guy levitates about as long as Blaine and he is shown from the front so how does he do it?

www.putfile.com...

posted on May, 26 2005 @ 01:13 PM
link   

Kronn,

How does that site prove eyewitness statements? READ MY POST!
I asked for proof of eyewitnesses not a Pop Up Spyware link.

Paul_Richard,

Sure, I'm going to ask the people who tricked you into believing this is real if the eyewitnesses are real? Thats just too funny.

Here's your bite and restore quarter. It has a $7.70 mark up

www.magictricks.com...

You can also get the card in mouth trick here. It's FREE.

www.goodtricks.net...

Now remember this is Street Magic, no video edit.

NOTHING TELEKINETIC!

The reason i post the link is for you to understand that telekinetic ability is possible.

David blaine do have some form of Esp ability and telekinetic ability may be one of them.
I have watched one of his "Magic Tricks" which he perform mind readings on his subjects.It is in open space,somewhere near the sea(no idea exactly where the location is)
The subject is ask to think of something on her mind and david is suppose to extract the information and then tell her what it is.David was able to extract the information and tell her what she is thinking at that moment.
The subject was shock and was so shock that david has to calm her down by putting his forehead against hers.
If you do some research on mind readings,you will understand that most average ppl will be very shock and feel extremely insecure when they are confronted by a mind reader who expose their ability in front of them.I have studied the expression on the subjects face and the emotions she expresses after david revealed what is on her mind.And they looked genuine to me.So when Paul_Richard suggest that David do have genuine telekinetic ability,I believe him.
And btw not all David's magic is Esp related,some are just common trick known by all magicians.Anyway,David is trying to project an entertainer's image and not the image of a psychic or New age guru.His main focus is just to entertain,and that is all.

posted on May, 26 2005 @ 01:22 PM
link   
Telekinetic ability?

Please tell me what trick/telekinetic ability you are referring too and I will tell you how it's done. Simple as that. David Blaine is a hustler and good at his slight of hand.

In my 42 years of life I have come across many people who do the same thing, he just so happen to get a lucky break because he was noticed doing his hustle by someone who saw a money opportunity. This same person who found him could have found any equally skilled hustler right in the fountain of Washington Square Park.

That said, believe what you want and if David Blaine had these Telekinetic abilities then there would be no reason for him to do the TV specials he could just beam it to your mind. Or has he?

posted on May, 26 2005 @ 01:24 PM
link   
Its an optical illusion. He raises the foot neares to the viewer and then stands on his toes on the other foot. Magic? No

posted on May, 26 2005 @ 01:56 PM
link   
I saw David Copperfield's show in the city ~10 years ago. Not only did he leviate but then flew around over the audiences heads, lastly flying out the main doorway to end the show. I was really neat!!

posted on May, 26 2005 @ 05:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by ferretman
I saw David Copperfield's show in the city ~10 years ago. Not only did he leviate but then flew around over the audiences heads, lastly flying out the main doorway to end the show. I was really neat!!

I believe the Copperfield illusion is created by using fiber optic wires to suspend him which are kept the color and shade of the area of the room he is flying in. I could be wrong and he might use some kind of magic dust but the first is my opinion.

posted on May, 27 2005 @ 05:14 AM
link   
Ok to start with, from these two photos you can see an obvious difference. Mr Blaine is higher in the air, it is impossible to reach that height from the balducci levitation.

I have seen the Copperfield shows and he really has amazed me. He managed to float/fly and have several rings places all along his body from several angles. Now that really impressed me.

Ok the first link isn't coming out, here's the link; antigravitypower.tripod.com...

[edit on 27-5-2005 by phixion]

posted on May, 27 2005 @ 05:24 AM
link   

Originally posted by phixion
Ok to start with, from these two photos you can see an obvious difference. Mr Blaine is higher in the air, it is impossible to reach that height from the balducci levitation.

I have seen the Copperfield shows and he really has amazed me. He managed to float/fly and have several rings places all along his body from several angles. Now that really impressed me.

Ok the first link isn't coming out, here's the link; antigravitypower.tripod.com...

[edit on 27-5-2005 by phixion]

Notice that that picture is taken from the BACK of the audience. Its the spliced in footage of when he's being raised on wires...

posted on May, 27 2005 @ 10:58 AM
link   
Hmm... On that picture you can clearly see one foot pointing down. The feet are not level. I wonder how come the crowd never notices this, if this is what David Blaine is actually doing.

I doubt he could fool me with a Balducci levitation. It would only seem natural to be walking around him, and trying to figure out exactly how he's doing it. That way he can never fool me with having only one foot in the air.

posted on May, 27 2005 @ 11:10 AM
link   
does david copperfield fly when he's home alone ? hmmm...he only seems to fly when there is a paying audience....hmmm...maybe his power of flight explains how he landed claudia schiffer !

would blain let someone pass a wire under his feet when he leviates ? would he allow any close inspection ? nope.....there's a reason its called illusions or tricks !!!!

posted on May, 27 2005 @ 11:14 AM
link   
Believe me If I ever meet him I will demand a close inspection of his feet. And I'll want to be able to pass a ruler underneath them.

posted on May, 31 2005 @ 03:07 PM
link   
whats the big suprise about leivtaion? i saw the show too and it seemed pretty real, but behond that Buddhist monks seem to know alot about levitation as well as some Hindu Gurus.

and by the way if you believe in the Bible not that Jesus walked on water... thats some kind of levitation right ?

I think Levitaion is the result of a higher spiritaul level, when you learn to use parts of your brain that we usually dont have access too....

posted on May, 31 2005 @ 04:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by BaastetNoir
whats the big suprise about leivtaion? i saw the show too and it seemed pretty real, but behond that Buddhist monks seem to know alot about levitation as well as some Hindu Gurus.

and by the way if you believe in the Bible not that Jesus walked on water... thats some kind of levitation right ?

I think Levitaion is the result of a higher spiritaul level, when you learn to use parts of your brain that we usually dont have access too....

I agree that true levitation exists but have not found any evidence that the ability to do it corresponds to being on a high spiritual level. There have been many people throughout history that had a telekinetic Gift but who were not spiritually focused.

Paramahansa Yogananda stated that he knew someone (not Sai Baba) who had the ability to manifest flowers and that it was not indicative of spiritual attainment.

The usual source of telekinesis is a large group of people on the Other Side (e.g., thousands), usually of common spirituality, who combine their individually weak soul energies into a large Group Entity and focus that collective power to manifest telekinesis -- for their own reasons.

Issa/Jesus came from and had a Group Entity of MILLIONS that granted him his various Gifts of the Spirit. They wanted him to fulfill messianic prophecy from the Old Testament. However, he remains only an angel prophet and this is why he never came back and will never do so. Angel collectives, even the largest ones, do not have the power to create upscale humanoid bodies. Future Ascended Co-Creators (who have grown well beyond the angels) will do exactly that.

[edit on 31-5-2005 by Paul_Richard]

posted on May, 31 2005 @ 04:09 PM
link   
If you had listened to Prophet Yahweh on WLW700 last night you would have heard him say that David Blaine and Chris Angel have real powers.

I don't believe so but it's what he claims.

posted on May, 31 2005 @ 04:20 PM
link   

If you had listened to Prophet Yahweh on WLW700 last night you would have heard him say that David Blaine and Chris Angel have real powers.

I don't believe so but it's what he claims.

First off, my understanding of "Yahweh" is that it consisted of a large Group Entity that changed members at times. This was the source of the Gifts of the Spirit that were given to the prophet Moses and other Old Testament prophets. The Original Creator has yet to come and had nothing to do with the formation of ANY traditional religion.

Secondly, in having visited one of the reference sites posted by SO recently, the so-called Prophet Yahweh appears to have a Gift of Charisma and little else. These are a dime a dozen.

I'm not familiar with Chris Angel but do believe David Blaine has a genuine telekinetic Gift that he won't admit to because it has made him very rich.

Much of this comes simply through experience. I have been around people with genuine telekinetic Gifts and have learned to tell the difference between just an illusionist and the real thing.

posted on May, 31 2005 @ 04:55 PM
link   
David Blaine does NOT use balducci levitation (at least anymore), his newer trick (and that is exactly what it is) is called king rising or something to that effect, and both feet are off the ground. How he does it? I have no freaking clue, but I think some people figured it out, and were doing it also (and trying to sell the trick for $$$$).

posted on May, 31 2005 @ 05:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by intrigue
David Blaine does NOT use balducci levitation (at least anymore), his newer trick (and that is exactly what it is) is called king rising or something to that effect, and both feet are off the ground. How he does it? I have no freaking clue, but I think some people figured it out, and were doing it also (and trying to sell the trick for $$$$).

If you ever find anyone anywhere that can do this "king rising," be sure to send us a link to that site.

In the meantime, don't pay out any money to those who are out to make a buck on something they themselves cannot do

I'm still waiting for someone other than Blaine to start duplicating his "tricks" within a "Street Magic" capacity.

I suspect that I have a very long wait on my hands.

posted on May, 31 2005 @ 05:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by Paul_Richard

Originally posted by intrigue

If you ever find anyone anywhere that can do this "king rising," be sure to send us a link to that site.

In the meantime, don't pay out any money to those who are out to make a buck on something they themselves cannot do

I'm still waiting for someone other than Blaine to start duplicating his "tricks" within a "Street Magic" capacity.

I suspect that I have a very long wait on my hands.

Ahem.

www.ellusionist.com...

www.levitation.org...

posted on May, 31 2005 @ 05:54 PM
link   
Good work Vector!

I quote one of the sites you listed:

s t r o n g - p o i n t s :
* can be performed any time any place,
* looks absolutely beautiful,
* is quite easy to master,
* can be repeated again,
* uses NO gimmicks,
w e a k - p o i n t s :
* a little angle sensitive,
* needs good misdirection.

The levitation shown doesn't quite have the height that David Blaine has in his Street Magic film but it is nevertheless impressive.

Note that Blaine often gets sick after doing his levitation while Corey King does not. This points to King's version being an illusion and Blaine's being TK. Telekinetic energies can indeed cause one to become ill. I know this from experience.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join