It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

How Does David Blaine Levitate? Do You Know?

page: 8
<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 28 2005 @ 08:05 PM
link   
See, here is the thing. Emotions, such as euphoria or pleasure are all brought upon by chemicals within the body, more specifically, hormones, such as endorphins and enkaphlins. We CAN actually measure this and thus, we know that there is a cause to emotions; they are not simply ‘magic’. Cause and effect is all scientists need to be satisfied. As long is there is a cause to David Blaine’s levitation, like, who knows, lets say small little reverberations in the air cause resonance resulting in his movement, blah blah, something. Anyway, the point being, if there is an actual measurable cause that we can attribute this effect to, then sure, ill buy it. But, as you stated, telekinesis doesn’t seem to have any measurable quantity, there is no way to confirm it, that’s why it isn’t on the front page of the news paper or the hottest topic in science today. People have looked into this, and are still looking into this subject, and have STILL failed to provide tangible evidence for this phenomenon. ‘Extraordinary claims require extraordinary evidence.’ SO please, by all means, give me some evidence so I can believe these wild claims.

posted on Jul, 28 2005 @ 08:14 PM
link   
David Blaine does not really levitate. It's all an illusion and clever editing. Does anyone have a link for a video of someone is actually levitating. id love to see it.

posted on Jul, 28 2005 @ 08:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by James_Moriarty
See, here is the thing. Emotions, such as euphoria or pleasure are all brought upon by chemicals within the body, more specifically, hormones, such as endorphins and enkaphlins. We CAN actually measure this and thus, we know that there is a cause to emotions; they are not simply ‘magic’.

Measuring the chemicals that surround and trigger emotion is not the same thing as measuring the emotion directly.

James...you are a poor pseudo-scientist.

Cause and effect is all scientists need to be satisfied. As long is there is a cause to David Blaine’s levitation, like, who knows, lets say small little reverberations in the air cause resonance resulting in his movement, blah blah, something. Anyway, the point being, if there is an actual measurable cause that we can attribute this effect to, then sure, ill buy it.

I doubt that you will ever buy into anything that cannot be proven in a laboratory, which will always limit your investigations and distort your conclusions.

But, as you stated, telekinesis doesn’t seem to have any measurable quantity, there is no way to confirm it,...

I never stated that telekinesis doesn't seem to have any measurable quantity or that there is no way to confirm it. What I did state is that telekinetic energy cannot be measured with laboratory instrumentation.
See the difference?

that’s why it isn’t on the front page of the news paper or the hottest topic in science today.

It is not a hot topic in scientific circles because it cannot be duplicated with instruments or measured in a laboratory. But to state that telekinesis is not a hot topic would not be accurate, as it is a very popular issue in metaphysical and magickal circles.

People have looked into this, and are still looking into this subject, and have STILL failed to provide tangible evidence for this phenomenon.

Actually, telekinesis HAS been proven. You just have to open your mind and heart and do some research.

Uri Geller & Matthew Manning Telekinetic Test Results

Take note that they couldn't measure the telekinetic energy directly but they did prove under strict laboratory conditions that both Matthew Manning and Uri Geller demonstrated genuine telekinetic ability. I would be willing to bet that David Blaine and Criss Angel would also be proven under the same laboratory conditions to have genuine telekinetic ability.

‘Extraordinary claims require extraordinary evidence.’ SO please, by all means, give me some evidence so I can believe these wild claims.

Take your head out of the sand and away from the close-minded scientific mindset and start doing some field investigations of telekinetics and suspected telekinetics.

Then you will know the truth firsthand.

[edit on 28-7-2005 by Paul_Richard]

posted on Jul, 28 2005 @ 08:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by Paul_Richard

Measuring the chemicals that surround and trigger emotion is not the same thing as measuring the emotion directly.

First of all, what do you mean we cannot measure the emotion? Define the parameters of this measurement, because if we are aware of the chemical triggers(cause), we can predict the resulting emotion and evaluate it directly with observation. Many people who suffer depression need to take special medicines which help to restore that unusual chemical imballance. If we were unable to measure their emotion directly, how would we be able to determine their current disposition? I do not understand your argument here.

I never stated that telekinesis doesn't seem to have any measurable quantity or that there is no way to confirm it. What I did state is that telekinetic energy cannot be measured with laboratory instrumentation.
See the difference?

You are correct, it was wrong of me to say that it doesn’t have any measurable quantity, however, what im trying to get at is there needs to be some explanation for the result. There needs to be a cause! Things don’t just happen; there is a reason for all of it. And it seems like your telling me that this reason, this telekinetic energy cannot be measured. So how has this proven anything? If we can’t measure this energy, how can you say its been proven? How can you imply that this phenomenon has moved beyond the realm of a theory and is a fundamental truth?

[edit on 28-7-2005 by James_Moriarty]

posted on Jul, 29 2005 @ 12:46 PM
link   

First of all, what do you mean we cannot measure the emotion?

Define the parameters of this measurement, because if we are aware of the chemical triggers(cause), we can predict the resulting emotion and evaluate it directly with observation. Many people who suffer depression need to take special medicines which help to restore that unusual chemical imballance. If we were unable to measure their emotion directly, how would we be able to determine their current disposition? I do not understand your argument here.

Emotion is energy, not just chemical composition. The chemical composition component of emotion is only the basest facet of it in the body. Laboratory equipment cannot measure the energy of emotion, only analyze the chemical components that surround it that are in the flesh.

We are not just bodies that are experiencing a consciousness but spiritual consciousness that is in human embodiment.

The "special medicines" that are used to treat depression are chemicals to induce an internal reaction. They do not consist of emotional energy but can affect the emotions or psychological mood of the individual by affecting the body.

BTW, without going into the pitfalls of Freudianism and psychoanalysis, I believe that natural -- even alternative -- methods of healing are better than any drugs.

For example, something that you should try, Qigong (or Chi-gong) works wonders for psychological well being. It is an effective cure for Post Traumatic Stress Disorder and Panic Attacks. It involves slow movements or no movements, Chinese breathing, and visualizations of energy in the body. It is based on an ancient system of self-healing from China that is over five thousand years old.

If you want to do research into telekinesis, learning about and doing Qigong is a wonderful way to start.

See the difference?

You are correct, it was wrong of me to say that it doesn’t have any measurable quantity, however, what im trying to get at is there needs to be some explanation for the result. There needs to be a cause! Things don’t just happen; there is a reason for all of it. And it seems like your telling me that this reason, this telekinetic energy cannot be measured. So how has this proven anything? If we can’t measure this energy, how can you say its been proven? How can you imply that this phenomenon has moved beyond the realm of a theory and is a fundamental truth?

I have already provided for you a link to a site which explains a laboratory study that confirms that Matthew Manning and Uri Geller have (or at least had) genuine telekinetic ability.

I see that you wish to go further down the rabbit hole.

You are NOT going to like my answers to these questions as they do not fit within the scientific paradigm.

So let's take it slow...

Souls, which predate the flesh and outlast it, consist of a form of energy. This energy returns to Spirit after death.

All Gifts of the Spirit, like Healing, Charisma, Telekinesis, etc., are given to us by people on the Other Side, i.e., discarnates. When you have many discarnates -- like thousands -- that combine their energy into a Group Entity (which happens all the time), they have the collective energy to manifest healings, telekinesis, etc. You don't have to be highly evolved to be in a Group Entity.

As a general rule, most people when they cross over join a Group Entity. It gives them a sense of family, shared culture, telepathic unity, and collective energy. Common spirits or subangels and basically spiritual discarnates or angels, generally prefer to be part of a GE. These are the source of the "cities of light" that near death experiencers talk about when they are temporarily in the Spirit.

I do not have a Gift of Telekinesis. My Gift is Discernment and it does not come from a Group Entity but from various individualistic, discarnate Saints who seek to become a Light onto Oneself.

With a certain degree of experience in discernment, one can fairly accurately measure the size of a Group Entity by the degree of energy that they have at their disposal. GE's with thousands of members can manifest the bending of a utensil, the teleportation or levitation of small objects, a certain unusual degree of healing energy (beyond that of Reiki and Seikem practitioners), etc.

David Blaine and Criss Angel both have GE's that work through them and around them, which grant the Gift of Telekinesis. Both of those GE's have thousands of members in them. Blaine and Angel were both fakirs in a former life in India, which is why they have a unique talent to control their bodies.

GE's can even create matter to a small degree, like when David Blaine turned a cup of coffee into a cup of coins for a street person on the sidewalk of a city. Or when Criss Angel turned a glass of water into a glass of beer at a restaurant. Both manifestations were done literally inches away from onlookers and the cup and glass never left their respective hands.

It is rare but not unheard of for a Group Entity to have millions of members in it. When that happens, their prophet has the ability to create matter to a larger extent than the telekinetics mentioned above. Jesus of Nazareth (AKA Issa) had millions of members in his GE, which is why the legend of his miracles of healing and manifestation are still widely known today. Like changing water to wine, creating bread, performing very impressive healings to people one at a time, etc.

Decades ago, Sai Baba of India had a GE that was in the ballpark of being as powerful as that of the prophet Issa. In recent years former devotees have come out to claim that Sai Baba is a sexual predator of young men and boys at his ashram. It is therefore no surprise that his Gifts have lessened through the years because of his misuse of them.

One of the difficulties in doing research into telekinesis is that the GE that provides the Gift may have other ideas as to what do do with their energies. So it isn't just a matter of getting the telekinetic or prophet to cooperate. His or her GE must also be willing to go along with being tested in a laboratory. Sai Baba for example, has never allowed himself to be tested, but his miracles have rivaled that of Issa.

Just to give you some examples of Sai Baba's former Gift of Telekinesis:

He was well-known to occasionally walk up to a person and ask him or her who they worship. Depending on the response, Baba would wave his hand in the air and manifest an article of appropriate religious jewelry to match the deity mentioned. I remember the specific case of the man who was given a ring by Sai Baba. He put it on and noticed that it didn't fit correctly. Sai Baba then touched the man's ring -- while he was wearing it -- and it automatically resized.

Another documented incident was when Sai Baba announced to his entire staff at his ashram that everyone was going for a walk -- including his chef. When they came back, the previously empty cafeteria-style trays in the kitchen were now filled with steaming hot food.

Then there was also the case of the bowl of sweets or rice that was passed around an audience of hundreds -- possibly even thousands -- at his ashram. Each member of the audience would take a handful in the process. Many remarked that the bowl would not empty.

I saw people that went to Sai Baba's ashram. I remember a seminar that was conducted by a woman who went there. She came back with this glazed look over her face because she was so astounded by the miracles she had witnessed. Sai Baba used to be referred to as the Christ of India but no more. His mystique, as well has his Gifts, have lessened due to his abuse to innocents. His GE has gone through many members and is not as powerful or as large as it once was.

The wheels of karma may grind slowly, but they do move.

[edit on 29-7-2005 by Paul_Richard]

posted on Jul, 29 2005 @ 04:19 PM
link   

Emotion is energy, not just chemical composition. The chemical composition component of emotion is only the basest facet of it in the body. Laboratory equipment cannot measure the energy of emotion, only analyze the chemical components that surround it that are in the flesh.

Im sorry, but how exactly is it that you know there is an energy component with emotion? What is this energy? Define it. Because it seems like you are using arguments that have no testability at all. In which case, how am i even supposed to debate that. I mean, you believe in a soul, in a spirit and i do not. You say all of us have souls, but prove it. Thats like me saying, " I have an invisible friend right next to me."

'Well prove it'.

"Oh i can't, but trust me, he's there."

'Ohhhh, okay. I believe you now.'

I have already provided for you a link to a site which explains a laboratory study that confirms that Matthew Manning and Uri Geller have (or at least had) genuine telekinetic ability.

I see that you wish to go further down the rabbit hole.

All these experiments did was demonstrate a 'possibility' of this 'telekinetic' power, which i have no doubt is simple trickery. They DID NOT PROVE it. You see, i have been involved in magic for over ten years now, and you would be amazed at some of the tricks i can do. There is this one that i always do when im putting on a show for my friends, in which i ask an unsuspecting member of the audience to remove a coin from their wallet hand it to me and i make it spin and levitate in the air in front of them. All the while, i make a loop with my fingers and show them by passing through it from all angles, there is no string. The trick ends with me making the coin levitate into my pocket and then i hand it to them and let them inspect it. Now, this trick is relatively simple. All it is, is some invisible string called magic string, with one end attached to the back of my ear by tape and the other end attached to transparent sticky putty hidden under my nail. When i grab the coin, the putty is on it and i simply do my thing and make it look as amazing as i can. You wouldn’t believe the responses i get. People actually walk away thinking i have powers and im sure that they tell that story to their friends and family and by now, im sure that story has evolved and manifested into this huge telekinetic experience. The point is, illusions can be unbelievably convincing, and people tend to make themselves believe something. Look at the David Blaine DVD, you will see that it is trickery and clever video editing.

Also, you have said that i am close minded, but if that were true, i would not have followed the link you gave me and read all about that Uri Geller fellow. I have to admit, a lot of it was fascinating, and i have no idea how some of it was done. But does that mean that this unequivocally demonstrates telekinesis. No. Absolutely not. More conclusive tests need to be conducted. And in fact, I did happen to read the article on the site where scientists wanted to test his ‘powers’ but Uri was ‘unwilling’ to undergo their X-Ray, which would have detected any electronic devices. Now, why would Uri do that? What did he have to hide? It just seems that if you had these gifts and wanted people to believe in them, you would capitulate to any tests the scientific community needed to run to support your claims. In this case, Uri did not and I find that very peculiar.

posted on Jul, 29 2005 @ 05:19 PM
link   
it's a camera trick. if you notice when the camera as you say 'zooms in on his feet' and it shows his feet leaving the ground completly...oh but wait we can't see his upper legs or torso...hmmmm. if it showed his whole body i might question it, but as it is just camera trickery i don't.

posted on Jul, 29 2005 @ 08:13 PM
link   
The camera trick explanation doesn't account for eyewitness testimonies, like the person in this very thread who saw David Blaine LIVE and stated that both of Blaine's feet did indeed leave the ground during the levitation.

To James & All Interested,

As a footnote to my previous post which mentions Sai Baba, another thing occurred to me. He used to be very cautious with cameras and video equipment to make sure that unflattering photos were not taken. That in itself is not unusual. But it was common knowledge that those who took a picture of him without his permission oftentimes found that their film was overexposed and no unauthorized photos of Sai Baba could be developed.

posted on Jul, 29 2005 @ 08:49 PM
link   

Im sorry, but how exactly is it that you know there is an energy component with emotion? What is this energy? Define it.

You mean give you something that you can measure with laboratory instrumentation? Just because it cannot be measured with lab equipment does not mean that it does not exist. Once again we go back to the emotions are real argument even though they cannot be directly measured in a lab.

One knows that there is an energy component with emotion because one can feel it directly. Channeling or mediumship is a form of telepathy and part of that telepathy is the ability to feel emotion conveyed without physical communication.

Because it seems like you are using arguments that have no testability at all. In which case, how am i even supposed to debate that. I mean, you believe in a soul, in a spirit and i do not. You say all of us have souls, but prove it. Thats like me saying, " I have an invisible friend right next to me."

You are now on metaphysical ground that transcends science. In which case, proof is derived through direct experience, NOT through traditional scientific testing. Well, that's not completely true. There was that successful testing of Uri Geller and Matthew Manning under strict laboratory conditions that I mentioned earlier which provides evidence that telekinesis exists.

All these experiments did was demonstrate a 'possibility' of this 'telekinetic' power, which i have no doubt is simple trickery. They DID NOT PROVE it.

That conclusion is open to interpretation. Given that the conditions of the tests were strict and scientific, how would you have proceeded differently?

I have to also point out that the credibility of the scientists who conducted those objective experiments is greater than yours. You are making blind conclusions without any tests or experience on the subject whatsoever.

You see, i have been involved in magic for over ten years now, and you would be amazed at some of the tricks i can do. There is this one that i always do when im putting on a show for my friends, in which i ask an unsuspecting member of the audience to remove a coin from their wallet hand it to me and i make it spin and levitate in the air in front of them. All the while, i make a loop with my fingers and show them by passing through it from all angles, there is no string. The trick ends with me making the coin levitate into my pocket and then i hand it to them and let them inspect it. Now, this trick is relatively simple. All it is, is some invisible string called magic string, with one end attached to the back of my ear by tape and the other end attached to transparent sticky putty hidden under my nail. When i grab the coin, the putty is on it and i simply do my thing and make it look as amazing as i can. You wouldn’t believe the responses i get. People actually walk away thinking i have powers...

What you did was magic, sleight-of-hand or stage illusion, not magick or telekinesis. You would have a hard time convincing me in-person if you did not have a telekinetic Gift. There are some telltale signs that one cannot measure with physical equipment. Knowing this comes through experience.

Want to prove your point?

Make your own version of Street Magic that is filmed on city sidewalks and in restaurants, and duplicate all the "tricks" that people like David Blaine and Criss Angel do. Then show us the video. Many who have seen Blaine and/or Angel LIVE would be happy to evaluate the credibility of the illusions you present. If you can't convince bystanders that are only a few feet away from you that you have levitated, that you can teleport playing cards, that you can change water into beer, that you can change coffee into coins, then you won't convince any of us either!

Also, you have said that i am close minded, but if that were true, i would not have followed the link you gave me and read all about that Uri Geller fellow.

The argument could also be furthered that despite the scientific tests explained on that site, that you only conclude that telekinesis is only a possibility -- while the scientists that conducted the tests are more convinced of that those two men had genuine telekinetic ability.

What kind of evidence are you looking for?

You cannot measure telekinetic energy directly in a laboratory. Many have tried. The only way you can understand it is through direct experience and anecdotal evidence.

I have to admit, a lot of it was fascinating, and i have no idea how some of it was done. But does that mean that this unequivocally demonstrates telekinesis. No. Absolutely not. More conclusive tests need to be conducted.

Then conduct them.

And in fact, I did happen to read the article on the site where scientists wanted to test his ‘powers’ but Uri was ‘unwilling’ to undergo their X-Ray, which would have detected any electronic devices. Now, why would Uri do that? What did he have to hide? It just seems that if you had these gifts and wanted people to believe in them, you would capitulate to any tests the scientific community needed to run to support your claims. In this case, Uri did not and I find that very peculiar.

Uri Geller is a well-known telekinetic from the 1970's. They even had situations whereby people would play a video of him and their utensils would bend and watches would alter. There was an abundance of evidence about his telekinesis even when he was not physically around, which was freaky. Try doing THAT with your own "magic video."

Another problem with research into telekinesis is that it cannot be turned on and off at will. Sometimes the energy is there and sometimes it is not.

For example...

I had the opportunity to see the mentalist known as The Amazing Kreskin onstage in the early 1990s. One of the things that he did was to collect some thick college rings from the members of the audience. My party also contributed one or more of those thick rings. He then put them on a ringsizer and said, "Sometimes this works and sometimes this doesn't." (This statement being a telltale sign that he is not the source of the manifestation.) He did a few twists and the rings were all linked together. He then passed them around the audience to prove that the rings were in fact the same rings given to him. After which, he put them back on the ringsizer, did a few more twists, and they were all back to their original form and unlinked. He then gave the rings back.

The energy of telekinesis is not always there because the energy does not stem from the human body, but from a Group Entity on the Other Side. Oftentimes, the telekinetic or prophet is prompted to know when the time is right to do a particular manifestation. David Blaine even alluded to the idea that the energy helps him through it. When that energy isn't there, telekinetics know it and don't pursue their manifestations.

posted on Jul, 30 2005 @ 04:01 AM
link   

The camera trick explanation doesn't account for eyewitness testimonies, like the person in this very thread who saw David Blaine LIVE and stated that both of Blaine's feet did indeed leave the ground during the levitation.

now that people have seen him do it live and we have people that say he's doing it...that must just be irrefutable evidence. wrong.

david copperfield used to do all sorts of illusions in his live act, one time he was flying around on stage...which i doubt he never 'really' was. one time a saw cut him in half and they seperated his legs from his upper body...and again i really doubt he was cut in half. he walked through the great wall of china infront of cameras and people...again it doesn't mean he 'really' did.

the same goes for david blaine...he's an illusionist.

magic: 'the art of producing illusions by sleight of hand'.

illusion: 'a misleading image presented to the vision. something that deceives or misleads intellectually. perception of something objectively existing in such a way as to cause misinterpretation of its actual nature'.

so magic is basically the practice of deception, making you 'believe' what the magician wants you to believe, hence a 'misinterpretation' of david blaine's levitation illusion.

posted on Jul, 30 2005 @ 10:13 AM
link   

Originally posted by shaunybaby
david copperfield used to do all sorts of illusions in his live act, one time he was flying around on stage...which i doubt he never 'really' was. one time a saw cut him in half and they seperated his legs from his upper body...and again i really doubt he was cut in half. he walked through the great wall of china infront of cameras and people...again it doesn't mean he 'really' did.

The key difference there is in the phrase "on stage."

It is a totally different scenario when you perform the kinds of feats that Criss Angel and David Blaine perform when you are doing it impromptu in restaurants, bars, on city sidewalks and in residential areas -- without the benefit of all the clever mirroring, hidden compartments, fancy mechanical devices, and upscale electronic gadgetry available in expensive stage productions.

David Copperfield is indeed an illusionist. I have found no evidence that he is a telekinetic like David Blaine, Uri Geller, Sai Baba, Matthew Manning and Criss Angel.

[edit on 30-7-2005 by Paul_Richard]

posted on Jul, 30 2005 @ 02:07 PM
link   

The key difference there is in the phrase "on stage."

It is a totally different scenario when you perform the kinds of feats that Criss Angel and David Blaine perform when you are doing it impromptu in restaurants, bars, on city sidewalks and in residential areas -- without the benefit of all the clever mirroring, hidden compartments, fancy mechanical devices, and upscale electronic gadgetry available in expensive stage productions.

David Copperfield is indeed an illusionist. I have found no evidence that he is a telekinetic like David Blaine, Uri Geller, Sai Baba, Matthew Manning and Criss Angel.

a stage is wherever a magician does his tricks. david copperfield wasn't on an actual stage when he made the statue of liberty dissapear or walk through the great wall of china. like i said on david blaine's tv program when he did his levitation trick they showed only his feet coming off the ground and never included a shot of him completly.

scenario 1: camera pans and zooms to david's feet. camera then shows feet lifting of the ground. camera shot of people's expressions... and from this is irrefutable evidence that david blaine can levitate?? i thought the motto was deny ignorance??

the camera zooms to his feet so you are unable to see the rest of his body. the magician in any trick always wants you to see certain things and not see other things. wake up.

posted on Jul, 30 2005 @ 05:58 PM
link   

One knows that there is an energy component with emotion because one can feel it directly. Channeling or mediumship is a form of telepathy and part of that telepathy is the ability to feel emotion conveyed without physical communication.

So, even though you cant prove that this energy exists, you are saying it does because you have felt it. And why exactly do you expect me to believe that?

That conclusion is open to interpretation. Given that the conditions of the tests were strict and scientific, how would you have proceeded differently?

Well, for starters, I would have made Uri undergo that X-Ray to determine if he was carrying an electronic device. But wait a moment! They did try that, and Uri refused didnt he.

Make your own version of Street Magic that is filmed on city sidewalks and in restaurants, and duplicate all the "tricks" that people like David Blaine and Criss Angel do. Then show us the video. Many who have seen Blaine and/or Angel LIVE would be happy to evaluate the credibility of the illusions you present. If you can't convince bystanders that are only a few feet away from you that you have levitated, that you can teleport playing cards, that you can change water into beer, that you can change coffee into coins, then you won't convince any of us either!

Okay, im going to settle this entire streat magic argument once and for all. David Blaine possesses as much telekinetic power as a can of paint. There is a book of his where he reveals these tricks and tells you how do to them. THe levitation trick is an old magic trick that involves a mechanical device called an 'elevator' or another method called 'king rising' levitation. Here is a link to a street magic illusionist who shows you how to do many of David Blaines illusions, including the levitation. www.ellusionist.com...
If you watch the video, he does the same levitation trick and if you buy the video, he shows you how to do it. Also, once again, i dont know how many times i have to say this, if you watch the David Blaine DVD which you say you have, you will see that there is a trick in the editing.

And the teleporting playing cards, you can buy that trick off of the internet as well. Look up 'card behind a window' trick. Im telling you, as a magician myself, these are simply tricks and its amazing what people choose to believe when they see them.

posted on Jul, 30 2005 @ 07:10 PM
link   

a stage is wherever a magician does his tricks. david copperfield wasn't on an actual stage when he made the statue of liberty disappear or walk through the great wall of china.

Give us a break. You know full well that they were tricks that were done with high-tech equipment. The disappearance of the Statue of Liberty for example, was done with a large platform that rotated the audience and provided the illusion of it vanishing.

like i said on david blaine's tv program when he did his levitation trick they showed only his feet coming off the ground and never included a shot of him completly.

scenario 1: camera pans and zooms to david's feet. camera then shows feet lifting of the ground. camera shot of people's expressions... and from this is irrefutable evidence that david blaine can levitate?? i thought the motto was deny ignorance??

the camera zooms to his feet so you are unable to see the rest of his body. the magician in any trick always wants you to see certain things and not see other things. wake up.

You do know what empirical evidence is, right?

The poster that saw David Blaine levitate LIVE with both his feet off the ground is an example of empirical evidence. Camera tricks are irrelevant to eyewitness testimony from only a few feet away.

Get your head out of the sand, reject your bias, and do some objective research on the subject.

posted on Jul, 30 2005 @ 07:32 PM
link   

So, even though you cant prove that this energy exists, you are saying it does because you have felt it. And why exactly do you expect me to believe that?

I expect you to follow your prejudice until you are forced to embrace an alternative stance.

Well, for starters, I would have made Uri undergo that X-Ray to determine if he was carrying an electronic device. But wait a moment! They did try that, and Uri refused didnt he.

Are you implying that Geller is some super genius who could come up with a miniature electronic device that can make utensils bend hundreds, even thousands of miles away when he was performing on LIVE television?

I guess you need to read more about Uri Geller's story. Him rejecting one experiment does not discount many instances when his telekinesis was witnessed by hundreds of people, many of which were not even in his presence at the time.

There are other telekinetics that are currently more powerful than Uri Geller. Namely, David Blaine and Criss Angel. Get them in a laboratory for some testing. That would be a more fruitful research project for you.

Okay, im going to settle this entire streat magic argument once and for all. David Blaine possesses as much telekinetic power as a can of paint. There is a book of his where he reveals these tricks and tells you how do to them. THe levitation trick is an old magic trick that involves a mechanical device called an 'elevator' or another method called 'king rising' levitation. Here is a link to a street magic illusionist who shows you how to do many of David Blaines illusions, including the levitation. www.ellusionist.com...
If you watch the video, he does the same levitation trick and if you buy the video, he shows you how to do it. Also, once again, i dont know how many times i have to say this, if you watch the David Blaine DVD which you say you have, you will see that there is a trick in the editing.

The camera angles and tricks of photography are irrelevant to the empirical evidence of the onlookers and their genuine reactions from only a few feet away.

If it were all that easy, then there would be hundreds of people making Street Magic videos, not a youthful illusionist, the tricks of which no veteran magician decades older can duplicate. Rumor has it that the reason why Blaine got the financial backing for Street Magic in the first place is because he freaked out a big time television producer in his high rise office with his levitation. Again, where are all the much older and more experienced magicians out there in producing their own version of Street Magic?

Including the webmaster of the site you posted?

And the teleporting playing cards, you can buy that trick off of the internet as well. Look up 'card behind a window' trick. Im telling you, as a magician myself, these are simply tricks and its amazing what people choose to believe when they see them.

Be sure to add that trick to your own Street Magic video.

posted on Jul, 30 2005 @ 09:54 PM
link   

The camera angles and tricks of photography are irrelevant to the empirical evidence of the onlookers and their genuine reactions from only a few feet away.

Did you actually go to that link i sent you on my last post. The one where the guy levitated in the air a good half a foot. THe reactions he got were just as genuine. That isnt the point at all though. The point IS, it is a trick. A very clever mechanical device, such as an elevator device that i mentioned earlier. It gives the illusion that someone can actually levitate. SO, that person in the previous posts who said he saw Blaine 'levitate' is telling the truth. THe illusion makes him look like he is levitating, thats why its such an effective device. Thats why any human being on this planet can learn HOW to do it. THat doesnt mean that they CAN do it, which leads me to my next point.

If it were all that easy, then there would be hundreds of people making Street Magic videos, not a youthful illusionist, the tricks of which no veteran magician decades older can duplicate.

Including the webmaster of the site you posted?

Knowing HOW to do something and actually DOING it are doing different things. Theory and appliction; two completely seperate entities. Just because a golf instructor knows the correct swing path doesn't make him TIger Woods. Magic and illusions of this kind are extremely difficult to master and take a lot of practice, just as mastering that perfect million dollar golf swing.

posted on Jul, 31 2005 @ 02:25 AM
link   
I just watched the Chris Angel tv special, where he levitates at least ten times, sometimes 6 feet in the air........ and I saw Copperfield do it in person. It is no mechanical device that I have ever heard a hint of. I could not care less who believes what, just what I believe. I feel that Blaine, Copperfield, and Angel are able to tap into and harness a force, not too unlike gravity, magnetism, and electricity. This invisible force, just like those three, is just very unknown. Maybe someday we all will know it. It is all about the belief, according to Chris Angel. I believe. If others do not, I have no problem with that. We all have our own lives to lead, choices to make, and internal issues to overcome. No one can control someone else, its hard enough controlling ourselves. I tend to believe my eyes and trust the judgement of other witnesses as being just as observant as myself, so if they say they saw it, I trust them. I saw it... many, many times. Peace

posted on Jul, 31 2005 @ 04:40 AM
link   

The poster that saw David Blaine levitate LIVE with both his feet off the ground is an example of empirical evidence. Camera tricks are irrelevant to eyewitness testimony from only a few feet away.

Get your head out of the sand, reject your bias, and do some objective research on the subject.

oh...sorry...i guess if someone saw it live it must be true
obviously eye-witnesses aren't blind, but it's not necessarily that they are on purpose lying, but that they have been tricked by david blaine and others. if david blaine was really levitating then why only show his feet? why not show his whole body? this is classic illusionist-esque, when there is something obscurred from the viewer. there might be 3 people standing near him, yet there are probably a few million at home that would like to see his whole body levitate and not some shot of some feet on a street, hence we don't even know they're david blaine's feet.

there is actually a trick you can do that makes it look like you're about 6 inches off the ground. a magician showed me how to do it. the audience needs to be standing and about the same distance as the david blaine audience stands and watches. you have to be at a slight angle to the audience. with the leg that is furthest from view you rise on to the toes, which lifts the foot that is closest to view, wearing longish trousers this looks like you're levitating...i even fooled a few people doing it myself. this wouldn't work on tv cameras unless the cameras are looking from the view of the live eye witnesses, which is why we get a shot of both his feet floating in the air, without seeing his body.

i believe that is they way it looks to the audience watchin it live and that is how he is doing it, however when we see the shot of his feet on tv, both lifting up, i believe this is an 'after-shot', hence it is done later with strings and so on.

posted on Jul, 31 2005 @ 04:55 AM
link   
Well then Copperfield has some really long toes, cuz I saw him fly around the inside of a hockey arena with a few thousand other people. And Chris Angel lifts a good six feet off the ground more than once in plain view of numerous bystanders in Las Vegas. And these bystanders are on every side of him, watching from all angles. Thats quite a trick.

posted on Jul, 31 2005 @ 07:33 AM
link   
James,

So what you are saying then is that many know about how to do David Blaine's levitation but simply can't because they are not skilled enough -- even those veteran magicians that are decades older than he is. Then I guess none of them can come out with a Street Magic video that is as convincing because they just don't have what it takes. But the "what it takes" is still up for grabs precisely because no one else has done anything close in recent years on city sidewalks. Except Criss Angel of course.

[edit on 31-7-2005 by Paul_Richard]

<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join