It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Speculation: Jesus' DNA

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 20 2005 @ 02:22 PM
link   
There is a lot of talk around about objects of antiquity that may or may not have come in contact with the blood of christ.

What I wonder is if ever one many of these objects were ever uncovered, and it indeed carried the sample of the blood of christ, what would be the result of a reading of the DNA of Jesus?

Half human, half God, right?

So what would the DNA structure be like? Would it be more complex, carrying more instructions, or would it be simpler, creating a stronger, more adaptable organism?

[edit on 20-5-2005 by DeltaChaos]

posted on May, 20 2005 @ 07:42 PM
link   
i dont think the DNA would be much diferent then normal human DNA, although what ive wonderd is if they would try to clone him if they ever found some of his DNA, or somebody who knew him's DNA

posted on May, 20 2005 @ 09:46 PM
link   
This question was obliquely addresed earlier in a thread currently posted to BTS, but the scenario is intregueing on so many levels!

The possibilities: All Human; Not Human; Part Human; and even, Not Recognizeable as DNA!

Each of these possibilities carry implications that would be truely shattering to human society as we know it. (Now there's a basis for a conspiracy-generating cloak of secrecy if ever there was one!)

Consider the following scenario; A massive earthquake, or volcanic eruption lays open the vaults beneath the Vatican wherein are stored the True Acknowledged Relics of The Saviour (the TAROTS). One or more of these TAROTS is "liberated" by person or persons of dubious character who seeks to auction it off as a "found" objet d'art.

The Church would be pressed to retrieve the object; could they risk revealing it's true value? Would revealing the true nature of the object give rise to popular demand that it be subject to scientific inquiry? Could they make a case for siezure without proving its authenticity. If they try to bluff, deny it's of any great value, they risk losing a cherished relic. If they steal it back, the relic becomes the touchstone of conspiracies such as are the bread and butter of sites like this...and the tabloids! The same thing happens if the Church, seeking to regain its precioussss, aggressively out-bids all comers: "Why is THIS piece of bloody cloth so valuable to an institution facing hundreds of millions of dollars in repairs to its HQ?" the public will ask. Could it really be?......

We'll test it! And the answer is:

Just Human. So much for God made Flesh, many will cry. Jesus was just another Joe. Mary's baby, Joseph's, maybe. For this we don't eat meat on Friday?1.1 billion people suddenly have the catechismic rug pulled out from under them. Some fall, nihilism rises and with it the threat of a angry, disillusioned mob fresh with a "If this is all there is, I'm getting mine!" attitude toward the rest of the world. Some stumble, but recover to new dogmas, faiths. and some of course will simply ride the wave, accepting that it is not so important what the man was but what he taught.

Not Human. This would rock the entire society. Not just Catholics, not just Christians, not even just the religious, but the Whole Freaking World! Proof that ET's exist! We are NOT alone in the Universe. What's more, that there is at least one alien species Out There that believes in PEACE and unconditional LOVE. They can even look like humans! With a civilization and technology at least two thousand years more advanced than ours!

This event might well be refered to as "The Second Coming of the Christ" even if we didn't clone him, just based on the impact and effect it would have on human culture.

Part Human. At first, the reaction would be the same as with Not Human. But then the fears would rise. The questions would start to erode the Good News: Aliens inter-breeding with humans; Why? Do THEY have some Hidden Agenda? Oh, sure, this Jesus dude was OK; peace, love and all that. But what about his daddy? Why didn't daddy stick around? Was this Annunciation actually a cover for an abduction/rape?

It is possible that the distrust would nurture humanity's fear of the unknown and breed a planet of xenophobes. "Watch the Skies! They're Out There!"

Not Recognizeable as DNA. This would be the most intellectually intreguing outcome. If the test came back with results that indicate a substance that is not recognizeable as any kind of DNA, but not identifiable as any other known compound, either, then just What was this Jesus? Certainly some would merely dismiss the test as inconclusive and probably not even an "authentic relic" at all. Others, however would ask the more intesting questions: If this really was the "blood" of christ, as the Church claims, and yet this sample contains nothing that we can correlate to any type of DNA, then is it possible that life, sentient life, possibly more advanced than we are ourselves, can exist without DNA? Perhaps the definition of "life-form" needs to be expanded?

posted on May, 22 2005 @ 07:18 PM
link   
Excellent post there. Indeed, any four of the results would be an exciting time for human society. But alas, we do not know of any place of Jesus's blood or where it can be found. I'd better put on my Indiana Jones hat...
Of course there's always Godly DNA, in which the DNA is recognizable but different in some divine way...who knows?

posted on May, 22 2005 @ 07:45 PM
link   
i think:

that His DNA would be just like ours...

He was "godly" because He was a VERY spiritual person...

and He was the "son of God"...

so...

is the popes' DNA any different than ours???

no...

they are just very spiritual people...

good thread BTW...

posted on May, 22 2005 @ 07:52 PM
link   
I agree, I think he was just a normal human. He was a good person tohugh and his teaching are still good and will be even enhanced if the stuff that doesn't make sense is gone but the meaning is still there.

posted on May, 23 2005 @ 12:16 AM
link   
I think he was a human. Maybe not a normal human. Probably a very extraordinary human. It happens every once in a while.

I really think that Jesus was a revolutionary. He was the Che Guevarra to the Romans, and the Jews' Thomas Jefferson.

I think he had a lot of knowledge and also a lot of experience with the system under which he was raised. He saw the hypocrisy and corruption, and fought for what was right, in addition to his common sense approach to living with and loving each other as a means of existence.

posted on May, 23 2005 @ 01:11 AM
link   
1.There's no proof that JC ever lived and nobody even nows where or
when he was born
2.Blood sample of JC?No problem,i.e. available at Bruges (Belgium) where
everybody can have a look at in "The Holy Blood Chapel", to adore it
and make some gifts.
Baloria

posted on May, 23 2005 @ 01:33 AM
link   
Quote: "Half Human, Half God - right?"

Not Necessarily! Perhaps FULLY HUMAN - but from 2000 years ago!

Quote: "So what would the DNA structure be like?"

Why just stop at Jesus? What would happen if you analyzed the DNA of ANY if the Enlightened Spiritual Masters from History? There was more than Just One you Know! What if you Analyzed the Dali Lama's DNA Today - What would you find?

We are STILL EVOLVING as a Species & we ALL have a Connection to the Universal! I suggest you look into the Concepts of "Christ Consciousness" - "Buddha Nature" & "Universal Mind"!

posted on May, 23 2005 @ 11:11 AM
link   
There are eucharistic miracles all over the planet.
Lanciano Italy is the most famous. It's still there
and a DNA sample would be easily taken. It has
been tested once before, and it came back as
human heart tissue. I don't remember the blood
type. I'll have to go google it all up and get back
to you on that.

posted on May, 23 2005 @ 11:18 AM
link   
Wouldnt that make his DNA an exact copy of his mothers? Since it was an "imaculate conception", there would be no paternal DNA doner. Kinda strange to think about.

However, if/when it did show X and Y chromosomes, could that be taken as proof that semen was supplied?! How else would He have X and Y chromosomes?! A woman, on her own, could not provide a Y, correct (Im hard to convince of the "imaculate conception" if you havent guessed.)? How would the church take that?!? My guess would be denial.

posted on May, 23 2005 @ 11:19 AM
link   
imagine if someone found his DNA then made another version of him - jurassic park style. would that make his creator god ????

posted on May, 23 2005 @ 12:27 PM
link   
Here are the test results from the Lanciano Italy Eucharistic Miracle -

The Host-turned-Flesh, and the Wine-turned-Blood, without the use
of any form of preservative, is still present in the reliquary. In 1574
testing was done on the Flesh and Blood and an unexplainable
phenomenon was discovered. The five pellets of coagulated Blood
are different sizes and shapes. But any combination weighs the
same as the total. In other words, 1 weighs the same as 2, 2
weigh the same as 3, and 3 weigh the same as 5.

The most recent, an extensive scientific research done in 1970, used the most modern scientific tools available. The results of the tests are as follows:

-The flesh is real flesh. The blood is real blood.
-The flesh consists of the muscular tissue of the heart (myocardium)
-The flesh and blood belong to the human species.
-The flesh and blood have the same blood type (AB).
-In the blood, there were found proteins in the same normal proportions as are found in the scro-proteic make up of fresh, normal blood.
-In the blood, there were also found these minerals: Chlorides, phosphorous, magnesium, potassium, sodium and calcium.
-The preservation of the flesh and of the blood, which were left in their
natural state for twelve centuries (without any chemical preservatives)
and exposed to the action of atmospheric and biological agents, remains
an extraordinary phenomenon.

Also during the test it was said of the heart tissue - in these studies,
of the nature of the flesh gives little support to the hypothesis of a
`fraud' perpetrated centuries ago. As a matter of fact supposing that
the heart may have been taken from a cadaver, I maintain that only a
hand experienced in anatomic dissection would have been able to
obtain from a hollow internal organ such a uniform cut (as can still be
glimpsed in the flesh)."

Another unusual characteristic of the blood is that when liquified, it has
retained the chemical properties of freshly shed blood. When we cut
ourselves and stain our clothes, the chemical properties of the blood are
gone within 20 minutes to a half hour. If blood is not refrigerated within
an hour maximum, the composition rapidly breaks down. If blood were
taken from a dead body, it would lose its qualities quickly through decay.
This blood is over 1250 years old and still contains all its properties,
chemicals and protein of freshly shed blood. And yet in the testing, it was
determined that no preservatives of any kind were found in the blood.

The Above Information is extracted from:

This Is My Body, This Is My Blood
Miracles of the Eucharist, by Bob and Penny Lord

posted on May, 23 2005 @ 02:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by DeltaChaos
would be the result of a reading of the DNA of Jesus?

No. Blood cells don't have DNA.

Half human, half God, right?

Could be anything at all. No results would be informative, since miracles can be invovked to explain anything about it.

But generally, DNA is what makes a thing that which it is. So if you cloned jesus's dna, for example, you'd have a normal human baby. Not a super-god or some such. Or if you inserted some of jesus's genes into an animal, you wouldn't have a god animal, you'd just have an animal with some part human DNA.

Of course, the thing is interesting. The writers of the bible didn't know about DNA, nor that you need a mother and a father's dna to mix to get a person. But jesus has no father, outside of god. And gods not a physical person, with DNA. But then again, jesus might not have dna, tho that doesn't make sense, since he seemed to be a human in other ways (blood, eats food, suffers, etc). But then if he has dna, is any part of it mary's? Did god make a 'miracle sperm' that materialized in her womb and fused with her ova? Or did god just 'make a zygote' and materialize it in her? Is jesus's DNA a theoretical match of what would be expected of his earthly father's dna would be when mixed with mary's? Or would it be something different, and if so, can that tell us anything about god and what he consideres perfect?

posted on Jun, 1 2005 @ 07:09 PM
link   

No. Blood cells don't have DNA.

Blood cells don't but blood samples do..they have white blood cells that contain DNA www.scientific.org...

posted on Jun, 1 2005 @ 07:14 PM
link   
Here's an interesting site about Jesus's bloodpinkoski.com...
This is about an archeologist that presumably found the ark of the covenant with Christ's blood on it..(the mercy seat). A very interesting read..and they tested the blood for DNA and it had 1/2 the number of genes a normal human has...implications?????

[edit on 6/1/2005 by mercury19]

posted on Jun, 1 2005 @ 10:58 PM
link   
Well for the record, Jesus was not half human half God, but fully human and fully God, according to the bible. Also, his name was not Jesus Christ but Yoshua Ben Yosef. The Romans changed it to Jesus Christ because i think it means "the annointed one". Just tryin to stop the ignorance here.

posted on Jun, 1 2005 @ 11:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by mercury19
Here's an interesting site about Jesus's bloodpinkoski.com...
This is about an archeologist that presumably found the ark of the covenant with Christ's blood on it..(the mercy seat). A very interesting read..and they tested the blood for DNA and it had 1/2 the number of genes a normal human has...implications?????
Out of curiosity, and without reading the link. How did they know it was Jesus' DNA, did the code spell out YHWH, or JSS, or even Aten?

Maybe it was that long sought after reptilian code the illuminati and inner earth; outer galaxy alien crowd were after.

posted on Jun, 1 2005 @ 11:16 PM
link   
Jesus was a great man but he was made of the same blood as you and I(to the right-wing christians: i'm not being blasphemous, just saying that god made him to be human for a reason
). His DNA wouldnt be any different imo.

posted on Jun, 2 2005 @ 08:16 AM
link   
How did they know it was Jesus' DNA, did the code spell out YHWH, or JSS, or even Aten?

Well ya kinda gotta go read it but this man was excavating around Jerusalem and thinks he found where Christ was crucified...and the blood apparently seeped down through the ground to where the ark of the covenant was buried..(He discovered the ark..no not noahs ark) So apparently it has to do with the practices of the Jews where they sprinkle blood on the altar for the forgiveness of sins... So in affect, his blood that was shed actually did atone once and for all for our sins so we can be forgiven (if you believe that) Which I do...

So the person taking the sample assumes it's Christ's blood..very interesting..even if you don't believe in Christ...it turns out that it is blood..with 1/2 the amount of chromasomes

[edit on 6/2/2005 by mercury19]

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join