It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Meteor!!!!!

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 24 2005 @ 10:58 AM
link   

posted on May, 24 2005 @ 11:05 AM
link   

Originally posted by Plumbo

What in God's name???

posted on May, 24 2005 @ 11:10 AM
link   
What, don't you like my robot?

posted on May, 24 2005 @ 11:13 AM
link   
Whats is it there for? I mean popups are related to meteors but robots?!?

posted on May, 24 2005 @ 11:18 AM
link   
It's just a customized way of saying I'm waiting, instead of using a clip smiley.

posted on May, 24 2005 @ 11:24 AM
link   
I completely understand.
*looks out window* "Oh my God is that the meteor???" *Runs for cover*

posted on May, 24 2005 @ 11:26 AM
link   

Originally posted by Atomix
I completely understand.
*looks out window* "Oh my God is that the meteor???" *Runs for cover*

Yeah, and then a tektite globule comes down and melts over his head, and then he says, "Eureka!!! Now I know where tektites comes from!!!"

posted on May, 24 2005 @ 11:31 AM
link   
Is that robot from McDonald's? It looks like it's got the golden arches...

posted on May, 24 2005 @ 11:33 AM
link   
Yup.

I worked on their e-learning module.

posted on May, 24 2005 @ 05:57 PM
link   
Off topic, I know......

Plumbo, won't they get you for copyright infringe.......'work for hire' and all that.....what you do while on their tab, belongs to them, no?

posted on May, 24 2005 @ 06:50 PM
link   
Whatever.......

Let's get back on topic...kay?

So far, no one has tried to explain away my theory on the origin of tektites.
Care to give it a whirl?

posted on May, 24 2005 @ 07:18 PM
link   

Let's get back on topic...kay?

I never though I'd say this, but you're right.

I remind you all, however, that this thread is NOT about tekktites. The original post is this:

a while ago, i saw on the news that a meteor was going to hit the earth in 2019! im not very good at knowing or remembering stuff, but i think it said that even when it goes through the earths atmosphere, it will still be a MILE long! that means if it hits the earth, a giant dust cloud will choke everyone and if it hits the water, a huge tsunami will wipe everything out! please tell me if you know anything more or if you have any views

If you want to discuss glass in the atmosphere, I'm sure plumbo will be glad to - just do it elsewhere.

posted on May, 25 2005 @ 03:10 PM
link   
hes exactly right! and i havent been on this thread in a while, but plumbo- you really wasted a whole page on ur stupid pics and tekklites! so has there been any new news about the meteor?

posted on May, 25 2005 @ 03:29 PM
link   
About the original post.

Often, a space rock is discovered, and it's trajectory is plotted using just a few samples of data. Same thing with comets..It takes quite a few good
measurements, to figure out the direction and velocity of these. Most are on an orbit, that differs quite a bit from your standard planet..very elongated orbit, or orbits that are not in the same general plane as the other planets.
Once more observations are made, the orbital information is refined.
And Viola, a near miss, turns into a many millions of miles miss.

Then, there are the ones we don't notice.
Those are the ones that DO drive evolution..
Ask any Dinosaur, if you can find one..

posted on May, 25 2005 @ 03:38 PM
link   
well, you seem to know a lot about meteors and space so im not going to argue with you!
one thing i will say is: what if theyre not wrong? i think i saw it on the news in 2002 or around that time, and if it was on a not normal orbit, wouldnt they know by now???????? and if they found out, they would surely tell us about it

posted on May, 25 2005 @ 03:42 PM
link   
You know...If a space rock is headed DIRECTLY for you, it's hard to see,
and it's hard to calculate it's motion..
You know what I mean?

posted on May, 25 2005 @ 03:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by Paranoid Pain
but plumbo- you really wasted a whole page on ur stupid pics and tekklites!

Yes, let's call it a wasted effort.
Let's all forget about tektites.
Let's just pretend that we live in a happy non-threatening place called the endless universe.

The only denial I see here is the one on reality, not ignorance.

Shame.

posted on May, 25 2005 @ 06:03 PM
link   
Asteroids usually have really absurd orbits, due in part to the very nature of asteroids - random pieces of rock thrown out from other rocks hitting rocks. The latest asteroid was technically two asteroids rotating each other in a cycle that repeated every five days or so. Very weird, and hard to predict how it will act in any situation.

Also, don't forget the scale. Space=big. 3 miles is huge by asteroid size, but infinitesimal compared to space. We also run away (read: orbit the Sun) really fast.

Dae

posted on May, 26 2005 @ 03:34 AM
link   

Whatever.......
So far, no one has tried to explain away my theory on the origin of tektites.
Care to give it a whirl?

Hiya Plumbo

I decided to google tektites. Amazing! Your theory certainly helps explain their existence. Tektites page. The author of the site says this:

Editorial note:
We invite researchers and interested parties to send articles, papers, and questions to The Meteorite Exchange and this discussion can continue. We have no agenda except to learn, we have no government job at stake if we voice an unpopular theory, and we have nothing to gain by preventing the publication of anyone's material. So if you want to let us and the world know your insights on tektites contact us.

Think about contacting that guy and sharing your ideas? If you do, let me know how it goes.

[edit on 26/5/05 by Dae]

posted on May, 26 2005 @ 08:57 AM
link   

Originally posted by Dae
Think about contacting that guy and sharing your ideas? If you do, let me know how it goes.

Thanks, Dae.
I contacted him last week...so far havn't heard back.
It's funny how everyone is keeping silent about this.

p.s.
I also contacted Les Cowley of Atmospheric Optics and he was initally kind enough to respond however, he stopped emailing me. I think he got afraid. Truth 'll do that to ya.

[edit on 26-5-2005 by Plumbo]

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join