It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Who Is The Mysterious Piano Man?

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 20 2005 @ 04:45 PM
link   
Someone mentioned he was composing music. Do you mean using the symbols and composing as in writing the symbols down? Or did they mean just making up music at the piano? If he's composing music on paper, he should be able to write something down.

dh

posted on May, 20 2005 @ 05:43 PM
link   
dgtempe
I think this is an illusory figure, almost certainly a mind control person thrown into the public ring as the Saddam in underpants illusory figure emerges in the UK gutter press
www.abovetopsecret.com...
this interesting thread stopped because of the existence of a similar but far more obscure thread - and you will note a moderators one last fling after the locking of the thread
politics.abovetopsecret.com...
Oh the obfuscations!!!
These two false images are inextricably linked to lure the British public into a further false image of how things are

[edit on 20-5-2005 by dh]

posted on May, 20 2005 @ 06:21 PM
link   
He looks Scandanavian to me, didn't they find a wrecked boat at a nearby beach, or something similar? Maybe i am getting confused.
Whatever his story is, i am sure we will all know a little more when it is released as a movie! I can see it now....
Rob Schneider is a succesful fisherman, with a love of art and music... until one day... a doopa doopa doop di durp.

I do not think the guy is acting it at all, just looking in his eyes, there is something amiss.

posted on May, 21 2005 @ 04:22 AM
link   
Latest news about this mysterious "piano man":

Translated from Yahoo! News (French site, original article - in French):

ROME (AFP) - "Piano man", the mysterious amnesic pianist discovered last month on an English beach, would be German and would be named Michael Bartling, says a hotel owner of Trentin, in northern Italy.

Roberto Pincelli is convinced to have recognized the mysterious pianist, a man he had in one of his rooms in Arco, close to Lake Garda, from November 12 to December 7, 2001.

According to the hotel owner, he would be called Michael Bartling, would be 42 years old and originating from Wolfsburg (Low-Saxony, Germany).

Mr. Pincelli told the daily newspaper Il Trentino that during his stay, Michael Bartling had been put at the piano twice and that its music was "celestial".

Also, according to Mr. Pincelli, he was without much money, spoke little, but did not have at the time a disorientated appearance. He had explained to have studied to become priest but he did not pronounced its wishes.

The investigators charged to discover the identity of the mysterious pianist received hundreds of phone calls and electronic mails but still could not solve the mystery of its identity.

He has been discovered on April 7 on a beach of the south of England. And it is by handing a pencil to him, trying to make him write down his name that the personnel of the hospital where he had been brought, had discovered his talents of musician, because he had drawn a piano.

I personally have the feeling that this man has been victim of some kind of accident and is at the moment under a profound state of shock. Time wil tell... Very strange story anyway!

[Edit]
A few translation mistakes.

[edit on 21-5-2005 by SpookyVince]

posted on May, 21 2005 @ 08:24 AM
link   
The one thing this tells me.. is that the 'grip' we all think that TPTB have on 'us all' isn't as tight as we think it is.

HOW is it.. that you can not identify a certain individual in this day and age when you have their prints or other biometric data?

A hotel owner is the one to ID this guy?! He has NO friends or family that is missing him at the moment? Missing ANYONE someone would NOT be searching the net for their loved one? I don't get it.

I guess.. I dunno.. Its nice to know that SOME people in this world still haven't had their privacy invaded by the police yet.

posted on May, 21 2005 @ 08:43 AM
link   
42 years old? Sorry- i dont buy it. A hotel owner "remembers", i dont buy it either.
I mean, like somebody said, in this day and age and they cant find out who he is? Not a soul knows? I wouldnt go trusting a hotel owner for an identification on this man.

posted on May, 28 2005 @ 09:14 PM
link   

News.com.au: 'Piano man' mystery plays on

May 29, 2005

THE mysteriously mute piano virtuoso found wandering on an English beach last month could be a Czech classical musician who once played in a rock band, a drummer in the combo has been quoted as saying.

Klaudius Kryspin said he immediately recognised the man as Thomas Strnad, even though it had been many years since they played together in a tribute band called Ropotamo.

Mr Kryspin, who has not seen Mr Strnad in nine years, said his old band mate had trained as a classical musician, and that his "first love was always Chopin, Mozart and Liszt".

He added that Mr Strnad did not appear to get along with his family, and three years ago was going around asking for money to buy bread.

He said he immediately recognised Mr Strnad from a photo he saw on the internet, and that "he still looks like the same guy I knew back then".

"The only things that are different are his hair colour and his sad face. He looks like a broken man."

posted on May, 28 2005 @ 10:29 PM
link   
The "piano man" has been identified as a Czech classical pianist who used to play in a rock band. His name is Thomas Strnad. He probably became hopelessly frustrated trying to pronounce his name.

The mysteriously mute piano virtuoso found wandering on an English beach last month was a Czech classical musician who once played in a rock band, the band's drummer was quoted as saying.

Klaudius Kryspin said he immediately recognised the man as Thomas Strnad, even though it has been many years since they played together in a tribute band called Ropotamo.

"When I saw the picture in the newspapers, I knew it was Thomas," Kryspin told the Mail on Sunday newspaper in Prague.

Officials caring for the so-called "piano man" at Little Brook Hospital at Dartford in south-eastern England said they had informed the police missing persons bureau about the claim.

www.abc.net.au...

posted on May, 31 2005 @ 06:34 PM
link   
We still don´t know who the pianoman is...

BBC: 'I'm not Piano Man', says Czech

A theory that the so-called Piano Man could be Czech musician Tomas Strnad has been discounted - as Mr Strnad has been interviewed on Czech TV.

Mr Strand lives in Prague and has never been to England.

He told Czech TV: "I want to set the record straight, so that the world is not deceived any longer.

"It is someone else, not me."

posted on Jun, 1 2005 @ 12:28 AM
link   
Wow, it seems that this is becoming a deep mystery then!

Either the guy is well conscious of what he does, and he is a remarkable actor, or then he is really in great despair...

Poor man, I hope they'll find who he is eventually, or that maybe he'll "unlock"...

posted on Jun, 2 2005 @ 06:29 PM
link   
Yes this is a very weird but interesting story. I wonder if it will develop further?

No labels in his clothes? Surely this is going to be some kind of set up.

I look forward to the next development.

posted on Jun, 2 2005 @ 10:56 PM
link   
The missing tags still bother me-I do not sense an MK-Ultra type. Soon we will see.

[edit on 6/2/05 by ShadowDancer]

posted on Jun, 3 2005 @ 07:56 AM
link   
I can't believe that no one is missing someone and looking for a 'missing piano player' that is suppose to be playing piano somewhere.

DIDN'T ANYONE TEACH THIS GUY HOW TO PLAY? Its in every news paper on the planet and no one who knows him has come forward.

So he has spent a lot of time in solitary. Probablly has NEVER given any sort of public preformance or someone would have recognised him by now.

What about a computer keyboard. A lot of music is produced electronically now... or can be anyways. If they gave this dude a computer would he log in to his email account perhaps? I wonder if they tried.

I can't believe that in this day and age, we can't figure out where someone has come from.. by for example DNA testing.. "These people with these traits tend to live in either THIS or THIS area." ..and like narrow things down. Doesn't everyone get their fingerprints taken at least ONCE in their lives. What about when a baby?

This is really starting to smell of something very bad. I think something really really really horrible happened to this poor guy. There is no explanation for his lack of people who care about him and are missing him. I wonder if its possible if he was ALWAYS like this... well then some other hospital should be missing him. He had no serious injuries so he haddn't been beaten or abused like that right? They would have mentioned if he was malnutricianed wouldn't they? That would be signiffigant. How was he shaving and feeding himself in the days before he was found? Either HE or someone else HAD to be taking care of him. Since there is NO care provider saying "Uh.. I'm missing a patient." then he HAD to be able to take care of himself before he was discovered. He wasn't nearly dead or something, so he had been eating in the days prior.

What if... what if he maybe killed his care provider and family? There is a house somewhere will a bunch of corpses in it that haven't been discovered yet. That is the reason no one is looking for him.. the people that know he is missing are all dead.. he flipped out.

OR.. he's escaped from some military base. Or UFO. And he's some sort of assasination machine... just waiting for the signal. Wonder what that could be.. polka dot dress?

This whole story is just too weird. I don't understand how NO ONE can I.D. this guy... how no one is missing someone right now and not scanning the papers and stuff.

I have this feeling there is a scam going on here too. It just doesn't add up.

The chances of the entire civilised world knowing about the story and not knowing that this guy is missing (specially in musical circles.. I'm sure every piano teacher has heard about the story by now.. I'm sure its been posted to every single piano message board) or who he is or having a way to I.D. him is just so low as to be improbable.

So in other words. The people that do know him, still do not know this has happened to him, or do not want him back or can't make their efforts known that they want him back (like in the case of the.... UFO.... well we have to look at all the angles here right? heh).

My four cents.

posted on Jun, 3 2005 @ 07:20 PM
link   
dateline has something on him on thair show that it on now.

posted on Jun, 3 2005 @ 07:50 PM
link   
I agree that it sounds like, "The Bourne Identity." but its more like the book then the movie. Jason Bourne washes up on the beach with no identity or labels in his clothes and hasn't a clue as to why. Then everybody starts trying to kill him and he has to try to find out why. Turns out he was brainwashed by the government but to be the worlds greatest terrorist, but only as a way to lure out Carlos the Jackel so he could kill him. The book was much better then the movie, especially since Matt Damone wasn't in it.

Theres my book report for the night.

I can't wait till they actually find out who this guy is and what happened to him.

Wupy

posted on Jun, 3 2005 @ 08:01 PM
link   
I think the biggest mystery of all is why no one is looking for this guy, as someone else has already pointed out. It doesn't make a lot of sense that someone who can play a piano the way this guy can and draw a piano the way he did, didn't have some ties to someone somewhere.

[edit on 05/6/3 by GradyPhilpott]

posted on Jun, 3 2005 @ 08:48 PM
link   
Zarqawi ain't workin...
Perhaps he's our next OBL...

This is a most interesting mystery.

I noticed this thread, but due to limited time, I cannot comment now. Nor have I read a single post.

I'll definitely checkit out on the next go round.

Good luck, HELLMUTT!

[edit on 6/3/05 by EastCoastKid]

posted on Jun, 3 2005 @ 10:29 PM
link   
This is interesting:

Plot Summary for
Ladies in Lavender (2004)
Two aging spinster sisters have their peaceable Cornwall existence disrupted in 1936 when they take a young Polish violinist into their care. After a particularly violent storm, Ursula and Janet Widington awake to find young man Andrea half-drowned and badly injured on the beach. They slowly discover that he is a Polish Jew with a gift for music as an accomplished violinist, hoping to find his way to America. But the village isn't used to visitors and everyone, with the exception of the sisters, is full of suspicions, especially when Andrea develops a friendship with a beautiful Russian woman vacationing nearby. Eventually, the two must make a choice between trying to keep their new charge for themselves or setting him free in the world.

Summary written by Sujit R. Varma

Ursula (Judi Dench) and Janet (Maggie Smith) are two sisters living in a quaint Cornish village in the 1930's. When a young man named Andrea (Daniel Brühl) washes up on the beach just outside their seaside cottage one night, the two sisters set about nursing the stranger back to health, with help from the local doctor (David Warner). As the siblings discover more and more about the foreigner, Ursula unexpectedly develops an attraction towards him, even as he forges a relationship of his own with a fellow newcomer to the village, a gifted Russian artist called Olga (Natasha McElhone).

Summary written by Extraordinary Machine

www.imdb.com...
www.imdb.com...

mdn.mainichi.co.jp...

posted on Jun, 17 2005 @ 12:38 PM
link   
AFAIK still no ID for this guy. Can there be anywhere on the planet this hasn't made the news?

news.bbc.co.uk...

Starting to doubt he's of this Earth

posted on Jun, 17 2005 @ 12:47 PM
link   
Is it possible that he is the son of this man......Liberace?:

And the reason he doesn't talk is because he's been in a permanent state of shock ever since he found out who his real father was.

Peace

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join