It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Who Is The Mysterious Piano Man?

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 17 2005 @ 12:56 PM
link   
lol

Closest we've got to his ID so far!

nice one!

posted on Jun, 18 2005 @ 10:26 PM
link   
Everyone seems to think he is some musical genius. I remember hearing that he doesn't play that well, but playing seems to calm him down and he really enjoys it.

posted on Jun, 18 2005 @ 10:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by yinyang04011
Everyone seems to think he is some musical genius. I remember hearing that he doesn't play that well, but playing seems to calm him down and he really enjoys it.

He needs more cow bell LOL

posted on Jun, 18 2005 @ 11:20 PM
link   
The degree of his talent is really not at issue. Anyone who can sit down and play classical music for several hours must have come to the attention of someone at some point, either by training or by the virtue of his ability. He must have parents, siblings, friends, colleagues, fellow patients, caretakers or someone who knows who he is. This piece describes musical preformance as virtuosic.

news.bbc.co.uk...

posted on Jun, 18 2005 @ 11:38 PM
link   
I stand corrected. I didn't see that particular news piece. And, I hope I didn't sound demeaning or anything. This whole things is pretty fascinating.
Yeah, and why haven't they identified him yet?

posted on Jun, 19 2005 @ 01:19 AM
link   
Autistic savants can play very complex pieces having only heard them once, but while they are technically perfect, the performances often lack the nuance of a true virtuoso. Personally, I don't know what to think of this case. Cases like this are not unheard of, certainly. What is odd is how he came to be in his predicament and the fact that no one seems to be able to ID him despite worldwide publicity.

[edit on 05/6/19 by GradyPhilpott]

posted on Jun, 19 2005 @ 03:33 AM
link   
A possibility why nobody seems to be missing him would be that he used to be a covert agent of some nation, but this doesn't explain all... The most intriguing part is the labels of his clothes... This detail alone brings a few "certainties", but questions as well...

Some people, or himself, have at some point wanted him to be unidentifiable. This is reinforced by the fact that he was found walking out of the water, which means that he was thrown into the water by somebody, or he jumped himself. It is not likely an accident, because of the missing labels...

So, if he jumped himself, like a suicide, why would he want not to be recognized? If he was "helped" to go there swimming all clothed, the motives can be various.

The fact that he is totally speechless is also intriguing. He is either extremely scared (but that should have faded now), in a deep state of shock (which I believe could as well have gone better since then), or naturally mute.

What makes me believe that he is scared or in state of shock, is that if he was "merely" naturally mute, he'd have "talked": he'd surely have written something or talked in signs since then, unless he is mute and one of the formers...

The fact that nobody has been looking for him reinforces the idea that he was willingfully thrown in the water and that he may have been an agent trained in the secret services of some nation for years. Now the biggest question then is why no other covert operation has been put in place to definitely eliminate him? This is against logic...

Not a lot of options are left, the only one I can see (even if it is quite far fetched, but who knows...) is: he is an autodidact, worked for some rich boat owner and was somehow thrown overboard for some reason...

posted on Jun, 19 2005 @ 04:34 AM
link   
Maybe he is a deserter from the war going on in Iraq. He got tired of the killings and left the country. His superiors could of thought he died in a bombing? Or maybe he's from Gitmo???

posted on Jun, 19 2005 @ 12:40 PM
link   
from what i read he's probably a difficult guy to live with and so, when the people who knew him saw all the media attention he'd generated and that he IS being well taken care of....they basically said, "good riddance!!"
and kept quiet about everything. why not? a lot of europeans are private people who shun media attention and therefore, if there are people out there who can fill in the missing details about piano man........don't hold your breath.

[edit on 19-6-2005 by victor was right]

posted on Aug, 9 2005 @ 09:26 PM
link   
They have just announced that they believe we may never find out who the piano man is. All this publicity and no one has come forward yet...

IOL: Piano Man may become 8th wonder of the world

August 09 2005

Doctors fear that the identity of a mysterious mute pianist found wandering on an English beach in April may never be known.

"There is no obvious lead," an official at a hospital in, Kent, south-east England, told The Independent on Monday.

"Given the enormous amount of publicity about Piano Man, we think it surprising that no one has come forward. It is possible his family lead an isolated existence and have not seen the stories, but we have to prepare ourselves for the fact that we may never know who he is."

Please visit the link provided for the complete story.

posted on Aug, 22 2005 @ 06:29 AM
link   
'Piano Man' discharged.

The so-called 'Piano Man' has been discharged from the care of an National Health Service (NHS) trust, it was confirmed today.

There had been a "marked improvement" in the unidentified man's condition and he was no longer being treated, a spokesman for the West Kent NHS and Social Care Trust said.

But it was reported today that the man had finally broken his silence, revealing to trust staff last week that he was from Germany and had made his way to the UK after losing his job in Paris.

Article

So i guess that's that, then. Glad to see he is better.

Sanc'.

posted on Aug, 22 2005 @ 07:10 AM
link   
Apparently, he was an unemployed gay German who lost his job and tried to commit suicide, but was picked up by police.

Amazingly, he can't play the piano, either.

"He said he drew a picture of a piano because that was the first thing that came into his head.

"When he played the piano in the hospital he didn't play it that well, contrary to all the reports, but just kept tapping one key continuously.

"He admitted that he couldn't play the piano that well at all."

Source: Daily Mirror

I think this is great example of the ability of the media to distort the truth. I'm not saying it was deliberate, but if the media chooses to report something (like, "he's a virtuoso piano player"), how do we know otherwise?

-koji K.

posted on Aug, 22 2005 @ 08:34 AM
link   
Looks like he tried to enter the UK Illegally But Nearly Drowned In The Process.
Then Supposedly Lost His Memory ‘ What A Load Of Cobblers.
The National Health Service Alt To Send Him The Bill For Looking After Him For The Past Five Months. He Tried To Pull A Fast One

BBC News Update

The so-called Piano Man found wandering in April has been released from hospital after his condition improved.
A national newspaper reported on Monday the man finally broke his silence, stated he was German, and flew home.

West Kent NHS and Social Care Trust would not comment because of patient confidentiality but the German government confirmed he was Bavarian.

The man, who was said to be an excellent pianist, was found on Sheppey in April and taken into care.

On Monday, the German foreign ministry said the 20-year-old man flew home on Saturday. He has not been named by officials.

The health trust said the patient had been discharged following a marked improvement in his condition but the rules regarding patient confidentiality meant there would be no further statement.

posted on Aug, 22 2005 @ 01:30 PM
link   
This might explain what happened to this young man. The condition is rare, but far from unheard of.

www.gpnotebook.co.uk...

www.mhsource.com...

www.m-a-h.net...

www.sidran.org...

Google: Dissociative Disorder

Google: Fugue State

What remains unexplained is why no one came forward to identify him despite the global news coverage.

[edit on 2005/8/22 by GradyPhilpott]

posted on Aug, 22 2005 @ 03:35 PM
link   
I read that he had previously worked with mental health patients and thus knew just how to act in order to fool the authorities by copying some of their characteristics though I know he was suicidal anyway.

Does anyone know how he got to England from Paris? how he came to be on that beach with his clothes soaking wet? I've looked but can't find any imformation on that.

posted on Aug, 22 2005 @ 03:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by GradyPhilpott
(...)
What remains unexplained is why no one came forward to identify him despite the global news coverage.

Yes, very strange... He may have been totally out of contacts with his family for years, I still find it weird that they didn't wave their hand and say "hey, he's ours!" after all the media coverage...

Anyway, it is rather good to know that now people know who he is, and that he was (still is, likely) in great despair and need... Now, hopefully for him he can be helped and get back to life.

[Edit]
Typo!

[edit on 22-8-2005 by SpookyVince]

posted on Aug, 22 2005 @ 06:40 PM
link   
Well, this is why I like ATS. Without this follow-up I would have never known what happened and I was dying of curiosity over this.

The seemingly dead threads come to life when new news comes out. If there is an answer, someone here will spot it and report it. (I know this is not a significant story to use as an example - but it makes my point).

Thanks Sanctum!

posted on Aug, 22 2005 @ 06:48 PM
link   
whoops

[edit on 22-8-2005 by Amuk]

posted on Aug, 22 2005 @ 08:41 PM
link   
Amuk? "oops"?

I was waiting with baited breath for that one, and now all I get is an EDIT - oops?

posted on Aug, 22 2005 @ 08:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by Relentless
Amuk? "oops"?

I was waiting with baited breath for that one, and now all I get is an EDIT - oops?

I was sure I heard it on the news that it was a hoax, but I cant find ANYTHING to back me up. I was listening to MSNBC while doing something else. I even went to their web-site and found nothing so I guess it was my mistake.

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join