It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

NEWS: Protesters Storm Uzbekistan Prison and Release Inmates.

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on May, 14 2005 @ 06:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by ghostsoldier

Yet the hypocracy of the US is as usual, just sickening!

I only hope that an anti US imperialist regime emerges from this Uzbek revolt. It would weaken the US war machine in the region and the US would lose valuable gold and oil markets.

I would much prefer a Taliban style Islamist regime in Uzbekistan than some 'lets accomodate with the US/global economy 'democracy'!!!

I love it when self proclaimed communists start trying to blame once more problems that are happening all over the world on the US....

Communism is not the anwser, neither is a radical Islamic government. There are radical islamic governments right now committing attrocities upon hundreds of thousands and even millions of people because they are either non-Muslims or non-arabs....

In Sudan alone there have been 2,415,000 people who have been killed because a jihad has been called forth by the government in Sudan since 1983. Over 2 million of those people killed were Christians, and 415,000 black non-Arabs have been killed and starved to death by the newest jihad that was called upon in that country starting in 2003...

Also, people living under communist regimes are far worse than in most capitalist countries.....and how do I know this? because I was born in a communist country and still have family there suffering because of the communist agenda and ideas of the marxist/leninist doctrines....

[edit on 14-5-2005 by Muaddib]

posted on May, 15 2005 @ 06:55 PM
link   

BBC: Locals expel Uzbek town leaders

Local residents have seized control of Korasuv, a border town in eastern Uzbekistan, driving out representatives of the central government.

Angry crowds set government buildings alight and attacked the mayor.

posted on May, 16 2005 @ 10:15 AM
link   
If these reports are true this is worse than tienamen square...

Also worth mentioning, this was not a group of student protestors, this was the citizens of the entire country, women, children, men, and the elderly giving their lives.

This seems like it wasn't really orchestrated, more provoked than anything else. It will be interesting to see how the United States spins this around.

posted on May, 16 2005 @ 11:12 AM
link   

Originally posted by benign
If these reports are true this is worse than tienamen square...

Also worth mentioning, this was not a group of student protestors, this was the citizens of the entire country, women, children, men, and the elderly giving their lives.

This seems like it wasn't really orchestrated, more provoked than anything else. It will be interesting to see how the United States spins this around.

You are perceiving this thing in a bit inaccurate manner - see debka.com... for info on this.

posted on Jul, 2 2005 @ 04:53 AM
link   
The President of Kazakhstan defends Uzbek authorities violent crushing of the uprising. He said that "human rights and freedoms" cannot be mixed with "terrorism and murder", and people should mind their own businesses.

Interfax: Kazakh president defends Uzbek govt actions during riots

Kazakh President Nursultan Nazarbayev on Thursday stood up for the Uzbek authorities' violent suppression of riots in Andizhan in May, saying that "terrorism and murder" must not be lumped together with "human rights and freedoms" and that the crisis was "an internal matter" of Uzbekistan anyway.

Click the link to read the full article...

posted on Jul, 4 2005 @ 12:35 PM
link   
A Senior Officer has given his version of what really happened to IWPR (Institute for War and Peace Reporting). He claim that between 4,500 and 5,000 may have been killed. And their bodies were systematically concealed.

Institute for War and Peace Reporting - Andijan: A Policeman’s Account

Senior officer says “thousands” killed and their bodies systematically concealed.

The officer approached IWPR with his story, saying he and many of his fellow officers on the city force were shocked at the order to open fire on crowds of protestors, and were ashamed at the outcome.

The officer, who holds a high position on the Andijan force, has not been named or his post identified in this report as he fears he would suffer immediate reprisals.

“I’m taking a bigger risk than you,” the policeman told IWPR’s contributor as the interview got under way. “But I can’t remain silent.”

Claiming that 4,500 people may have died that day – a figure far higher than estimates by human rights activists which run into several hundred, let alone the government’s data which suggest about 170 dead – the policeman detailed how security forces carried out the assault.

“A minimum of four and a half thousand people were killed in the suppression of this rebellion,” he said.

Click the link to read the full article...

posted on Jul, 4 2005 @ 01:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by Phugedaboudet
I'm creating a new "drinking game"

Anytime on ATS, when there's an article of any unrest anywhere in the world, that someone pipes up with a response tailored to make the US look responsible, you have to drink a shot of whiskey.

I'd be sooo drunk after any two articles.

Originally posted by Aelita
What does "Vladdy" have to do with it? There are US military bases there, so the question is what's gonna happen in that regard.

i'm creating a new drinking game, too. it's called, 'jump the gun', and every time some hard core pundit of something jumps to a conclusion based on they're personal need to have the world conform to their views, i will buy a drink for a homeless person. they're already drunk, and i need a clear head to understand the massive confusion that is the chaos from which will rise the new world order.
it seems to me, aelita is CONCERNED for us troops, and could give a hoot about 'foreigners'.

4500 dead. damn. that's harsh in any political climate.

Ernesto 'Che' Guevara
(1928-1967) Latin American Revolutionary
If you tremble indignation at every injustice then you are a comrade of mine.

che was a REAL communist.
i'm not a communist, yet i agree with him, and am therefore his comrade(oh great a dead guy for a friend)

'tear down the wall' -pink floyd

top topics

<< 1   >>

join