It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Nonviolent revolution in Iran!!!!!Ayatollahs are gone

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:
Sep

posted on May, 16 2005 @ 07:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by zurvan
Are you saying that prior to Reza shah Iran was this advanced heaven free of religious naive population who had not been kept in darkness through the cruelty of Religious Islam???????

Your hate for Islam is blinding you. Iran had a parliamentary system, political parties and everything a man could want from a democracy. Then Reza Khan came, and if you have any knowledge of history you know what happened. He destroyed our parliamentary system and attacked our culture (you might enjoy knowing that he ripped veils off women and didnt allow mullahs to do much outside of their mosques), but mangaded to effectivly play the superpowers of the time against eachother and advance Iran.

Originally posted by zurvanThe fact that Reza shah had sided with Nazi Hitler conveniently left your argument!!!!

Where is the proof? They used the argument to invade Iran. The shah had the same amount of German advisors as Russian and British. At the start of the war he declared that he was a neutral but Russia and Britain invaded anyway even though it was against international law.

Originally posted by zurvanor his son was removed by a man who could have/ would have delivered Iran into Communist Russia?????

No real Iranian would ever think of Mossadegh as a communist. The fact that you say this prooves the fact that you are no real Iranian.

Originally posted by zurvanWhat about all the positives that came from the cultural interaction between Iranians and English/Americans.

Cultural interactions are always nice and we would love for that to start again, but this thread is not about cultural interactions, its about political and military interventions and as you see every time they have intervened in our country's internal affairs something has always gone wrong.

posted on May, 17 2005 @ 07:42 AM
link   
You know. I really hope this happens too. Persia is a country with great potential and is being stiffled by extremist views. I read an article that said most young people in Iran did not hate Americans. Not sure how accurate the report was (I only think half of what I read in the e-papers is accurate) but if it was I can only remember with fondness the reception I had in Kuwait and Saudi. If the people in Iran are as nice as those folks were back in the day then I hope to one day visit and experience Iran. I guess I could go in as a European (maybe French passport?) that way the crazies would harm me and mine. What do you think?

posted on May, 17 2005 @ 08:59 AM
link   
Some members have expressed doubt regarding the thread author's claims that he/she is Iranian. Does the author have any response to this?

posted on May, 17 2005 @ 09:23 AM
link   

Originally posted by wecomeinpeace
Some members have expressed doubt regarding the thread author's claims that he/she is Iranian. Does the author have any response to this?

Dorud,
Hello

Name man Zurvan est. Man az Iran est am.
Name me Zurvan is. Me from Iran is am.

I am not sure what to say really, I am from Iran and that is the end of it. On top of that I always say listen to what one says not who says it. I mean not arguing my point and attacking me does not prove your point. Just accusing me that I am not Iranian does not make sense. My first language is Parsi anPersian , I was born in Iran and lived there most of my life. I dont know????? you tell me what does that make me????

NB. Words in italics follow Persian words that I have used in my post and directly represent the meaning of Persian work used in order presented in Persian sentences.

Iran has all the infrastructure to support democracy. The only thing that needs to change is the constitution! Because if we have free elections in Iran then Parliment will be full of Moderate Iranians, who can set the law same with our judiciary system which is operating sickly using outdated sharia law!
and same with the government which would have modern law to its despense instead of milenia old Sahria Islmic Law.

[edit on 17-5-2005 by zurvan]

posted on May, 17 2005 @ 09:36 AM
link   

Originally posted by Sep

Originally posted by zurvanor his son was removed by a man who could have/ would have delivered Iran into Communist Russia?????

No real Iranian would ever think of Mossadegh as a communist. The fact that you say this prooves the fact that you are no real Iranian.

I never said that he was communist. Go back and read my sentences. I just said what do you think would have happened to Iran if Mossadegh was in Power?
What you have suggested are your speculations to best of your knowledge. What I said is my speculations to best of my knowledge. Am I saying I know everything? no I am not.

Chill

Man be tu miguyam ke man Irani est am. Kapish?

posted on May, 17 2005 @ 11:57 AM
link   

I mean not arguing my point and attacking me does not prove your point. Just accusing me that I am not Iranian does not make sense.

Should you take the time to read my rather short and, I thought, easily understood post again, you will notice that I was merely pointing out the fact that you had not responded to some questions posed by other members regarding your nationality. I found it intriguing that you failed to respond to such queries, since, if my own claims of Australian nationality were called into question, I would most definitely reply post-haste and with fervour to substantiate my claims.

I was not "accusing" you of anything; in fact it is only now, having observed your hasty assumption of the meaning of my post, and the nature of your reaction, that I wonder if you have a guilty conscience regarding this matter?

Furthermore, a review of the entire thread will clearly show that until my last post I had only been an observer and have no "point" to "prove" in this particular debate, hence your comments were inappropriate.

Lastly, even had I truly been accusing you of pretending to be Iranian, such an accusation would not have been entirely ridiculous, firstly in light of the fact that your posts are definitely of a controversial and baiting nature, and secondly because it is well-documented that trolls will often pretend to be something they are not in order to further an agenda, as observed in the recent case of a Jewish youth posting anti-semetic content on a web-based forum.
Jewish student expelled for anti-Semitic website

I'm sorry for the misunderstanding. Please, carry on.

posted on May, 17 2005 @ 12:54 PM
link   
would be nice to have a good and wholesome, democratic Iran. maybe one that could get along with America. maybe one that could let us in on all the coroborating evidence of the Ayatolla's terrorist support. one that could advance the middle east into the new century and be a beacon of stability for the surrounding area. if the Ayatolla was gone, maybe the nuclear weapons issue would not be so great.

Sep

posted on May, 18 2005 @ 03:58 AM
link   

I never said that he was communist. Go back and read my sentences. I just said what do you think would have happened to Iran if Mossadegh was in Power?

Iran would be a representative republic by now. Mossadegh was a nationalist and noone is doubting that. He would have never gave any part of Iran to Russia.

posted on May, 18 2005 @ 04:32 AM
link   

Originally posted by wecomeinpeace

I mean not arguing my point and attacking me does not prove your point. Just accusing me that I am not Iranian does not make sense.

Should you take the time to read my rather short and, I thought, easily understood post again, you will notice that I was merely pointing out the fact that you had not responded to some questions posed by other members regarding your nationality. I found it intriguing that you failed to respond to such queries, since, if my own claims of Australian nationality were called into question, I would most definitely reply post-haste and with fervour to substantiate my claims.

I was not "accusing" you of anything; in fact it is only now, having observed your hasty assumption of the meaning of my post, and the nature of your reaction, that I wonder if you have a guilty conscience regarding this matter?

Hello there, sorry I think it was my fault for not being clear. First of all thank you for pointing out that I had missed out some questions
I think I quoted you inorder to indicate that I am responding to Sep's accusations. I did not mean to suggest that you did say that I was not Iranian or accused me of anything else

Most of my post was directed at Sep and not anyone else. I have had a number of conversations with Sep and had decided not to bother with him anymore as I am quite prepared to agree to disagree with him

I hope he can do the same and allow me to live in my country without having to abide by his beleifs. I was also disappointed in him as he has clearly a number of times indicated that he is not a moslem! however, whenever I have asked him to tell my what religion he is he does not reply and whenever I read his posts I can not conclude but think he is a Moslem.

So I hope no hard feelings there

So please keep it up if you feel like that there are points that I have missed out or failed to reply to please do bring them up. I have no problem with critisim (constructive or not)

Bedrud,
Zurvan

posted on May, 18 2005 @ 04:37 AM
link   

Originally posted by Sep

Iran would be a representative republic by now. Mossadegh was a nationalist and noone is doubting that. He would have never gave any part of Iran to Russia.

But Russia would/could have taken Iran. And on the front of suggesting Iran would have had a blossming democracy had Mossadeq not been toppled I have one thing to say. whatever! as I said before those are your speculations about the past which I disagree with.

Take care,
Dorud.

[edit on 18-5-2005 by zurvan]

posted on May, 18 2005 @ 06:14 AM
link   
I have nothing political to say here. Well, maybe kind of....

I have had, in the distant past, an opportunity to work with Pre-Ayatollah Irani. My last name is directly translated into Keshavarz (spelling?) .

My experience with Iran was most positive. No money changed hands, it was only a human to human experience and it was most positive. I met poets, artists, military and government people (era of the Shah) and the people are bright and fun loving. I have, in the ensuing years, met and dealt with a few Iranian expatriots., and count a number of friends among them. It is one of my fondest hopes that one day the Iranian people can live their lives the way they want and be free to determine their own futures.

Sep

posted on May, 19 2005 @ 12:47 AM
link   
OK lets agree to disagree on the subjects previously discussed.

Now about Mossadegh. Lets just say that Mossadegh would have handed Iran over to the Russians. Iranians voted and elected him as the Prime Minister. They all rose up for him and sent the Shah to exile. I believe that we had the right to choose our future and not have it dictated to us by foriegners. Would you agree?Or do you support the American/British coup that overthorw democracy for dictatorship.

posted on May, 22 2005 @ 08:01 AM
link   

Originally posted by Sep
OK lets agree to disagree on the subjects previously discussed.

Now about Mossadegh. Lets just say that Mossadegh would have handed Iran over to the Russians. Iranians voted and elected him as the Prime Minister. They all rose up for him and sent the Shah to exile. I believe that we had the right to choose our future and not have it dictated to us by foriegners. Would you agree?Or do you support the American/British coup that overthorw democracy for dictatorship.

my honest answer would be I dont know.
in this post you have some valid points though.

posted on May, 22 2005 @ 04:04 PM
link   
Zurvan and others.

Please do not be honest in these forums. Everyone is aboslutely required to pick a position and stick with it, and never show any sign of waivering on anything. Honest answers about some things in life and politics being 'gray' are not permitted, only absolutist statements on black and white situations are allowed. Also, its best for everyone to villify anyone else that might disagree with them, rather than talk reasonably about anything.

Thanks.

posted on May, 24 2005 @ 02:36 AM
link   

Originally posted by Nygdan
Zurvan and others.

Please do not be honest in these forums. Everyone is aboslutely required to pick a position and stick with it, and never show any sign of waivering on anything. Honest answers about some things in life and politics being 'gray' are not permitted, only absolutist statements on black and white situations are allowed. Also, its best for everyone to villify anyone else that might disagree with them, rather than talk reasonably about anything.

Thanks.

Sure buddy. sorry that was a slip up on my part. I make sure to villify my opponents to death next time

posted on Jun, 1 2005 @ 09:14 AM
link   
Are we in agreement here???? I don't disagree with what you are saying about Musadeq

I just don't know and am frankly quite worried about the future not the past!

[edit on 1-6-2005 by zurvan]

posted on Jun, 1 2005 @ 09:16 AM
link   

Originally posted by bodrul

Muslems are not welcome in Iran and that is the final point!!!!!! I mean there are quite welcome to live there as long as they keep their beliefs to themselves

Iran is a large muslim natiion ( like it or not
)
who are you to say muslims arent welcome there when they make up a larger poppulation there ( your kind prob make up 1/20000 )

its more like should your type be welcome there

i even doubt your persion or any where from Iran

[edit on 16-5-2005 by bodrul]

what I am not form Iran??? you are right. buddy wether you like it or not I grow up there!! most of my friends did not believe in Islam. Ofcouse we were not allowed to puplicly discuss that as I am sure you are aware of ! What would you do to people who don't want to be Muslim my friend???

man irani est am!!!!! man islam ra dust nadaram!!!! man azadi mikhaham!!!

posted on Jun, 1 2005 @ 09:52 AM
link   
zurvan,

so you just grew up in Iran (for how many years?) but are saying that "we" are not allowed to discuss publicly the glorious past of the monarchical dictatorship?

Keep in mind that what you call "zoroastrianism" was invented by the King to strengthen a virtual Iranian cultural identity, much like Mussolini glorified the roman empire, Hitler the germanic beliefs, or the current US regime their "founding myths".

[edit on 1-6-2005 by Moretti]

posted on Jun, 1 2005 @ 09:59 AM
link   

Iran has all the infrastructure to support democracy. The only thing that needs to change is the constitution!

Here you reveal your true mental affiliation. Unlike US puppet monarchies, Iran's current constitution was chosen by their people, during the popular revolution against the brutal dictatorships you glorify.

posted on Jun, 1 2005 @ 10:04 AM
link   
plz deleate this

[edit on 1-6-2005 by bodrul]

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join