It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Nonviolent revolution in Iran!!!!!Ayatollahs are gone

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 1 2005 @ 10:24 AM
link   

Originally posted by zurvan

what I am not form Iran??? you are right. buddy wether you like it or not I grow up there!! most of my friends did not believe in Islam. Ofcouse we were not allowed to puplicly discuss that as I am sure you are aware of ! What would you do to people who don't want to be Muslim my friend???

bbc
Population: 70.7 million (UN, 2005)
Capital: Tehran
Area: 1.65 million sq km (636,313 sq miles)
Major language: Persian
Major religion: Islam
Life expectancy: 69 years (men), 72 years (women) (UN)
Monetary unit: 10 Iranian rials = 1 toman
Main exports: Petroleum, carpets, agricultural products
GNI per capita: US $2,000 (World Bank, 2003)
Internet domain: .ir
International dialling code: +98

the why is it that any where u look it is a large muslim country
u said muslims are welcome in your country when they make up almost all the population

isnt it more the other way round as i said before

unless u can give me a credible site that says islam is the least followers in Iran

What would you do to people who don't want to be Muslim my friend???

get along with them like i always have
as most my mates arnt muslim

which doesnt bother me

ps what does bedrud mean

[edit on 1-6-2005 by bodrul]

posted on Jun, 1 2005 @ 11:19 AM
link   

Originally posted by Moretti

Iran has all the infrastructure to support democracy. The only thing that needs to change is the constitution!

Here you reveal your true mental affiliation. Unlike US puppet monarchies, Iran's current constitution was chosen by their people, during the popular revolution against the brutal dictatorships you glorify.

The constitution was changed illegally about 8 years after revolution. If you are right why doesn't regime hold a referendum to verify their legitimacy?

Irans old constitution was set way before the Pahlavis if you are refering to Pahlavis!!!! It was then illegaly modified to suite certurn religous right fundametalist groups.

Sep

posted on Jun, 2 2005 @ 01:05 AM
link   

The constitution was changed illegally about 8 years after revolution. If you are right why doesn't regime hold a referendum to verify their legitimacy?

A referendum would be a very good idea, however, to have a referendum, we need to have a second choice. Who is going to replace these people once they leave. And who is going to fill the great power vaccume that is going to happen, if Khamenei loses? These things would need to be considered before a referendum could be held.

Originally posted by zurvanIrans old constitution was set way before the Pahlavis if you are refering to Pahlavis!!!! It was then illegaly modified to suite certurn religous right fundametalist groups.

It is true that the constitution was written by the great revolutionaries of the early 1900s but they obviously left a loophole that Pahlavi the father and son were allowed to abuse. To have a stable powerful country we need a new constitution that barrows diffrent parts from diffrent constitutions and create some brand new parts.

posted on Jun, 2 2005 @ 06:51 AM
link   

Originally posted by Moretti

zurvan,

so you just grew up in Iran (for how many years?) but are saying that "we" are not allowed to discuss publicly the glorious past of the monarchical dictatorship?

Keep in mind that what you call "Zoroastrianism" was invented by the King to strengthen a virtual Iranian cultural identity, much like Mussolini glorified the roman empire, Hitler the germanic beliefs, or the current US regime their "founding myths".

[edit on 1-6-2005 by Moretti]

Hey there, I lived there for 23years. Hey our 2500 year monarch history is much better than the current islamofascist/Terrorist government running the country now!!!

What Zoroastrian religion was invented by the king? I am not a Zoroastrian but trust me if Zoroastrian was invented so were the other religions!

Zoroansrians were the first people to believe in one higher God, life after death and the concepts of hell and heaven. Paradise or as we say is pardis is a Persian word.

Universal Declaration of Human Rights

The Influence of the Zoroastrian religion on Judaism - Peter Myers

posted on Jun, 3 2005 @ 08:45 AM
link   

Originally posted by bodrul
bbc

ON PAPER

I 'd say more like $10000 and Us$10000= 8000000tomans! you can do reasonable things with 8000000 a year in Iran, nothing decent but reasonable.

Internet domain: .ir
International dialling code: +98

the why is it that any where u look it is a large muslim country
u said muslims are welcome in your country when they make up almost all the population

isnt it more the other way round as i said before

unless u can give me a credible site that says islam is the least followers in Iran

What would you do to people who don't want to be Muslim my friend???

get along with them like i always have
as most my mates arnt muslim

which doesn't bother me

Well my friend I think a fare number of you fellow religious elite and fellows, mainly to centre and right, do disagree with you. You can see that in their present behaviour and also in their past behaviour. How do you think Islam came to Iran? how do you think it has managed to stay????

ps what does bedrud mean

Bedrud means goodbye in Parsi.

[edit on 3-6-2005 by zurvan]

[edit on 3/6/05 by JAK]

posted on Jun, 3 2005 @ 09:32 AM
link   

bbc

(edited so it wasn't in bold anymore)

Realistically, I wouldn't put much stock in those surveys that tell you what religion people are.
Not only are people from minority groups going to put down false answers out of fear somebody will find out, but do we know how those numbers were generated?

Honestly, I'm in the US so I don't know how Iran does it, but here the official government survey about religion is sent directly to religious institutions who fill in their own numbers.
I have never even been Christian but according to the government I am Catholic because the church says so and my parents were.

In the US, ONLY legally recognized religious places are even sent the survey, and probably a good 60% of the population is either not counted or counted wrong.
It's not safe to accept that sort of survey as proof of religion. Even if they sent it to households, do you think dad is going to ask his kids if they are really following Islam, or does he count them because of his beliefs? What if he doesn't want anybody to know they aren't Muslim? What do you honestly think those numbers are based on?

[edit on 3-6-2005 by blanketgirl]

JAK

posted on Jun, 3 2005 @ 09:38 AM
link   
There's no need for everyone to try bold to get their point across.

In fact, unless use sparingly it can make the post appear very unattractive and less likely to be taken as seriously as otherwise it might.

Jak

posted on Jun, 3 2005 @ 09:45 AM
link   
awsome reply. Thanks. I think Iran is quite similar to US then in that sense!!!!

posted on Jun, 3 2005 @ 09:47 AM
link   

Originally posted by JAK
There's no need for everyone to try bold to get their point across.

In fact, unless use sparingly it can make the post appear very unattractive and less likely to be taken as seriously as otherwise it might.

Jak

If referring to mine before I unbolded it, I'm sorry, it was a bold command toward the end of the quote that I didn't notice. not at all intentional...

posted on Jun, 17 2005 @ 11:48 PM
link   
I had some stuff in bold too, by accident.

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join