It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Nonviolent revolution in Iran!!!!!Ayatollahs are gone

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 12 2005 @ 01:05 PM
link   
O.K>

I have to be truthful every day in my life I google "Iran" hooping to see the following headline

Well nothing yet so I am gonna attempt to create this in one way or another.

O.K I am tired of Iranian Women having to cover up! be second class citizens and in general be discriminated against.

Muslems are not welcome in Iran and that is the final point!!!!!! I mean there are quite welcome to live there as long as they keep their beliefs to themselves

O.K. We as Iranians can quite happily handle 21st century but......

the black turbaned Arab originated "Ayatollah" read Darth Vader is not allowing us to. Well Darth Wader I have one peace of news for you..... the emperor is going to DIE!!!!!!

All the text above were an attempt to visualize a fantasy I am searching for each day.

Peace.

Zurvan

I wish

woops spelling

[edit on 12-5-2005 by zurvan]

[edit on 1-6-2005 by John bull 1]

posted on May, 12 2005 @ 01:12 PM
link   
be patient, be veeeery patient. right now u Iranians should enjoy the limited freedoms that the ayatollahs gave yall to ease the pressure for freedom.

posted on May, 12 2005 @ 01:22 PM
link   
Nonviolent revolution? That's a fantasy. It'd be one thing to hope for a zoroasterian uprising, another for it to be nonviolent.

Y'all've head over a millenia to overthrow the islamic rulers, and haven't. From what I understand, the fire-worshipers are growing in some numbers, but I don't see any fire-storm of anti-islamist reactions.

They could make like the Orange Revolution in Ukraine, or the Rose revolution in Georgia, they can start the Fire Revolution, or whatnot.

At the very least, the Zoroasterians could take over a small area within Iran, declare independence from tyranny, and hole up until the world comes to their rescue.

posted on May, 12 2005 @ 01:30 PM
link   
A non-violent revolution might be possible. The way to achieve it, however, would have nothing to do with religion, but economics. It worked with Eastern Europe.

posted on May, 15 2005 @ 08:17 AM
link   

Originally posted by deltaboy
be patient, be veeeery patient. right now u Iranians should enjoy the limited freedoms that the ayatollahs gave yall to ease the pressure for freedom.

Excuse me? How about if it was you who was being ruled by some religious lunatics and you had to be patient and live under their rule? I am sure you would have had such a satisfying life living under tyranny and psychologically ill ruling regime and knowing that you had a small part of your rights available to you.

This post reminds me of this story which goes something like this.

A man approaches a patient in a mental asylum house who repeatedly hits himself in the head with a hammer.

He asked the patient: Hey why is it that you hit yourself in the head with this hammer?
To which the patient replies: You have no idea how good it feels when I don't hit myself!

So what you basically saying is that we should be happy that the regime doesn't hit us in the head more often?

posted on May, 15 2005 @ 08:32 AM
link   

Originally posted by Nygdan
Nonviolent revolution? That's a fantasy. It'd be one thing to hope for a zoroasterian uprising, another for it to be nonviolent.

Y'all've head over a millenia to overthrow the islamic rulers, and haven't. From what I understand, the fire-worshipers are growing in some numbers, but I don't see any fire-storm of anti-islamist reactions.

They could make like the Orange Revolution in Ukraine, or the Rose revolution in Georgia, they can start the Fire Revolution, or whatnot.

At the very least, the Zoroastrians could take over a small area within Iran, declare independence from tyranny, and hole up until the world comes to their rescue.

first of all who talked about a Zoroastrian uprising???? I was talking about a hypothetical replacement of the government and augmentation/fixing of the constitution. This would mean that Iran would have an "elected government" with free elections.

Secondly Zoroastrians were not fire worshipers! You have to understand that this religion had started 6000 years ago and starting from then Zoroastrian held fire sacred while believing in a super natural god, life after death, and heaven and hell. They had fire in their temples as fire was considered pure and they believed when ever there was fire there was no evil.

Please lighten up and catch up on your knowledge base before you jump into conclusions, don't be an average Joe blog.

And yes I am not a Zoroastrian. But I am familiar with my countries history!!

just do a google search for : "Persian history Zoroastrians" and you'd know that they were not fire worshipers and commonly believed by outsiders that they were fire worshipers.

source about Zoroastrians

Cheers,

posted on May, 15 2005 @ 08:52 AM
link   
I also pray that I'll see this as a headline soon.

posted on May, 15 2005 @ 10:21 AM
link   
I don't think the Zoroastrians are growing in numbers either, but the opposite.
Doesn't Zoroastrianism forbid conversions from other faiths?

I do think that more moderate strains of Islam than that promoted by the Mullahs seem to be gaining ground. Every indication seems to be that the younger generation in Iran is sick of the medievalists and eager to join the modern world.

IMHO it's inevitable that the theocracy will be overthrown from within Iran.
Whether it's nonviolent or not remains to be seen.

Let's hope so.

posted on May, 15 2005 @ 10:26 AM
link   
Hey man I'd love for every person in every nation to be able to live their life exactly the way they wanted, and I wish everyone in the world could enjoy the same standards of living all the ameneties I'm not saying where I live is perfect but imo, I much rather live here than in 85% of the world. Even though I can't fully live my life to the exact way I want, it could be a lot worse.

posted on May, 15 2005 @ 10:40 AM
link   
I too would love to see that headline but according to some Iran is just fine now they way it is,

I mean to hear this Siroos speak, Iran is just a peaceful little nation that them evil Americans are trying to dictate their political system to.

I would wonder how you think of this topic and the replies that this Iranian has made?

Link to other Iran Link

Personally I think Iran has the chance to become the flat out Jewel of the Middle East but not as lon as those in power stay in power. This is just my opinion though.

posted on May, 15 2005 @ 10:43 AM
link   
i cant see anything on the news about this,
im looking around to see if i can find anything.

posted on May, 15 2005 @ 10:47 AM
link   

Originally posted by edsinger
I mean to hear this Siroos speak, Iran is just a peaceful little nation that them evil Americans are trying to dictate their political system to.

Siroos is still busy doing peaceful scientific research for Iran's energy shortage:

posted on May, 15 2005 @ 11:04 AM
link   
Hey, a wave of personal attacks on another poster from the far-right peanut gallery, what a shock. Nice sig too djohnsto77

Think I will come up with one of my own:

Rightwingers like nothing more than the juicy taste of a freshly cooked baby. - Me

posted on May, 15 2005 @ 12:16 PM
link   
I agree. This thread began great, until the usual bunch showed up. At least we can always rely on you to ruin a good thing.

Sep

posted on May, 15 2005 @ 07:33 PM
link   
I believe grand ayatollah montazeri has passed a decree declaring that after Khamenei no other Muslim may become the Velayate faghih. Since there are two people in Iran eligable to become the leader of Iran I'd say that is possible because, one of them was born in Iraq therefore he cannot be elected and the second one is Montazeri who doesnt want to be elected.

And to the man who said "we are waiting to be rescued", every time there has been a "rescuing" we have gone from bad to worst. The British helped Reza Khan come to power and pretty much destroy our parliamenary system, then when he was reforming the country they overthrow him in favour of his weak son, and then when finally a democratic leader overthorow the Shah, they came to our rescue again and overthorw him. To be honest I am tierd of being rescued.

posted on May, 15 2005 @ 08:04 PM
link   
You dont really live in Iran do you?

posted on May, 16 2005 @ 10:34 AM
link   

Originally posted by Sep
I believe grand ayatollah montazeri has passed a decree declaring that after Khamenei no other Muslim may become the Velayate faghih. Since there are two people in Iran eligable to become the leader of Iran I'd say that is possible because, one of them was born in Iraq therefore he cannot be elected and the second one is Montazeri who doesnt want to be elected.

And to the man who said "we are waiting to be rescued", every time there has been a "rescuing" we have gone from bad to worst. The British helped Reza Khan come to power and pretty much destroy our parliamenary system, then when he was reforming the country they overthrow him in favour of his weak son, and then when finally a democratic leader overthorow the Shah, they came to our rescue again and overthorw him. To be honest I am tierd of being rescued.

Ok Sep I just think we have to agree to disagree. You can choose to see the past however you want. Or however it suits your agenda I should say?

Are you saying that prior to Reza shah Iran was this advanced heaven free of religious naive population who had not been kept in darkness through the cruelty of Religious Islam???????

The fact that Reza shah had sided with Nazi Hitler conveniently left your argument!!!! or his son was removed by a man who could have/ would have delivered Iran into Communist Russia????? What about all the positives that came from the cultural interaction between Iranians and English/Americans.

And to people who say Iran is a safe heaven, I have only one thing to say. Either you are with the regime and stand to benefit from the status qua or you are just plane religious, simple minded and naive.

posted on May, 16 2005 @ 12:47 PM
link   
Just an opening note, everyone stick to the topic, possible peaceful revolution in Iran, not other posters in other threads, or posters in this thread.

Originally posted by zurvan
first of all who talked about a Zoroastrian uprising????

You are zoroasterian are you not? I made the 'jump' to mean that you'd like to see the invaders out of power.

This would mean that Iran would have an "elected government" with free elections.

Fair enough.

Secondly Zoroastrians were not fire worshipers!

Ha, yes, I am aware, apoligies, I intended no offense. I've seen zoroasterians refered to as such and intended it in a tongue-in-cheek sort of way.

I do think, however, that the Zoroasterians represent a good population from which an anti-government revolution can occur, perhaps, something like the Orange revolution in the Ukraine, starting over oppression of the Zoroasterians, perhaps at the next big religious festival they can oppose the government crack down. Solidarity with them on the part of the islamic (and of course christian, jewish, et al) moderates within Iran would be the 'legitimatizing and expansion' phase of this revolution and the only thing that can make it 'peaceful' (ie, the government isn't going to fight against the bulk of its own population). I can't imagine the the Revolutionary Guard and whatnot aren't going to get violent over it tho if its not widely popular.

xmotex
I don't think the Zoroastrians are growing in numbers either, but the opposite.

The reports i have heard have been that they are undergoing a revival, and I am sure that they accept converts. By practicing their rites and religion more openly, they might be encouraging others to practice it more openly, and thus 'hidden' zoroasterians might become more apparent.

posted on May, 16 2005 @ 03:04 PM
link   
Theres a Zoroastrian on another forum I frequent who claimed that Zoroastrianism forbids conversions from other religions. You have to be born into it. I don't really know beyond that though, I have to admit I never looked around to confirm it, so it's hearsay, though from someone I conside a reliable source.

What it may be is that as the fanaticism among Iranian Muslims has ebbed with time, Zoroastrians in Iran no longer have to practice their beliefs in secret.

posted on May, 16 2005 @ 06:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by zurvan
Muslems are not welcome in Iran and that is the final point!!!!!! I mean there are quite welcome to live there as long as they keep their beliefs to themselves

Iran is a large muslim natiion ( like it or not
)
who are you to say muslims arent welcome there when they make up a larger poppulation there ( your kind prob make up 1/20000 )

its more like should your type be welcome there

i even doubt your persion or any where from Iran

[edit on 16-5-2005 by bodrul]

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join