It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Cuba 'Plane Bomber' Was Paid by CIA

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 12 2005 @ 11:52 AM
link   
You are either with us or with the terrorists

You know how they say one man's terrorist is another man's freedom fighter? Here's a case that exemplifies that. BBC news reports that recently declassified US government documents reveal that a man suspected of involvement in the bombing of a Cuban passenger plane worked for the CIA. Venezuela is in the process of trying to extradite Luis Posada Carriles from Miami. What will the US government do about this? Will they harbor a known terrorist, or will they hand him over?

Cuba 'Plane Bomber'
Was CIA Agent
BBC News
5-12-5

Declassified US government documents show that a man suspected of involvement in the bombing of a Cuban passenger plane worked for the CIA.

Luis Posada Carriles, a Cuban-born Venezuelan and anti-Castro dissident, was an agent and informer.

The papers also reveal that an FBI informer "all but admitted" that Mr Posada was one of those behind the 1976 bombing that killed 73 people.

Mr Posada, who denies any involvement, is said to be seeking asylum in the US.
www.rense.com...

[edit on 19-09-2003 by EastCoastKid]

posted on May, 12 2005 @ 12:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by EastCoastKid

You know how they say one man's terrorist is another man's freedom fighter? Here's a case that exemplifies that. BBC news reports that recently declassified US government documents reveal that a man suspected of involvement in the bombing of a Cuban passenger plane worked for the CIA. Venezuela is in the process of trying to extradite Luis Posada Carriles from Miami. What will the US government do about this? Will they harbor a known terrorist, or will they hand him over?

Cuba 'Plane Bomber'
Was CIA Agent
BBC News
5-12-5

Declassified US government documents show that a man suspected of involvement in the bombing of a Cuban passenger plane worked for the CIA.

Luis Posada Carriles, a Cuban-born Venezuelan and anti-Castro dissident, was an agent and informer.

The papers also reveal that an FBI informer "all but admitted" that Mr Posada was one of those behind the 1976 bombing that killed 73 people.

Mr Posada, who denies any involvement, is said to be seeking asylum in the US.
www.rense.com...

since he bomb the plane, he should be returned to Cuba. the U.S. gov should deny his asylum.

posted on May, 12 2005 @ 12:13 PM
link   
That's the question, alright. They're stuck between a rock and hard place on this one. The guy's a friendly (to the US), but if they don't give him up, they're harboring a terrorist (according to Bush).

posted on May, 12 2005 @ 08:45 PM
link   

That's the question, alright. They're stuck between a rock and hard place on this one. The guy's a friendly (to the US), but if they don't give him up, they're harboring a terrorist (according to Bush).

It will be interesting to see - but I got 10-Bucks that says the US government will do nothing about it - and that very little will be reported in mainstream news... This is sooo hypocritical of the US aswell...

But if I were to be optimistic - I would hope that the world sees the US as the greedy hypocritical bully it is...

posted on May, 12 2005 @ 09:20 PM
link   
Rense is looked down upon as a source so many will not even go to the link.

Here's the Natonal Security Archive documents on the case:
LUIS POSADA CARRILES
THE DECLASSIFIED RECORD

posted on May, 13 2005 @ 11:31 AM
link   
Rense is just reporting what was reported by the BBC. Don't shoot the messanger.

posted on May, 13 2005 @ 12:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by sensfan
Rense is just reporting what was reported by the BBC. Don't shoot the messanger.

exactly. Anyone dumb enuff to not see the SOURCE doesn't deserve to know what's going on anyway.

Let me say this for the 8 millionth time, RENSE is a compendium site. It consists of news articles, analysis, personal posts, letters to Rense, etc. from mainstream sources to the obscure. Rense has nothing to do with the content submitted. This criticizm of the RENSE site is nothing more than a pathetic attempt to steer people away from information you will not see in the mainstream US press. Do not fall for this blatant disinformation. See for yourself. If you are not comfortable with a source provided, discard it. It's as simple as that.

posted on May, 14 2005 @ 07:22 PM
link   

Oh wow...a Rense link....it must be true huh?...

I can't imagine why anyone would post something like this and have as a back up a Rense link...

You should have posted the original link and not a link from Rense... anyone dumb enough to be posting a Rense link instead of a more credible source should not make the disclaimer of "Deny ignorance"...

BTW, if you read the other link it shows that this man could have worked by himself, even thou he worked for the CIA.... How many Cuban communists have infiltrated the CIA and other government agencies?.... Are you saying these people are also paid by the CIA to infiltrate and use the CIA and other government agencies so they can spy and give information to the communists working for castro?.....

[edit on 14-5-2005 by Muaddib]

posted on May, 14 2005 @ 07:30 PM
link   
Here is the BBC link:

www.bbc.co.uk...

posted on May, 14 2005 @ 08:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by Muaddib

Oh wow...a Rense link....it must be true huh?...

I can't imagine why anyone would post something like this and have as a back up a Rense link...

You should have posted the original link and not a link from Rense... anyone dumb enough to be posting a Rense link instead of a more credible source should not make the disclaimer of "Deny ignorance"...

BTW, if you read the other link it shows that this man could have worked by himself, even thou he worked for the CIA.... How many Cuban communists have infiltrated the CIA and other government agencies?.... Are you saying these people are also paid by the CIA to infiltrate and use the CIA and other government agencies so they can spy and give information to the communists working for castro?.....

Did you even read the thread? We have several posts before yours stating that the source is the BBC and that Rense was just hosting the article. Yet you had to jump in and pull the whole "OMG RENSE BLAH BLAH" routine. I don't mind if you like to make yourself look stupid, but it happens so often here that we must draw the line somewhere. Rense has as much credibility as ATSNN in terms of posting articles. Because they both take them from sources and do not produce the articles themselves. At what stage do you think you might finally understand this?

posted on May, 14 2005 @ 08:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by cargo

Did you even read the thread? We have several posts before yours stating that the source is the BBC and that Rense was just hosting the article. Yet you had to jump in and pull the whole "OMG RENSE BLAH BLAH" routine. I don't mind if you like to make yourself look stupid, but it happens so often here that we must draw the line somewhere. Rense has as much credibility as ATSNN in terms of posting articles. Because they both take them from sources and do not produce the articles themselves. At what stage do you think you might finally understand this?

First off.. keep the insults out of the discussions, and obviously you did not read what i posted.... I think if you read again what i posted, i clearly stated that the original poster should have given a more reliable link instead of giving Rense as his source....and i don't think that Rense is that reliable, he might have some articles that are based on facts, just like the India Daily, but there are many articles of his that are nothing more than wild claims and theories with nothing much to back those claims.

I have used India daily before in some articles because I actually though that they were more reliable than Rense, but after seen some of the articles they have provided as of late, I realize that India daily is not as reliable as i thought previously.

If I used the word Idiot in my first response in this thread is because the poster decided to be a smartass and claimed that anyone who doesn't see Rense as a reliable source instead of the sham he is, that this person must be dumb....

Quite a few people in these forums seem very inclined to use insults instead of relying on "intelligent argument" for some reason....

posted on May, 14 2005 @ 08:45 PM
link   
What insults?

There was no point in you posting about Rense at all because before you chimed in the source was already established to be the BBC. But you had to do it anyway. Had to put down the poster. Do you need to be spoon fed the source? Or do you think you could have discovered it for yourself through the Rense link?

If my observation that you make yourself look stupid by doing this is perceived to be an insult by you, how about you stop doing it? It doesn't say you are stupid, it says you make yourself look stupid. That is easily fixed.

posted on May, 14 2005 @ 08:48 PM
link   
BTW, i find it ironic that so many people in these forums believe anything that the communist regime of castro says. Those allegations were done by castro and his regime, that posada blew the airliner. the communist regime of castro is known for the lies it proclaims quite frequently and for really threatening and jailing people who even though have not done any violent acts against the Cuban government have been activists trying to restore freedom in Cuba from the communist and oppressive regime of castro.

Need i remind everyone who is posting in here who was it that downed the American airplanes which were part of the Cuban-American group Hermanos al Rescate who usually have flown over international waters and were brought down by Cuban migs... Now communists and other communsits sympathizers are blaming once again this on the US and are even trying to portray this group as if they were terrorists, which is a lie. The two planes brought down by the Cuban government were civilian aircraft, and were not armed at all....

The Cuban government is one of deceptions and lies, and if you want to find out whether or not the Cuban govenrment has been spying on the US and infiltrating their agents on the US just do a goggle search on "Cuban spies in the US."

posted on May, 14 2005 @ 08:56 PM
link   

What insults?

Oh, should I call you from now on Idiot?

If that is not an insult for you, that's fine, I'll call you idiot from now on.

or perhaps i should call you, "youseemtobeanidiot"

posted on May, 14 2005 @ 09:51 PM
link   
that is a drop in the ocean.. usa had THOUSANDS attempts of assassinations in cuba

posted on May, 14 2005 @ 11:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by Hellraiser
that is a drop in the ocean.. usa had THOUSANDS attempts of assassinations in cuba

In the past the US has tried to assessinate castro, and there have been Cuban-Americans who have also tried to kill the sob of castro, but you think that castro and his regime has not tried the same tactics on the US presidents and even on it's own people?....

It was the tactics of fidel and Che to kill the oposition even if they were peacefully declaring their oposition against the communist regime. castro, che and the rest of the revolutionaries were/are nothing more than murderers of the people who didn't want anything to do with the communist regime once they realized what castro was doing.

castro and che had to take out, as in Saddam's style, many of their own military personel because they saw what the sobs were doing to Cuba and it's people and these military people were turning against castro.

Now all these communist revolutionaries are viewed by a bunch of couch potato communists, who have never experienced and seen what a communist regime does to a country and its people, as the saviours of the world..... What a bunch of crap.....

posted on May, 15 2005 @ 12:17 AM
link   
How about what capitalist regimes have done to their countries huh? Shining lights like Pinochet Hussein Idi Amin. I've heard our support for Saddam justified because the "times were different" because we were fighting communism. Please explain to me how communism is so bad that regimes like this are allowed to flourish? I thought the whole reason communism was bad was because it was against "freedom" well so were these guys so whats the difference huh?

God the moment communism gets brought up its like a knee jerk reaction from certain people that everything associated with it must be evil and everything associated with capitalism is by default good. You dont even bothering weighing in on the topic at hand you just come in and trash the source of the article which has already been established as not being the souce but a compendium of news sources. Do you even have an opinion on the fact that this monster was supported by the CIA and may be granted defacto amnesty by the US? I suppose it doesnt matter that he was responsible for multiple terrorist attacks in your opinion I mean the people killed were only commies right? All's fair when your fighting that great pox on the face of the earth communism after all.

posted on May, 15 2005 @ 08:52 AM
link   

Now all these communist revolutionaries are viewed by a bunch of couch potato communists, who have never experienced and seen what a communist regime does to a country and its people, as the saviours of the world..... What a bunch of crap.....

You have voted Muaddib for the Way Above Top Secret award. You have two more votes this month.

Thanks to Fidel, Cuba is a wonderful place. When you go there, the people are so friendly. They invite you over for dinner, cook a wonderful meal with exciting conversation. Afterwards, you are presented a bill for the meal like a restaurant would. You find out very quickly that EVERYTHING is for sale there. If Mr Castro has made the place better, I would hate to have seen it BEFORE he moved in.

Excellent post Muaddib

posted on May, 19 2005 @ 08:41 AM
link   

i don't think that Rense is that reliable

Cargo is absolutely right. If you are intelligent enough to know the difference between garbage propaganda/wild conjecture and solid information, Rense can be a good site. There are quite a number of true gems there hiding between the tin foil hat crap. Like the BBC article sourced. You're not gonna find stuff like that in the US mainstream media. So you see, the disinfo agents want you to believe the site is unreliable. God help us if you actually see some real, unfiltered news and analysis.

posted on May, 19 2005 @ 10:17 AM
link   
you people
unbelievable i tell you.

rense shouldn't even be an issue here.. You could have easily found all the information and conspiracy relating this case right here on ATS. there are tons of links within each thread showing both sides of the issues.

Terrorist Suspect Seeks Asylum in the US

and

Wanted Terrorist Came to US thru Mexican Border

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join