It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Explosive situation in Yellowstone

page: 11
<< 8  9  10    12  13  14 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 18 2003 @ 06:32 PM
link   
I have been watching this thread for quite a while and I must admit that Yellowstone is SCARY. How many of you have some sort of prediction or guess as to how long you think it will be, based on all of this activity?? Should I think in terms of years, days, or centuries?

posted on Sep, 18 2003 @ 08:42 PM
link   
"They have told me between the period of August 16th and December 15th 2003, there is a strong potential for natural disasters on a "grand scale". A specific type, time (as in a particular day), or place was not given. What was said is it will take the form of earthquakes, volcanos, fires, and floods."

COULD YELLOWSTONE BE IT???

users.skynet.be...

posted on Sep, 18 2003 @ 10:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by lurkinginthecorner
I have been watching this thread for quite a while and I must admit that Yellowstone is SCARY. How many of you have some sort of prediction or guess as to how long you think it will be, based on all of this activity?? Should I think in terms of years, days, or centuries?

We are actually working on that in the Yellowstone Project thread.

Well, the science of eruption predictions isnt exactly a science, but I will say that it IS a matter or WHEN, NOT if.

Now, USGS will tell you (and to an extent they are correct) that an "immenent" eruption can be tomorrow, or 100 years from now.

However, when you take into account the recent seismic activity, and the fact that it is obviously in an upward trend, which was a known predictor for numerous volcanic eruptions. Also, the MASSIVE increase in geothermal pressure and temperatures, known mass movements ect, SOMETHING big is happening underground, and the ONLY energy source large enough to drive all of this is the magma chamber....

And when that gets active, it is time for insurance companies to get very nervous....

posted on Sep, 19 2003 @ 01:20 AM
link   
Here is another update.

www.solcomhouse.com...

Falcon

posted on Sep, 19 2003 @ 04:21 AM
link   
Don't know if any of you have been to this guys site.

The future ?

But he has been talking about supervolocanes for a while now.

posted on Sep, 19 2003 @ 12:18 PM
link   
On a totally seemingly unrelated post made by Helen670, I would like to throw in something that could have portent to this discussion:

Mayan Elders Message of Warning

The tribal leaders name is Don Jacinto Patsan. He is of the 'Mam' tribe in Huehuetenango, Guatemala. It was delivered directly to Adam Rubel of Seq' Be' on Wednesday via Mayan Ajq'ij Carlos Barrios, also from Huehuetenango. Then delivered to me Thursday "on air" during our interview via Carlos Barrios and Don Jacinto Patsan's request.

They have told me between the period of August 16th and December 15th 2003, there is a strong potential for natural disasters on a "grand scale". A specific type, time (as in a particular day), or place was not given. What was said is it will take the form of earthquakes, volcanos, fires, and floods.

Before I continue, a reminder to all, just because I say it with passion and conviction, does not make it "the truth". It only makes it "my truth". It is because I have faith in the source and integrity of the Elders who have handed this knowledge to me, that I bring this to you. Perhaps one of the most powerful objective methods of integrity is a "track record". So I would suggest it may be wise to give this a more conservative 'wait and see' approach prior to acceptance.

For the Mayan tradition, life and spirituality revolves around their sacred calendars. To them, there is no difference from time and space. The Mayan's refer to as Najt (time-space). By understanding the various Mayan calendars, they are able to look into the spiral of the Najt and make predictions with great accuracy about the future. One of these ancient predictions relates to the upcoming period between August 16th and December 15th, 2003. Don Jacinto Patsan from the 'Mam' tribe in the highlands of Huehuetenango in Guatemala, brought forth this prophecy because it is important for humanity to understand at this time.

What Don Jacinto and the Elders want us to know is this spiral of Najt is not totally ridged and inflexible. We humans poses the capacity to influence this spiral, and have the power to affect in either a positive or negative way. We may do better to not think of this in terms of black and white, rather in shades of gray. The elders say the most important things are unity and "balance". It may be wise to maintain our focus during this tumultuous period.

Take or leave it...

posted on Sep, 20 2003 @ 09:03 PM
link   
I am currently working on gathering images for the Yellowstone SuperCaldera project. I have ran on to something that I felt I should share on this thread.

First thing is, it appears that they have had the International Space Station focusing on photographing the Yellowstone area here lately...hmmm, interesting coincidence, huh?

Check out the following pic from the ISS, it is of a smoke plume close to Hebgen Lake, WY.

eol.jsc.nasa.gov...

First thought is, what's the smoke plume? You've got to remember this is being shot from the ISS...that's a big plume!

NOTE: This pic was taken August 26, 2003!!! (had an error in this statement before)

Second thing to share is that I did a search on Hebgen Lake. Check out what I've learned:

www.seis.utah.edu...

neic.usgs.gov...

www.johnmartin.com...

...for a few.

I find this very interesting and would really like to know if the smoke plume is connected to the geologic changes taking place.

[Edited on 21-9-2003 by Valhall]

posted on Sep, 20 2003 @ 10:52 PM
link   
Val,

Excellent detective work! A mag 7.3 is a BIG quake in anyones books... And worst part is, it indicates an obvious fault associated with seismic shocks...

I am very interested in the cause of that smoke plume... as you mentioned, that is a good sized plume, and it is interesting that the ISS is paying such attention to Yellowstone right about now...

We do know that part of the park was shut down due to forrest fires... but I dont recall that we ever found any documentation of the exact cause of that forrest fire... Also, that is a point source for the smoke plume... a forrest fire would generally cover a larger area...

posted on Sep, 21 2003 @ 01:08 AM
link   
News article (not full post)

YELLOWSTONE SUPER-VOLCANO THREAT - Dr. Bruce Cornet and others are warning that an eruption of a volcano could occur. Volcanologists calculate that in parts of Yellowstone the ground has risen over seventy centimeters this century, and parts of the park are now off limits to tourists. Scientists have revealed that Yellowstone Park has been on a regular eruption cycle of 600,000 years. The last eruption was 640,000 years ago…so the next is overdue. The next eruption could be 2,500 times the size of the 1980 Mount St. Helens eruption. Fish are floating dead in the streams, and the lake is closed.� There is a very strong smell of sulfur that is often a sign of the impending� eruption of a volcano. Animals are migrating out of the area and� new geysers and mud pots are springing up daily. Ground temperature often reaches 200 degrees and earthquakes are occurring regularly.

www.solcomhouse.com...

posted on Sep, 21 2003 @ 01:11 AM
link   
The only thing explosive is this thread!

posted on Sep, 21 2003 @ 01:17 AM
link   
Well, it is encouraging that a geologist is finally stepping forward to speak on the potential geohazards and the likelihood of eruption on this subject.

However, it is certainly not a good thing that this only reinforces the likelihood of something that could fundamentally change the human race in a very negative fashion...

I notice that these types of reports such as this are few and far between. I am willing to bet that USGS geologists risk taking thier careers in thier hands by going public in such articles, but I am hoping that there will be more defectors such as this.

posted on Sep, 21 2003 @ 01:27 AM
link   
YELLOWSTONE NATIONAL PARK, Wyo. (AP) - Geothermal activity is increasing in a Yellowstone National Park geyser basin and the bottom of Yellowstone Lake is bulging, but scientists say there is no impending major eruption.

If the park were ready to blow its top, there would be several signs that magma was moving toward the surface, and earthquakes would be more frequent and stronger. The ground, while often rising and falling in Yellowstone, would most likely gradually rise and the chemistry of many geysers would change.

www.journalnet.com...

Lets review some facts, shall we?

Large geothermally driven bulge under Yellowstone Lake.
Apparent fishkills in yellowstone lake.
Mass animal migrations out of Yellowstone (keep in mind that wildlife is a very important indicator to seismic activity)
Average ground surface bulging up to 70 cm in a year.
Bare ground temperatures in excess of 200 degrees f.
Water temperature in yellowstone lake (normally constant temp due to year round springs) rising up to 30-40 degrees above normal.
Recent spate of Magnitude 3-4 earthquakes centered in or near Yellowstone Park.

Well, I will just let the facts speak for themselves...

posted on Sep, 21 2003 @ 01:43 AM
link   
From a social perpsective an explosion like this may be good for america. The war in Iraq and Bush would become very unpopular if a volcanoe exploded in the US. No way around it. It would also stop whatever Cabal/NWO there was by disrupting communications and control over the population. It'd be back to square one for all of us.

posted on Sep, 21 2003 @ 01:59 AM
link   

Originally posted by ktprktpr
From a social perpsective an explosion like this may be good for america. The war in Iraq and Bush would become very unpopular if a volcanoe exploded in the US. No way around it. It would also stop whatever Cabal/NWO there was by disrupting communications and control over the population. It'd be back to square one for all of us.

Im not sure that you quite grasp the potential scale of a supercaldera eruption:

If Yellowstone goes off on a scale of the Toba eruption, there is a very good possibility that 3/4 of the population of North America will die within 72 hours.

And evidence suggests that some of Yellowstones previous eruptions were far greater that Toba.

I agree, there wouldnt be much to worry about from the government. But I dont think it would be back to square one... there is a very real possibility that it may be our exit stage left as a species...

posted on Sep, 21 2003 @ 07:08 AM
link   
Just found this article, sorry if you have already used it but I don't have time to go through all the threads to look for it.

exodus2006.com...

Reader reports and items which we have picked up off news groups are sounding pretty scary. Areas are being closed off, there are reports of dead animals and even fish are reported dying off in large numbers. Against this background, the USGS says there is an increase in government monitoring, such as a recent news release that says in part:

"In response to notably increased heat and steam
emissions in parts of Norris Geyser Basin, the
Yellowstone Volcano Observatory will deploy a
temporary network of seismographs, Global
Positioning System (GPS) receivers, and temperature
loggers. The temporary deployment is intended to
document chemical and physical signals that
accompany this increased activity, to identify the
underground locations of hydrothermal steam sources
and the relationship of the Norris geyser basin to the
background general seismicity, and crustal
deformation of the Yellowstone caldera. It may also
detect any precursory signals to geyser eruptions and
hydrothermal explosions.

A reader sends in this interesting compilation, which augments other reports we have had:

"fish are floating dead in the streams, and the lake is closed. A very

strong smell of H2SO4 (sulfur) People were leaving due to smell --- He also

mentioned that the Seismo sites had been shut down" and "there is a large

dead zone of animals and vegetation. Immediately outside this dead zone,

vegetation has stopped growing and animals are migrating out of the area.

New geysers and mud pots are springing up daily. You can physically see the

ground bulging up, not only at Yellowstone Lake, but in several places in

the park" enclosed are 2 brief reports on this matter.

posted on Sep, 21 2003 @ 07:22 AM
link   
John, thanks. No this had not been shared. On this note, I realize that many on the board don't have religious beliefs or hold the words of the Bible to be of importance, but many scholars of eschatology (prophecy) contend that the biblical prophecies (i.e. in particular The Revelation) do not refer to the U.S. but in passing. For years I have pondered over this. How can a super power (especially when the signs of the prophecies being fulfilled are NOW) not be mentioned in a global political/military scenario?

Could it be that the Yellowstone SuperCaldera is the answer for why we are so absent in the end-time prophecies? Just food for thought.

Thanks for sharing!

posted on Sep, 21 2003 @ 07:29 AM
link   
That's an interesting point Val, your right. Either the US is not mentioned because it wont be there anymore at the end or predictions are bull#. I'm still sceptical on furture predictions.

posted on Sep, 21 2003 @ 08:47 AM
link   
A little more insite on the Hebgen Lake connection:

quake.wr.usgs.gov...

posted on Sep, 21 2003 @ 09:15 AM
link   
Wouldn't it be better for the US to have most of it's military out of the country when and if this all happens?

posted on Sep, 26 2003 @ 07:34 AM
link   
Seems somewhat excitable today.
www.seis.utah.edu...
As does Mt.Sheridan.
www.seis.utah.edu...
Why do these seismos cut off at certain times?,how does this data relate to locations relative to events and time?.
Anything new on Japan?,how does the exact time of this event correlate to the events on this area of the world?,I haven't looked into the time relation between yellowstone and the Japan event,are they close?.

[Edited on 26-9-2003 by uNBaLaNCeD]

top topics

<< 8  9  10    12  13  14 >>

join