It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Is it time to take up arms?

page: 5
<< 2  3  4   >>

join
share:

posted on May, 17 2005 @ 01:53 AM
link   
First of all thank you for your service to our country ROMAD. If you are ever in the Pacific Northwest I'd be happy to buy you a beer or guide you on a hike etc.

Well, I definitely don't see myself as treasonous, but you probably know better than I that our country was started by a group of men who were treasonous to their homeland. I think there's just lots of venting here though & I doubt any TM types would be dumb enough to post at a site like this where there's such a wide array of viewpoints. Besides, being a conspiracy site it’s likely mirrored by some working in the same building as you. Of course we wouldn't be venting on a public site if we didn't have free speech.

I see it more as a place we all run our current thoughts or ideas by one another & hopefully walk away learning something new by reading other folks points of view. I find myself doing searches for terms & subject just to keep up with some threads and learning new things all the time. It's addicting. Even if you don't want to see other points of view if you stick around long enough eventually you do.

Yeah - I think most of us understand many of the world bankers are where much of the evil probably lies. I'm surprised you mentioned that though as that's probably not too good for your career either. I don't believe all the ultra wealthy are evil though.

"The Golden Rule" - He who holds the gold makes the rules

Like it or not we have to deal with it.

[edit on 17-5-2005 by outsider]

posted on May, 17 2005 @ 07:37 AM
link   
Yes absolutely it's time to take up arms - all we have to do is decide who we're going to use them against. I think it's neo-con zionists, they think it's me.

It's not the answer - it rarely is

posted on May, 17 2005 @ 08:44 AM
link   

Originally posted by CTID56092
Yes absolutely it's time to take up arms - all we have to do is decide who we're going to use them against. I think it's neo-con zionists, they think it's me.

It's not the answer - it rarely is

yeah Timothy McVeigh try to take up arms, it didnt do to well u know

posted on May, 17 2005 @ 09:42 AM
link   

Originally posted by outsider
First of all thank you for your service to our country ROMAD. If you are ever in the Pacific Northwest I'd be happy to buy you a beer or guide you on a hike etc.

Well, I definitely don't see myself as treasonous, but you probably know better than I that our country was started by a group of men who were treasonous to their homeland. I think there's just lots of venting here though & I doubt any TM types would be dumb enough to post at a site like this where there's such a wide array of viewpoints. Besides, being a conspiracy site it’s likely mirrored by some working in the same building as you. Of course we wouldn't be venting on a public site if we didn't have free speech.

I see it more as a place we all run our current thoughts or ideas by one another & hopefully walk away learning something new by reading other folks points of view. I find myself doing searches for terms & subject just to keep up with some threads and learning new things all the time. It's addicting. Even if you don't want to see other points of view if you stick around long enough eventually you do.

Yeah - I think most of us understand many of the world bankers are where much of the evil probably lies. I'm surprised you mentioned that though as that's probably not too good for your career either. I don't believe all the ultra wealthy are evil though.

"The Golden Rule" - He who holds the gold makes the rules

Like it or not we have to deal with it.

[edit on 17-5-2005 by outsider]

Good point. It just burns me when I see folks saying things that can get them in trouble and not caring that they are being looked at and it may have consequences they did not count on. As for the beer, I drink Natural Lite (yeah I'm cheap but it gets a good buzz going:cool
so I would be an inexpensive friend to have around and you'd have to get used to semi-flavored alcohol. I really enjoy nature though and maybe if I make it back to your state I'll take you up on the offer. I am heading back to D.C. in hope of getting in on the IT opportunity there. My clearance should get me in the door and the time I spent can make me some money at last.

As for the rest you folks. Be very cautious about where and how you post. This government (like it or not) is looking to make people accountable for thier actions (verbal or otherwise). A bit of caution is advised unless it is made with a diclaimer of "I am just venting" or some such.

posted on May, 18 2005 @ 08:39 AM
link   

Originally posted by outsider

Originally posted by Ungoliath
well what do you think the second amendment was created for?...

Precisely what it says, "A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed"

This
Article sums up the intent of the second amendment & why it was created pretty well.

resistance with the weapons americans are permitted to own would indeed be futile

While you are entitled to believe "resistance is futile" I don't subscribe to that belief, nor does Captain Picard
. Have you ever seen the movie "Red Dawn?". That might give you a little better idea about what my viewpoint is and why I don't always subscribe to the idea that the better-equipped force will win. I would give other obvious examples of more recent history based on reality instead of a fictional movie, but that might take this thread off on a tangent that I don't want to start.

[edit on 16-5-2005 by outsider]

Outsider, I agree.
And more ideas n proof how citizens could still whup the US goverment forces:

1. All the modern technology still needs fuel. All the Federal Goverment soldiers still need food, and drinking water.

2. Mess up the fuel supply, or the food supply, or the fresh water supply, and all the modern super tech weapons mean nothing!

3. A citizen force that doesnt rely on tanks, that engages in hit n run warfare, that lives off the land, that uses "simpler" weapons (less attention needed to keep em working.) could win.

4. Citizens easily outnumber US forces.

5. Last item, citizens would be fighting for a stronger, deeper, reason. Which also gives an edge. (Famous civil war battle, a smaller army ran from a bigger army. The smaller army got to a river too wide to cross and was forced to fight, and ended up winning! LOLOL!)

The current problem is the current citizens have no spine, arent willing do die for the cause. 1 person can rule 1 million people forever if none of the 1 million people are willing to risk getting killed to over throw the 1 person.

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

And to the rest of you, Tim McVeigh ISNT the poster boy for taking up arms vs the goverment. He was a mind controled zombie used by the goverment to make an excuse to further cut back citizens rights to bear arms, and to make the militia movement look like a bunch of racist, redneck, uneducated, doofus, losers. I still cringe when Barbara Walters did her special on TM and the militia movement "This is whiteman's country!" she almost yells as she comments. Too bad she didn't know the tresurer of the militia was a Black American guy.

The guy at Ruby Ridge, would be the best example to use as a poster boy for the right to bear arms. For taking up arms vs the US goverment. The goverment sent 400 agents to kill him and his family, his wife, baby, and 14yr old son! Why? Cuz they were a self sufficient family, law abiding, family, who owned some guns.

David Koresh in Waco, TX, was also self sufficient, and owned guns. This is the main reason the US goverment sent armed men, and tanks, to kill him, his followers, and all their kids. Even though they could've easily picked him up when he regularly drove into town.
Only problem (with me) is he was using religion to help control his followers. IMHO religion is a scam. I don't believe in any religion, or church, but I do believe we were created and designed by a higher being or higher beings.

So follow the example of the guy in Ruby Ridge. Become self sufficient. You need more than guns and weapons to take on the goverment. You need your own water supply, food supply. That doesnt rely on anyone else to deliver it. And be ready for 400 or more Goverment Agents to come and try to kill you. And be ready to die to kill them back!
It'd also help to have more members on your side than just yourself and your family heheheh.

[edit on 18-5-2005 by OpenSecret2012]

posted on May, 18 2005 @ 08:59 AM
link   

Originally posted by ROMAD
As for the rest you folks. Be very cautious about where and how you post. This government (like it or not) is looking to make people accountable for thier actions (verbal or otherwise). A bit of caution is advised unless it is made with a diclaimer of "I am just venting" or some such.

I agree with ROMAD on this one. Use your noodle. Times have changed people this is not the 60's. You'd be surprised how being a pimple in the system will make yur life chaos for years. You don't want any of it believe me. This is not scare tactics, just saying, don't make threats that involve national security as they must be investigated if reported or viewed. Anti-Bush rhetoric and anti-Iraq comments are free speech as long as you don't cross the line saying you wish to support insurgents, logistically, or make threats against hard or soft targets.

One more thing this forum is gleaned top to bottom.

posted on May, 20 2005 @ 12:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by xpert11

Is it time to take up arms?

Fools now I know americans have been brainwashed into thinking guns prevent crime but only suicidal, metally challenged or mentally deranged people would start a civil war in the USA. The belief that guns are needed to prevent the government from going bad is a lie hand guns and so called assualt weapons are no match for the US military.

Remember 200yrs ago modern weaponary didn't exsit.

If there's enough rebellion, no amount of modern weaponry is going to stop the resistance. What are they going to do, nuke their own cities? You must have forgotten that the military is also made up of US citizens. If the rebellion is large enough, there could even be a lack of military drones. What's to stop infiltration? You can volunteer for the military, right?

posted on May, 21 2005 @ 09:13 AM
link   

Originally posted by Moe Foe
If there's enough rebellion, no amount of modern weaponry is going to stop the resistance. What are they going to do, nuke their own cities?

Yes, they would if it were deemed necessary. Similar behavior was witnessed during the civil war. Had Lincoln had nukes, I have no doubt he would have used them.

[edit on 21-5-2005 by spamandham]

posted on May, 21 2005 @ 02:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by spamandham

If there's enough rebellion, no amount of modern weaponry is going to stop the resistance. What are they going to do, nuke their own cities?

Yes, they would if it were deemed necessary. Similar behavior was witnessed during the civil war. Had Lincoln had nukes, I have no doubt he would have used them.

[edit on 21-5-2005 by spamandham]

The problem is, we're not separated north and south. How in the hell could you bomb just the opposing group? No offense, but I don't think you've thought about this.

posted on May, 22 2005 @ 08:41 AM
link   
I see quite few people here saying things along the lines of “Vote them out, don’t use guns!” But I believe Josef Stalin said it best when he quoted:

"Those who cast the votes decide nothing. Those who count the votes decide everything."

Then I’ve also seen a few people on the other side of the argument stating "Use guns, Revolt!” This is just as futile seeing as the people of your country have allowed those in power to allocate extreme amounts of money towards a continuingly bloated military budget, all in the name of "freedom".

Your military has enough power to put down 50 rebellions let alone 1, but don't worry it's all rubberstamped in your name, for your safety.

posted on May, 22 2005 @ 01:59 PM
link   
A majority of those in the military would also have to come to their senses, if they ever had any in the first place. Generally, the military isn't full of real brainiacs, though. They're more the drone type, who do what they're told, for the most part. They'd make good Nazis.

posted on May, 22 2005 @ 02:05 PM
link   

A majority of those in the military would also have to come to their senses, if they ever had any in the first place. Generally, the military isn't full of real brainiacs, though. They're more the drone type, who do what they're told, for the most part. They'd make good Nazis.

That's about as accurate as saying you live on mars. You want to see a real brainiac - look in the mirror.

posted on May, 22 2005 @ 02:15 PM
link   
Oh really? Please do elaborate then. What's not accurate?

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4   >>

join