It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Meditation and Astral Projection

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 8 2005 @ 02:21 AM
link   
I've read just about every post on this board regarding astral projection, chakras, etc, new and old.
From what I gather the first step in getting to that level is through meditation. I've never meditated before, or even thought to. I got my hands on an audio file which basically relaxes you and takes you into a different state. Basically teaching to meditate through self-hypnosis, in my opinion. Like I said it relaxes me to the point where I feel numb, but good at the same time. I picture my astral self leaving the body. My muscles tense up and twitch the entire time, which distracts me. My question is has this happened to anyone, or is it supposed to happen? If so, does one learn to ignore it through repetition?

Also, I'd be interested to hear how long it took or how much time was spent for some of you on here to be able to astrally project, if it didn't "just happen" to you like it does for some people.

posted on May, 8 2005 @ 05:37 AM
link   
I don't know if it's really supposed to happen through meditation. Meditation is more like a form of prayer, where (If you believe in him) GOD speaks into your mind giving answers to life. It's also a way to get in contact with your subconcious. Astral projection usually happens through sleeping, it's happened to me twice. For me it was pretty quick, I was floating in the sky, and I could see outer space. All I saw were stars. Then all of the sudden, it felt like someone grabbed my hair, and yanked me back into the earth. Thats when I woke up.

[edit on 8-5-2005 by Striker122]

posted on May, 8 2005 @ 09:04 AM
link   
what exactly is astral travel?

posted on May, 8 2005 @ 01:32 PM
link   
What you have experienced (the twitching of your muscles) is quite normal, from my experience. In me it meant that I was trying to go too fast. I was attempting to *push* the relaxation process too quickly, and my body was trying to play catch up with my mind.

At the start of my own personal journey, I was fortunate enough to be in contact with a lady who was very experienced with this. She would guide me through relaxation sessions with the soothing sound of her voice and well-chosen visualizations. After about nine months, I could achieve deep levels of relaxation on my own, and could lead others through relaxation sessions quite well.

About six more months after that I had my first -and last- conscious out of body experience attained through meditation practices. It was a little frightening, so I have shied away from pursuing that course since then.

I understand that you may not have anyone around to personally guide you. That’s o.k., just make sure that you do some very serious research into this before you go any further. What you are trying to do could have a negative psychological impact if you are not careful.

Wikipedia is a very good place to start. Here you will be able to learn more about the different types of meditation, and their purposes. It would be wise to consider your goals and determine what form of practice would be best for you.

Another very nice site that I have found is called “Learning Meditation“. This is one person’s experience and research on the matter. I believe that it may be very helpful to you.

Best of luck with your journey!

posted on May, 8 2005 @ 08:13 PM
link   
If you are now scared to do it, dont be. You probably had to conquer fear anyway to get to the projection state. Keep in mind anything you see in the astral cannot physically hurt you in any way. Using this logic, the only thing you have to fear is fear itself. AP can lead to a very profound spiritual discovery inside yourself. Never give up, it will be worth it once you can get over the fear. Good luck

posted on May, 10 2005 @ 11:58 AM
link   
Roadscholar,

What do you mean when you say what i'm trying to do could have a negative psychological impact?
My goals in doing this are to basically find myself on a spiritual level and figure out why I was put here.

I was never really the religious type. Still don't believe in religion, just God. But that's a story for a different time. Used to not believe in God till I was about 17-18 (20 now), but I had some things happen in my life and one day I just sat back and was like "whoa", someone has to be watching me, taking care of me. In my opinion I shouldn't even be here.

When I did start believing I talked to some people about different abilities, beliefs, whatever. Some of them were strangers, they'd walk up to me on the street saying they were drawn to me. Saying that I'd do something big, have an ability. Picture that,

What's funny though is I come back on here again after a year or 2 and everyone is talking about meditation, chakras, AP, and I'm finding all this information. Makes me feel like I was meant to see it. The other part of me is that same dude on the street laughing at those people who walked up to me out of the blue.

Either way, what I'm trying to do could only help me, or mabe not. Holla at me Roadscholar
I appreciate the reply.

posted on May, 10 2005 @ 07:50 PM
link   
It took me 3 months to learn a.p I found this website invaluble

www.astralvoyage.com

Also stick with the meditation, it will help in the long run as it increases your ability to clear your mind and focus.

posted on May, 10 2005 @ 10:03 PM
link   
Sorry, I wasn't trying to sound scary or mystical when I dropped that warning.

Any effort to find ourselves within ourselves will eventually bring us to confront our deepest darkest places.

Efforts to leave ourselves could bring us to confront certain issues before they’ve been properly dealt with.

Maybe that won't be as traumatic for you as it is for some, but I had no way to tell, so I thought I'd mention it.

From Wikipedia (where i keep my brain)
Predominantly, studies of meditation report positive effects. However some studies claim that Meditation might, in certain circumstances, have adverse effects.

Since the practice of meditation might include a powerful confrontation with existential questions it is not considered wise to engage in intense meditation techniques without an extended period of psychological preparation. Preferably in contact with a credible teacher or clinician.

O.K., now that that's been said, let's move on.

It sounds like you are interested in more than achieving the goal of astral projection…are you?

If you are, then I think that what you are doing here is a wonderful thing that will bring many benefits to your life. You have probably already discovered the simple joys of breathing. The...tranquility of focusing on our inhalation and exhalation....flowing with it. Passively viewing the parade of images that presents itself to our mind's eye...moving beyond that to a state of complete peace...is this a bit like what you are doing?

What are you doing anyway?

Vibrational stages are next, but if you're still twitching, you're probably not there yet!

I cannot overstress the virtue of patience in the practice of meditation. You just will not get there if you are trying to go faster than your body wants to go, and it will let you know. You’ll know when you get there, too.

One thing that I would like for you to know is that this is progressive. If you keep at it, you will one day no longer need to spend as much time in mental preparation to achieve the levels of relaxation that you seek. Once you have gotten used to what it feels like, it is easier for your mind to find it again.

I don’t mean to sound like an authority, I’m simply writing this to try to answer your question based on my own experience. There are probably others around here with a great deal more wisdom to share on this topic.

[edit on 10/5/05 by Roadscholar]

posted on May, 11 2005 @ 01:19 AM
link   
www.mysticweb.org...

if you still got problems getting it done try that site. friend of mine gathered a very big book work from there of info. a 9 week course with weekly excercises.

step 1 was to learn how to dream lucid and remembering the dreams.

i don't recall meditation being part of it. you don't need to meditate or anything to astral travel. i can do it in daily live by sitting in a chair and closing my mind. all that is required is to sit up with your back straight so the energies got a clear path through your body. relax and just slip out. meditation is a well know and used way to relax and do it easier.

you might start feeling a bit dizzy when you open your eyes again because thats because your astral body just got back in your physical body. you'll get used to it.

1 thing that really annoys me. people who can astral travel suddenly think they know soooo much. trust me, you still know very little no matter how many decades you've been astral traveling.

it's a great way to find balance in oneself

[edit on 11-5-2005 by Enyalius]

posted on May, 16 2005 @ 10:45 AM
link   

Originally posted by Roadscholar
It sounds like you are interested in more than achieving the goal of astral projection…are you?
moving beyond that to a state of complete peace...is this a bit like what you are doing?

What are you doing anyway?
[edit on 10/5/05 by Roadscholar]

Now that I think about it, I really don't know what i'm doing.

I lay back, focus on my breathing, and basically bring peace within myself. My thoughts jump back from seeing myself out of my body, to focusing on my third eye, to asking what my purpose is. Basically everything i've read on here regarding this subject I apply to my thoughts. Like I said I still feel like I don't know what i'm doing, bit it's all good because I feel good when doing it. I kind of feel like I have no foundation to base my thoughts or concentration. What did you use when you first started?

posted on May, 16 2005 @ 06:51 PM
link   
Is it at all possible to travel about the real world while APing? and if this is possible, would it be possible to interact with real world objects while APing? I would like to know if i would be able to AP to my friends house, and for instance, see what he is wearing, and be able to tell him what he had on the next day. If this is possible, then i would like to be able to roll a pen off of his desk, or something very simple while at his house... while i am APing..

Perhaps i am thinking about remote veiwing...??? Please Clarify

top topics

join