It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Energy or empathy or both?

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 2 2005 @ 05:57 PM
link   
Thanks Tau. I will try your last bit of advice. I have studied Wicca on my own and it didnt seem to fit me just right.
But you are right that I need to leave it up to the universe at large. Have a little faith.

posted on Jun, 2 2005 @ 06:14 PM
link   
I think you are discribing me. LOL
Along with other things not mentioned, you have discribed me (down to touching the BF to get him to sleep without problems)

I've been called an empath among other things. And I know I sense and put off/equalize energy.

You may want to look into healing work :-)

posted on Jun, 4 2005 @ 06:45 PM
link   
Sorry I haven't been around to reply -- just getting settled into a new apartment.

Originally posted by amarenell
Thanks Tau. I will try your last bit of advice. I have studied Wicca on my own and it didnt seem to fit me just right.
But you are right that I need to leave it up to the universe at large. Have a little faith.

I agree -- when the time is right, your path shall cross the one(s) who can help. Have some patience and your understanding of your abilities shall grow, Amarenell. We all grow and learn a little everyday through our experiences. Hang in there, and feel free to contact people who you feel may be helpful. Trust your feelings on this.

posted on Jun, 4 2005 @ 10:53 PM
link   
Thank you both AngelaLadyS and DemonHunter

Words of encouragement are always appreciated. I suppose I feel so out of sorts because I have yet to meet people in the physical world to talk to. I live in the deep South. (And to clarify, Florida is not considered part of the South, it is merely a sunnier New York.) Don't get me wrong, I know lots of nice, good people. They just haven't opened themselves to the possibilties surrounding us. I find myself in the position to open their worlds more than they help me with my own thinking.

Something Tau said that I think is an important distinction for us all is; when talking to the universe at large it is best to make a statement, instead of asking a question. Our thinking influences results and this helps to insure a better chance of success.

There are so many parts to life. One must make a living to support themselves and their journeys into different knowledge and paths. However, that making a living so often seems to numb one, at least me, to finding or experiencing that greater knowledge. It makes me question myself and my experiences. I know what I see and hear and then I share it with people and they seem to find it uninteresting. Mundane or insane.

It is so hard to "buck the system." Wake up, go to work, clean up, go to bed. Rinse and repeat. It is such a simple pattern to fall into, particularly when at the other salmon around you are also swimming upstream. And all the while knowing deep down that going downstream is better, easier, and more productive. That downstream is where your heart lies. I feel like I am trying to do both and I don't seem to be getting very far in either direction. Just really worn out.

I kind of just prattled on and on. Sorry 'bout that.

I do appreciate all the people who have been talking to me. This is the only place I talk to others about this.

I have to say I am kind of amazed that no one has had any questions about some of my experiences. It sort of delineates the readers of the paranormal forum. Either that or I am too ludicrous for a response.

posted on Jun, 6 2005 @ 08:38 AM
link   
We all have our own path to tread, amarenell. Sometimes that path will lead us to find others of like mind, and sometimes that path will lead us to solitude. What matters is how we react to these things, what we gain from them.

It definitely is difficult to break free of the confines of the system that governs our daily routines, I agree. I may keep different hours than most, working at night instead of during the day, yet the situation is still the same. Sleep, rise, shower, eat, work, eat, sleep, etc ad infinitum.

Sometimes our gifts are all we have to hold on to, and that's my best advice for you at this point. Hone your gifts, learn all you can about them, and be ready for the day when another gifted one crosses your path.

And by all means, share your thoughts, on this or other topics with any you feel comfortable chatting with, either in threads or elsewhere. We can all use all the support we can get.

posted on Jun, 9 2005 @ 12:03 PM
link   
LOL. I found myself pretty amazed in the beging - amazed that anyone would believe me --- then I would wonder if those who did believe me were nuts. LOL
I know I wouldn't believe if I hand't expereinced these things myself. Not only that, but stranger will tell me things that point to this as well - even though I am VERY QUIET about it. I live in the midwest - it's just like the south - very hush hush or your labled a nut by 1/2 the population and bothered by the other 1/2 none stop for every question you can imagine.

posted on Jun, 9 2005 @ 12:07 PM
link   
This seems a complex response. I can completely feel your frustration. It is a tough thing to figure out on ones own. There are several levels at work.
First is the big thing, Empathy. The ability to sense another person's problems or emotions. Second is Healing. The ability to absorb another person's pain, both physical and emotional. Third is Precognition. The ability to sense future events.

Any ONE of these gifts can be difficult to handle. All three make life very confusing. Believe me, I feel the pain. More often than I care to. One night when I was in college, I was walking back to my dorm from a friends. I got to this one point and was hit with a strong wave of fear. More like terror. And rage, and so many other emotions. I ran all the way back to my room, checked under the bed, in the closet everywhere then called my friend and wouldn't let her hang up for a little over an hour when the feeling finally went away. The next day I discovered that in that exact spot, 45 minutes after I had been there, a girl was raped.

Everyone has a trigger point. These are situations or group of people that you are very sensitive to, and lose your ability to remain objective about. For me it is battered women. For you it appears to be children. These are they ones that you should distance yourself from. Help them, just from a distance. I donate a lot of money to battered women shelters. I just don't go near them. Because I am too sensitive to them.

Second, remind yourself of happier emotions. Go to a park, BBQs, parties, anywhere there are happy people and/or children.

Third, learn to meditate. It helps you learn focus and to drown out all the other things (including emotions) going on around you, and to regain a sense of inner balance.

Always remember what has been mentioned before. Emotions are energy. Everything in life is comprised of energy. Energy CAN be controlled. We control it every day when we turn on a light switch, or use the stove.

This post is already becoming huge, but if you would like some assistance/advice on how to help manage the energy, please feel free to U2U me or otherwise contact me. I would be more than glad to help.

posted on Jun, 9 2005 @ 01:35 PM
link   
We all have our own methods of dealing with outside emotions when they become overwhelming or when we hit that trigger that Tau refers to. For example, when meditation isn't helpful (such as when I'm at work or when driving) I tend to focus on music that makes me feel good, whether because of memories attached to the songs, or the message of the songs themselves. It all helps sometimes.

Right now for example, I'm listening to The Temptations ("Ball of Confusion" is the song right now) for feel-good memories, as it's one of the groups I was raised with.

posted on Jun, 9 2005 @ 02:13 PM
link   
Music works great for me too. I tend to go with classical (bach, beethovan etc) just because there is no words to distract me or remind me of something else. And it always had a relaxing feel to it.

Or if I want to get energized, some good rock music.

posted on Jun, 11 2005 @ 07:03 PM
link   
Sorry for my lack of replies. Arlene is now passed and my little nest is safe. At least until the next storm.

AngelaLadyS, thank you for helping me feel less like a loony. At least less like a lonely loony.
Your posts always make me smile.

Ariande Tau, the advice on going to happier places is wonderful. Almost any gathering of people will work, I noticed. With any group there are happy people and the not-so-happy people. The most important part to me is finding and focusing on the happier ones.
I am trying to learn to control the energy, feelings, thoughts, etc. I just haven't found the right method for me yet.
Most of my earlier singular experiences were with battered women. That was why the most recent one kind of through me for a loop. I wasn't used to it being kids.

Music is so important to me. I find it's energy can bring me to whatever state I want. (Ohio, Idaho, Georgia
) It can relax me or excite me. It is a powerful tool to me. I have found that when I have these episodes, it will not help me much though. At least not while they are occurring. Afterwards it does help me come down faster.

I guess right now my biggest question is, what is the purpose? Why do these things happen? Does it change anything? Oh the big unanswerable, Why. Are there any constructive avenues for this? Or is it just some sort of albatross? What is the point? Wow, that is a whole lot of negativity for me. Maybe it is the stress over the storm.
I suppose it is one of those situations where "All will be revealed" in good time of course. But arrggghhh the wait.
Has anyone else reached a conclusion on this? If you have, I would love to hear it. Really I would.

posted on Jun, 12 2005 @ 03:03 PM
link   

I have studied Wicca on my own and it didnt seem to fit me just right.

Good call. Way to trust your instincts on this one. I wouldnt recommend wicca for anyone... It's bad news...

posted on Jun, 12 2005 @ 03:21 PM
link   
Wicca and the Feminist movement unfortunately have a single source.

They were both started by men, to tell women what they want to hear. Well, what some women want to hear, thats for sure.

Like that we live in some kind of patriarchal society because politicians are men, and that women are less free than men, and all that crap.

It is really easy to believe if you want to, but the fact of the matter is that both sexes are repressed, its not just women who are unhappy with their lives, men try to convince themselves they are happy with one night stands as well.

Wicca combines useful information with destructive beliefs. Same as Feminism (in its radical form, which happens to be its only active form)

posted on Jun, 12 2005 @ 04:08 PM
link   
amarenell, I have read your posts with interest. I also noticed disappointment in how many replies you had gotten. I assure that your posts have made others think. Your feelings are shared by others who are not ready to post their own, similar experiences.

I have empathic vibrations I can tap into also, although what you are describing seems to be out of your control. I mean, teeth chattering and involuntary rocking sounds miserable. In my case, when I see someone grieving, I can tap into that grief and share it with them. If I go to a funeral, I can easily tap into the grief and it's a sort of healing feeling when I do this. A shared feeling of pain. This happens when I see animals suffer also. I feel their pain just like a person would smell an odor. I have learned over time how to ignore those feelings if I need to.

Do you believe in rebirth or reincarnation?

I do, and I think that when we incarnate, we are sometimes given certain abilities. What are they for? Well, that's the big question. There are those who believe that recently disembodied (dead) spirits will join so-called "group entities" up there for comfort and for safety, just like incarnate souls down here will also join groups (surrender their identity) for the benefit of closeness, warmth, etc. This theory is mentioned in the "Seth Material" which some people do believe. Along the lines of this theory, it is these "Group Entities" who are gifting certain people when they incarnate. Perhaps you are connected to a higher group of spirits? Meditation and listening may reveal this to you. Dreams are where a lot of these answers are given also. I'd be interested to hear about your dream world and if you are ever lucid in your dreams or able to control them.

The scenarios you described were very interesting. The one about the squirrel seems common. Torturing or mistreating animals is an unfortunate trait of confused and hurt souls down here. By manipulating an animal or observing its pain, some people feel a relief in their own subconscious pain. It's difficult to understand, but psychology has proven that observing others' pain does distract us from our own. The Bagavad Gita spaks of the 'gunas' which are the three strands of existence and when a soul attaches itself to these 'gunas' (meaning, when it is born or incarnated), it is essentially descending into a madhouse. That's what incarnate life is. Most things people do down here on Earth are insane, when examined closely.

I would encourage you to think more about death. That sounds morbid, but what I mean is that by thinking about the "end" of your life, it gives a person a better perspective on where they are right now, in the course of their life. Also, it tends to put things in perspective more.

Having said all that, I'd also encourage you to try to gain a higher perspective of who you are because there seems to be some kind of manipulation which you are experiencing. I, for one, do not believe you have these powers just by chance. When I hear stories like yours, it's clear to me that you are experiencing extra-sensory perception. The question is, why? You must find out for yourself what the answer is.

posted on Jun, 12 2005 @ 10:25 PM
link   
smallpeeps, I believe that disappointment that you mentioned is caused by my sense of loneliness. My need for a support system, although I do truly know that this is not the place to develop one. Your right that those effects are miserable, but the misery for me comes from knowing that some one is experiencing something so much worse. I know that I will be ok afterward and this person won’t. I believe that this might be the reason I sort of lose control over it. I feel bad for not being able to make them all better, so I try absorb as much as possible. I realize that this is a really stupid idea, but for me it is hard to not grieve for them.

I do try to listen for the answers using meditation. I also am able to have lucid dreams. I have work for it. They are generally very short and I always try to ask a question. I have learned with time to be very specific in what I ask. The first time this ever happened, I asked the question, “What does my future look like?” The answer showed me wakening up in bed, irritated. I was so annoyed that I woke up in bed, irritated. They didn’t lie but I didn’t ask the best of questions. Like I said this takes a lot of effort for me. Not so much the controlling of my dreams, but trying to formulate questions that are answerable. A lot of time I get the impression that I am not to know yet, and I think this is what is causing me a lot of the aggravation that is so apparent in my writing. It is kind of a waiting game that I have been playing for five or six years. I know that it is probably all for the best, but man is it crummy.

Your mentioning of the gunas and thinking about death is very interesting. Seeing as just tonight I started reading on the gunas in my chakra work. Also the thought I had today was, “What sort of memories do I want to end up with?” Because in the end that is all we have. Our experiences. It is truly eerie the fact that both of these things came up in my life today before reading your posting.

As for the group entities theory, it is possible. It is something that I will meditate on. I have had some experiences that might lend some credit to the idea. If I lucid dream anytime soon, I will try to ask about it.

Thanks all for the replies. It helps.

-amarenell

posted on Jun, 12 2005 @ 11:14 PM
link   

I believe that disappointment that you mentioned is caused by my sense of loneliness. My need for a support system, although I do truly know that this is not the place to develop one.

I would say that ATS is a good place to clarify what you believe. A person who posts as honestly as you are doing will always have a sympathetic ear here. There are some good, caring people on ATS in my experience. Give it a few months and see what develops.

I feel bad for not being able to make them all better, so I try absorb as much as possible. I realize that this is a really stupid idea, but for me it is hard to not grieve for them.

Yes but in the rebirth framework, those people are responsible for their own karma and existence. Their particular loss and pain is tangible to you, but you are not given the benefit of knowing who they are or if their pain is a result of their own action. Surely the parent who lost her child in that car accident didn't deserve it, but let's face it; loss is part of life. We could cry forever, because down here on Earth, we are literally swimming in human misery.

I also am able to have lucid dreams. I have work for it. They are generally very short and I always try to ask a question. I have learned with time to be very specific in what I ask. The first time this ever happened, I asked the question, “What does my future look like?” The answer showed me wakening up in bed, irritated. I was so annoyed that I woke up in bed, irritated.

This made me laugh. Isn't it funny that the picture in your dream was correct?
I can relate because lucid dreaming is something that works only partially for me as well and I do not have the control I would like. I do believe that dream communication is as complicated as anything could be, so it is we who limit ourselves in regard to it. I have been trying to use more modalities (touch, sound, kino) in my dreams and have had some good results. Vision in dreams is one of the primary ways our subconscious tricks us, I think. Who knows? I'm still an amatuer.

trying to formulate questions that are answerable. A lot of time I get the impression that I am not to know yet

What sort of questions have you asked? I believe quite firmly that you can form the questions during waking hours and the dream then becomes the output of that command, kind of like a computer program. If I think about a thing or an issue a lot, invariably it will appear in my dreams somehow.

I am curious to know if your parents or ancestors have had any similar mental/emotional abilities?

Your mentioning of the gunas and thinking about death is very interesting. Seeing as just tonight I started reading on the gunas in my chakra work. Also the thought I had today was, “What sort of memories do I want to end up with?” Because in the end that is all we have.

Yes! It is crucially important (I believe) to live with a concious knowledge that your actions have a permanence and are not just forgotten. Even the smallest act of kindness or goodness will pay large spiritual dividends in the afterlife. I enjoy the idea as mentioned in "Conversations With God" that when we die, we get to rewind and replay our whole life just like a tape in a VCR. In that context, we would even be able to re-experience those moments through the eyes of the other person. If I were to replay a fight between myself and my significant other, for example, but see it through their eyes, how could my soul not evolve or learn something? This is more of a fetish than a belief for me, because I don't know if it's true, but I like it.

As for the group entities theory, it is possible. It is something that I will meditate on. I have had some experiences that might lend some credit to the idea.

I'd like to hear more about your experiences in this regard.

There is the idea, mentioned in several channeled works, that the original creator was alone and divided it's self into millions of little pieces and that each of those pieces was an individual soul. If you understand fractals or holograms, you know that each little piece of a fractal or hologram actually holds the essence of the larger picture. I think that is a good metaphor for this belief system. How wonderful to think that we are each a little sliver of God and that we have a complete, if smaller, 'blueprint for God' inside us.

It is this belief system which also says that each of these little pieces/souls will often feel alone and tend to gravitate toward other pieces/souls so as to eliminate the lonliness. This clearly happens on Earth in the form of religious groups but could also be assumed to happen in heaven as well. To think that our learning process ends at death is foolish, for certainly Heaven will only open up more possibilities to us, and our evolution will continue.

I sometimes visualize my death when I meditate. I do this quite graphically, imagining torture, trauma, etc. I do this for a couple reasons, but primarily it seems to really eliminate fear. The more I visualize my own death the less I fear it and the more i understand the process of rebirth. This life then becomes a very valuable coin which is to be spent wisely. Without this understanding, I believe fear causes most people to stuff the coin of their life into their pocket and end up never spending it. Living in purpose is always better than living in fear.

In any case, know that you are never alone. Others share your gifts and feelings.

posted on Jun, 12 2005 @ 11:57 PM
link   
Ok, beat Ariande to it this time.

Akilles,

The true religion that is today called Wicca was created by men and women a very, very long time ago. There do exist a few 'flavors' of Wicca that are not as wonderful as they could be, but the core of the religion contains nothing destructive or harmful. Quite the oppsite in fact.

Care to elaborate on the destructive part?

Smallpeeps,

While I find reincarnation an interesting possibility in the total scheme of thngs your post makes me wonder about one thing. What exactly points you towards feeling that the lady in question does not simply have these abilites because they are natural? They can be opened up by study, but for some people they just work all on their own. Usually with people who have a nature that would be described as, interestingly enough, empathic.

A.T
(-)

posted on Jun, 13 2005 @ 12:41 AM
link   

While I find reincarnation an interesting possibility in the total scheme of thngs your post makes me wonder about one thing. What exactly points you towards feeling that the lady in question does not simply have these abilites because they are natural? They can be opened up by study, but for some people they just work all on their own. Usually with people who have a nature that would be described as, interestingly enough, empathic.

I've got no problem with that, but surely there are degrees to which a person is able to empathize. She sounds like she is very tuned in to this. Can it be taught to everyone? I don't know.

It seems logical to assume that just as Shaq is bigger than me and Lou Ferrigno is stronger than me, there will be empaths who are similarly more able to feel than I am. I don't think these gifts are handed out equally, because we all have different purposes when we incarnate, or so it seems.

posted on Jun, 13 2005 @ 12:53 AM
link   

She sounds like she is very tuned in to this. Can it be taught to everyone? I don't know.

Anyone can learn a bit, how far you can go is a mix of talent and effort just like anything else. From my experience what has been described is someone with natural abilities that are not yet trained. Nothing in normal life prepares you for the impact, the 'it's me feeling this' that you can get from others. It brings confusion, and really just plain gets in the way of rational thought sometimes.

I don't think these gifts are handed out equally, because we all have different purposes when we incarnate, or so it seems.

Ahh, I see your point of view a bit better now. I would not use the phrase 'handed out' because in any sort of pre-this life state I believe we would make our own choices. The area of pre-life is not one I have found of particular interest but I do see why people feel as they do about the concepts.

So you were not suggesting some direct actions by another human, or some other being in this case? That was my impression of what you said previously.

A.T
(-)

posted on Jun, 13 2005 @ 11:02 AM
link   
Death isn't something that I have any hangups about. I am very accepting of it already. Sure, I have the primal instinct to survive that all creatures do, it is that I don't find death to be a crutch to keep me from doing anything I wish to do. I believe it to be another state of being. What I do have a hangup with is, is the idea of a prolonged suffering. I do not believe that there is any way I can prepare myself for this eventuality so I am leaving it up to the whims of the universe.

As for my parents, my mom is empathic. But my parents are Baptists and that is were it ends for her. I have been trying to get her to do some exercises that might help her. She has become overwhelmed lately with the feelings of others. But it is hard to do so without offending her religious beliefs. Actually, it is more that I am afraid I will offend her than I actually do offend her.

The idea that at the end of our life, we will be replayed on the VCR of God is sort of humorous and daunting at the same time. If we are pieces of the entity then when we reabsorb, all of our knowledge will be shared. I don't know why it would need to replayed. But at the same time I do believe that all of our actions are of some consequence in the end. I know that I am constantly replaying in my own head the times when I have done wrong. I can remember as a child telling my friend a fib because I didn't want her to use my pen. Silly, I know but it has stuck with my conscience for 15 years.

As to whether these are given or natural abilities, I suppose either way is sort of a moot point. Because, if they are natural then only certain people will try to develop them. Not saying that all couldn't, just that all wouldn't. So only a small set, whether given or natural will actually display these abilities. Given, because only few have them, or natural, because only a few will try. But it is interesting to ponder on.

smallpeeps, I am also wondering what you meant by the phrase in one of your earlier postings on "manipulation by others?" Could you please clarify that a bit. Thanks.

posted on Jun, 13 2005 @ 12:25 PM
link   
He may have beat me to it, but didn't really cover my feelings. So much in here.

First, I am Wiccan, and I don't have nearly the sense of disturbance I did when I was born again Christian. It was the only thing that helped me deal with the empathy abilities and the healing capabilities. Christianity made me ashamed or cursed to have the abilities. Wiccan helped me accept them and to control the use. Most importantly, it made me feel like I wasn't so alone. Not only that, I was able to recognize the abilities in other people. And from there help them to use theirs.

Until a person learns to use their abilities, the abilities are just using them. They become a weapon, not a tool unless used properly. When used as a tool, they can become a very satisfying ability. Helping a person who needs assistance and feeling the weight come off their shoulders is a very good feeling.

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join