It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

the illuminati myth

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 29 2003 @ 08:34 PM
link   
This is one of the most prevalent and widespread conspiracy theory of our times.
The fact that so many believe it goes to show that it's hard to eradicate a good lie or myth.
Tell a lie enough times and you'll have everybody buying it.
P.T.Barnum's maxim of one being born every minute or one in every crowd also applies to
those who fall for such nonsense as the gospel truth.

The truth of course was that there was originally a secret society that called themselves the Illuminati.
It was founded an ex-jesuit law professor named Adam Weishaupt around 1776.
Originally it was modelled on the freemasons and it's philosophy was that of the enlightenment.
They promoted a liberal view of politics and religion and may very well have advocated a separation of
church and state.
Their ideals would not be strange to the founding fathers of the U.S. or to those who believe in the American
version of democracy.
Because of this and the fact that they may have been plotting against the Bavarian monarchy they were suppressed
and more than likely disbanded.
According to one account this secret society was actually penetrated by informants working for the Bavarian monarchy
or government itself.
Which goes to show that even a society like this one wasn't immune to betrayal from within.
There is no reason to believe however that this secret society ever survived the eighteenth century.

Among religous conservatives(fundies) this conpiracy myth is exremely popular and often propagated along with
their other nonsense.
It seems they need a bogeyman to account for various cultural and political trends that they disprove of
or disagree with.

There are some who claim that this group may have had it's origins in ancient times or remote antiquity.
Such as in ancient Egypt or even in 16th century Afghanistan where there existed a strange mystical holy order
from which they claim the present day illuminati descended from.
But this is just more pseudo-historical babble coming from the conspiracy freaks and with no evidence to back it up.
Conpiracy theories may serve a psychological need for the frustrated looking for a scapegoat to explain away their
troubles or their own inability to achieve their desires.
Any disaster or tragedy can be blamed on this imaginary cabal of villians,whether it be the 9-11 disaster,the oklahoma city bombings,the war in Iraq or whatever else.
Maybe they're responsible for the earthquakes,tornadoes and hurricanes too. Is it any more absurd to blame them for
these natural disasters also?

Is there anybody out there who does have solid evidence or proof of such a conspiracy?
and I don't mean anecdotal evidence,personal testimonies from mental cases and the ravings of religous
fanatics/lunatics like Pat Robertson.

Below are some links that discusses this myth in more detail.

www.pfo.org...

skepdic.com...

www.newsmakingnews.com...

posted on Aug, 1 2003 @ 10:39 AM
link   

Originally posted by yogibear
Conpiracy theories may serve a psychological need for the frustrated looking for a scapegoat to explain away their troubles or their own inability to achieve their desires.

not only are conspiracy theories a scapegoat but everything is a scapegoat or distraction from whats going on, all this stuff thats been made up er us to study it's all to keep us from actually doing sumtin until it's far too late, which it nearly is. 2012

posted on Aug, 2 2003 @ 02:20 AM
link   
some nice DISINFO, you lower dimensional SLUGS. Hope you rot.

posted on Aug, 2 2003 @ 05:21 AM
link   
Nice someone tries to finally support the fact that the ILLUMINATI DON'T EXIST ANYMORE!

Yeesh....Everyone knows who the "influential men" in this world are...and they aren't running around in super secret meetings, though the Bilderburgers is questionable and many are Masons.

But the third point is missing...where is their BIG BAD ILLUMINATI MEETING HUH? The paparazi is everywhere...and they'd love to see that!

posted on Aug, 2 2003 @ 10:45 AM
link   
Please explain why J.D. Buck, Albert Pike, Manly P. Hall and C.W. "Lend a hand" Leadbeater ( all 33d degree Freemasons ) all said that Freemasonry is directed by the Illuminati.

posted on Aug, 2 2003 @ 11:12 AM
link   
you're talking like the illuminati is fathomable

thumbs down to this

posted on Aug, 3 2003 @ 06:57 AM
link   
I think you'll find its 2020, Dec 21st.

Most mayan translators got the year wrong. Anyway it doesn't matter what date it is cause we're already feeling the effects of the universal alignment.

We don't need to revolt! That is merely a 3rd dimensional, dense answer to things.
We are dealing with frequencies of a much higher vibration. To win we must all reach these levels to form a mass human conscience. This can ONLY be done through love and peace.

And before you say anything, I ain't no new age hippy!!!!!

Take care.

posted on Aug, 4 2003 @ 11:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by pixilair

You still stupid
Im sorry but if you think that global peace and love will ever happen for your human concience then you are a fool.

posted on Aug, 5 2003 @ 12:14 AM
link   
Researcher, it's pretty stupid of you to say that because some 33rd degree masons said that Freemasonry is ran by the illuminati, that you believe them.

1) They were probably talking about the term "Illustrious" which is used for 32nd and 33rd degrees.

2) If there were any one man close to ruling all of Freemasonry, it is the Duke of Kent, whom we all as masons stand on the level with so he's not so much a "ruler" as the Grand Master of England.

And the Duke of Kent is only a Master Mason.

Do more Research Mr. Researcher.

posted on Aug, 5 2003 @ 12:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by NinjaoftheNight

Originally posted by pixilair

You still stupid
Im sorry but if you think that global peace and love will ever happen for your human
concience then you are a fool.

I'm not a fool. I know how to structure a simple sentence with correct spellings, my friend.

By the way, for some reason I posted this reply on a different debate and it has somehow got here.

For some of us though, we will reach higher levels of consciousness through love and peace by vibrating at higher frequencies that are not of this physical, human dimension. You, however will always remain in this dense reality because of your negative, energy sapping views.

Take care, Ninjaofthenight, lead by example!

posted on Aug, 5 2003 @ 02:45 PM
link   
My dense reality is just fine thank you.

posted on Aug, 5 2003 @ 02:52 PM
link   

Conpiracy theories may serve a psychological need for the frustrated looking for a scapegoat to explain away their
troubles or their own inability to achieve their desires.

That's correct, and a war on "terrorism" serves the same exact function doesn't it?

posted on Aug, 5 2003 @ 05:34 PM
link   
pixilair is quite right, he knows, don't u

posted on Aug, 5 2003 @ 05:42 PM
link   
Yep, no truth to theories.

Heck, the Trilateralist members publicly laugh at the thought that they are sinister people bent on global control.
Go ahead, laugh with them.
Maybe they'll take kindly to you when they need a servant!

posted on Aug, 5 2003 @ 07:16 PM
link   
i sort of agree with pixilair in the fact that the mass consceince needs to exist, however i believe it already does and always has existed but authority or the illuminati or whatever you want to call it has destroyed it.

and of course there isnt any truth to most conspiracies, mainly because they're to simple to be true. however i do believe there is something going on much deeper than just masons. think A.:A.:

posted on Aug, 5 2003 @ 10:47 PM
link   
MKULTRA>

That's correct, and a war on "terrorism" serves the same exact function doesn't it?

Absolutely. A war on anything serves the same function.
Aside from general cases of self-defense a war is always a
diversion from issues or problems at home.
It's easier to dream up a conspiracy theory than to think out a logical or methodical solution to a problem .

posted on Aug, 6 2003 @ 09:13 PM
link   
Its also easier to believe that there are no such thing as conspiracies.....makes one sleep better at night, don't it?
Logics and methodology also plays a part in figuring this out.....

regards
seekerof

[Edited on 7-8-2003 by Seekerof]

posted on Aug, 7 2003 @ 04:09 PM
link   
i prefer to think theres nothing really there seeker lol works betetr fer me

posted on Aug, 25 2003 @ 01:52 AM
link   

Originally posted by banjoechef
i prefer to think theres nothing really there seeker lol works betetr fer me

But what do you feel?

posted on Aug, 25 2003 @ 02:02 AM
link   
While It's hard to argue about the existence of the Illuminati, I find that The proof just points to it not being there. Sorry. However, something inside me is screaming that they are still in existence.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join