It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Jesus resurected using black magic?

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 5 2005 @ 01:04 PM
link   
Eyeofhorus, welcome. At least you are not boring.

Not much is known about the Zohar (the written), the spoken, whispered, and unspoken parts of the Qabalaistic belief. All I know is that they had an ability tio parform Majik, and produce some very intense manifestations.

Well, 'knowing' is something lots of us would like to do. We'd all like to know. So how do you 'know' that the Zohar-ists could do majik and intense manifestations? Isn't it more correct to say that you have read this and that you believe rather than know? If you have a time-machine, then I will understand. Otherwise, what you are doing is believing that such was the case.

What if they came back after his death to resurect him, to create a new world religion to hide the truth of the Qabalistic text?

I'm having a difficult time understanding your point here. You are saying that the Romans (?) used black magic to raise Jesus' body in 33AD? What's the point of that when he'd already lived his life and supposedly performed miracles, etc. What would they have accomplished with Jesus' zombie-corpse after his crucifiction except perhaps to convince Thomas the Doubter?

Is the story of jesus just like weekend at bernie's, without all the partying and hillarious mishaps?

Any biblical story that stars Andrew Macarthy is ill-conceived in my opinion. But seriously...

What the heck are you talking about? This story was related to you by one of your friends? Can you go back and ask him where he read about this legend of Jesus being a pawn of evil? Reading books is usually a good place to start actual research. I'm fairly sure your friend will say that he 'heard it from a friend' also.

The truth of course is that he had more disciples that taht, it's just that some writings were intentionally left out, to make jesus into a diety, not just a man. You know what else "turns water into wine"? The germenting energy of the sun. Does not the reflection of the sun "walk across water?" You all picking up on this?

No, I don't think any of us are picking up on this. You are referring to Germination, right? So far as I can tell, there are large bodies of water that have not germinated (?) into wine, but perhaps you can add more info here?

Reflections from the sun walking across water? I'm lost here. Clarify, please.

[edit on 5-5-2005 by smallpeeps]

posted on May, 5 2005 @ 01:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by madmanacrosswater
I saw it the other nite on one of those "honest" TV evangelical stations.

Such "love" being passed among "Christians"?

This is sad. I never saw a single evangelical station I would remotely like.

Cheer up. We Orthodox Christians bear you no ill

posted on May, 5 2005 @ 01:10 PM
link   
The Great Begatsby

Originally posted by saint4God
By the way, I joined ATS was because I was led to reading a thread you'd created on your history. For that I gotta give a hearty thanks

Actually, I wasn't poking fun at the "J-man" so much as those who attribute absurd things to him, like a willingness to be the main course at a banquet, or godhood.

It's gratifying to know that I may take some blame for leading you into the affliction of ATS, though it is bittersweet, since I'm sure we both spend way too much time here.

It will be natural that we will tend to entrench in our respective positions, although I am pretty sure we both know better than to dig too deeply.

Lest I be misunderstood, I don't condemn you for holding whatever beliefs you may choose. That is your sacred right, just as it is my sacred right to choose my own and criticize others.

Cutting To The Chase

Rather, I challenge you to consider the merits or lack thereof of what I call “Bible worship”.

It's a harsh term, but a meaningful one. To worship the words of men and fail to grasp their underlying meaning is just another form of self-deception from an endless list of such folly.

I also warn that there is only one Creator, but many, many false gods, including gods who call themselves the “One True God”, but are in fact nothing more than demons.

The true Creator does not require that which demons covet. The true Creator's role is inherent to Creation, and thus immutable.

The true Creator does not seek nor require your obedience nor ostentatious displays of false loyalty. You will do what you were created to and none other. Such is the curse of destiny.

Your existence provides all that is needed for the Creator's will to be satisfied, because the Creator's will is the one body of law which cannot be broken.

Moral and ethical laws are of our own making for our benefit, not the Creator's, and they are derived from hard-won and bitter experience, not divine commandments, though they be falsely labeled as such.

Majic's Complaint

Truth is scarce, deceit is plentiful. That goes for all things seen, spoken or written.

In this case, I'm raising an objection to the paganization of a devout Jew whose memory deserves more respect than that.

Also, I am certain that Jesus would be appalled to think that millions of people worship him. Wherever his spirit may now reside, I am sure it grieves him terribly that so much evil has been done in his name -- although at least not in his real name.

While I am no expert myself, my studies and meditations have led me to the strong belief that the “crime” Jesus committed was in seeing that we are all children of our Creator, all brothers and sisters, all immortal, indestructible and indispensable to Creation, and that, knowing this, we cannot help but love one another, and in so doing, love ourselves.

For sharing this with the world, he was punished and his name profaned by wickedness and made synonymous with all the things he considered evil.

It was a tragic fate for a great man, but no good deed goes unpunished.

My Classic Bottom Line

When in doubt, love is the best guide. It is always faithful and true. Love does not lie.

Meanwhile, I know that every message which is accompanied by fear is a message of darkness.

When I see love, joy and acceptance in a message, I know it contains truth. When I see fear, anger and hatred in a message, I know it contains lies.

Many good people are being misled by darkness (including me, of course), and while I can't necessarily change what is inevitable, I can't avoid trying to do something about it now and then, even if it's nothing more than symbolic.

There is no need for a “Zombie Jesus”.

The real Jesus was good enough, if we are willing to understand what he meant when he told us that the Kingdom of God is within us.

Some of his messages survive to this day, for those willing to hear them, and doing so does not and never has required inviting demonic possession.

posted on May, 5 2005 @ 01:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by Majic
It's gratifying to know that I may take some blame for leading you into the affliction of ATS, though it is bittersweet, since I'm sure we both spend way too much time here.

LOL!

Lest I be misunderstood, I don't condemn you for holding whatever beliefs you may choose. That is your sacred right, just as it is my sacred right to choose my own and criticize others.

I'm good for that.

Rather, I challenge you to consider the merits or lack thereof of what I call “Bible worship”.

Hm...did I lean towards doing this? My Bible has no special powers. *demonstrates no hidden pockets or secret holes*. God, on the other hand, is the keeper of all of them. His words help us understand things like that better I think.

The true Creator does not seek nor require your obedience nor ostentatious displays of false loyalty. You will do what you were created to and none other. Such is the curse of destiny.

If God is love, and love seeks a relationship, then why would God not seek a relationship where we listen to his wisdom and be loyal to him? I agree that loyalty should not be ostentatious and false. The 'curse of destiny' negates free will...something I've been convinced is a gift I have been given. He has a plan, but it's up to me to follow it.

In this case, I'm raising an objection to the paganization of a devout Jew whose memory deserves more respect than that.

I apologize if I disrespected you. I candidly do not see where I did this.

When in doubt, love is the best guide. It is always faithful and true. Love does not lie.

This sounds familiar. Like the gospels and Corinthians...

Many good people are being misled by darkness (including me, of course), and while I can't necessarily change what is inevitable, I can't avoid trying to do something about it now and then, even if it's nothing more than symbolic.

What is inevitable? I'm not sure I understand.

Some of his messages survive to this day, for those willing to hear them, and doing so does not and never has required inviting demonic possession.

Hey, hold up here. Signals are crossed if you're saying people become possessed by accepting Jesus as Christ. It is because of this that one is able to escape demonic possession...and I'll witness to that effect.

posted on May, 5 2005 @ 04:23 PM
link   
I don't mind honest discussion about anything. However, everywhere I turn all the sudden the Catholic Church has become the whipping "boy" of many.

Remember my earlier statement to you about tolerance and people's beliefs. Many act as if the RCC is not Christian. It is dispite some of their "deals".

Kinda like knocking Democrats as having no faith and being called that terrible word-secular(free thinking).

Gee, I'm a dem. I have faith. Yes, I AM a free thinker. Proud of it.

posted on May, 6 2005 @ 01:11 AM
link   
"...The highest truth, being incomprehensible to the man of realities, as the highest man is, and largely above his level, will be a great unreality and falsehood to an unintellectual man. The profoundest doctories of christianity would be mere jargon and babble to a Potawatomie Indian...Catholocism was a vital truth in its earliest ages, but it became obsolete, and Protestantism arose, flourished and deteriorated. The doctorines of Zoroaster were the best which the ancient persians were fitted to recieve; those of Confucius were fitted for the Chineese; those of Mohammed for the idolatrous Arabs of his age. Each was truth for the time. Each was a gospel, preached by a REFORMER; and if ant men are so little fortunate as to remain content therewith, when others have attained a higher truth, it it their misfortune and not their fault. They are to be pittied for it, and not peresecuted.
D ont esaily expect to convince men of the truth, or to lead them to think aright. The subtle human intellect can weave its mists over even the clearest vision..." -Albert Pike

One thing i don't like about the idea of religion, is that the church claims to know the truth. Then their members follow the church's word, blindly. This clearly illustrates the logical fallacy that is the church. Can any of you tell me that jesus even existed, were you there did you see him ride into town on a donkey? NO, you are merely settling for the belief thet your messiah has come, but have you been saved yet? Once again i am going to have to say no.

What Pike is asying in his quote is that people who settle for the belief without actively seeking truth for themselves, are doomed to a life falsehood. If you tell a lie long enough it becomes your truth. By joining the religion of christianity MOST (not all) are not actively seeking truth, they are merely accepting someone elses version of truth.

What jesus did, that was most important to his cause, was seek the truth. He taught people morals, and a way of life. He taught people that god was in them, as well as in everything around you. He also believed in the capapility of self-healing, and most impotant, he believed that spirituality was an individual and unique journey. So why is it that this "cookie cutter" religion came about, emphasising not a unique spiritual journey, but a universal one.

This is my beef. This is why I just cannot have respect for the church, because i see so many stagnant souls, just going to church, confessing and thinking that by repeating this over and over, that they are guaranteed eternal bliss. It is prayin on the weak souls, the ones whom are too lazy or afraid to find themselves spiritually.

After talking with you all on the discussion board, i called up my buddy ryan, who is a christian. I talked with him for a few hours, discussing this same stuff. He showed me that allthough, there are those stagnant people, who are there every week, like zombies, regurgitating hymns and prayers. He told me not to think of religion in this light. He also showed me that there are people in the church that seek unique spiritual experiences and want to learn about the true teachings of Christ. He also helped me realize that I have been rude to some of you who chose to believe in what the church has to say, and for that I appologize.

posted on May, 6 2005 @ 04:49 AM
link   
Quoting "EyeofHorus":
"What jesus did, that was most important to his cause, was seek the truth. He taught people morals, and a way of life. He taught people that god was in them, as well as in everything around you. He also believed in the capapility of self-healing, and most impotant, he believed that spirituality was an individual and unique journey. So why is it that this "cookie cutter" religion came about, emphasising not a unique spiritual journey, but a universal one."
Well,if you are not convinced yet that the JC-story is myth,just as the story
of one of his friends,Horus,you should go on searching for the truth.
Conc. Horus,one of JC's predecessors:
Horus of Egypt

The stories of Jesus and Horus are very similar, with Horus even contributing the name of Jesus Christ. Horus and his once-and-future Father, Osiris, are frequently interchangeable in the mythos ("I and my Father are one").41 The legends of Horus go back thousands of years, and he shares the following in common with Jesus:
Horus was born of the virgin Isis-Meri on December 25th in a cave/manger42, with his birth being announced by a star in the East and attended by three wise men.43
He was a child teacher in the Temple and was baptized when he was 30 years old.44
Horus was also baptized by "Anup the Baptizer," who becomes "John the Baptist."
He had 12 disciples.
He performed miracles and raised one man, El-Azar-us, from the dead.
He walked on water.
Horus was transfigured on the Mount.
He was crucified, buried in a tomb and resurrected.
He was also the "Way, the Truth, the Light, the Messiah, God's Anointed Son, the Son of Man, the Good Shepherd, the Lamb of God, the Word" etc.
He was "the Fisher," and was associated with the Lamb, Lion and Fish ("Ichthys").45
Horus's personal epithet was "Iusa," the "ever-becoming son" of "Ptah," the "Father."46
Horus was called "the KRST," or "Anointed One," long before the Christians duplicated the story.47
Arachya S,author of "The Christ Conspiracy",could enlighten you even more:
www.truthbeknown.com...
Baloria
P.S.You now have an artistical eye of Horus in your avatar;a little bit more
"photoshopping" will make it perfect.

posted on May, 6 2005 @ 07:06 AM
link   

Originally posted by Eyeofhorus
"...The highest truth, being incomprehensible to the man of realities, as the highest man is, and largely above his level, will be a great unreality and falsehood to an unintellectual man. The profoundest doctories of christianity would be mere jargon and babble to a Potawatomie Indian...Catholocism was a vital truth in its earliest ages, but it became obsolete, and Protestantism arose, flourished and deteriorated. The doctorines of Zoroaster were the best which the ancient persians were fitted to recieve; those of Confucius were fitted for the Chineese; those of Mohammed for the idolatrous Arabs of his age. Each was truth for the time. Each was a gospel, preached by a REFORMER; and if ant men are so little fortunate as to remain content therewith, when others have attained a higher truth, it it their misfortune and not their fault. They are to be pittied for it, and not peresecuted.
D ont esaily expect to convince men of the truth, or to lead them to think aright. The subtle human intellect can weave its mists over even the clearest vision..." -Albert Pike

A poetic interpretation of the past...however very assumptive and opinionated.

One thing i don't like about the idea of religion, is that the church claims to know the truth.

If the church assists people in connecting people with God, then there is no 'middle-man' as everyone loves to point the finger at. You want truth? Go get it from God. James 1:5 "If any of you lacks wisdom, he should ask God, who gives generously to all without finding faluth, and it will be given to him."

Then their members follow the church's word, blindly.

Who does this? And, how you do know what someone is thinking? And, how you know what is inside their heart? Judge not.

This clearly illustrates the logical fallacy that is the church. Can any of you tell me that jesus even existed, were you there did you see him ride into town on a donkey?

Existed? Not past tense. He exists and yes I know this. Again, see James 1:5.

NO, you are merely settling for the belief thet your messiah has come, but have you been saved yet? Once again i am going to have to say no.

Yes. I have been saved. I am here because my work is not yet complete.

What Pike is asying in his quote is that people who set
tle for the belief without actively seeking truth for themselves, are doomed to a life falsehood. If you tell a lie long enough it becomes your truth. By joining the religion of christianity MOST (not all) are not actively seeking truth, they are merely accepting someone elses version of truth.

Prove it. This is an accusation so let's see some back-up. I can say from first hand experience I did in fact seek the truth and ran into God. Not the other way around.

What jesus did, that was most important to his cause, was seek the truth. He taught people morals, and a way of life. He taught people that god was in them, as well as in everything around you. He also believed in the capapility of self-healing, and most impotant, he believed that spirituality was an individual and unique journey. So why is it that this "cookie cutter" religion came about, emphasising not a unique spiritual journey, but a universal one.

He did not seek the truth, because he was the truth. Remember John 14:6? How can anyone say they know Jesus without listening to his words?

This is my beef. This is why I just cannot have respect for the church, because i see so many stagnant souls, just going to church, confessing and thinking that by repeating this over and over, that they are guaranteed eternal bliss.

Okay, you've got a good point here. The people who go to church are not doing their part. Pastors do in fact try to wake people up of this, but I guarentee you it's not easy. Some churches may glaze over the sleepers and yes, this is not right.

It is prayin on the weak souls, the ones whom are too lazy or afraid to find themselves spiritually.

I hadn't seen the church doing any preying because they've never moved from their spot. The people come. Some with the right intentions, some not. Yes, people are spiritually afraid and lazy which is not what the Bible instructs in 2 Timothy 1:7 "For God did not give us a spirit of timidity, but a spirit of power, of love and of self-discipline". Laziness got us into a lot of trouble before (per the Bible) and it's getting us into a lot of trouble now. I can agree here that peple are lazy and afraid.

After talking with you all on the discussion board, i called up my buddy ryan, who is a christian. I talked with him for a few hours, discussing this same stuff. He showed me that allthough, there are those stagnant people, who are there every week, like zombies, regurgitating hymns and prayers. He told me not to think of religion in this light. He also showed me that there are people in the church that seek unique spiritual experiences and want to learn about the true teachings of Christ. He also helped me realize that I have been rude to some of you who chose to believe in what the church has to say, and for that I appologize.

Ryan sounds like an understanding and caring friend. This is a rare thing these days. I too have been coming off a bit rougher than my nature, so I also apologize for any transgressions. The reason why is when you care about helping people and don't feel like the message is getting through, you tend to try harder. I know that no-one is ever convinced out of dispute, rather out of love so I need to focus more on that.

Pray, train, study.
God bless.

posted on May, 6 2005 @ 07:10 AM
link   
The interesting thing is these claims that Jesus was a patchwork quilt of other religions is the lack of documentation to support. Yet, when I have documented evidence, then it is suddenly invalid. The bibliography takes me to amazon.com to buy some popular fiction. Hmm...anyone surpised?
Is there anyone in the house that can explain this? If you want my Book, I'll send it to you. For free. I'll even pay the expense to get it to you.

Now it doesn't have the cool leather, but all the contents are the same.

[edit on 6-5-2005 by saint4God]

posted on May, 8 2005 @ 06:47 PM
link   

I'd rather meditate...oops looks like I'm going to hell. Oh that's right hell doesn't exist. I forgot, and i was really looking foraward to waterskiing on the lake of fire

Whatever dude. Sounds like someone has issues with God.
You sound very arrogant and self centered.

posted on May, 8 2005 @ 07:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by deesw

Originally poset by Eyeofhorus
I'd rather meditate...oops looks like I'm going to hell. Oh that's right hell doesn't exist. I forgot, and i was really looking foraward to waterskiing on the lake of fire

Whatever dude. Sounds like someone has issues with God.
You sound very arrogant and self centered.

It is because I didn't get hugs when I was a child. I am going to go on Oprah and tell the world I was abused...Psyche!

Welcome to reality. Yeah I have issues with god. Why would I have posted this thread?

Sounds like you have a problem with allowing others to have an opinion and a sense of humor. S-a-r-c-a-s-m. say it with me.

another reason why I left the church, everyone is way to friggin' serious.

Whatever dude, eat your crackers and drink your wine, it is after all a free country. Hopefull next time you post you will have an answer to my question.

Obviously you missed this, from like three posts ahead of yours, but I'll repeat it again:

quoting myself:

I bet you that I'm the most self centered peron who has ever donated 5% of each one of his paychecks to united way since he started working at 14. And the most arrogant peron who puts in almost 300 volunteer hours a year... yeah you hit the nail on the head. Actually for a person who claims I have issues with god, I would say your response is rather ill fitting your supposde "commitment" to god. Sounds pretty judgemental to me. I can meditate whenever I want and if you want to think I have issues with god, I would say to you, you have a really closed mind.

[edit on 8-5-2005 by Eyeofhorus]

posted on May, 8 2005 @ 07:10 PM
link   
Read your Bible and find your answer. Do you really think you are hurting God with far fetched fictional accusations? I don't mind anyone having an opinion, I have my own as well.

posted on May, 8 2005 @ 07:26 PM
link   

Read your Bible and find your answer. Do you really think you are hurting God with far fetched fictional accusations? I don't mind anyone having an opinion, I have my own as well.

I have read the bible, I was involved with the Cathloc chruch for over 13 years. Trust me, I have read more bible that anyone should ever have to. There is nothing int here for me but Pagan symbolism, and folklore. I have reatched a point spiritually where I feel the most comfotable.

What do you think this site is for, othe than far-fetched accusations. Why do you believe in a "fictional" god? After all you cannot prove (beyond the shadow of a doubt) to me that there is some guy up in heaven, (which is where? i might add) with a white scraggly beard that detemines wether you go to heaven or rot in the pits of hell for etenity. Now that souns like a far-fetched fictional story to me. As far as hurting god goes, apparently I'm only hurting your feelings. Because I am waiting to hear form god, but he hasn't called me back to say I'm being disrespectful. So far I have only heard from you, and unfortuantely it han's been more than a couple of sentances. I am so sorry I damged your view of the lord, I just think that "god" happens to live within all of us. Let me tell you I'd make a better christian than most people that are in the church, but i just don't have time in my life for something that ridiculous.

Seeking god is a unique spiritual journey, I have seen many people, done more harm by the church thn good. This is my EXPERIENCE. Don't deny that. Try all you want, you can't.

Faith is a very powerful thing, something that shouldn't be toyed with. Also beware of organizations that "attack" you emotionally. Your emotions are your weakness as a human being, and I guarante that there are people out there that know how to use them to get what they want.

posted on May, 8 2005 @ 07:35 PM
link   
And you my friend, can not disprove God. I challenge you to disprove anything that the Bible says. It has been my experiance that most who do not believe that the BIBLE is the inspired word of GOD are those that are living a lifestyle that is condemned by the BIBLE. Such as homosexuality, witchcraft, incest, drunkenness, and fornication.
Going to a Catholic Church does not make you knowledgeable of the BIBLE. Do not take what some priest or pastor tells you as truth. Read it and study it for yourself.

posted on May, 8 2005 @ 07:59 PM
link   

And you my friend, can not disprove God. I challenge you to disprove anything that the Bible says. It has been my experiance that most who do not believe that the BIBLE is the inspired word of GOD are those that are living a lifestyle that is condemned by the BIBLE. Such as homosexuality, witchcraft, incest, drunkenness, and fornication.
Going to a Catholic Church does not make you knowledgeable of the BIBLE. Do not take what some priest or pastor tells you as truth. Read it and study it for yourself.

AAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHGGGGGGGGHHHHHHHHHHH!

I DID READ THE BIBLE THAT IS WHAT I AM TRYING TO TELL YOU!!!!!

Are you trying to convert me? what are you accomplishing with this? nothing. nothing. nothing. But frustrating me.

At leat I have an open mind. This stuff isn't even worth wasting discussion space. You seem to think that everyone who is out of the church is a sinner, and is incapable of being a good person. Do you want recogintion for your good deeds? Is that it. Well go ahead and give yourself a pat on the back, cuz i'm playin the worlds smallest violin right now. The dali lama never asked for any recognition, he never EXPECTED that his good deeds would be rewarded with something as ridiculous as heaven. Was he a sinner? Is he burning in hell, because he wasn't a mamber of the church? If you believe he is then you need to re-evaluate your religion pal. You are saying that people who drink too much, and who are gay, and are chronic fornicators; that even though thay might be the nicest, most loving people on earth, who give and never expect anything back, that they are all not going to heaven. And I'm the one that sounds wrong. I am glad that your religion teaches judgement, and teaches you to immediately look down upon someone beacuse of the lifestyle they live. Why not get down off your religious high horse, and look your fellow man in the eyes, as jesus did, or god would.

I'm done with this discussion. And I have never hit the "ignore" button, but you are closer to being my first every minute. try me.

Of course I can't prove to you that God exists/doesn't exist. That is why I don't believe in him.

I am sorry I am not a christian, and apparently until I am we won't be able to have this discussion. Peace, I'm out. When you find out if god existis, send me a U2U. But until then you a re just as righta as the next person.

posted on May, 8 2005 @ 08:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by Byrd
Well... it's fiction.

My freind interested me in a story that Jesus was resusrected by black magic. It all started with the ties to hitler and the occult. Supposedly the 11 sacred pureblood aryans were resusurected, they arose for three days and then returned the the grave.

And very very bad fiction. There were no "pureblood aryans" in Israel at that time. To make that horrible leap of logic, you have to start by assuming that all Jews (no matter what skin color) are pureblood Aryan.

seriously, give me more credit that that dude. I didin't ask you to go through a time warp, i was just drawing parallel between the two case studies, or claims.

Uhm, wrong Aryans. I was talking about the people who originated the Indo-Iranian language family, who are nominally Caucasian and who may have romped all over ancient India sometime around 2500 BC
en.wikipedia.org...

As I said, the connection isn't there from the genetic and cultural standpoint. The Jews are a Semetic people and not an Aryan one. Genetic study of the Y-chromosome haplotypes shows this:
www.med.nyu.edu...

and acutally unless you are intitiate into the secret brotherhood of the Qabalah, you knoe NOTHING. Dont claim you do, or that anyone else who isn't a qabalist, does. That is a horrible leap of logic

Mmm... you're presuming a lot, there.
In point of fact, I've began casually studying it in 1968 when, as you might not be aware, it was in great vogue among the hippies. Its mystic approach had a lot of appeal in a number of specialized fields, and it was often read by those of us in the computer language fields (that would be me) and mathematicians.

If it is so easy, translate, verbatum to english, the works of the zohar. A text you seem to know little about. It was written in aramaic, the laguage of the time of christ. A language so arcane that i douby you or anyone but a Qabalist would even know where to start. Ignrance de-nied!

Being an anthropologist, and a casual student for over 25 years, I might have a few clues. However, the language of the Zohar is not *quite* as arcane as you make it out to be. Jewish scholars and Qabbalistic scholars themselves claim that the Spanish words in the text as well as other errors and cultural cues mark the writing as that of Moses de Leon and the date of the writing as 13th century:
www.faqs.org...

www.mystae.com...

It was, of course, taken from older texts but he added mystical elements that are uniquely 13th century and not those of older cultures.

And Aramaic is not THAT obscure a language, thank you, And for the record, I can read a *little* Yiddish and a *tiny* bit of Hebrew. I'm not a complete ignoramus after all that time studying.
www.assyrianlanguage.com...

...and as I said, the original story is very bad fiction with poor scholarship, kit-bashed from some 13th-16th century material with a healthy dose of Wild Web Woofiness.

[edit on 8-5-2005 by Byrd]

posted on May, 8 2005 @ 08:32 PM
link   
And I have never hit the "ignore" button, but you are closer to being my first every minute. try me.

Oh no kind sir,,, please don't ignore me!

posted on May, 8 2005 @ 08:40 PM
link   
Thanx Byrd, that was some kick A$$ stuff you posted. You da mod!

posted on May, 8 2005 @ 10:51 PM
link   
You have some interesting things to say, Horus.

Some of this stuff I am familiar with, and others I am not. What I do know is that the Bible can't prove anything to you unless you are of the faith. This goes for any other religious text. I understand you with the Horus/Jesus parallels, too. I dunno why not that many people take them seriously, though...

The Bible is very confusing to me. You have the Christians telling you not to sin, and besides murder and stealing, they don't make that much sense to me. So what if someone gets loaded? So what if someone's gay, even when there's substantial evidence that homosexuality is at least partially genetic? The whole "you choose to be gay" is a crock of # to me; that's like saying that gay people can choose to be straight. From the gay people I have met, this is not so.

Think about it. The attraction you feel to members of the opposite sex is precisely how gay people feel towards members of the same sex. And as for the fornication, there's cases in your very own holy book when marriage isn't so cut and dry. There were a number of playas in the Bible who had multiple wives, yet all of a sudden we're only supposed to have one?
I'm not exactly endorsing cheating, I'm just making a point.

Anyway, I look forward to reading more of your points, Horus.

posted on May, 8 2005 @ 11:27 PM
link   
The way I see it truthseeka, if we all just got along, and stopped caring so much about wht everyone else is doing, and worry about yourself, and strive to be a good person, we wouldn't need christianity.

Chrisitanity is bunk, it is an oxymoron, because if everyone acted like jesus did we wouldn't be having this discussion.

It is because these christians are intollerant, and refuse to accept anything outside thier realm of beliefs (Which by the way is unchristian) that our society suffers. Rather than confessing my sins weekly, I would rather just not sin at all, saves me the guilt trip.

The truth is you shouldn't need religion to be a good person, i think religion is a cruthc for all those wh need proof that they are "good" and that they can be intollerant of the gays and that it's ok.

To me religion/christianity is a smack in the face. It is pointing out my ignorance. Why be invilved with something you don't need. All you are doing by being a good christian is making all the bad people in your religion look good. And why would you want to do that?

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join