It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Symbols on U.S. Currency...more than just coincidence?

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 8 2005 @ 09:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by senrak

Originally posted by sebatwerk
There are, of course, certain things I can't disclose, but that's just a few things like our handshakes and passwords.

And for $657,296.48 I'll even reveal those! Really. I will.

'course I'll take the money, give it to Shriners's Hospitals for Crippled Children and supply you with exposures of Masonic ritual written by former Freemasons and Anti-Masons (which have existed since the early 1700's) and which anyone with $65.00 or so can by on his own...

Ritual, handshakes, passwords, etc. won't make a man a Mason.

No, but it does satisfy the childish curiosity that people have for our fraternity. And isn't the point of not revealing them MOSTLY so that they wont be used for people's entertainment?

I think that even telling a non-mason where he can get an exposure of masonic secrets should be a violation of the obligation.

posted on May, 8 2005 @ 09:44 PM
link   
Seriously, you guys must really hate life on these boards sometime, it's ruthless. It basically sounds like you are fighting human imagination, of which there are endless possiblities.

Either of you have any book reccomendations on Symbols in secret societies, and thier use throughout time? For instance when Knights Templar, or any other secret society had to go underground because of persecution. Or in WWII? When the risk of the meaning of the symbols was life and death, not just crazy conspiricies. Or any books on the persecution of these societies, by dictators, and ruthless leaders.

[edit on 8-5-2005 by Eyeofhorus]

posted on May, 8 2005 @ 09:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by sebatwerk
I think that even telling a non-mason where he can get an exposure of masonic secrets should be a violation of the obligation.

True, but remember, passwords, handshakes, even ceremony...those are NOT the "secrets" of Masonry. The REAL secrets are never told...not even to the members, because they CAN'T be. The REAL secrets are within the individual Mason himself.

posted on May, 8 2005 @ 09:48 PM
link   
I knew it, unspoken secrets (unspoken wisdom), I'm such and idiot. The philosophical tie to Qabalism in masonry. Thanks Senrak.

posted on May, 8 2005 @ 09:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by Eyeofhorus
Seriously, you guys must really hate life on these boards sometime, it's ruthless. It basically sounds like you are fighting human imagination, of which there are endless possiblities.

Either of you have any book reccomendations on Symbols in secret societies, and thier use throughout time? For instance when Knights Templar, or any other secret society had to go underground because of persecution. Or in WWII? When the risk of the meaning of the symbols was life and death, not just crazy conspiricies. Or any books on the persecution of these societies, by dictators, and ruthless leaders.

Absolutely. I just sent you an e-mail about this.

posted on May, 8 2005 @ 09:52 PM
link   
I guess the thread pretty much outlines which symbols you should discuss.

The Pentagram.

The Hexagram.

Use of the year 1776 on a Pyramid, of all things.

What does the repeated use of 13 in the symbolism mean?

Was there ever a Great Seal of the 13 Colonies, or what did these 13 colonies consist of exactly (that made them 13)?

I mean, they are named after English Monarchs, most of these colonies, are they not? And there were more than 13 distinct towns in between them? And more than 13 areas of land, between them, so what was 13?

posted on May, 8 2005 @ 09:54 PM
link   

I knew it, unspoken secrets (unspoken wisdom), I'm such and idiot. The philosophical tie to Qabalism in masonry. Thanks Senrak.

Yep. Joseph Fort Newton said it best:

When Is A Man A Mason?

“When is a man a Mason? When he can look out over the rivers, the hills, and the far horizon with a profound sense of his own littleness in the vast scheme of things, and yet have faith, hope and courage—which is the root of every virtue. When he knows that down in his heart every man is as noble as himself, and seeks to know, to forgive, and to love his fellowmen.
When he knows how to sympathize with men in their sorrows, yea, even in their sins—knowing that each man fights a hard fight against many odds. When he has learned how to make friends and to keep them, and above all how to keep friends with himself. When he loves flowers, can hunt the birds without a gun, and feels the thrill of an old forgotten joy when he hears the laugh of a little child.
When he can be happy and high minded amid the meaner drudgeries of life. When star crowned trees, and the glint of sunlight on flowing waters, subdue him like the thought of one much loved and long dead. When no voice of distress reaches his ears in vain, and no hand seeks his aid without response. When he finds good in every faith that helps any man to lay hold of divine things and sees majestic meanings in life, whatever the name of that faith may be. When he can look into a wayside puddle and see something beyond sin. When he knows how to pray, how to love, how to hope. When he has kept faith with himself, with his fellowman,
with his God; in his hand a sword for evil, in his heart a bit of song—glad to live, but not afraid to die!
Such a man has found the only real secret of Masonry, and the one which it is trying to give all the world.”
—Joseph Fort Newton

posted on May, 8 2005 @ 09:54 PM
link   

Hah! That is ABSOLUTELY CORRECT! I never thought of it like that! But it's true! We are fighting human imaginations, because that's really what this whole conspiracy crap is! One huge fairy tale thought up by people with too much time on their hands. That is why they ALWAYS have a reaosn as to why Freemasonry MUST be evil, even when the proof shows otherwise!

I don't. There's many great books that were written ABOUT masonic symbolism. But what you are looking for deals with a lot of history that is not documented. It's hard to find a book on the subject that actually doesnt ASSUME most of its info.

The Craft and its Symbols, available on www.goanchor.com is a GREAT book about masonic symbolism. It is easy to read, lots of pictures, and VERY informative.

posted on May, 8 2005 @ 09:56 PM
link   

Seriously, you guys must really hate life on these boards sometime, it's ruthless.

The Masons have it easy. Try modding this forum. :bnghd:

posted on May, 8 2005 @ 09:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by akilles
I guess the thread pretty much outlines which symbols you should discuss.

The Pentagram.

The Hexagram.

Use of the year 1776 on a Pyramid, of all things.

What does the repeated use of 13 in the symbolism mean?

Was there ever a Great Seal of the 13 Colonies, or what did these 13 colonies consist of exactly (that made them 13)?

I mean, they are named after English Monarchs, most of these colonies, are they not? And there were more than 13 distinct towns in between them? And more than 13 areas of land, between them, so what was 13?

Akilles,

Eye of Horus asked about the "Masonic" symbolism. Nothing you mention here is "Masonic" The 1776 is pretty obvious though...at least to U.S. citizens. 13 obviously refers to the colonies....but again..NO MASONIC SYMBOLISM WHATSOEVER.

posted on May, 8 2005 @ 10:02 PM
link   
* Behold the symbol!

Men toil along the road of life,
But each one looks with different eyes.
Some note but dross or mud or gloom;
Some see bright Logos in the skies.

A gavel strikes; the trowel spreads
Cement to join the ashlars tight.
Freemasons know they're more than tools;
They point the way to Truth and Light.

Wise Plato taught, the world's unreal;
A thing's eternal in the mind.
Life's candle brief is but a symbol,
By God's immortal love defined.

-Conrad Hahn

posted on May, 8 2005 @ 10:20 PM
link   
The pyramid apparently doesn't have masonic symbolism. But it is symbolic of many things if you think about it for instance:

The pyramid is made up of a bunch of stones, each as important to the structure as the next. When combined they make up the whole of the idea of a pyramid. Otherwise they just remain, unrefined unquarried stones, destined to be stuck in the earth and remain nothing but an "unrefined ashlar."

The structure of the pyramid represents the system of capitalism, and free enterprise that our country is founded upon. It also represents the american ideal for success.

The stones at the top are at the top of the pyramid because the work it took to get to that level. The harder you work and the more effort you put into capitalism, the more it gives back to you. The stones at the bottom are there because they are content to hold up the pyramid. To work and consume, to build the econonmy earning a living.

The fact that the pyramid is unfinshed says to me that the idea is unfinished, or there is no end to the building of the pyrmid, no limit to how high you can go if you really want to put forth the effort.

As far as 13 is concerned, the original 13 colonies that declared independence seems pretty important, and something that would be repeated on American currency. Don't read into things too much, after all it is there in front of god and everyone.

posted on May, 8 2005 @ 10:23 PM
link   

The pyramid apparently doesn't have masonic symbolism. But it is symbolic of many things if you think about it:

MANY people have tried connecting Freemasonry to ancient egypt. Never worked. BUT remember that the pyramid as displayed in the dollar bill is a symbol of CIVILIZATION. Very powerful.

posted on May, 9 2005 @ 12:39 AM
link   
The point being, the 13 colonies are basically a tribute to Kings, and colonialism.

Nothing to do with freedom, or the common man's ability to reach the top in that analogy. Nothing to do with everyone being created equal.

They are basically Godly titles given to past (and present) Monarchs, so why should we uphold and remember that?

And I always thought Rhode Island was an island, ya know, its funny how easily words can deceive. The other point being, what is the logical reasoning behind calling it the 13 colonies?

There were more than 13 distinct areas of land, more than 13 distinct important ports, or cities, I don't see what it refers to.

Except, of course, 13 royal edicts.

posted on May, 9 2005 @ 02:31 AM
link   

Originally posted by akilles
There were more than 13 distinct areas of land, more than 13 distinct important ports, or cities, I don't see what it refers to.

Except, of course, 13 royal edicts.

Sigh... they refer to the 13 original divisions of government under the new Federation of States. And they had British names because they had been created under British rule. Doesn't mean that they were a tribute to monarchs after the Revolution, does it?

Remember Akilles: a cynic is just an optimist that has been let down too many times.

posted on May, 9 2005 @ 03:57 AM
link   
It's true. Sometimes things aren't more than they seem.

It is like saying to someone thet the golden "M" in the Mc. Donalds logo means mason. Sometimes it is just the first letter of the company's name.

13=13 colonies
It makes the most sense out of any solid concrete evidence posted on this board.

posted on May, 9 2005 @ 12:09 PM
link   

13=13 colonies
It makes the most sense out of any solid concrete evidence posted on this board.

The simplest explanation is always the most likely.

Only when you are a paranoid nut do you begin to question the obvious.

posted on May, 9 2005 @ 06:18 PM
link   
Senrak and Sebatwerk:

How do you explain the star of David on a Masonic building, when earlier one of you said it was not used in Masonary?

posted on May, 9 2005 @ 06:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by Guy Kawasaki
Senrak and Sebatwerk:

How do you explain the star of David on a Masonic building, when earlier one of you said it was not used in Masonary?

It is not. What you think is the Star of David is actually the Seal of Solomon. The legend of the building of King Solomon's temple is the basis for most masonic ritual, therefore it is not surprising that you might see the Seal of Solomon on a lodge, as every masonic lodge is a representation of the Temple of Solomon.

And please don't try to put me on the defensive anymore by asking "how do you explain, etc etc". If you want to know something, just ask.

[edit on 9-5-2005 by sebatwerk]

posted on May, 9 2005 @ 07:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by Guy Kawasaki
Senrak and Sebatwerk:

Sebatwerk said it best. The Seal of Solomon (not the "star of David") has been placed on some Masonic edifices, but only in reference to King Solomon, to whom Masonry (note that it's Masonr-RY..not Mason-ARY...there's no such word as "Masonary") traces it's traditional history (also note: "traditional" means "we made this up, but we did so to teach certain things") But the "star of David" as you call it it NOT part of regular Masonic symbolism. ....just a deep respect for King Solomon (the son of King David and builder of the Temple)

top topics

<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join