It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Symbols on U.S. Currency...more than just coincidence?

page: 10
<< 7  8  9    11  12  13 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 13 2005 @ 02:09 PM
link   
The inclusion of the eye and the accompanying latin does not prove much on it's own: one piece of evidence never can. It is only when you examine the bigger picture that these details take on more relevance. Having said that this is how I view the symbol on the back of the one dollar bill.
The Pyramid and eye, along with the latin are either intended to be a noble decleration or a sinister one. "(He (God) Favors Our Undertakings. New Order of the Ages."If this was a intended to be a message saying "God (the Christian God of heaven) has favoured our undertakings" then wouldn't any kind of acompanying symboligy be likely to be Christian in nature e.g. a cross or a fish or something. Instead the symbol ambiguous in nature (never the way of a true Christian) and to me the pyramid shape seems to sugest a hierarchical system with enlightenment at the top. This again is not a Christian Idea, but it is a very Masonic Idea.

posted on May, 13 2005 @ 02:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by ediblejon
Instead the symbol ambiguous in nature (never the way of a true Christian) and to me the pyramid shape seems to sugest a hierarchical system with enlightenment at the top. This again is not a Christian Idea, but it is a very Masonic Idea.

That idea is nothing near Masonic in nature. Are you a mason? If not, how would you possibly know this? Freemasonry does not have a Hirearchy, and therefore your claimm does not apply. Freemasonry is a fraternity where EVERYBODY is 100% equal. And the reason why there are no EXPLICITLY Christian symbols is because of the idea of separation of Church and State. This really is an OBVIOUS symbol, and you guys are just looking for things to connect nefariously. It's a waste of time IMHO.

posted on May, 13 2005 @ 02:19 PM
link   
Are you a Mason? If you are then perhaps you are at the bottom of the pyramid? There are degrees in freemasonry. if you are a freemason I presume you will know that. Why does a 100% equal fraturnity operate on such a system? If you are a Freemason I urge you to read the bible, where all the facts are disclosed to you at the begining. I'm not trying to anoy you, but please read the New testament and accept the truth and freedom from Jesus.

posted on May, 13 2005 @ 02:26 PM
link   
And the award for the biggest spin of the day goes out to....
(drum Roll)
(cymbal Crash)
sebatwerk
(sabbat work?)

Originally posted by sebatwerk
Freemasonry does not have a Hirearchy

Wow... hey what else would you like to spin out while your at it. Worshipful Drand Master? Grand lodges? Shriners? LOL
Either your lying, or you are completely blinded by the light. Even Pike acknowleged the hirearchy. Shall I quote from one of my masonic monitors?
If your going to defend freemasonry so adamantly, at least do so honestly. Claiming there is no Hirearchy in freemasonry is absurdity. It is the very foundation of the organization. Degrees? Brazen Serpents? LOL Get Real man. I think you find that while the majority of folks are easily mislead, ATS is a decent collection of people who don't swallow obvious misinfo.

posted on May, 13 2005 @ 02:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by twitchy
Wow... hey what else would you like to spin out while your at it. Worshipful Drand Master? Grand lodges? Shriners? LOL
Either your lying, or you are completely blinded by the light. Even Pike acknowleged the hirearchy. Shall I quote from one of my masonic monitors?
If your going to defend freemasonry so adamantly, at least do so honestly. Claiming there is no Hirearchy in freemasonry is absurdity. It is the very foundation of the organization. Degrees? Brazen Serpents? LOL Get Real man. I think you find that while the majority of folks are easily mislead, ATS is a decent collection of people who don't swallow obvious misinfo.

First and foremost, it’s hierarchy, it’s easier to believe there is one when it’s spelled correctly.

Spin, at least Sebatwerk has enough to go on to intelligently manipulate, you merely have speculation.

I'm not sure what a "Worshipful Drand Master" is, I guess I haven't reached that level yet. Hierarchy? Please feel free to quote any Masonic Monitor you have, I have a few, and Senrak has quite the collection, and I think you'll be hard pressed to provide evidence of your claims. The only one mislead is yourself, imparting your perception on how things must be behind closed doors. Want to see a hierarchy? Look at any corporation, they are required to have one (by the banks that finance them); focus your paranoia there, at least it will have some basis in fact.

Hierarchal Monkeys, not just for being "Top Dog" anymore...

[edit on 13/5/2005 by Mirthful Me]

posted on May, 13 2005 @ 03:04 PM
link   
hierarchy, thanks. I copied it out of sabat-work's post cause I didn't want to look up how to spell it.

posted on May, 13 2005 @ 03:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by sebatwerk
Freemasonry does not have a Hirearchy

The only purpose of degree is for masonic knowledge. A degree does not establish level, rank, or authority. Once you are a 3rd degree Master Mason, you are at the highest level you can ever achieve in the fraternity. This has been discussed MANY times here and elsewhere. The degree of a mason merely shows what level of masonic knowledge he has attained. This is in addition to being a 3rd degree Master Mason, which is a full member of the fraternity.

The Master of a Lodge is a Master Mason, who is voted into the office for one year. He has authority over ALL masons in his lodge, regardless of what degree they have attained. The Grand Master, a 3rd degree Master Mason, is the Master of all lodges in the State, and he has authority over ALL masons in his jurisdiction, including 33rd degree or 99th degree masons, etc etc.

In other words, the ONLY hirearchy of masonic authority is the hirearchy of the officers of the lodge. Degrees have nothing to do with authority or function in the fraternity. The office which you hold does, and you must be a 3rd degree Master Mason to hold office.

So you see, I am not spinning anything. Merely stating the truth.

[edit on 13-5-2005 by sebatwerk]

posted on May, 13 2005 @ 04:31 PM
link   
sebatwerk, this is twisted logic. I can see how no member of the lodge can pull rank on another (presumably all masons are people of social authority and stature to be allowed in, in the first place), other than master mason or grand master, but how can you all be equal if some of you know more than others. Working on the pricipal that knowledge equals power, then those at the top of the pyramid are in a position of authority over those lower down. That is precisely why the Pyramid on the back of the dollar bill seems quite a lot like a masonic symbol, and not a Christian Symbol which would be benefiting a country "Under God".
I'm not saying that Masons are the designers of the new world order. They have their part to play. So do other organisations, both below and above them (hierarchicaly speaking). It is this body of organisations and movements that work upon the principal of knowledge given incrementally that is the new world order, and is symbolically represented on the back of the one dollar bill.
and who or what does the illuminating eye represent? The person at the very top of the pyramid. Lucifer Himself.

posted on May, 13 2005 @ 04:39 PM
link   

sebatwerk, this is twisted logic. I can see how no member of the lodge can pull rank on another (presumably all masons are people of social authority and stature to be allowed in, in the first place), other than master mason or grand master, but how can you all be equal if some of you know more than others.

There are two parts to Freemasonry: the brotherhood, or fraternity, and the spiritual part, which is a very personal experience. The degrees of masonry are designed to be personal experiences, they do not give you rank, or anything of the sort. They are simply moral lessons.

The brotherhood aspect of Freemasonry is a completely different thing. This encompasses lodge activities, voting, lodge officers, etc etc.

Working on the pricipal that knowledge equals power, then those at the top of the pyramid are in a position of authority over those lower down.

Masonic knowledge has nothing to do with authority in the fraternity. It is easy to take degrees. I am currently a 3rd degree Master Mason. On June 11th, in one day, I will become a 32nd degree mason. That's right, 29 degrees are conferred in one day. Does this mean that I, in one day, suddenly "outrank" most masons on the planet? Absolutely not, I just took some degrees that they didnt. It means NOTHING.

But I will have no more authority, and be no different of a mason, than I am now. I will just have taken additional degrees.

Freemasonry is not like the military, it is a voluntary fraternity. There is no need for suboordination or authority.

Next year I will be my lodge's Senior Deacon. I am going to begin moving through the officer's chairs so that one day, several years from now, I can be my lodge's Master. This process is no different than running for different public offices in order to eventually become President. But as far as the brotherhood is concerned, I am at th same level as any other mason, except for 1st and second degree masons, as they are not yet full members of the fraternity.

posted on May, 13 2005 @ 04:41 PM
link   

sebatwerk, this is twisted logic. I can see how no member of the lodge can pull rank on another (presumably all masons are people of social authority and stature to be allowed in, in the first place)

And by the way, ANY MAN can be a mason, regardless of social status. As long as you have a good reputation, a clean criminal record, and a belief in a supreme being, you can be a mason. One of the members of my lodge is a plumber, another is a construction worker.

posted on May, 13 2005 @ 04:57 PM
link   
I appreciated your response.
How do you take the degrees? are they exams? and are they written or oral?
Also who is the supreme being? does it matter which supreme being you belive in when you enter freemasonry?
also what are the moral lessons?
Sorry for so many questions.

posted on May, 13 2005 @ 04:59 PM
link   

(presumably all masons are people of social authority and stature to be allowed in, in the first place)

Well, a Mason acknowledged himself to me as such this week as one and he was a Correctional Officer. Not much there in social standing. A working stiff like the rest of us.

BTW, I'm not a Mason.

posted on May, 13 2005 @ 05:03 PM
link   

I appreciated your response.
How do you take the degrees? are they exams? and are they written or oral?
Also who is the supreme being? does it matter which supreme being you belive in when you enter freemasonry?
also what are the moral lessons?
Sorry for so many questions.

To take the degrees of Masonry, you have to petition the lodge which you want to join. For the main 3 degrees, there is an investigation committe which checks your background, interviews you, and then votes on you. Once you get your 3rd degree, you can join any appendant body, such as the Scottish Rite or York Rite, and take their degrees.

Degrees are ceremonies which are carried out as a type of play, in which everyone, including the candidate, has a part. These plays teach the candidate certain moral lessons, most of which can be found in the Bible. They include charity, truth, honor, brotherly love, faith, hope, etc. etc. For the first three degrees, in order to be able to take the next degree, you must study for an pass a proficiency. Proficiencies basically go over your understanding of the degree, and the symbolism it included. There are no proficiencies in any appendant degrees, I believe.

A Freemason is free to believe in the Supreme Being of his choice. This does not make a difference.

posted on May, 13 2005 @ 05:55 PM
link   
The virtues you mentioned are all honerable ones. That does not make Freemasonry compatible with Christianity though. The Idea that you can worship whichever god you choose does not sit comfortably with any orthodox religion. Religions work on the principal that there is one God and many false gods, therefore people of different faiths should have a problem worshiping alongside each other. This is a New Age Belief. The Belief that any god will do is a Blasphemous one and negates God. In which case why not do away with God, and live in a world without God, where man is god. This is really what the New World Order is about.

You know the story of Adam and Eve. Genesis 3; 5-6. "For God knows when you eat of it [the fruit of the tree of Knowledge] your eyes will be opened, and you will be like God, knowing good and evil"

This is what the move towards world goverment is really all about. The Masons, while it may seem like a journey of spiritual enlightenment is really a pathway into the indoctrination of it's members (many of whom are members of high social standing - in fact i'd say that the "working stiff" in freemasonry is the exception rather than the rule). These high ranking freemasons who are thoroughly embedded into every aspect of society are helping to bring about the destruction of all religions particularly Christianity (the one true religion) and to eventually replace them with the all encompasing religion, the ultimate New Age religion. One example of the attack on Christianity is that God has been taken out of our schools. You can't deny that influence that Freemasons in general carry. They were very involved with this and many other similar things.
I know you will deny this, I'm willing to belive that this is not what many freemasons belive nor want, but the deeper you get the more you will start to.
Anyway, I've talked for too long about the subject. Please at least allow yourself to address these issues.

posted on May, 13 2005 @ 06:10 PM
link   

The virtues you mentioned are all honerable ones. That does not make Freemasonry compatible with Christianity though. The Idea that you can worship whichever god you choose does not sit comfortably with any orthodox religion.

I know, that is why so many entities, such as the nazi regime, the Catholic Church, fascists and communists have always hated Freemasonry. The Craft is all about Freedom, peace and love for ALL of mankinnd, regardless of religion.

This is what the move towards world goverment is really all about. The Masons, while it may seem like a journey of spiritual enlightenment is really a pathway into the indoctrination of it's members

And how can you know this if you are not a Freemason? Do you know what goes on in the lodge behind closed doors? No, you don't. So please don't claim these things as being aFACT, when you have no idea what you are saying, and you sure as hell cannot PROVE your claims.

These high ranking freemasons who are thoroughly embedded into every aspect of society are helping to bring about the destruction of all religions particularly Christianity (the one true religion) and to eventually replace them with the all encompasing religion, the ultimate New Age religion.

AH! THERE it is! You religious zealot you. Come on now, give us a break. You should know better than to start spouting off religious propaganda in a forum of intelligent people.

One example of the attack on Christianity is that God has been taken out of our schools. You can't deny that influence that Freemasons in general carry. They were very involved with this and many other similar things.

Actually, most Freemasons are VERY religious. I don't think this is the work of Freemasons, but rather the collective will of our population. God does not belong in our schools, but that is a different subject altogether.

posted on May, 13 2005 @ 06:34 PM
link   
It is true that I am not a Freemason, nor have I attended any meetings, but I am very interested in finding out the truth about what is going on in the world. subsequently I have read a great deal about freemasons and other organisations, by a varietly of people both Christian and non-Christian alike.

I'm sorry if you think I'm a Zealot. But I am merely stating the truth. And why do you think that Intelligent people are not interested in religion. You cannot refute my claims.

I know the truth and power of Jesus. I have felt him touch my life. It is Jesus who is the saviour of all mankind, not just for the select few. Jesus came to save the WHOLE world regardless of reputation, criminal record or religious background.

posted on May, 13 2005 @ 06:51 PM
link   

It is true that I am not a Freemason, nor have I attended any meetings, but I am very interested in finding out the truth about what is going on in the world. subsequently I have read a great deal about freemasons and other organisations, by a varietly of people both Christian and non-Christian alike.

So then why do you claim things about Freemasonry as being factual, when you really don't know if they are true or not?

I'm sorry if you think I'm a Zealot. But I am merely stating the truth.

It's very disturbing to hear you say that. Your religion is "the one true religion" TO YOU. And you can only be as sure of this as you can be sure that Freemasons are trying to take over the world. You really DON'T know what the one true religion is, or if there even is one. You only know what you believe. That is FAITH.

I am not going to get into an argument like this with someone who believes that their way is the only way. That's about as ignorant as one can get.

posted on May, 13 2005 @ 08:25 PM
link   

hierarchy, thanks. I copied it out of sabat-work's post cause I didn't want to look up how to spell it.

BWA HA HA HA HA HA.

...let me get this straight...you can't spell, you're to lazy use a dictionary and you're an authority on Freemasonry.

BWA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA

Thanks Bert -n- Ernie....I needed a good laugh!!!!

posted on May, 13 2005 @ 08:36 PM
link   

It is true that I am not a Freemason,

Obviously. People who hate Freemasonry and spread untruths about it, tend not to be members.

nor have I attended any meetings,

Which goes without saying since ONLY Masons are allowed to attend Masonic meetings.

but I am very interested in finding out the truth about what is going on in the world.

Then why do you accept only the things written by anti-Masons as being true?

subsequently I have read a great deal about freemasons and other organisations, by a varietly of people both Christian and non-Christian alike.

Have you read anything actually written by MASONS?

I'm sorry if you think I'm a Zealot. But I am merely stating the truth.

As YOU see it. Or are YOU the only person privy to the truth? (You certainly seem to think so...but then again most fundamentalists do)

And why do you think that Intelligent people are not interested in religion. You cannot refute my claims.

I know PLENTY of intelligent people who are interested in religion. I actually know some fundamentalists who are too! Fascinating...isn't it?

I know the truth and power of Jesus.

As do I.

I have felt him touch my life.

As have I.

It is Jesus who is the saviour of all mankind, not just for the select few. Jesus came to save the WHOLE world regardless of reputation, criminal record or religious background.

WAIT! I thought Freemasons were sinners bound for Hell!!!! You contradict yourself.

I, on the other hand, firmly believe that Jesus meant it when he said "In my Father's house there are many dwelling places" ....room enough for Freemasons and perhaps even a few fanatical fundamentalists.

Regards,

posted on May, 14 2005 @ 01:12 AM
link   
"...let me get this straight...you can't spell, you're to lazy use a dictionary and you're an authority on Freemasonry."

It should be, "you're TOO lazy." BWA HA HA HA HA HA.

new topics

top topics

<< 7  8  9    11  12  13 >>

join