It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Have I Disturbed Some One? (Revisited)

page: 9
<< 6  7  8    10  11  12 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 19 2003 @ 10:35 PM
link   
Val:

After the sound of what was like a chair scraping across the floor, there was another lound sound like a "SNAP"...any explanaiton of that one?

posted on Nov, 19 2003 @ 10:49 PM
link   
Well, this is weird...

I've got the WAV file opened in CE2, and I'm slowing down the one portion where it sounds like there's a chair squeaking across the floor.

The weird part is when you slow something down digitally, it starts to get an "alaising" sound (sounds fuzzy). But, no matter how much I slow this sound down, the tone stay s the same....just slower.

I'll play around with it some more and see what I can find.

posted on Nov, 19 2003 @ 10:51 PM
link   
Ok...this is totally freaking me out now...

I've got it where that little segment would take 22 minutes to play (yes, it's slowed down that much), but the tone STILL sounds the same...no changes.

posted on Nov, 19 2003 @ 11:08 PM
link   
Ok...here's what I'm hearing in the wav file:

Initial sounds of unit being set up.

Activation 1:
Two small thumps, and the sound of something moving -as if off in the distance, then audio stops.

Activiation 2:
Slight intereference of some kind, possibly electrical.

Activaiton 3:
There's a BARELY audible voice if you listen carefully. Sounds like someone calling out "Henry" or something. Sounds as if it is coming from an elderly lady.

Activation 4:
Thunderstorm.

Activation 5:
Squeak sound.

Activation 6:
Loud "SNAP"

No more sounds after that.

Still working on that squeak though.

posted on Nov, 19 2003 @ 11:16 PM
link   
Activation #3:
I amplified that one, and can hear three different "tones"...still sounds like a human voice though. There's too much other noise to get a clear distinction of what is being said.

[Edited on 19-11-2003 by elderban]

posted on Nov, 19 2003 @ 11:56 PM
link   
Eerie. Maybe there's more to this than the occupants, perhaps a visitor or something. Perhaps some sordid tale of ...something?

DE

posted on Nov, 20 2003 @ 12:48 AM
link   
Text Black

Val,
I read all about your story and experiences and i just got to say WOW. I would be so freaked out and would of left by now,lol. Let us all know of new paranormal activity and audio.

posted on Nov, 20 2003 @ 07:52 AM
link   
Val,

I sent you and email with a small portion of the file which I slowed way down and filtered noise out. It sounds as though a voice is talking. It is not within human vocal frequency.

The loud noise seems like a chair moving across a wood floor, or a wooden floor board being pried up.
And as has been pointed out, slowing that down does NOT change the sound at all. Just draws it out. Very strange either way.

Also, in the first activation, slowing down that portion, I hear footsteps in a room not too far away (the library possibly).

Let me know what you think of the file I sent you.

Blessed Be

Whitewolf

[Edited on 20-11-2003 by ImAlreadyPsycho]

posted on Nov, 20 2003 @ 08:01 AM
link   
To all who have input:

Thank you all for taking time on this. IAP, I will listen to your file. I had gotten with the media expert at my company yesterday and he had given me suggestions on settings and such in order to try to get the digital file to sound as close to the actual audio tape as possible. I had my grandson all last night and he pretty much demands the center stage. I hope to re-record tonight at these new settings and see if it matches better. Maybe re-analyzing the second recording will help some of you.

Some one had a question about the POP. Sometimes, when the activations occur where there is no apparent sound recorded it has that sound just about the time it turns off. I have not decided if it is an internal artifact or what. I did notice that the sound was very much more apparent on the digital than it was on the audio tape.

A voice, huh? this is freaking me out.

posted on Nov, 20 2003 @ 08:08 AM
link   
I would upload the file for others to give feedback on, unfortunately, I do not have enough background in HTML so at this time, I am looking into the help system for my site that I have my ghost stuff on to find out how to do it. When I can, I will post a link to it or something.

Tim

posted on Nov, 20 2003 @ 08:12 AM
link   
Here it is, IAP.

www.mysticfish.net...

posted on Nov, 20 2003 @ 08:21 AM
link   
Kewl. I just got it uploaded too. Unfortunately, there is still too much humming, but I can distinctly hear that phrase.

Were you able to Val???? I wanna see if anyone else does before I say what phrase I hear so as not to influence anyone.

posted on Nov, 20 2003 @ 08:55 AM
link   
IAP,

As I stated in my email reply to you I do hear the separate and distinct sounds. I cannot say that I hear what you hear, but let us please keep in mind that I am listening on the squawky stock speakers of an A21m IBM Laptop...not conducive to real analysis.

I look forward to reading what others, who may have good audio equipment, get from it.

posted on Nov, 20 2003 @ 11:13 AM
link   
I heard "henry" too, Valhall. But sounds like the voice is cut off mid sentence, as if he/she/it (too much distortion to tell) were trying to say something to "henry" and something happened. It could be technical error.

I don't know....could be anger (muttering the name of an attacker and then the snap she vents her frustration)

An attempt at communication (cut off by either malfunction...or maybe another ghost)

Or maybe lament. I can't wait for the next recording.

DE

posted on Nov, 20 2003 @ 01:21 PM
link   
The last noise I hear (#6) before the the audio is complete is defenitely an outside sound. Kind of like the sound of a wooden ruler being snapped on a table. Perhaps that is the sound that woke you up recently?

I'm using a pair of high-end headphones to listen to the audio.

Sound effects are my hobby (sort off), I have over 10,000 of them...so I'm pretty familiar with most sounds.

That part with the squeak sound is still eeire though.

posted on Nov, 20 2003 @ 01:23 PM
link   
Just spoke with Springer about this characteristic of the loud sound not changing tone when stretched out. He was explaining to me that that would be what you would get if you had a true perfect mono-tone...no matter how much it was stretched out it would remain the same on a digitized signal. So what does that tell us?

posted on Nov, 20 2003 @ 02:04 PM
link   
Well, the only way that sort of tone can be created is if there is feedback in the unit. But, in order for it to get feedback, it would have to be playing at the same time it was recording, and if it did that, you would hear that sound all the time.

It's possible that something was near or passed the recorder that caused some sort of magnetic fluctuation around the recorder.

You may want to consider getting an infa-red video camera. Walmart has the Sony DCR-TRV250 for under $360.

You may also want to consider doing a little research on what extraterrestrial activity may have occured in or around the house.

posted on Nov, 20 2003 @ 03:46 PM
link   
At this rate, Val's going to need to start petitioning for an ATS ghosthunting fund for her hosue with all the stuff we're asking her to buy...

DE

posted on Nov, 20 2003 @ 04:20 PM
link   
heh...true.

I'm going to see if I can dig up some more in-depth history on the house, land, and community. Also going to play with that audio file some more and see if I can extract that "voice" in activation #3.

posted on Nov, 20 2003 @ 06:06 PM
link   
val, u can come and stay at my fort, no doubt

this is freaky!! i rarely get scared by things, and when i am scared.....(get a feeling some1/thing is watching) i immediately investigate with a 12 gauge/halogen torch-light.(im not suggesting shooting anything on the move)
this doesnt really freak me out, just makes me uncomfortable with the thought.
i have respect for the undead/supernatural...but at a moment's notice will investigate things to their fullest.
that's just me, i dont know about you val....but if i was in ur place?? with my kids' being under a possibly posing threat, i'd be up there no second thoughts sifting thru all the crap in that attic!!
anything u dont like? chuck out....
smthng u dont like about the house? change it!!
it is my impression that the house owns you?
dont get thrown back by fear val, just do it....springer's there to help out.
im not an optimist, i am likely to think things thru strategically before attacking smthng that seems to scare me a lot more than i scare it...i am likely to switch the tables if faced by this being face2face

for i am more or less a man of action, i think you should take the next logical steps, and stop playing games with it

give the house a run for it's money *evil grin*
Cyrus

btw: this is a leeeetle off-topic but this comes to remind me, a member posted smthng up ages ago about rendering himself a target for cults to excercise the supernatural on him, have we heard from him since?

[Edited on 21-11-2003 by Cyrus]

top topics

<< 6  7  8    10  11  12 >>

join