It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Have I Disturbed Some One? (Revisited)

page: 12
<< 9  10  11    13  14  15 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 4 2003 @ 05:24 PM
link   
in listening to the last recording, I noticed a "bending " sound be for the snap... like bending a sawblade anyone else get theat?

posted on Dec, 4 2003 @ 06:30 PM
link   
Good luck on that, Springer. Val, I'd be #ing scared too. I'd try warding the door/windows of the room, because as I'm going over this simply EXHAUSTIVE post, it has occured to me that no one ever thought that the ghost might be coming in from the outside. Here's ym new theory:

Grocer kills/beats wife/mistress/ect.

If she is killed, the body still might be on the grounds, but not neccesarily in the house.

If she was just traumatized, the ghost might be spiteful... because while there are no appararitions of the person (which would make it easier to identify the ghost) , there seems to be a lot of sounds. Maybe you should takea few pics of the house at night. Might turn up something.

Maybe it's a symbolic thing... no one could hear her cries for help, so now she's making you hear them and things. Just my thoughts.

DE

posted on Dec, 4 2003 @ 06:44 PM
link   
DE

Good thoughts. I need to share something that I found out this evening. I had to stop by the local pub after work to pick up the pool league score sheets (I'm league secretary) and while I was in I was telling the barmaid about the latest happenings. Well, when I get through she looks over at this guy sitting down the bar a piece and laughs and he says "tell me about it". So we get to talking. He lives exactly one block down from me and him and his wife have been experiencing poltergeist type activity for awhile now. So we both talked through our various experiences and then I asked him "Do you think it could be something that is wandering our street?"

That's why your theory about it "coming in from the outside" has me curious. My brother and his wife knew the last owners of a big house that sits half-way between me and the guy I was talking to. When those people lived in that house there was activity as well. (The people who live there now are rather odd and stand-offish, so I wouldn't feel right just going and asking them about this.)

So could there be something about this general area?

Or, could you be right about the idea that some one (this woman?) could not speak of her abuse while she was alive, so now she is trying to speak out?

I don't know. But last night was weird!

posted on Dec, 4 2003 @ 09:56 PM
link   
I found this article which claims the whole town is haunted Val. So there certainly could be something, about your general area.

www.texas-ec.org...

posted on Dec, 4 2003 @ 10:13 PM
link   

That's why your theory about it "coming in from the outside" has me curious. My brother and his wife knew the last owners of a big house that sits half-way between me and the guy I was talking to. When those people lived in that house there was activity as well. (The people who live there now are rather odd and stand-offish, so I wouldn't feel right just going and asking them about this.)

Do you think they could be "odd and stand-offish" due to exposure to (maybe worse) poltergeist activity? Maybe they don't want to confront their worse fears.

posted on Dec, 4 2003 @ 10:15 PM
link   
No, they just seem normally odd and stand-offish. Ask, Springer, he'll be able to describe in less pc terms

posted on Dec, 4 2003 @ 10:33 PM
link   
Mountain Star, while the article was interesting, that's not where our house is...

The folks accross the street are FREAKIN' PIGS! White Trash USA...

They FINALLY got the junk cars off the front yard after about 3 months of ME cleaning our property of all the overgrowth that the old lady who lived and DIED
in the house left behind... I guess I shamed their lazy asses into it...

Anyway, there is obviously SOMETHING happening up there, what? WHO KNOWS?

I told Val the other night to just "call it out" but alas she was scared or something...

So... I WILL do it tomorrow night when I get up there... Updates will ensue I am sure... Stay TUNED!

PEACE...
m...

[Edited on 12-4-2003 by Springer]

posted on Dec, 4 2003 @ 11:02 PM
link   

We don't live in Jefferson, Texas or even near it...

Mountain Star, while the article was interesting, that's not where our house is...

Yeah I know that Springer. I was just using that as an example. If that can happen to a whole town....it can certainly happen to a general area....such as Val's street being that others are also experiencing paranormal activity nearby.

[Edited on 09/08/2002 by MountainStar]

posted on Dec, 4 2003 @ 11:13 PM
link   

Anyway, there is obviously SOMETHING happening up there, what? WHO KNOWS?

I told Val the other night to just "call it out" but alas she was scared or something...

So... I WILL do it tomorrow night when I get up there... Updates will ensue I am sure... Stay TUNED!

PEACE...

I don't blame her for not wanting to "call it out". I wouldn't either.
Good luck Springer!
shouldn't you have some kind of protection or something? Like... surrounded with the white light or a cross?

posted on Dec, 5 2003 @ 05:03 AM
link   
Don't worry Mountainstar, I knew what you meant

And though Springer has very elogquently described one set of neighbors...it was the wrong ones.

posted on Dec, 5 2003 @ 07:27 AM
link   
Just scanned thru this thread making note of only Val's posts, made easier by the appearance of the TWAT award.

Anyways just wanted to say the black & white pic of the house is so freaky. It gives me shivers up the spine.

posted on Dec, 5 2003 @ 08:10 AM
link   
Questor, I agree, I have seen that pic many times, and I believe I told val it gave me shivers the first time I saw it.

Val and Springer. Calling this thing out is ok. But Springer, be careful. If you show too much emotion, it could back fire. Now, I am not saying anything about your demeanor Springer, but, you and I have much the same personality when it comes to getting our points across. This trait is one you DO NOT want to use on these things.

Tell it that it's pissing you off, but, do not get mad. Do NOT yell. Lay down ground rules. Tell it as long as it plays by the rules it is fine, but overstepping the rules will result in consequence. But SHOW NO EMOTION.

Entities feed on energy much like we feed on food. There is not greater energy force than that of human emotion. The more emotion you send out, the more they feed. If it is anger or fear, they will react accordingly. Meaning, fear will make them scarier, and anger will make them meaner.

While I do advise you to talk to it (like family I might add), I also strongly strongly urge you to BE CAREFUL. Sit down and think about what you want to say. Calm yourself first. Give it a few rules to follow. DON'T THREATEN IT. Advise it that following the rules is expected and there will be consequences if rules aren't followed, but don't lay out threats.

Again, I cannot stress enough, if you think you need it (things get too bad) find the nearest Shaman. They will know what to do to completely remove the spirit/entity.

Good luck, and be careful.

Blessed Be

Whitewolf

posted on Dec, 5 2003 @ 08:14 AM
link   
I agree with IAP. I don't want any of this "calling out" stuff. Springer you said you were going to talk to it in a "neighborly fashion".

See, here's the deal. This stuff is pretty disconcerting when it happens. And right in the moment sometimes it is downright scary. But there isn't anything "pissing me off". I'm not upset by anything. I'm curious. I want to make sure I understand why this happening. (i.e. is there something I need to learn? discover? do?) Or is it something I need to accept and say (as my dear sweet mother advised me)..."okay, you want to continue to live here, but this is also our home now so we must learn to live together".

Nothing threatening has happened yet. Nothing malevolent has occurred. I'm not ready for Springer to come in guns a blazing and start pissing something off!

posted on Dec, 5 2003 @ 09:05 AM
link   
Very understandable Val. This is why I say lay out ground rules.

In my home, things REALLY got scary for a while. When I learned enough and started actully using my "latent abilities" and working with a paranormal investigator/reseacher who happens to be a Shaman "ghost dancer" in my area, I got somewhere. One of the first things I learned was to be "proactive" yet, treat them as a friend or family member (after all, you have to "live" under the same roof as them at least temporarily).

Here are some examples of ground rules (and they do work if you do not do this in anger, I have used them and continue to).

Do not enter xxxxx room. That room is off limits to anyone not in the living world. (you may use your daughters room. This will keep them out of her room or at least should if you do things nicely)

Do not intentionally scare (insert a name or names here, even ages if you want no one under XX years old to know what is going on).

Do not break ANYTHING. If anything gets broken, you will be unwelcome here.

No noise shall be made after XXX oclock. (I had to use this as they would keep me awake two or three nights a week making noise that sounded like a barroom brawl in my living room, I said, after ten, no noise shall be made unless to warn me and my family of danger.... it worked and continues to work well)

These are a few rule, make up your own too. But when you start, tell them you have a few rules you wish for them to follow, then give the rules. When finished, tell them, you don't mind them hannging around as long as the rules are ALWAYS followed.

My hunch is one of two things will happen (as long as no emotion is shown during the converstaion).
1. You will have a much less scary home as they will comply to the rules as you are being personable with them and they will understand.

2. It or they (if you have more than one......) will leave permanently. I had a few leave. They didn't like my rules but, since the rules were there, rather than breaking them, they left. I still have many around, but they follow the rules.

The biggest things to remember are to show absolutely NO emotion, and be personable. Try to act like you care about them. Talk to them. Like I say, it feels weird for a while, but, they are listening. I talk to mine quite often. It makes them feel like part of the family. Tell them when good things have happened, tell them when you feel down.

They are listening. I know it to be true, as I have recently talked to my spirits, and the female who I percieve as a caring "motherly" figure, has been consoling me since the death of my grand father slightly over a week ago. She is very protective of me too, and has been since we started talking.

I know Springer is prolly thinking I am a fruitcake and I am in need of a straight jacket, but, I have lived through this stuff, and I know what I am talking about. It will work if done right.

I encourage it, but like I say, be kind and caring. Don't come running in with both barrels blasting.

Blessed Be

Whitewolf

posted on Dec, 5 2003 @ 09:19 AM
link   
Dear IAP,

Thank you for your advice. Also, I am very very sad to hear of your loss

You are in my prayers.

posted on Dec, 5 2003 @ 12:34 PM
link   
Thanks Val. Much appreciated.

posted on Dec, 5 2003 @ 01:01 PM
link   
I hope Springer reads your message IAP. I'm sorry about your loss.

posted on Dec, 5 2003 @ 02:24 PM
link   
Can I say WOW

I just spent an awful lot of "work" time reading this entire post...I definatley got the heebie jeebies several times.
I want to trhow a few thing out that came to mind.

I live in a small Gold Rush community in Nor Cal, and have lived and been to many old houses. The entire city limits is built on top of mutiple gold mines composed of hundreds upon hundreds of miles of various shafts and tunnels. The whole area (actualy two sister cities) has a certain vibe about it. But I have seen the meathook thing on several occasions, many times they were used to hang food staples from to keep critters from getting to them, but in your case it does feel rather ominous.

Definately try the caller ID thing. It may help determine the source of this bit of it. I'm an IT tech and have done a fair amount of telco work, and was going to suggest the possibility that a neighbor may be functioning on the same frequency as your wireless handset. That still would'nt fully explain some of this, but you never know.

I also own a small project studio and posses a fair amount of professional audio gear. I have downloaded all the samples (except for the attic expedition got 404 errors). I too will do some analysis on them. I avoided reading everyones interpretations in order to enter it without any preconceived ideas. I did see that someone ran a spectral analysis already, but I too will run several. I'll post my findings in the audio realm.

In my own experince with old houses I have seen some bizzare things. I lived in a house that was "haunted" the same house several different times. Once as a teen and then years later as and adult. It was owend by family friends. There were many creepy things about the house that I will share when I get all my notes together. Three quick things I will mention is a small air shaft in the back yard that was appx two feet in diameter and dropped as far as you could see-we would toss flares and fireworks down many times until my dad pointed out we could ingnite some gas trapped in the old mine shafts (mainly to scare us I'm sure). And there are two "closests" I will call them. One was appx 20ft by 5ft and had two door to access either end, inside this closet there were two windows. My theory on this was that they had sectioned of part of the living room area to possibly create a living qaurters of sorts. The house had been said to be a boarding house of sorts for the local mine workers. the other "closet" was located between a bedroom and the previously mentioned living room. It was appx 15ft long and 4ft wide with a window at the far end from where the two doors (one for the bedroom and one for the living room) are located, basicaly creating a hallway to nowhere. It reminded me of the Winchester mystery house. I'll post about the "room" and "staircase" when I start a thread about the ghosts.

There are numerous ghosts reports all the time, phantom 49rs on dark roads, ghosts of murdered prostitutes and burning specteres. Both towns have burned down several times killing many people. I had my share of experiences...but that's for another thread.

I anxiously await the unfolding of the events to come.

all my best.
If I can be of assistance, feel free to ask.

BTW. here's a few links to my area-
www.ncgold.com...
www.aboutnevadacounty.com...

"Three blocks up Broad St., the Nevada Theater beckons those interested in literary history -- and ghosts. "We have ghosts, a man and a woman," confides Foothill theater employee Nancy Hoagland. Perhaps these fabled residents are inspired by past fabricators who have graced the theater: Mark Twain appeared twice on its stage, as did John Wilkes Booth's actor-brother, Edwin Booth. (Jack London never made his scheduled show because of flooding downstream.) Established in 1865, the theater is the oldest theater building in California and still hosts a full season of performances"

www.calgoldrush.com...

big history here, from Mark Twain, to the Chinese settlers, Indians, and Lyman Gilmore (a man some say flew before the Wright Bros)

[Edited on 12-5-2003 by exdog]

posted on Dec, 5 2003 @ 02:45 PM
link   
on the subject EVP

I ran across this...Donner's only little over an hour from...might a fun and scary trip...

www.ghrs.org...

posted on Dec, 5 2003 @ 04:31 PM
link   
My suggestion for Springer's negotiation tactics would be to ask questions. Find otu who it is, what it wants. The only reason ghosts stick around is because there's unfinished bussiness to take care of.

IAP is right. Ghosts feed off emotion. Some deliebrately seek to ellicit emotions, mostly ones they felt before their death/ dealing with their death.

Most of all, BE CAREFUL. We don't want to make things worse.

DE

top topics

<< 9  10  11    13  14  15 >>

join