It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Would you KILL to protect your family?

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 27 2003 @ 09:58 PM
link   
KILL! If someone was going to do harm to my family I would KILL them in an instant. :-)

posted on Jul, 27 2003 @ 10:04 PM
link   
...having already been placed in a situation, and having only been stopped from taking someones life by the intervention of a family member...I can comfortably say that "Yes...in a heartbeat"

Peace,
ALIEN

posted on Jul, 27 2003 @ 10:35 PM
link   
Would you KILL to protect your family?

In a second.

posted on Jul, 27 2003 @ 10:48 PM
link   
U_P-----AR 15

AMEN TO THAT

posted on Jul, 27 2003 @ 10:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by Illmatic67

Originally posted by Nightwalker
Wow dragonrider. A shotgun would of helped yes. AR-15 would be my choice. Shoot all their knee caps.

Nightwalker

AR-15?

It's an apartment complex, not Vietnam.

Have to agree. Rifles are extremely overpenetrative. End up killing all the neighbors. In most residential neigborhoods, a shotgun with no larger than #4 buckshot is needed. Handguns are not a bad idea, but stick with prefragmented ammo (Glaser, Magsafe, ect).

posted on Jul, 27 2003 @ 11:00 PM
link   
Without hesitation. For my familly, for my loved one. I'd kill to save a friend or innocent people (womens, kids or elder ones)

posted on Jul, 27 2003 @ 11:10 PM
link   
..after reflecting, DR is correct. Yet I did have to use a .357 w/Hollows in an apartment once and the round penetrated my living room wall, a wooden kitchen chair and the wall seperating the next apartment from mine- I ran over to the neighbors later to see if I had done him in!

posted on Jul, 27 2003 @ 11:14 PM
link   
Well, I would have to think about it. Depends which family memeber, if it is my mother-in-law....hmmm...

but anyone closer yes.

posted on Jul, 28 2003 @ 04:55 PM
link   
I left this thread alone all night in the hopes of confirming my thoughts...

Not ONE denial. Not ONE true liberal in the bunch... Heck I got 3 "stupid question" responses...

Classic case right here on ATS. Liberals are all about SPEWING NOT doing. They spew about taking my money and giving to someone else, MY money NOT their's.

They spew about Anti Gun Laws but rest assured they'd shoot your ass off if you went after them! Total PHONIES...

PEACE...
m...

posted on Jul, 28 2003 @ 05:02 PM
link   
Well I never said it was a stupid question......but I would only kill if someone I knew was in danger. If it was just a burglary, I think I'd try and shoot the kneecaps or arms instead.....

posted on Jul, 28 2003 @ 05:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by dragonrider

Have to agree. Rifles are extremely overpenetrative. End up killing all the neighbors. In most residential neigborhoods, a shotgun with no larger than #4 buckshot is needed. Handguns are not a bad idea, but stick with prefragmented ammo (Glaser, Magsafe, ect).

Nooooo....Don't worry. AR-15 is 5.56 mm. That light bullet cannot go through a wall. A door, may be. But a wall ? Of course, if you have a 7.62 mm ( minigun ) or even a 12.7 mm machine gun, it's another story.

posted on Jul, 28 2003 @ 05:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by ultra_phoenix

Originally posted by dragonrider

Nooooo....Don't worry. AR-15 is 5.56 mm. That light bullet cannot go through a wall. A door, may be. But a wall ? Of course, if you have a 7.62 mm ( minigun ) or even a 12.7 mm machine gun, it's another story.

Considering that modern residential housing is only a sparse 2x4 stud and 1/2 inch thick drywall, yeah, .223 will go through it, at least at point blank range. Indeed, the Israelis with thier new Tovar assault rifle understood this problem and the unintended casualties, so they are ressurecting the ancient .30 carbine round... Because of less penetration.

posted on Jul, 28 2003 @ 06:01 PM
link   
I bet you people couldn't even handle the kickback of an AR-15. You'll end up shooting at the sky.

posted on Jul, 28 2003 @ 06:03 PM
link   
Luckily you get your shot off BEFORE you fall backwards on your @$$...

take it from me

posted on Jul, 28 2003 @ 06:11 PM
link   
what you should be asking is how many of us have killed to protect our familly

posted on Jul, 28 2003 @ 06:12 PM
link   

I bet you people couldn't even handle the kickback of an AR-15. You'll end up shooting at the sky.

Yeah, cuz of course you all know us personnaly.

posted on Jul, 28 2003 @ 06:13 PM
link   

With all due respect, the AR-15 (.223/5.56mm) is nothing but a very badly overblown .22

12 G is far more difficult to handle... but when it goes off, it pretty much clears the room. Your unlikely to need more than 1 round.

posted on Jul, 28 2003 @ 06:14 PM
link   
As per the original question:
I feel that if it was my last resort or only way of saving a loved one, etc., then I would prolly do so. Till then, I prefer to cripple....

regards
seekerof

posted on Jul, 28 2003 @ 06:15 PM
link   
From the range you were at, DR, no doubt you would have taken two of their heads with you. In my apartment i have a 12 gauge semi-auto mossberg with a forward combat grip. if someone comes through my door, i'm going to need to repaint.

posted on Jul, 28 2003 @ 06:18 PM
link   
dragonrider

A short leap in time.

A gathering of ATS people in the midwest, some heretofore unknown to you, you're grilling.

Some maniac (not me or anyone I care to suggest) under provocation has started showing aggressive, almost violent tendencies in support of some conspiracy argument. Reaches behind back and appears to be pulling something out of holster or rear of pants...

What do you do?

After you've done what you've done, you find out it is a facsimile of an ancient scroll of some sort.

What do you do now?

Thought I might inject it here rather than on the ATS Convention thread...

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join