It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Would you KILL to protect your family?

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 27 2003 @ 05:38 PM
link   
I wonder how many folks out there would actually pull the trigger, swing the bat, etc... to keep someone from harming their loved ones?

I know alot of bleeding heart liberals who are always ranting on about criminals rights ala the Tony Martin case, who I bet WOULD INDEED desire to blow someone away who was about to harm one of their loved ones. Only problem is they sold their gun to their city council and now have to get after the bad guys with threats of ACLU action.

This presents them with another problem though because the ACLU will probably sue THEM for having loved ones who caused him to go crazy and harm them.

I can see it now...

ACLU -"Mr. Liberal was your wife wearing clothes or not?"

Mr. Liberal - "Why yes she was"

ACLU - "Do you NOT understand that mr. murderer was raised in a society that banned the wearing of clothes?! Can't you see that your wife was a DIRECT threat upon mr. murderer's faith and societal image?! Can't you see your wife HAD TO DIE so that this poor man could continue to grow and diversify?! Your honor! We DEMAND Mr. Liberal pay restitution!!!"

Ah yes the sweet smell of insanity...

PEACE...
m...

posted on Jul, 27 2003 @ 05:41 PM
link   
Hmmmm......given the choice between Kill, Maime and Knock-Out, I wouldn't choose kill.....I don't fancy Hell much. But if I had NO choice, I would have to kill to save my loved ones......I wouldn't be able to live with myself afterwards otherwise

posted on Jul, 27 2003 @ 05:44 PM
link   
Duh. My family is very important to me. If someone were going to kill them I would do everything in my power to stop him.

Nightwalker

posted on Jul, 27 2003 @ 05:45 PM
link   
I left out the other possibilities, maime, knockout, etc... on purpose.

I wonder where we all fall on the issue of killing to protect the innocent...

PEACE...
m...

BTW- I LOVE Fear and Loathing in L.V.

posted on Jul, 27 2003 @ 05:48 PM
link   
I've seen my 2 year old son run infront of a heavy security door which was #ting. I threw myself at the decreasing gap and dived through it, pushing him out of the way. I was not injured, but the door did crush my ribs, briefly, it hurt a bit. There was not a moment of hesitation. I think if I saw someone injure my boy, or threaten him with a weapon, I would do anything.

posted on Jul, 27 2003 @ 05:51 PM
link   
I posted this on another thread...

Many years ago, I lived in an apartment in a less than nice neighborhood (we can't all afford to live in the nice neighborhoods). My girlfriend at the time let herself in one night kind of late, about 10PM, and shut the door behind her (thankfully, locking it). Within 30 seconds, there was a heavy knock (more like a pounding) at my door, and a demand to open up. I looked through the peephole and saw 4 very large guys outside, and they were getting insistent about opening the door (they had seen a single woman enter, didn't know I was inside).

In the next 5 seconds, I got my girlfriend to lay down in the bedroom closet, tossed my cordless phone in with her and told her to dial 911, while I returned to the front door with John Moses Brownings most famous invention, the 1911A1 .45. I told them in no uncertain terms to leave, and that I was armed. I racked the slide to make my point. All 4 of them looked at each other for a second, and then the largest decided to kick my door in. About the time my door parted from the doorjam, I fired one round, lucky for the adversaries no one was hit, but they all suddenly decided they had somewhere else to go. I then spent the next 6 hours talking to police, filling out paperwork, being questioned, and generally doing things that I would rather have not done at 3 AM. The police later that night/morning found 2 of the 4 (the other 2 were later found, as thier friends rolled over on them) and I had to ID them all in a lineup. Because they were local wannabe gangbangers, I had to break my lease and leave my apartment complex (costing me a LOT of money).

My point is that I was confronted with 4 very large UNARMED men who no interest in anything except inflicting death or serious bodily injury on me, and sexually assaulting my girlfriend. Had I not been armed, I have no doubt, I would have been overpowered and killed, and my girlfriend gangraped at the least. My only regret of the time is that I didn't have a 12 guage shotgun to answer the door with instead of my .45.

posted on Jul, 27 2003 @ 05:56 PM
link   
Wow... This is EXACTLY why I support the NRA's fight against the gun laws. Imagine the different path your life would have taken, assuming you weren't killed in the battle, had you NOT had your lovely ACP...

PEACE...
m...

posted on Jul, 27 2003 @ 06:13 PM
link   
" Would you KILL to protect your family? "

Sorry, but in my opinion it's a stupid question. To protect my familly, I would do ANYTHING ! And if I have to kill one or some " poor misunderstood guys " ( that's why they are criminals, because our bad society do not understand them ), I will not hesitate one second.

It should be interesting to read what our liberals friends have to write on that matter. Who bet they'll say we are dangerous psychopath.

posted on Jul, 27 2003 @ 06:18 PM
link   
Wow dragonrider. A shotgun would of helped yes. AR-15 would be my choice. Shoot all their knee caps.

Nightwalker

posted on Jul, 27 2003 @ 06:23 PM
link   
Given the choice of shoot to kill, or shoot to maim, I will shoot to kill, dead people cannot sue you, or dispute your story.

posted on Jul, 27 2003 @ 06:25 PM
link   

Given the choice of shoot to kill, or shoot to maim, I will shoot to kill, dead people cannot sue you, or dispute your story.

True. So true.

Nightwalker

posted on Jul, 27 2003 @ 06:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by Nightwalker
Wow dragonrider. A shotgun would of helped yes. AR-15 would be my choice. Shoot all their knee caps.

Nightwalker

AR-15?

It's an apartment complex, not Vietnam.

posted on Jul, 27 2003 @ 06:52 PM
link   
Does the Pope crap in the woods?

(that's an old Southpark reference before anyone gets offended....)

I'd kill to protect my family. In fact, I'd kill to protect anyone dear to me.
I live with 2 roommates, and we have guns in the house. It's a decent neighborhood and nothing more dangerous than some vandalism happens around here, but if someone who ain't supposed to be here walks in the door, the guns come out.
My self defense training came from a cop, so maybe it's just that mentality drilled into me...center mass, shoot to kill, and here's 3 different ways to break someone's windpipe.

I think people assume *everyone* would kill if it were a matter of badguy's live or lovedone's life. Some people just aren't wired that way, though.

-B.

posted on Jul, 27 2003 @ 07:04 PM
link   
True story. Back in either late February early March a family gets up in North Dallas. Good neighborhood. Condominiums and nice apartments. Husband is upstairs shaving. Wife and kids are at the breakfast table downstairs. Husband hears BANG (not a gun, more of a pounding on the door), BANG, BANG and all of sudden he can hear male voices hollering downstairs.

Meanwhile downstairs 3 guys come busting through the front door, armed, to do a gang hit...only they had the wrong house. They bust through the front door and start yelling at the woman (with the kids right there with her). Where's (so and so). And she's saying I don't know any (so and so). And they keep hollering it.

Back at the bathroom sink...just as soon as the man hears the male voices yelling downstairs he locates his gun and heads downstairs...long story short he wasted two of them right in the front yard...one got away. When the Dallas news covered the story the dead bodies were still sprawled all over the front yard.

Don't believe he's had any repercussions.

And I would do the same thing.

I saw an classified ad in the local paper once. It went like this:

To whomever broke into our house at ADDRESS LISTED last Thursday. From now on I will be sitting up three nights a week with my shotgun. Feel free to come back by. You pick the night.

posted on Jul, 27 2003 @ 07:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by Illmatic67

AR-15?

Exactely why that weapon is good for such a place. Short, easy to handle, accurate, 600 rounds p/m....If you live in an appartment complex, AR-15 is what you need.

[Edited on 28-7-2003 by ultra_phoenix]

posted on Jul, 27 2003 @ 07:57 PM
link   
I would kill. If someone was after my family I would shoot them in the head. I have taken time to think about this before and I believe I would kill to protect my family.

posted on Jul, 27 2003 @ 08:48 PM
link   
If someone threatens my life, or that of my loved ones, it's kill or be killed, and they have just forfeit their right to live...imho...

I shoot for chest shots.... Luckily, I've never had to use deadly force against a criminal, though at times, I've had to severely wound them... This all stemmed from getting mugged when I was 18. 7 guys mugged me and a buddy. I ended up getting beat up pretty bad, but nothing broken. I was able to break one of their noses though...
They had a plan though, 4 went on me (I'm bigger), 3 for my buddy. They got my wallet, but it was pretty empty ($3), as I had just gotten back from a Strip Club...
(Hey, I was finally 18, so we had some fun....)

Only other time was when a guy came up to my car window and demanded money, with a knife. At the time (before I was 21), I had a CO2 pellet pistol under my seat. I acted like I was getting my money, then unloaded about 20 pellets into his face....

posted on Jul, 27 2003 @ 08:54 PM
link   
Two in the heart and one in the head,
A kick in the nuts to make sure he is dead!

posted on Jul, 27 2003 @ 09:36 PM
link   
Nightwalker

AR-15?

HAHAHA i own a sks with a 30 round clip if some mofo comes in hes gettin all 30 and not coming back. O and in vietnam they had m16s totally different gun. and i prefer the ar 180b more accurate.

(edit) next purchase is a pre ban mac 10- saw him in half from down the hall way!

[Edited on 28-7-2003 by NinjaoftheNight]

posted on Jul, 27 2003 @ 09:46 PM
link   
I would agree with UP, this is an irrelevant question. If you wouldn't kill to save your own flesh and blood, you are nothing more than a coward.

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join