It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Would you KILL to protect your family?

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 29 2003 @ 08:28 AM
link   
ValHall:

I totally beleive B.S. HAS been called on the Libs... I know they hang here and I know NOT ONE of them voiced up and demanded my address so the gun control freaks could come get me.

As I stated in an earlier post they are nothing but SPEW!

P.S. How's about thursday night?

posted on Jul, 29 2003 @ 09:24 AM
link   
I'll check my calendar.

Don't be too hard 'em...some of 'em are good friends.

posted on Jul, 29 2003 @ 11:41 AM
link   
Roger that... As long as you don't count on 'em they can be friends all right...

posted on Jul, 29 2003 @ 10:53 PM
link   
For those who would like to learn good self defence measures, and especially for the women interested in the same, check these out...

Team Tactics expose clients to application of team concepts to shooting and confrontation management. Topics include: Cover fire, movement and fire, response to multiple threats, deployment to close quarters, and protection of yourself and your partner. Format addresses interior and exterior environments and is highly recommended for law enforcement officers or members of the same family (husbands & wives).
DHG 1 or equivalent required. Ammunition: *1000 rounds. 50% of ammunition required must be ball ammunition.

thunderranchinc.com...

Ladies-Only Pistol, Levels 1 and 2

These two-day classes will provide women the skills to protect themselves and their loved ones. You will acquire all the essential self-defense skills with the handgun in a safe, and supportive environment. You will learn gun safety, marksmanship, gun-handling and combat mindset. You will receive special attention, and the opportunity to practice your skills in a variety of situations, including a simulator.
At the end of your �Ladies-Only Pistol� class you�ll be calm, and self-assured � able to recognize and avoid or deal with a real-life threat. The modern lady arranges herself so that she is never surprised.

Most women record this experience as �life changing� with newfound confidence and an identifiable loss of fear of the unknown and firearms.

Having enjoyed oneself in the �Ladies-Only Pistol� class, you can take your skills on to our �250� course, confident that you have all the basics for the more involved course offerings.

Most graduates return annually for recurrent training in these classes.

Ammunition: 450 rounds of training ammo, 50 rounds of frangible for simulator
�Ladies Pistol 1� prerequisite for �Ladies Pistol 2�

www.gunsite.net...

posted on Jun, 15 2006 @ 06:54 PM
link   
but yea, would kill to save my country so id kill to save my family no diff, but then.....

posted on Jun, 15 2006 @ 11:13 PM
link   
I would kill to save my family, or any innocent person who was caught a victim to a violent crime. If I witnessed it and was able to stop it by attacking the attacker...I would.

Also I am a moderate who tends to lean a bit towards the liberal side. However I do believe that we should have the right to own firearms as long as we have no history of violent crime on our records.

posted on Jun, 17 2006 @ 01:31 PM
link   
Yes absolutely.

no hesitation.

I have often thought about this, if someone hurt one of my kids and he/she was in jail then I would of course get his/her name and spread the word and if they/whoever didnt get to him/her before me, I would either traditionally practice or find a way of physically killing him/her myself. I would be prepared to sit in jail for however long.

A woman did that a while ago, he had raped and murdered her child so she walked up and shot him in the courtroom. Excellent stuff!

posted on Jun, 17 2006 @ 01:37 PM
link   
If someone was going to kill or seriously hurt a member of my family or someone i loved, then yes i would do anything in my power to stop them. I am very protective about the people i love and care for, ask people who know me.

So if there was no other choice but to kill someone to save a loved one, then yes without a doubt i would do it.

Good thread BTW Springer.

posted on Jun, 17 2006 @ 02:13 PM
link   
I would think the best way to go about is, in an escalating level of force, to obtain your objective, i.e., protecting your loved ones. Up to and including killing, if it was truly necessary.

Of course in an actual situation where I thought there was imminent danger, no telling what actions I would ultimately take.

Different parts of your psyche would definitely come into play, and in severe situations, you may not have total control of yourself.

I don't want to stray too far off of the topic, but in dangerous situations, there are many psychological factors that should be taken into consideration.

edit = typo.

[edit on 6/17/2006 by Mechanic 32]

posted on Jun, 17 2006 @ 02:32 PM
link   
I agree with mechanic...there's levels of force that should be used. But let's face it, not everyone knows what they are and when crap start flying it's fight or flight.

So yeah. I would kill to protect my family or to stop someone from inflicting unjust serious harm to anyone.

posted on Jun, 17 2006 @ 02:34 PM
link   
Thou Shalt Not Kill

It is my personal belief that even if youre own life is forfeit; you do not have the right to take another to save your own. I do not believe there are any exceptions. So if your family is threatened and you have to kill to protect them; then I believe your soul still has to pay the price.

That being said: I would NOT kill to save myself.

however

I would send my soul to the depths of hell itself if that action would save my family!

posted on Jun, 17 2006 @ 02:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by TONE23

What about forgiveness? I think Jesus would certainly forgive us for killing.

posted on Jun, 17 2006 @ 03:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by SportyMB

Originally posted by TONE23

What about forgiveness? I think Jesus would certainly forgive us for killing.

That hypotheosis is totally out of my hands. I have no idea what-so-ever if God(Jesus, God, Buddha, Shiva, etc...) will forgive me or not. I cannot assume I will be forgiven. Thats why I will not kill to save myself. There is alot of truth(for me) in the bible even though I am not necc. christian. The example I gave was out of the ten commandments(of course) it is one of the laws that is true no matter what religion you follow(given that said religion is one of light and virtue.)

and even if he did forgive me for killing to save myself; I couldnt live with myself for it. I could however going living just fine; even with the full knowledge and understanding that: since I killed to save my family im going to hell(whatever faith defines your own hell.)

posted on Jun, 17 2006 @ 03:09 PM
link   

That hypotheosis is totally out of my hands.

That's cool

I assumed you were Chrisitan because you referenced hell and other things...but I see what you're sayng.

Later
Sporty

posted on Jun, 17 2006 @ 03:11 PM
link   
Yes I would kill to protect my family/ or myself. Maiming wont work, he might comeback again
jk

posted on Jun, 17 2006 @ 03:47 PM
link   
To protect my family I would have no problem killing another man, though it would affect me deeply after the fact.
I think I would kill to protect any innocent person from harm.

Anyone that wants to harm other people for personal gain, profit or pleasure deserves to die.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3   >>

join