It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

North Korea Says UN Sanctions a `Declaration of War'

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 27 2005 @ 09:42 AM
link   
If the U.S consults with the U.N about North Korea Having Nukes they will take it as a Declaration of War

www.bloomberg.com...

So So sorry if this is old

[edit on 27-4-2005 by Soul_Contagious]

posted on Apr, 27 2005 @ 09:54 AM
link   

If the U.S consults with the U.N about North Korea Having Nukes they will take it as a Declaration of War

This be bad, very very bad!!!

If they see that as a declaration of war how long will it be before the nukes start flying???

posted on Apr, 27 2005 @ 10:14 AM
link   
More overheated rhetoric from the nutty North Koreans.

Honestly, I don't think NK is in any shape to attack anyone, aside from their own people. If NK attacks anyone it will be the last spasm of a nation undergoing total collapse.

posted on Apr, 27 2005 @ 10:18 AM
link   
You think Kim cares about his nation going down the pan if he attacks someone? as someone said in a thread about this, Kim will die some day and he is probably thinking..why not take the world with me

posted on Apr, 27 2005 @ 10:28 AM
link   
I think Kim is certifiable, I also don't think he has the capability to "take the world with him" even if he wanted to. NK has a few nukes, the question as to whether he has the means to dliver them very far is open. They are trying to develop long range missles, but they are basically glorified SCUDs, and I wouldn't bet any money on their ability to hit anything.

NK could certainly rain a hellish artillery barrage on the South Koreans, and maybe a couple nukes, bad, but not the end of the world.

posted on Apr, 27 2005 @ 10:31 AM
link   
NK dont have to hit the US for war to be declared thus bringing the end of the world!

If NK launched a nuke at China claiming it was a US nuke, there you go WW3!

[edit on 27/4/2005 by MickeyDee]

posted on Apr, 27 2005 @ 10:34 AM
link   

Originally posted by MickeyDee
NK dont have to hit the US for war to be declared thus bringing the end of the world!

If NK launched a nuke at China claiming it was a US nuke, there you go WW3!

[edit on 27/4/2005 by MickeyDee]

Although I agree with your logic, they couldnt fool the Chinese that easily. Its the LAUNCH that is detected. So China would easily see where it originated from. But I agree 100% that all they would need to do is send a single nuke twards any other nuclear power to start a nuclear war.

posted on Apr, 27 2005 @ 10:38 AM
link   
What if they detonated in NK and told China it was from the US?

Would China defend them???

posted on Apr, 27 2005 @ 10:38 AM
link   
The Chinese are not stupid, and I doubt they'd be that easily suckered into a nuclear exchange with the US.

Also I suspect they have radar capable of determining the trajectory of an incoming missile, a missle coming from NK is going to be following an entirely different trajectory than one coming from the continental US.

Even in the unlikely event they succeeded in fooling the Chinese, the Chinese don't have enough of an ICBM arsenal to "destroy the world", maybe enough to wipe out big chunks of the West Coast.

Would China defend them???

I doubt it. I suspect the Chinese are not going to shed a lot of tears for their troublesome neighbor. It's not 1950 anymore, and I think the Chinese are sick and tired of the Pyongyang regime's antics. I believe the two have had some minor border clashes actually.

[edit on 27-4-2005 by xmotex]

posted on Apr, 27 2005 @ 10:41 AM
link   
I dont think China would go to war with the USA for any reason other than a direct attack. The finacial relationship is way to deep and critical for both nations. The worlds economy would colapse if China and the USA went to war, any kind of war.

posted on Apr, 27 2005 @ 10:46 AM
link   
And down we go....

End of World

-DT

posted on Apr, 27 2005 @ 11:02 AM
link   

Originally posted by Derek Trance
And down we go....

End of World

-DT

Been on ATS bout hmmm? 108,364 times.

Sorry!!!

posted on Apr, 27 2005 @ 10:13 PM
link   
OMFG fool the Chinese by launching a nuke at them and saying its the U.S.? This isn't the stone age its 21st century we can tell where nukes are coming form and who fired them. Plus NK is BS who are they going to declare war on the U.S.?

posted on Apr, 27 2005 @ 10:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by WestPoint23
OMFG fool the Chinese by launching a nuke at them and saying its the U.S.? This isn't the stone age its 21st century we can tell where nukes are coming form and who fired them. Plus NK is BS who are they going to declare war on the U.S.?

Stop being stupid.

Of course this isn't the stone age. Nukes didn't even exist in the stone age. If you want to be taken seriously, then start talking sense instead of talking trash. Otherwise, you're BS.

[edit on 27-4-2005 by sweatmonicaIdo]

posted on Apr, 28 2005 @ 12:12 AM
link   
he wasnt talking literally!

geez why are you so abusive ?

the guy was simply making a valid point!

he was saying technology isnt primitive; and they would know where the nukes come from ... simple

obviously you didnt care what he meant; you just wanted a reason to bash him and say hes full of it , didnt you?

why dont you bash yourself next time buddy....
when people use Analogys they are NOT to be taken literally

lol
you bash him i bash you
the merry-go-round keeps going round and round
as long as you push it

so why dont we all stop pushing it and just drop it?
alrite thank you

about the subject :::
Kim is getting funnier and funnier
we should put him on Comedy Central and give him his own show
lets call it
"Kim threatens the world"
i would watch it
i love comedy

posted on Apr, 28 2005 @ 12:19 AM
link   
I'm just pointing out how ridiculous he is being. Of course I know he wasn't saying it literally. But it's still ridiculous.

posted on Apr, 28 2005 @ 03:24 AM
link   
Does NK even have a navy? If they declare war and have no navy how are they supposed to inflict damage on the countries they have dclared war on?
They could cause a lot of trouble with some old nuke subs but i dont think they even have that cabability which is slightly worrying. All they really have are nukes, a huge land army and a crap airforce.

posted on Apr, 28 2005 @ 04:54 AM
link   

Originally posted by ufo3
Does NK even have a navy? If they declare war and have no navy how are they supposed to inflict damage on the countries they have dclared war on?
They could cause a lot of trouble with some old nuke subs but i dont think they even have that cabability which is slightly worrying. All they really have are nukes, a huge land army and a crap airforce.

dont they have missiles that can reach the west of the US?

posted on Apr, 28 2005 @ 05:09 AM
link   

Originally posted by bodrul

dont they have missiles that can reach the west of the US?

So they said. But you will never know untill nukes starts flying.

[edit on 28-4-2005 by ulshadow]

posted on Apr, 28 2005 @ 05:25 AM
link   

Plus NK is BS who are they going to declare war on the U.S.?

Erm! YES!

Have you ever heard of their leader Kim Jon???

He is a complete mentalist. He doesnt have to declare war on the US, he just has to blow up a couple of parts of the US and he's won.

He doesnt care if he dies for it!

top topics

<<   2 >>

join