It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

If NYC goes Mushroom

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 24 2005 @ 02:07 AM
link   
Lets assume a hypothetical;

Lets assume that NYC goes mushroom. You live outside of the New England area so at least for the short term, your safe from the effects.

What now? I have given this alot of thought.

1. Leave work. Never mind what any of your co-workers or bosses say. NYC went mushroom, Im outahere.

2. Pick up the kids. Start with the youngest unless that doesnt make geographical sense. DO this as fast as you can because the Marshall Law Claw might be dropping and if it does, it will be to an unknown extent.

3. Dont take any back roads. EVERYBODY says they will use back roads. The back roads dont have the "supply lines" that the highways do. And if things get really hairy, support will "assist" the main roadways first.

4. Avoid gas staions, grocery stores, gun shops, lumber yards, ect. If your not ready, its to late. Empty the pantry; its contents will have to do. Grab some clothes if you think there is time (there isnt). Clean, dirty; dont be picky.

5. Dont expect to get more then 100 miles away. You'll want to get "someplace" and off (as far off as possible) the road ASAP.

6. Hopefully, you will have enough gas cans to fill your tank twice. And hopefully, you've been filling up when your tank is down to 3/4. But dont think that when you need to gas up, you can just pull over, do it, and knowone will bother you. And dont think afew guns will hold off a hoard.

7. Get to a place thats as safe as can be and sit tight for 1-3 days. At that point, make a decision.

8. If you think you have heard something that most people havent heard or reacted to (and you want to react to it), just do what you need to without making a production out of it. If you make a big stink, you may end up creating your own traffic jam. This might put you a hair ahead of everyone else. But make sure they dont find out that you concealed.

Im not going to pretend to have any real clue what to do. But, we would have to do something (or not).

Any opinions?

posted on Apr, 24 2005 @ 02:37 AM
link   
I think you're going to have to clarify what you mean by mushroom. Do you mean full-scale military nuke, a smaller backpack nuke, or something like a terrorist dirty bomb? Reactions would differ depending on the scale of the attack.

posted on Apr, 24 2005 @ 03:48 AM
link   
You worry way too much.

posted on Apr, 24 2005 @ 05:39 AM
link   
Perhaps, perhaps not...

Remember how the Iron Curtain rusted away? How much of the USSR's military weaponry got "redistributed" to new owners? Granted, much of it stayed over in the Europe/Asia areas...But then again, how many of those (in)famous terrorist groups may have gotten ahold of some of that stuff?

And didn't Nostradamus write several quantrains referring to "the new city of York" going up in a ball of fire? The most reliable interpretations of his works point to a "man in a blue turban" being responsible for starting the biblical equivalent of Armaggeddon...

Too much worry? Take a look at human history, compare that to more recent events & then decide.

[edit on 24-4-2005 by MidnightDStroyer]

posted on Apr, 24 2005 @ 06:12 AM
link   
I live in NYC...it better not go mushroom is any sort...

posted on Apr, 24 2005 @ 06:18 AM
link   
Maybe he knows something we dont
if NYC went up i probably wouldnt have to worry about it....i live in aussie...nothin here to bomb....except kangaroos

posted on Apr, 24 2005 @ 07:15 AM
link   

Originally posted by ArchangelOfCool
Maybe he knows something we dont
if NYC went up i probably wouldnt have to worry about it....i live in aussie...nothin here to bomb....except kangaroos

Don't you know that Kangaroos are considered the number one threat to global security? In the event of nuclear war, they're the prime targets for a first strike scenario and the US Government has spent billions of dollars tracking their locations and calculating firing solutions. Ever heard of "Pine Gap"? Why do you think that's in the middle of the outback? It's an advanced ROODAR installation!! You can read about the Kangaroo threat here... www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Apr, 24 2005 @ 09:52 AM
link   
Flinx, an excellent question. Thanks for asking. If its going to be terrorism, I would guess a suit case nuke or dirty bomb.

Honestly though, I would think they would use it on Isreal first. And with the pope/Catholic church in the news lately, maybe even Rome.

After they "test" in one one or both of those countries, THEN they would use it over here.

In the event of a suitcase nuke or dirty bomb, I think it would be logical to leae the city if your in a city with more then 1 million people. Doesnt half the nation live in the five largest cities or something like that?

If it were a full scale nuclear attack by Russia or China (not that China is capable of a "full" sale attack), I think the concept of living in a million+ city would come to an abrupt halt globally.

But really, who know?

So BasementAddix, I think your relatively safe until you see a suite case nuke or dirty bomb go off overseas. When/if it does, get out of NYC.

[Edited for stupid spelling errors]

[edit on 4/24/2005 by Genfinity]

posted on Apr, 24 2005 @ 05:52 PM
link   
I live in one of the major "target" cities in the US (Houston), so I've thought about the possibility of an attack too. I don't think they'd attack the city of Houston directly. They'd probably hit the refineries or the port, both of which are away from the city proper. I don't live near them so....

If a dirty bomb was set off, I wouldn't worry too much. By that, I mean I wouldn't start fleeing. Especially if I were nowhere near the incident. The explosion would do more damage than the radiological materials. The "dirt" would get thrown up in the air and settle to the ground fairly quickly, so there wouldn't be a big drifing fallout cloud.

In other words, I don't see a need to have plastic sheets and duct tape sitting around.

As for a suitcase nuke, I don't really know what kind of effect that would have. Haven't really read up on them. If it were a full-scale nuke...well, it's kind of pointless to imagine what I'd do...

[edit on 4/24/2005 by Flinx]

posted on Apr, 24 2005 @ 06:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by Genfinity
Lets assume a hypothetical;

Lets assume that NYC goes mushroom. You live outside of the New England area so at least for the short term, your safe from the effects.

If a nuke detonates over NYC, New England has nothing to worry about. The fall out will not reach New England. From what I understand, the prevailing winds tend to push things out onto Long Island, however, even then, the 'density' of the fallout isn't enough to contaminate the whole of the island.

Then again, when cherynobl had its explosion (not a nuke explosion, not a meltdown) the radipactive particles were tracked, and they were able to be seen passing over the US several times. Also, in somewhat distant Prague, there was an incident. Apparently, Praguers go out mushroom hunting on the weekends. When they went out in the relevant weekend, they consumed a lot of mushrooms that had been contaminated, and apparently htere is now some cancer related to that incident.

posted on Apr, 24 2005 @ 06:53 PM
link   
This topic is in relation to this topic?
Interesting.

seekerof

posted on Apr, 24 2005 @ 07:05 PM
link   
If New York did do the big'shroom, I would think that the prevailing winds would be to the detriment of anyone East of the detonation. Therefor, I would make my way to the West depending on if the attack were full scale or all out on the U.S. to include more major cities other than New York. I've been wanting to get out West for a while and Arizona I hear is nice this time of year. Go West wagontrain.

posted on Apr, 24 2005 @ 07:21 PM
link   
If New York "goes mushroom" then there'll be a whole lot of happy people experiencing harmless and pleasurable highs. Mushrooms always make me introspective, so I prefer to do them with friends or outdoors.

posted on Apr, 24 2005 @ 07:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by Seekerof
This topic is in relation to this topic?
Interesting.

seekerof

I think one thread on this is enough.. please add to the existing thread linked above.

Thank you.

Thread closed

new topics

top topics

join