It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Kano's Instant Board-Rage Solution.

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 3 2004 @ 01:58 PM
link   
All hail Skippy!

How about instead of a warn flag for such cases a little Skippy is present?

posted on Sep, 3 2004 @ 03:41 PM
link   
Skippy needed a change of scenery.

posted on Sep, 3 2004 @ 03:51 PM
link   
only thing to make me happy...skippy stayin in the water

[edit on 3-9-2004 by Gryffen]

posted on Oct, 12 2004 @ 08:50 PM
link   
Just bumping this up the the front of the pack.
With emotions running high as the election draws near, skippy to the rescue.

posted on Oct, 12 2004 @ 09:15 PM
link   
i prefer this baby:

WWSD=What Would Satan Do. def up my alley, but a lil less mainstream, no? although, really, i think skippy is far from mainstream

posted on Oct, 12 2004 @ 09:40 PM
link   
Au contraire, Skippy is one of the most widely internationally syndicated mainstream series of all time, possibly top 10.

But Skippy doesn't get into as many mainstream places as Satan does.

posted on Oct, 12 2004 @ 11:49 PM
link   
Skippy in a top hat and cold Bud in hand (err Paw)?

Frogs, Lizards, Horses (including Clydesdales) and Dogs have surrendered and moved to the unemployment line!

BUD ...... WEIS ....... ERrrrrr

posted on Oct, 13 2004 @ 02:14 AM
link   
Why is there even an ignore button?
for anyone to actually click this button is the opposite of denial of ignorance and expresses their lack of self control.

How will you tell ignorance from enlightenment if you cant put the 2 side by side to compare. If youve ignored a poster, but the topic and discussions keep that person ingrained in the thread, are you just counting yourself out of that portion of the conversation?

If your only choice at self control is to click this button, then you need help.
sticks and stones ring a bell? then words should never hurt you.

Everyone has the right to express their opinion, and while clicking ignore doesnt deny them their right to post, it denies YOU the right to live where all opinions can be heard, simply for your own emotional comfort. By tuning anyone out youve begun to censer yourself, effectivly cutting off your little corner of the universe... denying yourself interactions with others because you dont like hearing what they are saying.
grow up. not everyone will agree with you, and you should be adult enough to handle that.

You have the first ammendment rights to assemble with those that expouse your similar beliefs, so by clicking ignore, you are effectivly creating an online experiance that fits with only your beliefs. (those like yours).
While this is your right, remember that using it is more exclusionary than inclusionary.
How does excluding opinions from others serve to deny ignorance (even if they bring ignorant ideas) How would you know if they brought genius to the discussion if you've ignored that poster from remrks made 3 posts back?

isnt clicking ignore actually enabling you to discriminate against someone?
It does, it segragates YOU from the entirety of the discussion.

Let people say what they will, be frustrated with them, debate the topic not the person....and if your really steamed at them, JUST DONT RESPOND!!! Skip over them in your discussions and interactions. I find this usually gets them rattled.

I dont come here to read all the same crap i already know/believe...i come here to interact with others with different views. To me, the ignore button is one i'll never push as i feel it totally is self censorship in order to keep me from reading something that might disturb me.

posted on Oct, 13 2004 @ 11:59 AM
link   
Skippy is not advocating use of the ignore button, he is merely offering himself as a furry, odd-smelling alternative.

posted on Oct, 16 2004 @ 07:05 AM
link   
Pure Genius. I think every one that advocates this should but a small W.W.S.D? in their signature...
Lets spread peace and love.
And it will be great to p off the fanatics.

posted on Mar, 3 2005 @ 09:25 AM
link   
now where are those durn star trekky tribbles when you need 'em. just don't feed them after midnite-

posted on Mar, 3 2005 @ 09:29 AM
link   

Originally posted by accountability
now where are those durn star trekky tribbles when you need 'em. just don't feed them after midnite-

Run the tribbles are coming!!!!

posted on Mar, 3 2005 @ 09:43 AM
link   
"Skippy, skippy, skippy a freind brave and true"

Ah thanks for some fun memorys Kano, loved skippy as a kid!

Now you mad me feel old you $#@^, i feel board rage comin on!

posted on Mar, 3 2005 @ 09:45 AM
link   
Hey where is Kano, I have not seen him around in a long time.

posted on Mar, 3 2005 @ 09:47 AM
link   
His last post was on the 27-2-05...

Link Here

posted on Mar, 3 2005 @ 09:50 AM
link   
Well thanks UK, I have to keep an eye on Kano, you know.

He was my first mod........................

That gave me my first and only red warn on my first week on ATS.

I will never forget him

posted on Mar, 3 2005 @ 10:08 AM
link   
In 1974, after using a pair of artificial kangaroo hands to create a diversion, Skippy escaped from Ranger Hammond's detention center and made a break for the outback. Tragically, while being chased down by her captors in the park helicopter, Skippy was killed by a logging truck when crossing the Hume Highway. Following that, "Skippy" was played by a succession of alcoholic midgets in a kangaroo suit, until the Australian Government placed a ban on employing dwarves in demeaning occupations. Ranger Hammond was later extradited to Poland to face charges in connection with war crimes, and Sonny is still undergoing rehabilitation for his addiction to gum leaves.

posted on Mar, 3 2005 @ 10:58 AM
link   

Originally posted by UK Wizard
Run the tribbles are coming!!!!

Skippy needs a new anti-ignorance friend

posted on Mar, 3 2005 @ 02:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by mythatsabigprobe
Ranger Hammond was later extradited to Poland to face charges in connection with war crimes, and Sonny is still undergoing rehabilitation for his addiction to gum leaves.

Excellent expert probing, probe.

Did you see when the real life Ranger Hammond returned inebriated and deranged at a celebration of a certain milestone in TV history, to molest Gary Pankhurst on stage and refer to Kerry (in the front row) by the name of his dead father Frank?

That was comedy.

posted on Mar, 4 2005 @ 07:19 AM
link   
I never got to see that star studded gala but I'm sure the drunken Matt Hammond trying to feel up "Spanky Panky", was Ed Devereaux's most
convincing performance.

Oddly enough, "Skippy the Bush Kangaroo" may have been the fore-runner to ATS and other modern conspiracy groups. A brief look at the episode synopsis shows the true underlying agenda of the show.

1.21 [--] Skippy (1966-67): TRAPPED
Produced by Dennis Hill
d. Max Varnel
Synopsis 21 (Possibly "Trapped")
Paralyzed by nerve gas, Clancy wills Skippy to take to
Ranger Headquarters tape recorded evidence that leads
to the capture of animal thief, "Professor" Lewis.

Clancy uses telepathy to communicate with animals. All reports indicate that Clarissa ("Clancy") was one of the original Indigo Children.

2.11 [50] Skippy (1967-68): FLYING SAUCERS
Produced by Lee Robinson and Joy Cavill
Synopsis 50
When Sonny and his pal Skippy the bush kangaroo see a
"flying saucer" over Waratah National Park, they find
it hard to convince anyone at Ranger Headquarters, even
with photographic evidence.

Sonny and Skip may have been one of the earliest recorded alien abduction cases. Unfortunately, ridicule by their peers prevented any possibility of further investigation and Matt Hammond effectively blocked any attempts to regress Spanky, err.. Sonny under hypnosis.

1.07 [--] Skippy (1966-67): DEAD OR ALIVE
Produced by Dennis Hill
d. Eric Price
Synopsis 7"
A mysterious disease threatens to wipe out all the
animals in Waratah National Park, and the evidence
points to Skippy as carrier of the virus.

Skippy was one of the earliest known carriers of prion disease, then known as MKD or Mad Kangaroo Disease.

1.36 [--] Skippy (1966-67): MAN FROM SPACE
Produced by Dennis Hill
d. Lee Robinson
No Synopsis

One of the first UFO related government cover-ups, all records of this event have been erased from the files and even the film company denies any
knowledge of this episode.

And the real smoking gun... Skippy was a 4 foot tall, grey skinned, intelligent entity, capable of reading minds and communicating with high pitched
clicking sounds. The fact that she had a tail, may indicate that she was a grey / reptilian hybrid. Her remains have been located, but all attempts to
extract DNA have failed.

[edit on 3/4/2005 by mythatsabigprobe]

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join