It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

John Titor - No need to worry?

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 21 2006 @ 03:46 AM
link   

quote: Originally posted byThatsJustWeird
Sure the future is sometimes predictable. I predict night will come tonight.
But in this case, people are basing their future predictions on false information (Titor). If Titor is false, then why continue using him as a guide to make future predictions (not saying you're doing this, but in general)

People get the worldlines mixed up and believe certain events to happen in our worldline and consequently consider them predictions.(Does this not sound familuar to you? lol) But who is to say Titor is false, are you withholding information that is 100% proof of this?

I would have no reason to use " aka Titor predictions " In which he did not predict much for our worldline anyway.
If he is real time traveler, then what happen on his worldline is useful to us.

The future is predictable.

There is one prediction that is useful. "Bring a gas can with you when the car dies on the side of the road." (was useful for Hurricane Katrina lol). I must say it is still useful in the road ahead. Eventually a major War will be fought on American soil, not even a time traveler can stop.

Someone has let the genie out of the bottle, so get ready for the real magic show. Im sure you can see this one coming.

No.
You know why Titor hasn't come forth til this day? Because what he did was borderline illegal. If he had come up with something original, then his story would have held much better ground.

Then what about Titor books, Titor movies, will they be sued, is that not borderline illegal? It seems to hold ground well for these people.

Titor is in the bible code, you could use that book into the mix as well
Maybe God will be the judge of Titor,
"Thou Shalt not Steal".
www.revelation13.net...

No...you seriously can't. Why would I believe what Titor wrote anyway?

You seem to automatically assume what is only possible for you? This is a sign of selfishness. Maybe it would be helpful to "open up your mind" take away opinions, ideas, and theory. Clear your mind of thought, you may find acceptance in the Titor story.

Didn't Titor say he was a historian?
He would study stuff like that. But, the average joe just went through a 10 year civil war and a nuclear war after that. I seriously doubt they would care about something that never happened. So the ones who study history would probably know about it, other then that no one would care and are probably not aware of it. Why would they be?
(he also states the average lifespan is about 52 years...on top of the fact that half the world died in the wars....anyone old enough to remember all the talk about Y2K is probably dead)

Beside your point, Titor is not dead from that war. Y2K could be on Titor's mind in 1975 and there afterwards. Why would Titor care? After all it is cause and effect.

Maybe he missed out on a window of opportunity to go back to his worldline due to combination of circumstances. He said he was here for personal reasons. Maybe his preferable window never came about.

If Y2K happened on his worldline and not ours (period, there was no delay or anything. It didn't happen period), then why would a civil war that happened on his worldline happen on ours?

I have a theory on that, it relates to quantum tunneling ( bleedover from other world lines ) It makes sense if you could see quantum tunneling in a much bigger picture that is entwined with worldlines. In fact I believe it should be possible to detect other worldlines if they exist due to possible quantum tunneling effects. Detection of worldlines could be a possible starting point for time travel.

Look at a color palette from a distance and you may see blue, green, yellow and red, you will see the basic colours. But if you look closer you will see a range of colors characteristics related to blue, green, yellow and red, in fact you could see millions of colors that look like blue, green, yellow and red ext..... These basic colors are related to millions of other colors. This colour scheme example is much like worldlines.

Civil War and WWlll happened on Titor's worldline, right.
Civil War is possible and WWlll may invariably to occur if Titor is real in our worldline, we may have similar outcomes. Much like similar colours.

Now here is a kicker for our world, Titor does not have to be here for all this to occur in our worldline! As a result Civil War and WWlll can happen because of the Titor story! Form a mental picture and imagine our worldline is the colour yellow,Titor story blue and Titor's worldline green.

Hoax or not Civil War and WWlll can happen.. cause/effect

If Y2K happened on his worldline, then his worldline in WAAAY over the 2% divergence he predicted this world to be from his making everything he stated that happened unlikely for this worldline.

You are halfway correct. Maybe this is why his window never came about.

Titor

The divergence measurement refers to the local gravitational field as compared to
the point of origin. It is merely an empirical indicator of overall change in a
worldline. Some things that are quite different on one worldline have very little
effect as time passes and the worldlines appear to "converge" again and look very
similar. Worldline changes are not exponential; they act more like chaotic
attractors with varying effect depending on their size and location.

My pain pills are starting to kick in, I better stop now lol.

[edit on 21-1-2006 by XPhiles]

posted on Jan, 21 2006 @ 04:16 AM
link   
My reasoning is if the consequences of one decision are large enough, a totally different world-line will branch off, heading off in a total different direction.

As Titor used as an example, if just one person had said while watching that strange new RADAR device in Pearl Harbour, uh, maybe we should call this one in guys? Think about it. Would the US, having successfully repelled a Japanese attack have been enraged enough to go to war? This massive series of events, all leading from that first domino falling....one word...one thought. A butterfly's wings flapping?

So our Pearl harbour, as promised by the PNAC, could have originally been Y2K. Think of the added chaos that would have added to a 'stolen' election. Anyone seeing a Civil War brewing yet? Instead we got 9/11. Something never referred to in Titor's discussions. You think he would have at least hinted at something, he gave enough else away.

posted on Jan, 21 2006 @ 06:12 PM
link   
Ok, sorry took so long...

TITOR AND 1998

Note: Not once in his posts from 2000-2001 did he ever mention coming to 1998. Not once in his posts from 2000-2001 did he ever mention the world being in anyway different because of Y2K.
You can do a search for yourself if you don't believe me:
timetravelportal.com...
www.abovetopsecret.com...
Original JT thread

So where does 1998 come from?
In 1998 Art Bell received a couple of faxes from the one and only John Titor.
In his first fax he states the following:

Now for the future you might want to know about. Y2K is a disaster. Many people die on the highways when they freeze to death trying to get to warmer weather. The government tries to keep power by instituting marshall law but all of it collapses when their efforts to bring the power back up fail. A few years later communial government system is developed after the constitution takes a few twists. China retakes Tiawan. Isreal wins the largest battle for their life and Russia is covered in Nuclear snow from their collapsed reactors.

Notes:
1. Y2K DOES happen on his worldline, making his worldline DRAMATICALLY different from ours.
2. The government collapses then
3. A communal government is set up
4. Russia is basically destroyed because of collapsed nuclear reactors
5. No mention of Civil War

A quote from his second fax:

Typically time travelers do not purposely affect the world lines they visit.

Later in his posts from 2000-2001, he says doing so would just make things worse.

So....
1. Titor's misson would not have been to go and fix Y2K, because a) this would have made things worse and b) it's impossible anyway. You're telling me JT was sent to dozens upon dozens of countries around the world and was given millions upon millions of dollars to go around and fix Y2K in just a couple of months?

2. Why no mention of the civil war? Y2K was supposed to be the event that eventually sets up a communal government here in the US. But after Y2K doesn't happen, he switches it to a civil war the eventually sets up the communal government.
Russia's collapsed nuclear reactors caused Russia to be destroyed. So if Russia is destroyed, how can they attack the US? And why would they?

The faxes

posted on Jan, 21 2006 @ 08:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by ThatsJustWeird
So where does 1998 come from?
In 1998 Art Bell received a couple of faxes from the one and only John Titor.
The faxes

There is no proof those '1998' faxes came from the John Titor we know. They are a mystery unto themselves.

It was never even proven that John Titor even wrote those '1998' faxes to Art Bell. Oddly enough, those faxes were found only after John Titor had left.

Fact is: those '1998' faxes contained similar information that John Titor wrote on the messageboards.. so it was assumed he wrote them.

The poster, "Qflux" actually found the audio of Art Bell reading the faxes online on some web site.

posted on Jan, 22 2006 @ 03:26 AM
link   

ThatsJustWeird
1. Titor's misson would not have been to go and fix Y2K, because a) this would have made things worse and b) it's impossible anyway. You're telling me JT was sent to dozens upon dozens of countries around the world and was given millions upon millions of dollars to go around and fix Y2K in just a couple of months?

Where do you come up with this stuff lol. Who said he went too "dozens upon dozens of countries around the world to fix Y2K" ? "given millions upon millions of dollars" really where does this come from? Is this what you assume?

ThatsJustWeird
2. Why no mention of the civil war? Y2K was supposed to be the event that eventually sets up a communal government here in the US. But after Y2K doesn't happen, he switches it to a civil war the eventually sets up the communal government.
Russia's collapsed nuclear reactors caused Russia to be destroyed. So if Russia is destroyed, how can they attack the US? And why would they?

Like UnExpecte say's "There is no proof those '1998' faxes came from the John Titor"
If the person who wrote the faxes is Titor, Then why does he say Y2K is a disaster ?

Previously in this thread, I tell you there is more than just one Time Traveler...
"You don't think Titor is the only time traveler do you?"

The faxes that describes this machine is much like Titor's, therefore maybe from one of Titor's worldlines. I would suspect this is a completly different time traveler and not Titor.

A strange thing to note: those faxes came about after Titor had left. ( I think... )

When you interfere with time, bizarre things can happen,

The faxes are connected with Art Bell, I do find it weird that the man in the picture with the "cigar and laser" looks like the back of Art Bell's head. lol

Why I say this is because I spent many hours watching Art Bell's web cam back in the day.

hoax or not, it does not rule out time travel and worldlines.

ahh... finally it rains.

posted on Jan, 22 2006 @ 05:56 AM
link   

Originally posted by XPhiles
The faxes are connected with Art Bell, I do find it weird that the man in the picture with the "cigar and laser" looks like the back of Art Bell's head. lol

LOL!
Yes isn't that amazing?

posted on Jan, 22 2006 @ 11:43 AM
link   
Really, I think the ears give it away. Art bell has very distinctive ears lol.

Maybe someone can post a comparison picture to compare Art Bell's ear with that picture.

posted on Jan, 22 2006 @ 09:24 PM
link   

Maybe someone can post a comparison picture to compare Art Bell's ear with that picture.

As you can see, there is a striking resemblance between the cigar in the Art Bell picture and the cigar of the instructor with the bent laserlight!

Art Bell with cigar

Instructor with cigar and bent laserlight

Have you noticed Art Bell and the Instructor both are smoking right handed?.. And the ears.. wow.. yes, undoubted proof here!

[edit on 22-1-2006 by UnExpecte]

posted on Jan, 22 2006 @ 09:31 PM
link   
double post..

posted on Jan, 22 2006 @ 10:01 PM
link   
Ummm... ok i have a couple of things that I would like to say.

1. Who here has actually read the Titor Archives?

The reason I ask is because Titor never mentions Y2K, except to say that the reason he was sent back in time was to collect information and a computer system that would prevent the computer crash of 2038. Which he compared to the y2k. His quote was more cryptic than that, saying
(p-) "what event was supposed to happen in the past 18 months, that never did?".

Titor never claims to have solved the y2k bug in year 2000, instead he said that he came here to fix the y2k+38' bug, with the Unix system.

If you haven't read the Titor archives than you would easily fall victom to the missinterpretations by MANY people on this forum.

READ IT FOR YOURSELF, then come up with you own conclusions.

---------------

2. The ART Bell faxes that were mysteriously found AFTER the Titor thing became well known and he was gone... deny ignorance much?

Same thing goes for the Lawyers, and the letters to/from Titors mom... seriously, these need to be taken with at least a grain of salt.

There are a lot of people who would try to profit from this, profit comes in more forms than just cash, publicity, familiarity & fame just to name a few.

Kinda like those people that say they were abduted by UFO's... seriously

--------

3. Has anyone here read ALAS Babylon and compared the story to Titor's Archives? Besides Omaha, Nebraska being the new capital what comparisons, and what differences are there? You don't know, because you DON'T deny ignorance.

--------

4. What is Ignorance? well, if you haven't looked it up and taken someones definition of what ignorance is...then guess what?

-------

5. It won't be much longer until we see how the rest of this game will unfold. IMO, its far too early to dismiss TITOR just because there is no bloody war taking place. Lets see how the (S)elections go, and if the Republican party will be willing to allow the Dems to take over in 2008.
And what they might do, in order to regain power in 2012. IMO, even if TITOR is a complete Hoax... Society and Politics are moving in the wrong direction and I can see a lot of Pain & Suffering in the future.

posted on Jan, 23 2006 @ 12:33 AM
link   

Originally posted by Where2Hide2006
1. Who here has actually read the Titor Archives?

I have.

I started this thread based on quotes from the ATS archives.

The reason I ask is because Titor never mentions Y2K

I think you may need to go and take another look at those archives again skippy, he mentions Y2K on a number of occasions, hence this discussion thread.

Titor never claims to have solved the y2k bug in year 2000

I have never once inferred that he had. I just brought up the subject of his surprise at Y2K not happening, and what that could mean as regards world-lines and causality.

Anyone claiming Titor fixed Y2K is just pulling that out of their arse as far as I am concerned.

If you haven't read the Titor archives than you would easily fall victom to the missinterpretations by MANY people on this forum.

Maybe you should follow your own sage advice?

posted on Jan, 23 2006 @ 02:13 AM
link   

Originally posted by UnExpecte
Have you noticed Art Bell and the Instructor both are smoking right handed?.. And the ears.. wow.. yes, undoubted proof here!

John Titor - No need to worry? No Wait - It's Art Bell, no need to worry.

Haha what a coincidence, the right hand is in a relative position with the cigars.... the distinctive ear shape.... Maybe some hope for the Anti-Titorites lol.

Just a little chaotic parallelism for both sides of the mystery.

I think most people do come up with there own conclusions after reading it (you should know that). The way the Titor story is left there could be million endings. It appears there is certain people trying to insure conclusive endings, such as the faxes, the notes from from JT mother, movies, books ext..... All this to come out afterwards. It seems the story is still in the works.

5. It won't be much longer until we see how the rest of this game will unfold.

Something to add to the Titor compilation.

Mad cow fear may hurt beef exports
January 23, 2006
finance.news.com.au...

but don’t worry, the fruited jellitine deserts are safe.

[edit on 23-1-2006 by XPhiles]

posted on Jan, 23 2006 @ 09:21 AM
link   

Originally posted by UnExpecte

As you can see, there is a striking resemblance between the cigar in the Art Bell picture and the cigar of the instructor with the bent laserlight!

Art Bell with cigar

how does the light bend, but not the car door or passenger ? how are they immune to the g-forces ?

posted on Jan, 23 2006 @ 09:32 AM
link   

Originally posted by syrinx high priest

how does the light bend, but not the car door or passenger ? how are they immune to the g-forces ?

The laser doesn't bend until it is a meter or so outside the car. Titor said this was the limit of the sphere of influence projected by the time machine.

That is why.

posted on Jan, 23 2006 @ 12:23 PM
link   
ok, then why isn't the visible light surrounding the laser uneffected ? wouldn't it bend as well, and make for a picture that at least is not in focus ?

posted on Jan, 23 2006 @ 12:49 PM
link   
Then there's the more obvious question:

Why is the laser light even visible outside of the car, especially when it starts to bend? If that were the limit to the sphere, wouldn't you expect the smoke to immediately dissipate?

Why's the image such poor quality, too? Given time, a will to do it, and a bad camera, I could create an image just like that one using thick glass of increasing density with impurities. Then, the cigar smoke would reveal the laser in the car (btw, in all my experience using lasers, I've not seen such uniform visibility caused by a smoking device such as a cigar or cigarette.) and the impurities would reveal it in the glass while the increasing density would bend the light in a similar manner due to refraction.

posted on Jan, 23 2006 @ 05:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by syrinx high priest
ok, then why isn't the visible light surrounding the laser uneffected ? wouldn't it bend as well, and make for a picture that at least is not in focus ?

It's dark outside the car, how could you possibly see that?? Never mind the poor picture quality!!

Since we don't know how the human eye would react to seeing time distortions I think it is hard for anyone to use this photo as proof either way, to be quite honest with you.

posted on Jan, 23 2006 @ 07:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by junglejake
Why is the laser light even visible outside of the car, especially when it starts to bend?

Who is to say the machine is at full power? It could be just defracting like through thick glass as you said.

If that were the limit to the sphere, wouldn't you expect the smoke to immediately dissipate?

I only see smoke inside the car. The windows appear to be up as well.

Why's the image such poor quality, too?

Maybe they haven't got access to good cameras. The EMP pulse probably made expensive paperweights of most of them and they haven't quite got the manufacturing ability back to make really good digital cameras.

Given time, a will to do it, and a bad camera, I could create an image just like that one using thick glass of increasing density with impurities. Then, the cigar smoke would reveal the laser in the car (btw, in all my experience using lasers, I've not seen such uniform visibility caused by a smoking device such as a cigar or cigarette.) and the impurities would reveal it in the glass while the increasing density would bend the light in a similar manner due to refraction.

Off you got then. I'll be waiting to see that picture I think.

posted on Jan, 23 2006 @ 10:37 PM
link   
Yeah... To requote one important element of what I said, "and a will to do so."

What would it prove? You've already explained that there is no smoke outside the car, yet still the laser light is visible. Laser light is not visible unless it is reflecting off of an object. Here, we see the clearest beam of laser light I've seen taken without a special lens. If it was taken with a special lens able to detect laser light, it is the most awful image of laser light I have every seen, as there are still small breaks in the beam.

The photo is faked.

posted on Jan, 23 2006 @ 11:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by junglejake
You've already explained that there is no smoke outside the car, yet still the laser light is visible. Laser light is not visible unless it is reflecting off of an object.

While mostly green laser pointer beams can be easily seen, there are high power red laser pointers, I think with special diodes, around the theoretical limit (632nm) which are visible as a beam without anything to reflect off. If they were used in the dark it would be quite easy to see them, but using a camera and taking a picture of the beam, it may be possible that the flash is making the beam appear to be splotchy to the camera. Especially at such close range and with a car full of smoke to boot.

Maybe the assumption that the guy was smoking to show the beam is the problem. As Freud would say, maybe a cigar is just a cigar and he is smoking it because he likes cigars? There are laser pointers as I said, which can be seen without smoke, or anything to reflect off.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join