It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

John Titor - No need to worry?

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 17 2006 @ 05:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by syrinx high priest
So if his worldline/timeline is different than ours, why on earth would you believe one post of his about our future ? You can't have it both ways, saying he is a prophet, and then say the timeliens are different. Doesn't work that way

The slightest change in a timeline could logically have a larger cumalative effect. I only pointed out the Y2K event as it was both an event he commented on hadn't happened, and also an event, if had happened would have changed the ability to access the internet. Where does a fair share of the dissention towards the current administration come from?

The Internet.

If that hadn't been available than how much further along the line would the current administration in their plans for America? Far enough to have sparked off a Civil War by the end of 2005? Instead, by the very fact that this one very small problem was avoided thus the events that followed had a very different effect on the world situation.

Just because he didn't get it 100% right doesn't mean he should be dismissed so quickly. The very notion of the world he spoke about was not a popular idea back then, but seems to be at the back of most people's (who care) minds today. Events may still be careening towards the inevitable end he predicted.

posted on Jan, 18 2006 @ 03:07 AM
link   

so you are now also buying his story that he is responsible for avoiding the Y2K problem ? I have this great bridge in Brooklyn, I can sell it to you cheap.....

So if his worldline/timeline is different than ours, why on earth would you believe one post of his about our future ? You can't have it both ways, saying he is a prophet, and then say the timeliens are different. Doesn't work that way

so you are now also buying his story that he is responsible for avoiding the Y2K problem ?
If Time Travel is possible and Titor is real... Then maybe.

I have this great bridge in Brooklyn, I can sell it to you cheap.....
Only if it has toll booths and no trolls under the bridge, then DEAL

So if his worldline/timeline is different than ours, why on earth would you believe one post of his about our future ?
If many quantum universes do exist, they all may be synchronous to each other. Same for worldlines, if they are coexisting next to each other, then there is a good possibility of infinite "worldlines" having close resemblances. Understand?

It is not that I believe in his post, it is that I believe in possible multiverses having similar outcomes.
What may be true in his world may be true in ours but somewhat different or to be false ext...Circumstance is the nucleus of a new worldline. This resemblance of circumstance is what gets my curiosity.

You can't have it both ways, saying he is a prophet, and then say the timeliens are different. Doesn't work that way.
Yes you can, it can work that way as explained above, though I do not say he is a prophet. The ones claiming Titor a prophet is what confuses everything. Titor never claimed to be a prophet, not that I'm aware of.

posted on Jan, 18 2006 @ 11:11 AM
link   

Originally posted by XPhiles
It is not that I believe in his post, it is that I believe in possible multiverses having similar outcomes.
What may be true in his world may be true in ours but somewhat different or to be false ext...Circumstance is the nucleus of a new worldline. This resemblance of circumstance is what gets my curiosity.

Without his posts how do know what the other worldlines are like?

Just come clean now and say you believe Titor and his story. Don't worry, we won't laugh at you....too hard

Anyway, as far as the Y2K thing. Titor never says it occurs during his timeline. He also insists that he can't change the future. So if the Y2K bug never happened on his worldline (and note he was just 3 or so years old when it was supposed to occur) why would he be concerned about it? How does he even know about it?

posted on Jan, 18 2006 @ 11:59 AM
link   
I'm not sure about John Titor myself. I think he makes some very good points though.

People have complained about the picture with the laser....... Some say it's easily faked. - I know nothing of physics, but might there be a way to tweak the laser so it could behave differently, so it can be seen with a camera that is able to distinguish the wavelengths apart between that, and a reflection bouncing off of someone, and incorporate it together?

Some say the quality of the pic is too crappy for a year 2036 camera. What if it's just a camera that will be developed around 2030-2036 ad to view this machine in action?..

Nessecity is the mother of invention

In his pics of the machine in the vehicle, there IS what appears to be a radiation monitor of some type. I've seen related pics, and I agree with that. I just think it's a safety device to alert the operator in case 'something' starts leaking,?? or ingesting??

Also, I'm not an actual time traveler, I am just fascinated by the subject

I personally believe that whoever it was, left codes in his posts. Be it a true time traveler, or someone posing as one.

I also believe that there is a logical answer to everything, even if it does go against traditional science, religion, politics, yada yada yada...
Every clique has thier belief.

I am also curious about whatisthesecret.tv...

I dunno??

Peace to EVERYONE!!!

posted on Jan, 18 2006 @ 05:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by ThatsJustWeird
Anyway, as far as the Y2K thing. Titor never says it occurs during his timeline. He also insists that he can't change the future. So if the Y2K bug never happened on his worldline

I think you got it the wrong way around.

He commented on it not happening in our timeline! Also, according to him, he was around at that time and had met his 3/4 year old self and his family.

J_3

posted on Jan, 18 2006 @ 07:04 PM
link   
ID SAY THE MOST DEFINITIVE PROOF IS

TITOR SAID " THERE ARE NO MORE OLYMPICS AFTER 2004."

HE said there was some consideration in 2036 of getting them going again. So if the 2006 OLYMPICS HAPPEN> THEN TITOR CAN FINALLY be laid to rest.

posted on Jan, 19 2006 @ 03:04 AM
link   

Originally posted by ThatsJustWeird
Just come clean now and say you believe Titor and his story. Don't worry, we won't laugh at you....too hard
Anyway, as far as the Y2K thing. Titor never says it occurs during his timeline. He also insists that he can't change the future. So if the Y2K bug never happened on his worldline (and note he was just 3 or so years old when it was supposed to occur) why would he be concerned about it? How does he even know about it?

We really do not need Titors posts to know what worldlines are like do we?
In the quantum world we can see possible multi-universes with infinite worldlines.

Just surround yourself with mirrors, look into them and you will see infinite views.

Even better use a web cam point it at your monitor to see infinite views of your web cam video. If your computer is slow enough you will see certain events happen at different times, such as waving your hand across the cam sets off a delay chain of infinite related events across your monitor.

Another example I have done is using Xbox online with Halo 2, we had about 4 people in a game playing "Oddball" (hold a ball for a certain amount of time to win) We had about one minute left then suddenly the host server crashed, but we all continued playing not knowing the server crashed. Later it turned out we all 4 had different outcomes, we all WON the game lol.

Simple stuff like this provokes thoughts of worldlines. We are intelligent observers of the world that surrounds us, so why not take notes.

Note lol:
It is funny how worldlines only effect the observer. Sometimes I think, why even time travel since there is infinte outcomes.

But, time travel for us would mean there is never to be an end, we could become immortal MUHAHAHA. I mean after all, our part of the universe has been created, but other parts of the universe are still being created. If life in our part of the universe were to disappear, then it is possible to appear again someplace else.

Why do you want to know if I believe in Titor?
Why laugh?
Would it be funny if time travelers really existed?
If time travelers existed does it threaten you?

Anyway, as far as the Y2K thing. Titor never says it occurs during his timeline.
The Y2K thing did happen on his timeline which is in ours. He was born in 1998 in our timeline.... common sense says it consequently happened to him, so why ask lol. He will probably not be a time traveler in our worldline.

He also insists that he can't change the future.
Which future? Each worldline has its own outcome.

And why does Titor say this:

"You are able to change your worldine for better or worse just as I am."

"Can you stop the war before it gets here? Sure. Will you do it? Probably not."

Therefore, any “prediction” I might make has a slight chance of being incorrect anyway and you now have the ability to act on it based on what I’ve said.

It is impossible for me to change any worldline that I am not on.

So if the Y2K bug never happened on his worldline (and note he was just 3 or so years old when it was supposed to occur) why would he be concerned about it? How does he even know about it?

Simple, other time travelers.... You don't think Titor is the only time traveler do you?

Here is a Titor quote:

Depending on the mission, time travelers are usually chosen for a particular mission based
on their ability to gain the cooperation of someone related to the goal on the target
worldline.

Who knows....... Maybe there is time travelers here on ATS.

[edit on 19-1-2006 by XPhiles]

posted on Jan, 19 2006 @ 09:35 AM
link   

We really do not need Titors posts to know what worldlines are like do we?
In the quantum world we can see possible multi-universes with infinite worldlines.

Just surround yourself with mirrors, look into them and you will see infinite views.

I'm talking about the future. That's what all the John Titor threads are about right? What's going to happen in our future.

If you don't believe John Titor's posts like you said then how do you know what this and other worldlines are going to be like?

Why do you want to know if I believe in Titor?
Why laugh?
Would it be funny if time travelers really existed?
If time travelers existed does it threaten you?

I said Titor, because his story is so obviously a rip off of other works that it's laughable.
If time travellers and time travel really exsisted then great! That would mean these petty laws set by nature and have been in exsistence since the begining of the universe no longer apply to humans. We could do whatever we wanted!

The Y2K thing did happen on his timeline which is in ours. He was born in 1998 in our timeline.... common sense says it consequently happened to him, so why ask lol. He will probably not be a time traveler in our worldline.

What are you talking about?
NOT ONCE did he EVER state Y2K happened on his timeline (where he's a time traveller). Where did you get that from?
And it didn't happen on this time line (where he's now 8 years old or so) so common sense says he's never experienced it. So again, what in the world are you talking about?

Which future? Each worldline has its own outcome.

The future of which ever worldline he visits.

And why does Titor say this:

"You are able to change your worldine for better or worse just as I am."

"Can you stop the war before it gets here? Sure. Will you do it? Probably not."

Therefore, any “prediction” I might make has a slight chance of being incorrect anyway and you now have the ability to act on it based on what I’ve said.

It is impossible for me to change any worldline that I am not on.

That's what I'm talking about.
You (or whoever) said he went back to 1975 to fix Y2K. Not possible.
Titor:

On my worldline (A) in 2036, I was given a mission in 1975. I turn my machine on and jump to another worldline (B) in 1975 with about a 2% divergence from (A). From the very point I turn my machine off on (B), I create a new worldline just because I?m there. This line can be described as (C) and started when I got to (B). I am now doing my mission on line (C) in 1975 when I discover a very a good reason to go forward on (C) and see what happened. I turn my machine on and go forward on (C) to the year 2000. When I turn it off, I start another line called (D). So from my perspective, here we are on line (D) in the year 2000.

If he wanted to fix Y2K, he would have sayed on C.

Simple, other time travelers.... You don't think Titor is the only time traveler do you?

We don't know if there are any other time travelers. He said they've never been visited by time travelers so we only know of the time travelers in his worldline which did not experience Y2K

howmuch:

I think you got it the wrong way around.

He commented on it not happening in our timeline! Also, according to him, he was around at that time and had met his 3/4 year old self and his family.

Not once does Titor ever mention it happening on his worldline.
And if it did, that would mean his worldline isn't just slightly different from our, it's vastly different and all his predictions could be thrown out the window.

posted on Jan, 19 2006 @ 11:02 AM
link   

Originally posted by Byrd
The kid writing "Titor" knew almost nothing about computers.

Originally posted by howmuchisthedoggyI think it is widely accepted that he was referring to the "Millenium Bug" which was due to bring about the END OF THE WORLD but in fact turned out to be a bit of a damp squib.

Yes, because he was running his play for fame off that "impending disaster."

John stated that there was a slight divergance between his worldline and ours(a couple of percent or so). Is it possible, to reference the sci-fi story "Distant sound of thunder" that John perhaps came back and deliberately squashed that butterfly?

I'm a retired computer engineer. The idea of Titor "squashing the bug" is hilarious... there never was (as we kept saying) ANY danger. We knew about the bug some 20 years beforehand (1980) and there were (if you hunt for the material) a number of computers on Internet that were hit by the bug.

All that happened Nowas that they would say silly dates (like 1/1/100001) when you asked them to fill in a date. You could override it.

Are we on a totally different world line because the Y2K problem never occurred?

No. Titor was a hoax. There was NEVER any possibility of collapse. Titor is a hoax like Aussie Bloke and German Guy and a thousand others.

BYRD !

this is the second time you have posted matter-of-factly, that titor is a kid, or was proven to be a hoax.

what do you know that we don't ? Was his IP adress investigated ?

posted on Jan, 19 2006 @ 05:10 PM
link   

quote: Originally posted by ThatsJustWeird
I'm talking about the future. That's what all the John Titor threads are about right? What's going to happen in our future.
If you don't believe John Titor's posts like you said then how do you know what this and other worldlines are going to be like?

Ok, first off your trying to fit a square peg into a round hole lol.

Maybe I should rephrase this, It is not that I "need" to believe in his post. As I have no need to rely on John Titor's post to know multiverses exist. I gave you examples above to why this is.

Sometimes the future is predictable, most people prepare for it. If we had no future, then there would be no need for public schools ext... lol. We all have the gift of divination. School, people and everything that is around you inspires your destiny.

You are the passenger not the driver of destiny.

Circumstance is your driver, it is what creates other worldlines, though some would argue to say it is God who drives and that there is no other worldlines.

So now you think I am one who professes to predict future events lol?
Why are you asking me again?

I said Titor, because his story is so obviously a rip off of other works that it's laughable.
If time travellers and time travel really exsisted then great! That would mean these petty laws set by nature and have been in exsistence since the begining of the universe no longer apply to humans. We could do whatever we wanted!

You could yourself rip off other works of life and it would relate to you would it not? Nothing really laughable about that is there. If I was to visit your house I would see things you have that I have in my house lol.

No you could not do what ever you wanted, you are still bound by the laws of nature, such as death. Say you are a time traveler and you get into a gun battle that ended up you being shot dead.. The conscious you will die in that worldline.

Ah, but I know what you might say, If you are bound by the laws of nature you can not time travel. So how do you know this?
Show me the law book lol.

NOT ONCE did he EVER state Y2K happened on his timeline (where he's a time traveller). Where did you get that from?
And it didn't happen on this time line (where he's now 8 years old or so) so common sense says he's never experienced it. So again, what in the world are you talking about?

In a Universe made up of infinite worldliness (superuniverse), everything is possible.

I think you fail to understand what worldlines are or we fail to understand each other. In this worldline the word Y2K has appeared, Titor is supposedly born in 1998 in my worldline.... that is my point, though he is or will be aware of Y2K in my worldline. So YES Titor has experienced Y2K......He will probably be or not be a time traveler in our worldline, but that is left to circumstance.

Did I say "Titor stated Y2K happend on his worldline." NO...
... I'm only expressing it could have. From his posts he really does not say he experienced Y2K in his 2036 timeline.
Who is to say he didn't though. After all there is infinite possibilities.

That's what I'm talking about.
You (or whoever) said he went back to 1975 to fix Y2K. Not possible.
If he wanted to fix Y2K, he would have sayed on C.

His example of ABCD is just a small sample of what worldlines are like. If you was to look closer at ABCD there are many more ABCD in each A B C D worldlines. It is much like fractal geometry. If you was to use billion billion billion billion magnifications you would see more ABCD's in each alphabet. So if he went forward on C he would create more ABCD. So in reality he would not stay on C to fix Y2K.

We don't know if there are any other time travelers. He said they've never been visited by time travelers so we only know of the time travelers in his worldline which did not experience Y2K

Since there is time travelers on Titor's worldline, then we do know there is other time travelers, right! The time travelers that visit 2000 would not be as arrogant as Titor, I would think.

In our worldline the more advanced traveler from a time much further than Titor's 2036 would not say "I'm a time traveler".

Those time travelers with Titor are probably in our worldline, but may not be time travelers in our worldl yet, that is left to circumstance

Y2K did not cause devastating chaos in our worldline, but we are aware of that it could of happened.

We are aware of Y2K right, so how do you know time travelers in his worldline did not experience Y2K ?

Are you saying they did not experience it. Or not aware of it? Or both?

posted on Jan, 19 2006 @ 06:48 PM
link   
Theory and misquotation abound in this discussion. So I am going to clarify a few things with quotes straight from the horse’s mouth. I would suggest you all refer to the excellent John Titor archive on ATS from now on to avoid confusion and misquotes.

The basis of this thread is the following statements made by John Titor.
Italics indicate someone else asking Titor a question.

21 November 2000 10:41 am
For a change, I have a question for all of you. I want you to think very hard. What major disaster was expected and prepared for in the last year and a half that never happened?

03/01/2001 11:31 am
How come it doesn't bother you that people may die through your inaction yet you find it "morally wrong" that you might affect lives by active involvement?
I'm not sure I said it didn’t bother me, I only stated I won’t interfere on purpose. Again I refer to a historical example. Before Pearl Harbor was attacked in 1941, a small group of US soldiers were experimenting with a new technology called RADAR. As the Japanese planes were flying toward the island, they actually picked them up in time to thwart the surprise attack. Unfortunately, they were unfamiliar with the equipment and figured it wasn’t working correctly.

Yes, the Pearl Harbor example relates to Y2K. Have you considered that I might already have accidentally screwed up your worldline?

03/24/2001 06:19 pm
What amazes me is why no one here wonders why Y2K didn’t hit them at all?

- JOHN TITOR

Now, in regards the Pearl harbor example, I remember another post he made where he talked about what would happen if he had run up that hill and told those guys playing with the RADAR what the signals actually meant. Basically, this small action could have set off a chain of events, which would have ended in a totally different worldline.

So when he refers to the Y2K problem as being similar, I take it as an admission of guilt on his part. He says it himself! “I might already have accidentally screwed up your worldline”. Consider this scenario. Titor goes back, meets his Grandfather. While explaining who he is and why he needs the 5100 IBM, he mentions that it is a problem that UNIX has in 2038, similar to the Y2K problem. What’s Y2K? his Grandfather would have asked, and effectively Titor had just metaphorically run up that hill to the boys with the RADAR and changed our worldline forever.

What other statements would I refer to back up this hypothesis? Well consider these remarks by Titor:

03/24/2001 06:19 pm
My parting thought revolves around something J.C. has been harping on since day one. No, I do not have a secret agenda but I have been paying a great deal of attention to your worldline. My interaction with you was not a direct mission parameter but it was a secondary mission protocol based on standing orders given to all temporal drivers. That secondary objective is basically to gather as much information about a worldline based on a set of observable variables when we first arrive. Your worldline met those conditions. What amazes me is why no one here wonders why Y2K didn’t hit them at all?

02/12/01 20:54
why do you keep telling us about the ww3..etc.. how do you know that will even -happen- in our worldline? it may have already been nipped in the bud for all you know..because ours is a different -worldline- from yours!
Yes, you are correct! However, I am not confident things are different enough for you to avoid the conflict. You may also consider the possibility that a world with no war is far less desirable in the long run. In response to your other point, your assumptions about causality are correct but my personal morality still comes into play. I won’t deviate from my three rules because of the way I would feel about myself.

02/19/01 19:25
[I]I guess you are held accountable, in some way, for changes that occur in your time period..[/I]
You’re pretty much correct about your statement but actually, nothing I do here will affect my home. I hold myself accountable for any damage I do

– JOHN TITOR

So, realizing what he has done, Titor takes the opportunity to leap forward to just after when the Y2K bug should have struck to see how things are going. He finds that conflict, while now not inevitable is still quite possible. Don’t you think if he could have got the chance to find out had the war that had killed so many could have been avoided, he would have had a look and gather data for the folks back on his worldline? Anything he did on this worldline had no bearing on the worldline he was returning to.

The most chilling part in my mind is when he says “You may also consider the possibility that a world with no war is far less desirable in the long run”. In other words, the war was horrific but the end results were the US emerged a stronger more unified country and the NWO were defeated. In our worldline, if there is no war then the NWO are still in power which throws all his predictions out the window.

The title of this thread was “John Titor - No Need to Worry?” Maybe we escaped Civil War and WWIII, but was the devil we knew was coming better than the devil we don’t know is coming?

posted on Jan, 19 2006 @ 10:07 PM
link   

Ok, first off your trying to fit a square peg into a round hole lol.

Maybe I should rephrase this, It is not that I "need" to believe in his post. As I have no need to rely on John Titor's post to know multiverses exist. I gave you examples above to why this is.

You know for a fact mutiverses exsist? How?

Sometimes the future is predictable, most people prepare for it. If we had no future, then there would be no need for public schools ext... lol. We all have the gift of divination. School, people and everything that is around you inspires your destiny.

You are the passenger not the driver of destiny.

Circumstance is your driver, it is what creates other worldlines, though some would argue to say it is God who drives and that there is no other worldlines.

So now you think I am one who professes to predict future events lol?
Why are you asking me again?

You could yourself rip off other works of life and it would relate to you would it not? Nothing really laughable about that is there. If I was to visit your house I would see things you have that I have in my house lol.

What the people who put together the Titor story did borderlines plagiarism. They took pieces of other works of fiction and called it their own.

No you could not do what ever you wanted, you are still bound by the laws of nature, such as death. Say you are a time traveler and you get into a gun battle that ended up you being shot dead.. The conscious you will die in that worldline.

Ah, but I know what you might say, If you are bound by the laws of nature you can not time travel. So how do you know this?
Show me the law book lol.

I'll show you the book as soon as you show me a human body that's capable of handeling what it would take to time travel. And show me what earthly elements would be able to withstand what it would take to time travel. And show me a machine that is able to harness the power and energy it would take to time travel. And since it's extremely possible if not likely that you would end up in a different worldline, show me how one would test this device before sending a fragile human body in it.

In a Universe made up of infinite worldliness (superuniverse), everything is possible.

I think you fail to understand what worldlines are or we fail to understand each other. In this worldline the word Y2K has appeared, Titor is supposedly born in 1998 in my worldline.... that is my point, though he is or will be aware of Y2K in my worldline. So YES Titor has experienced Y2K......He will probably be or not be a time traveler in our worldline, but that is left to circumstance.

Problem is, Y2K never happened in the 1998 worldline which we currently live in.
So when he grows up, what? He just sits around thinking "I remember when I was a kid some people talked about Y2K. Nothing ever happened but I think I'll go in my time machine anyway and try to fix something that never happened."

That makes no sense.

Did I say "Titor stated Y2K happend on his worldline." NO...
... I'm only expressing it could have. From his posts he really does not say he experienced Y2K in his 2036 timeline.
Who is to say he didn't though. After all there is infinite possibilities.

If Y2K happened in his worldline, then that would been the main problem and main reason why everything happened the way it did on his worldline. If he never mentions it, then it obviously had no impact.

And again, if it happened during his time, then our worldline is dramatically different from his.

We are aware of Y2K right, so how do you know time travelers in his worldline did not experience Y2K ?

Are you saying they did not experience it. Or not aware of it? Or both?

Probably both. There's not a shred of evidence to even suggest that they've experienced Y2K.

posted on Jan, 20 2006 @ 12:31 AM
link   
Problem being is, during one of Titor's conversations, he commented on how strange it was that Y2K hadn't happened, as it HAD happened on his timeline...

It was fairly important, because it set up for me a distinct difference between the two world, part of that 2.5%.

If Y2K had severely dampened our ability to communicate online (Which likely wouldn't have been permanent), much science would have progressed slower as colleagues wouldn't have been able to communicate as effectively.

On top of that, it has been mentioned that the internet has become something of a watchdog of the watchdogs... it has become hard for people in the public eye to do something and it not turn up on the internet.

I said hard, not impossible.

Still though, I remember Titor mentioning that his timeline had Y2K happen. Either my memory is faulty, or I'm right.

And either way, does it really matter if Titor was right or wrong? Believe him, don't believe him, make up your own minds and leave the rest of us alone to speculate.

I feel it is more important to speculate and keep ones eyes open as to what can occurr than to ignore my surroundings and possible warnings, even should they come from a complete nutcase.

Never count anything out, otherwise you are not a skeptic... you're a disbeliever.

posted on Jan, 20 2006 @ 10:45 AM
link   
seriously, anyone need a bridge in brooklyn ? I can even have your name put on it, lets say a cool million. You get to keep the toll revenue, and I can arrange a nice little ribbon cutting ceremony as well.

I have my eyes open, and I also know BS when I see it

do we need a torino countdown clock on ATS ?

posted on Jan, 20 2006 @ 01:00 PM
link   

quote: Originally posted by howmuchisthedoggy
The most chilling part in my mind is when he says “You may also consider the possibility that a world with no war is far less desirable in the long run”. In other words, the war was horrific but the end results were the US emerged a stronger more unified country and the NWO were defeated. In our worldline, if there is no war then the NWO are still in power which throws all his predictions out the window.

The title of this thread was “John Titor - No Need to Worry?” Maybe we escaped Civil War and WWIII, but was the devil we knew was coming better than the devil we don’t know is coming?

When I read the story, I do not see it as Titor "predicting" our future. I see it as he is telling us about his worldline.
If the Titor story is real, that means Civil War is still possible and WWlll may invariably to occur.
Again I see it as worldlines having similar outcomes in which could be delayed or to never happen.

Your on the right path, I agree with most of what you say. There is undoubtedly a mischievous demon in the works that has inescapable consequences. Whether the story to be a hoax or not, something will be 100% blameworthy to come.
I blame the story for giving me thought provoking entertainment in which such a multiverse could exist lol.

quote: Originally posted byThatsJustWeird

I have already told you in this thread. Halo 2 is how LMAO. In theory it is possible.
Why you want to know, do you want to visit one?

You asked me about the future, you said "What's going to happen in our future."
I answered "sometimes the future is predictable" that is my answer. The rest is rant.

What the people who put together the Titor story did borderlines plagiarism. They took pieces of other works of fiction and called it their own.

I'm sure you could find any book to compare it with, maybe a recipe book would work into the mixture.

I'll show you the book as soon as you show me a human body that's capable of handeling what it would take to time travel. And show me what earthly elements would be able to withstand what it would take to time travel. And show me a machine that is able to harness the power and energy it would take to time travel. And since it's extremely possible if not likely that you would end up in a different worldline, show me how one would test this device before sending a fragile human body in it.

Why would I need to show you, when you could find all that in the Titor story?

Problem is, Y2K never happened in the 1998 worldline which we currently live in.
So when he grows up, what? He just sits around thinking "I remember when I was a kid some people talked about Y2K. Nothing ever happened but I think I'll go in my time machine anyway and try to fix something that never happened."

That makes no sense.

Do you realize that you contradict yourself, first you say Titor remembers it as a kid, then I ask you, "did they not experience it. Or not aware of it? Or both?"
Your answer is = both.

If your answer is both, then how does Titor remembering Y2K?

As syrinx high priest would say "You can't have it both ways" lol.

You can only have contradictory statements if worldlines exist lol.

And again, if it happened during his time, then our worldline is dramatically different from his.

Well I'm glad someone realizes why the civil war has not started "yet" lol.

quote: Originally posted by syrinx high priest
seriously, anyone need a bridge in brooklyn ?

Oh No! another robotic post.

posted on Jan, 20 2006 @ 01:13 PM
link   

I have my eyes open, and I also know BS when I see it

do we need a torino countdown clock on ATS ?

Good to see you have your eyes open syrinx high priest.

I suggest another 'Al-Qaeda' attack countdown clock.
Since you have your eyes wide open, did you know that Osama Bin Laden has been resurrected?

I believe we only need one simple attack for 'Homeland Security' to be fully operational. That means full control in the cities. Remember what John Titor had to say about that:

(quote John Titor)
From the age of 8 to 12, (2006-2010) we lived away from the cities and spent most of our time in a farm community with other families avoiding conflict with the federal police and National Guard. By that time, it was pretty clear that we were not going back to what we had and the division between the "cities" and the "country" was well defined.
(end quote John Titor)

Big bad Osama speaks
www.nydailynews.com...
abcnews.go.com...

(quote)
"The operations are under preparation and you will see them in your houses as soon as they are complete," Bin Laden said in a new audiotape yesterday. Bin Laden's threats were coupled with a truce offer: He said he'll halt his homicidal plotting if and only if the U.S. pulls its troops out of Iraq and Afghanistan and leaves the two in the hands of militant Islamists. If not, he vowed "revenge as it was on Sept. 11," making reference to the 2001 attacks in New York and Washington.
(end quote)

Security is being stepped up across the country though the city remains at alert level orange, where it has been since the 9/11 attacks.

But for how long?

posted on Jan, 20 2006 @ 02:50 PM
link   

I have already told you in this thread. Halo 2 is how LMAO. In theory it is possible.
Why you want to know, do you want to visit one?

Sure I would love to visit one. Preferably one that's filled with nothing but beautiful women

You asked me about the future, you said "What's going to happen in our future."
I answered "sometimes the future is predictable" that is my answer. The rest is rant.

Sure the future is sometimes predictable. I predict night will come tonight.
But in this case, people are basing their future predictions on false information (Titor). If Titor is false, then why continue using him as a guide to make future predictions (not saying you're doing this, but in general)

I'm sure you could find any book to compare it with, maybe a recipe book would work into the mixture.

No.
You know why Titor hasn't come forth til this day? Because what he did was borderline illegal. If he had come up with something original, then his story would have held much better ground.

Why would I need to show you, when you could find all that in the Titor story?

No...you seriously can't. Why would I believe what Titor wrote anyway?

Do you realize that you contradict yourself, first you say Titor remembers it as a kid, then I ask you, "did they not experience it. Or not aware of it? Or both?"
Your answer is = both.

If your answer is both, then how does Titor remembering Y2K?

Didn't Titor say he was a historian?
He would study stuff like that. But, the average joe just went through a 10 year civil war and a nuclear war after that. I seriously doubt they would care about something that never happened. So the ones who study history would probably know about it, other then that no one would care and are probably not aware of it. Why would they be?
(he also states the average lifespan is about 52 years...on top of the fact that half the world died in the wars....anyone old enough to remember all the talk about Y2K is probably dead)

Well I'm glad someone realizes why the civil war has not started "yet" lol.

If Y2K happened on his worldline and not ours (period, there was no delay or anything. It didn't happen period), then why would a civil war that happened on his worldline happen on ours?
If Y2K happened on his worldline, then his worldline in WAAAY over the 2% divergence he predicted this world to be from his making everything he stated that happened unlikely for this worldline.

posted on Jan, 20 2006 @ 03:05 PM
link   
If Y2K happened on his worldline and not ours (period, there was no delay or anything. It didn't happen period), then why would a civil war that happened on his worldline happen on ours?
If Y2K happened on his worldline, then his worldline in WAAAY over the 2% divergence he predicted this world to be from his making everything he stated that happened unlikely for this worldline.

spin titorettes, spin away !!!!

posted on Jan, 20 2006 @ 03:37 PM
link   
Another thing. What's up with 1998?
When he starts posting in 2000, not once does he ever mention going to 1998. He just states that he's been there (in 2000) for a couple months and is there for personal reasons.
Titor:

My initial flight was from 2036 to 1975 (61 yrs). I then went from 1975 to 2000 (25 yrs.) Later this year, one of two favorable windows will open and I will return to my 2036 (35 yrs.) I am here now for personal reasons.

So where did 1998 come from?

Ahhh....I'll tell you in a bit. Also deals with Titor and Y2K.

posted on Jan, 20 2006 @ 06:02 PM
link   

1. Because the foundations for the war are not reliant upon Y2k, but are only helped along by it occurring in John's timeline.

2. No, not necessarily. Y2k could have had as little significance as speeding things along. I don't see that speeding along the inevitable really differs that much in the outcome, and I am sure John didn't either.

I have to agree with John, I think it might be better if there was a war... it is painful what society is becoming, and people have lost their passion to discover. Humanity is turning inward, and that can only mean self destruction.

I ask both Thatsjustweird and Syrinxhighpriest to explain why it is important for each of them to debunk Titor, and why it is not important to be aware of your civil liberties and responsibilities as an American.

I sense a deep dislike for Titor from both of these people, which has little to do with being skeptical and more to do with some irrational emotion which seems to drive them to make claims that they themselves cannot back up with more than mere belief.

This is, in the end, a matter of belief versus belief... and accordingly, to what I have noted, there really haven't been many victories in recorded history concerning such topics.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join