It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

European court rules human rights violated by climate inaction

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 11 2024 @ 05:36 AM
link   

originally posted by: network dude
So this ruling won't effect me in any way?

How do you think it will effect you? If they win? Or lose?

Having a court decide that because some folks are in a cult, everyone must abide by their cult rules?

Again, you're making your own choices. Do you ever ascend above baseless name calling? To take a case to court you need to be able to base it upon evidence. The court will then make a decision based upon the weight of the evidence. If it is just a cult, surely you have nothing to worry about.

Everything in my life involves me, so the me part of me is interested in this, why did you feel the need to post on this thread? is it all about you?

I have zero expectation that these cases will have any real impact on my "now" or very possibly even have impact within what is left of my lifetime.

posted on Apr, 11 2024 @ 07:10 AM
link   

originally posted by: FlyersFan

originally posted by: quintessentone
So what if they die? Is that what you mean?

What are you talking about? Seriously ....

Some old people are suing the government because it's hot outside.
That's RETARDED.
It gets hot. It's what naturally happens. It's called SUMMER.
It's the way life works. It's the way the world exists.
Are they going to sue the government next because it gets dark at night?
Are they going to sue the government because it rains on a certain day?
Are they going to sue the government because the crickets are too loud at night?

#ing stupid.

Maybe you're the one who's #ing stupid?

Nobody is suing anyone because it's getting hot. Perhaps you should try to understand your subject matter better before you before you start throwing pig ignorant responses around.

posted on Apr, 11 2024 @ 07:19 AM
link   

originally posted by: Fdttaut
Maybe you're the one who's #ing stupid?

Nope. Compared to some people here, I'm a freak'n genius.

People suing the government because it's hot outside. RETARDED.
It gets hot. That's what happens.
Like I said, next thing you know they'll be suing because it's dark at night
or because the crickets are chirping too loud for them to sleep well.

DUMB.

posted on Apr, 11 2024 @ 07:42 AM
link   
"People suing the government because it's hot outside. RETARDED."
Read
People suing the government because climate change is governments fault and people suffer for it.

It is getting hotter every summer and this has been happening regardless of your age, gender or your inability to feel the temperature when you go outside.

If only usa and china were a little less retarded we wouldn't be talking about this.

posted on Apr, 11 2024 @ 07:47 AM
link   

originally posted by: Dajoos
People suing the government because climate change is governments fault and people suffer for it..

Prove that the climate changing is the governments fault.

Easy to google temp change. Earth's temperature has risen by an average of 0.11° Fahrenheit (0.06° Celsius) per decade since 1850, or about 2° F in total.

Prove that the entire 2 degree temp rise over the past 175 years is the fault of that particular government that they sued.

Prove that the climate doesn't also change naturally.

Prove that that the temp going up .11 degree Fahrenheit per decade effected these women so much that they deserved to sue over it and win.

Like I said .... DUMB.

edit on 4/11/2024 by FlyersFan because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 11 2024 @ 07:54 AM
link   
a reply to: FlyersFan

These Climate Scientologists are completely bonkers 🤡
I can see it now, ‘All hail Greta’ 🫡

posted on Apr, 11 2024 @ 08:07 AM
link   
a reply to: FlyersFan

"Prove that the climate changing is the governments fault."
Something about emissions and co2 trapping heat in the atmosphere. Something about goverments ability to make laws to limit said emissions. 2 + 2 = ?

"Prove that the climate doesn't also change naturally."
Why? I never made such a claim. Why are you arguing like this?

"Prove that that the temp going up .11 degree Fahrenheit per decade effected these women so much that they deserved to sue over it and win."
Again, why? I never said "they deserved to win", or it "effected these women so much". Did something in my post offended you?

posted on Apr, 11 2024 @ 08:57 AM
link   

originally posted by: Unknownparadox
a reply to: Dandandat3

Good maybe they will quit trying to save the planet from Co2 by burning tree's now. Just a thought.

I'm no tree hugging environmentalist, but I learned how important trees were for oxygen when I was in elementary school. I'd figure that clearing them out of huge areas can only lead to a warmer environment and less oxygen. Perhaps leaving them alone would be the best thing. The clear them out to build neighborhoods with big houses that do nothing besides make the grid weaker.

posted on Apr, 11 2024 @ 09:12 AM
link   
a reply to: BrucellaOrchitis

A cult doesn't stop being a cult because it hurts your feels to call it such. It's a cult because there is a belief based on false information. And it's believed and vehemently defended by those who are victims of the same cult. Like arguing with Heavens Gate members that Nikes are a bad choice of footwear.

I get that those who would be sucked into this cult aren't good at critical thinking, that part is clear. Which is why it doesn't surprise me that that same person wouldn't grasp what a court ruling that sets precedent might do in the future. The fact that it can have detrimental effects when used as a political weapon, as it is currently, is what drives me to be concerned. Just because you are at the end of your sell by date, doesn't mean those of us who have a few years left want to live those few years being subjected to insane legislation and rules due to a cult following.

It's an opinion on a site made for voicing opinions.
edit on 11-4-2024 by network dude because: Beto, what a stupid name.

posted on Apr, 11 2024 @ 09:53 AM
link   

originally posted by: Vermilion

originally posted by: BernnieJGato

bring your old asses to fl when the temperature is 105, humidity is around 80% and heat index makes it feel like 115 or higher and you can't get that sticky sh@@ off you. then complain about how hot switzerland is.

Yup
Or New Orleans in the summer.
Below sea level humidity wrecks many visitors.
You can literally see the sweat oozing out of your pores.

That's how it gets up here in NW Louisiana too. Sucks laying out in the pool with a 125° heat index sizzling you. Do we complain though? Nope, just fall into the water or go inside when your head starts hurting. Lol

posted on Apr, 11 2024 @ 09:58 AM
link   

So these old women sued the country because it's hot outside?
And they won?
This is so freak'n stupid. Seriously.

Not really because the elderly have more of a propensity of getting heat-related diseases and/or dying from it.

www.weforum.org...#:~:text=Older%20adults%20are%20more%20vulnerable%20to%20extreme%2 0heat,especially%20among%20people%20who%20already%20have%20breathing%20difficulties.

Do they not have homes with air conditioners or something? Shade? My parents are in their 70's and do yard work in 100+ temps all summer long.

posted on Apr, 11 2024 @ 09:59 AM
link   

Not really because the elderly have more of a propensity of getting heat-related diseases and/or dying from it.

I know. I"m old.
SO WHAT? It's irrelevant.
Again .. they are suing the government because it's hot outside.
This is beyond STUPID. It gets hot. That's what happens.
And that some court agreed with them shows how brain dead the world is becoming.

So what if they die? Is that what you mean?

What will having more money in their bank account resolve?

posted on Apr, 11 2024 @ 10:00 AM
link   

originally posted by: LSU2018

And they won?

www.weforum.org...#:~:text=Older%20adults%20are%20more%20vulnerable%20to%20extreme%2 0heat,especially%20among%20people%20who%20already%20have%20breathing%20difficulties.

Do they not have homes with air conditioners or something? Shade? My parents are in their 70's and do yard work in 100+ temps all summer long.

Generalizing does not help the elderly that have heat-related issues, obviously some do some don't. Those that do may have life-threatening issues related to heat.

posted on Apr, 11 2024 @ 10:09 AM
link   

And they won?

Generalizing does not help the elderly that have heat-related issues, obviously some do some don't. Those that do may have life-threatening issues related to heat.

So do they not have cooled homes or what? All I can see here are a bunch of rich old women sitting around playing Scrabble and gossiping, mad that it's hot outside.

Seriously, #ing deal with it like everyone else has always done. No amount of money will cool them off in the heat if they don't already understand how cooling off works.

posted on Apr, 11 2024 @ 10:11 AM
link   

And they won?

So do they not have cooled homes or what? All I can see here are a bunch of rich old women sitting around playing Scrabble and gossiping, mad that it's hot outside.

Seriously, #ing deal with it like everyone else has always done. No amount of money will cool them off in the heat if they don't already understand how cooling off works.

Not your call, not my call - the decision has been made that the government was responsible for providing them with the human rights to which they are entitled by way of getting off their asses in their ivory towers and dealing with the problem.

posted on Apr, 11 2024 @ 11:05 AM
link   

Switzerland can't be neutral against climate change or something?

The Sigma variance of temperature is in direct correlation with the overzealous reduction of carbon, sulfur, and methane emissions.

Like with a supervolcano, you have a good mix of Co2 and cooling agents, with the cooling agents usually winning the battle and causing "Years without a summer", and that was only freaking Tambora in 1815. I think even Tonga did something.

It's almost like the more they think the can do to fight, the more imbalanced the emissions actually become.

I won't deny sh*ts getting warmer, but when all the emissions of mankind throughout history ranks next to a New Zealand Supervolcano (Taupo) in terms of total volume of sulfur and carbon emissions there's something not lining up.

It's not that earth can't handle Sulfur/carbon release in excess, it's just that there's no scrubbers on supervolcanos to throw artificial wacky balances into the armosophere.

If you can prove its a sulfur/carbon imbalance actually causes it, YOU CAN SUE EVERYONE THEN.

"Your stupid catalytic convertor laws made this worse!"

Another one that gets overlooked is reducing cow methane may actually warm the earth, because it's been recently discovered methane clouds can reduce heat by 30%.

Like a greenhouse gas that cools.

www.sciencedaily.com...

So basically forcing agriculture to actively fight emissions, and of course EPA emission standards (after forests started dying), has led to massively unbalanced atmosphere we created ourselves trying to prevent smog.

In reality, all the regulators can be sued.
edit on 11-4-2024 by Degradation33 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 11 2024 @ 12:57 PM
link   
a reply to: Justoneman

I was under that impression as well.

Thanks for confirming it.

Appreciated.

posted on Apr, 12 2024 @ 07:52 AM
link   

a reply to: BrucellaOrchitis

A cult doesn't stop being a cult because it hurts your feels to call it such. It's a cult because there is a belief based on false information. And it's believed and vehemently defended by those who are victims of the same cult. Like arguing with Heavens Gate members that Nikes are a bad choice of footwear.

If you are using the definition of cult as being "fashionable" or "popular", I would agree, it is. If you are implying that it is the other meaning, then please show me their charismatic leader - and please, please do not involve Greta because she may be a lot of things but charismatic isn't one of them.

Some may believe in "climate change", most though simply consider the evidence and make an informed decision based upon the available evidence.

I get that those who would be sucked into this cult aren't good at critical thinking, that part is clear.

Lol, I believe you may be projecting here. Do you have a charismatic leader? And again, let's not go with Trump because - see above.

Which is why it doesn't surprise me that that same person wouldn't grasp what a court ruling that sets precedent might do in the future. The fact that it can have detrimental effects when used as a political weapon, as it is currently, is what drives me to be concerned. Just because you are at the end of your sell by date, doesn't mean those of us who have a few years left want to live those few years being subjected to insane legislation and rules due to a cult following.

I have every expection of making it another 4 decades maybe - give or take - barring fire and flood, unfortunate accidents and the like but I also know that it has taken just over fifty years to get to here - and that here is not very far in terms of actual progress. Plus I've read the predictions, I know that change isn't going to happen over night. For example, 2075 is the earliest we can expect to see stabilisation of the CO2 levels according to my reading on the subject.

It's an opinion on a site made for voicing opinions.

For you maybe, I prefer to see opinions not simply voiced but presented by curious minds eager to support their opinions with solid research - but it's not all about me and I have learnt to compromise.

posted on Apr, 12 2024 @ 08:24 AM
link   
If we could just get some action on this dirt problem then all this other flagrant climatalogical vandalism might be overlooked. A worldwide mandate to concrete over all farmlands would be a step in the right direction imo.

posted on Apr, 12 2024 @ 08:32 AM
link   

originally posted by: iaylyan
If we could just get some action on this dirt problem then all this other flagrant climatalogical vandalism might be overlooked. A worldwide mandate to concrete over all farmlands would be a step in the right direction imo.

Did he say in the next 80 years? Just start planting more trees, problem solved.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join