It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Does 'ethical non-monogamy' really exist?

page: 5
<< 2  3  4   >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 2 2024 @ 02:05 PM
link   
a reply to: quintessentone

I mean it is arguably the best way to guarantee no pregnancy, but I think that's the wrong way to handle the issue. I think that's the reason that uber religious groups often see shotgun weddings and teen pregnancies and babies in garbage cans. Proper education about sex is paramount, and one of the most important aspects of that education is teaching that actions have consequences, along with teaching that IT IS A CHILD and that IT IS A HUMAN and IT IS INNOCENT. There are tons of ways to mitigate the potential for an unplanned pregnancy, and I think every single one of those options should be totally available so that we can reduce the number of unplanned pregnancies. Unfortunately, so long as we're teaching people that abortion is an acceptable form of birth control and we're pushing the narrative that abortions don't kill unborn children we're fuxxed.

posted on Apr, 2 2024 @ 02:06 PM
link   

originally posted by: MrGashler

I mean it is arguably the best way to guarantee no pregnancy, but I think that's the wrong way to handle the issue. I think that's the reason that uber religious groups often see shotgun weddings and teen pregnancies and babies in garbage cans. Proper education about sex is paramount, and one of the most important aspects of that education is teaching that actions have consequences, along with teaching that IT IS A CHILD and that IT IS A HUMAN and IT IS INNOCENT. There are tons of ways to mitigate the potential for an unplanned pregnancy, and I think every single one of those options should be totally available so that we can reduce the number of unplanned pregnancies. Unfortunately, so long as we're teaching people that abortion is an acceptable form of birth control and we're pushing the narrative that abortions don't kill unborn children we're fuxxed.

It's not all about that, it's about controlling a woman's body and a woman's choice.

posted on Apr, 2 2024 @ 02:10 PM
link   
a reply to: Annee

Actually, they are. Just the same as men are. Women who want open access to abortion are free to either move to a state that gives them the access to abortion that they want, or advocate for their state to adopt the level of abortion access that they want. Your beliefs on abortion don't trump mine or anyone elses, including the women who don't agree with you. You believe that it needs to apply to all women. Not all women share that belief.

Also, didn't you say something earlier about this being the wrong thread? Did that suddenly change or did your knickers get knotted up enough for you to not care now?

posted on Apr, 2 2024 @ 02:35 PM
link   

The overwhelming majority of people are not interested in controlling a womans body or a womans choice. They're interested in not killing innocent human beings for matters of convenience. That's what abortion is and that's what abortion does when done for non medical and non traumatic reasons, both of which are the extreme minority of cases whether anyone likes that fact or not. I couldn't give a fuxx less about controlling anyones body. I just have this crazy notion that killing an innocent unborn child is wrong.
edit on 242024 by MrGashler because: grammar

posted on Apr, 2 2024 @ 02:38 PM
link   

originally posted by: MrGashler

The overwhelming majority of people are not interested in controlling a womans body or a womans choice. They're interested in not killing innocent human beings for matters of convenience. That's what abortion is and that's what abortion does when done for non medical and non traumatic reasons, both of which are the extreme minority of cases whether anyone likes that fact or not. I could give a fuxx less about controlling anyones body. I just have this crazy notion that killing an innocent unborn child is wrong.

Then why doesn't their tax money go to helping teenaged girls (which are the highest demographic) having to face this issue?

I too want to see changes in society but it appears TPTB stop at taking a woman's right to choose away and they are done

We, here, always seem to get back on to this topic and we are off topic.

People/swingers whatever, it's their right to choose.
edit on q00000040430America/Chicago5757America/Chicago4 by quintessentone because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 2 2024 @ 10:11 PM
link   
a reply to: FlyersFan

Depends on where and when you do it.

I very much doubt that Freud played with himself in public.

Listening to patients sex lives and then masturbating to the thought of it ... unprofessional and sick.

How does anyone know what went through the man’s mind, unless he told people himself, or wrote it in his diary? Well, before you ask: he didn’t do either of those things. The story is a complete fabrication: a libel, in fact.

For a fuller response to quintessentone’s prurient allegations about Freud, see below.

The guy was a weirdo who interviewed women on their sexual fantasies/libido then masturbated afterwards, just my opinion on who really needed psychiatric/sexual therapy help, now let's get back to being on topic, hmm?

Freud is relevant to any discussion of Western sexual mores, that is how we come to be discussing him on this thread. Your accusations are nothing but a raft of made-up nonsense. Nowhere in Freud’s works or letters is there any mention of him masturbating, let alone whom or what he fantasised over while he did it. Neither did any contemporary accuse him of such a thing. There is no record that he had any kind of sexual relationship with any of his daughters nor, as far as is known, his patients; that was Jung. Maybe you once heard something about that and got the two men mixed up.

It has been alleged that Freud had a relationship of some kind with his wife’s sister, possibly with the knowledge of his wife. That is a matter that could be of great relevance to the thread topic, but we won’t discuss that, will we? Not dirty-minded enough. Let’s go straight to the fashionable American obsession with incest and the sexual exploitation of little children instead.

Freud, for what it’s worth, disapproved of masturbation, which he called ‘the primal addiction’. If you’re interested, you can read more about his views on the subject here.

I challenge you, once again, to prove the unjust accusations you have so liberally strewed.

posted on Apr, 3 2024 @ 02:14 PM
link   

That's like asking why our tax dollars don't go to eliminating poverty. There's no money to be made in doing it.

No one is taking away her right to choose. That's the biggest wordplay nonsense in the world. There are tons of choices that a woman has available to her that she can make before it ever reaches the point of choosing to terminate the life of an innocent unborn child.

To clarify, I am not saying you are playing word games with the phrase "right to choose". It is the common phrase used, I get that, but it is absolutely wordplay.

As far as ENM, polyamory, swingers, whatever. I agree. It's 100% their right to choose. If it works for them, cool.

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4   >>

join