It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

TRUMP Bond in Letita James Case Lowered by Appeals Court

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+6 more 
posted on Mar, 25 2024 @ 10:48 AM
link   
Another win. A NY Appeals Court ruled today that Mr Trump only needs 175 million to move forward.

link

A New York appeals court on Monday agreed to hold off collection of former President Donald Trump’s $454 million civil fraud judgment — if he puts up $175 million within 10 days. If he does, it will stop the clock on collection and prevent the state from seizing his assets while he appeals. The development came just before New York Attorney General Letitia James was expected to initiate efforts to collect the judgment.

If this is happening it is because they know #1, the amount was outrageous and #2 they want this it move forward and get it over with.

I guess all that 'Gonna get your property business' is out the window for you haters now.

+10 more 
posted on Mar, 25 2024 @ 10:55 AM
link   
Still is too high.

posted on Mar, 25 2024 @ 10:57 AM
link   
I wouldn't even consider it a win if it was reduced to $1
A win would be the case dismissed and thrown out.

posted on Mar, 25 2024 @ 10:59 AM
link   
I Agree it is still to high. I Agree it should be dismissed.

However....

This is a kick in the balls because they wanted his properties. Bad. I mean, they are already trying another case to say he lied about his net worth in court. They will stop at nothing but it is good to see a court, again, knock Letita down a peg.

+6 more 
posted on Mar, 25 2024 @ 11:12 AM
link   
Fox reported that the appellate judge also struck down the part of the judgement about Trump not being able to do business in NYC.

The trial judge is an embarrassment. He made all of his decisions as a Democrat, not as a decider of law.

posted on Mar, 25 2024 @ 11:18 AM
link   
Leftist democrats don't handle failure with dignity.

Watch them now begin to turn on Leticia James for failing them...just as they have already turned on Big Fani Willis.

posted on Mar, 25 2024 @ 11:24 AM
link   
a reply to: CarlLaFong

That's a fact!

posted on Mar, 25 2024 @ 11:25 AM
link   
$175M is still a lot, considering all it is is a hurt feelings tax.

The judgement is strictly because he hurt a lot of Democrats' feelings. The judgement was to help small, fragile people feel better.

The bond amount was specifically designed to try to prevent him being able to appeal the case (which is illegal) because everyone knows the case is a joke.

What are they gonna do if it gets completely overturned on appeal?
edit on 25-3-2024 by YourFaceAgain because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 25 2024 @ 11:26 AM
link   
Oh...and the fun part of it all is...Trump ALSO just increased his net worth by another $3b to $4b!

posted on Mar, 25 2024 @ 11:30 AM
link   

originally posted by: ColeYounger2
a reply to: CarlLaFong

That's a fact!

"What Doesn't Make Me Stronger, Kills You!" --Hillary 'Nietzsche' Clinton

posted on Mar, 25 2024 @ 11:34 AM
link   
Damage control.

They still don't understand why people love Trump.

As they keep going after him, more people are seeing it as the bs that it is.

The harder they hit him, the more they hurt themselves....

So they will publicly slap the judge...like they did Fani... but will continue the attacks at a lesser degree.

2 steps forward....meet resistance...1 step back.

Let the people adjust and push them again.

posted on Mar, 25 2024 @ 11:41 AM
link   
DWAC stock is jumping up right after the Court Decision. 😃

posted on Mar, 25 2024 @ 11:43 AM
link   

originally posted by: matafuchs
I Agree it is still to high. I Agree it should be dismissed.

However....

This is a kick in the balls because they wanted his properties. Bad. I mean, they are already trying another case to say he lied about his net worth in court. They will stop at nothing but it is good to see a court, again, knock Letita down a peg.

This is moving in the right direction finally is all there is to say now.

posted on Mar, 25 2024 @ 12:23 PM
link   
Finally some justice…

posted on Mar, 25 2024 @ 12:30 PM
link   
I'll laugh so hard if he can't cover it.

LOL!

posted on Mar, 25 2024 @ 12:30 PM
link   
a reply to: xuenchen

UP 25%.....LOL.....

posted on Mar, 25 2024 @ 12:32 PM
link   
Boy, even when you guys get a win, you sure know how to ruin it with the "negative Nancy" routines, and all the crying and whining.

What's wrong with you that you can't even enjoy a small win? Ask yourself that please.

posted on Mar, 25 2024 @ 12:36 PM
link   
a reply to: matafuchs

If this is happening it is because they know #1, the amount was outrageous and #2 they want this it move forward and get it over with.

Seems to me he still has to pay the full amount but has been given extra time to pay it if he stumps up $175 million.

A New York appeals court on Monday agreed to hold off collectionof former President Donald Trump’s $454 million civil fraud judgment — if he puts up $175 million within 10 days.

posted on Mar, 25 2024 @ 12:38 PM
link   
a reply to: Disgusted123

I even enjoy the loses…it is how I learn.

Beyond that, I just love watching progressives try and decide which sand pile to hide their head in.

Because it seems most of them can’t seem to see the truth when it is right in front of them.

posted on Mar, 25 2024 @ 12:40 PM
link   
When Trump does win this, which seems probable, he should sue the state of New york for ten billion and then get a court order that states that New York must pay the money within thirty days or he will seize their government buildings for a value based on their actual value on a quick sale. Most of the government buildings go on auction for pennies on the dollar of their worth....they should use that value.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join