It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Most Compelling Loch Ness Monster Pictures Defy Explanation

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 20 2024 @ 04:02 AM
link   
** That's the title from the article, not my title.

Gotta say, the pictures at the link are pretty good. They were taken in 2018 but held until now. The photographer said she wanted to release them to coincide with the worlds Loch Ness Monster hunt that recently took place. Not sure if I buy that explanation ... but the photos are pretty good.

So .. fake or real? Take a look at the link ...

Most Compelling Loch Ness Monster Pictures Defy Explanation

A complete collection of photos reportedly showing the elusive Loch Ness monster were released this week — and the images are still exciting the man who spent three decades searching for the mysterious beast.

“They are the most compelling surface images of the phenomenon,” Loch Ness expert Steve Feltham told the Daily Mail Tuesday. “They still defy explanation,” he said.

The photos in question were taken by Chie Kelly in 2018 and show a “serpent”-like figure on the surface of the loch in Inverness, Scotland.

Kelly feared being mocked for believing in the beast so she kept the photos from public view until this past August when she decided to put them out into the world to coincide with the largest Loch Ness hunt in 50 years.

posted on Mar, 20 2024 @ 04:27 AM
link   
Looks like Rick’s to me?

Looking across the Firth of Forth at Elie harbour on the coast of Fife, Scotland. Elie Ness Lighthouse stands guard. Bass Rock on horizon.

www.alamy.com... orizon-image460604481.html?imageid=7CD09678-F668-4261-8CFE-E19C1D4D007E&p=1849052&pn=1&searchId=8afccab09fc5b0b035bd509833f2281e&searchtype=0

Too bad there isn’t a video. It’s not like it’s age of video.

posted on Mar, 20 2024 @ 04:28 AM
link   
a reply to: FlyersFan

The first one appears to be 2 black refuse bags tied together.

The second one could be anything from more black bags floating about or possibly even a semi-submerged tree trunk.
edit on 20-3-2024 by andy06shake because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 20 2024 @ 04:34 AM
link   
Lots of photo hoodoo going on…

What is really what?

Added

edit on 20-3-2024 by Lazy88 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 20 2024 @ 07:16 AM
link   

I live right beside loch Ness FF it is a remote area with few people around ,Nessie has a cousin Hamish the kilt monster a few visiting ladies have seen it late at night

There are so many caves in this area it is like Swiss cheese so anything is possible but for a local to say they seen the monster , They would quickly be locked up in the looney bin and their great great grandkids would still be getting slagged well into the future about it .

But I do now 2 people over the years who claim to have seen something at the loch , one was a poacher the other was a clan chief who has a cottage right at the shore and neither was jesting when they told me .

I have worked at the exibition centre and even squeezed myself into the little yellow diving bell somehow when it was open for maintenance way back in the early 80s

posted on Mar, 20 2024 @ 08:53 AM
link   

Its a log or a beaver. Its always either a log or a beaver. It would be cool if there were giant crustaceans from the Paleolithic era

posted on Mar, 20 2024 @ 09:12 AM
link   
a reply to: Shoshanna

Why not giant otters?

Anyway

Otter Auditions for Starring Role as Nessie!

posted on Mar, 20 2024 @ 09:15 AM
link   

I don't think these photos "defy explanation", at all?

posted on Mar, 20 2024 @ 09:17 AM
link   

originally posted by: Oldcarpy2

I don't think these photos "defy explanation", at all?

That's the title of the article.
Not my title.

posted on Mar, 20 2024 @ 09:20 AM
link   

Fair enough. But still....

posted on Mar, 20 2024 @ 12:16 PM
link   
a reply to: stonerwilliam

That loch appears to be very deep. I live in an area where the water line can be higher than cave entrances that house some fantastic species of fish with no need for eyes. I suspect that something as big as Nessie would have to be couldn't easily hide at say 20 meters below the surface in one, but to your point a really deep Cave entrance at say 300 meter or so would be a whole different thing. No diver could explore that, and you have to send something down to map the walls of the Loch that are in a large area deep underwater. A huge undertaking for a "myth". I wouldn't spend funds on that if I was in charge.

edit on 20000000353120243America/Chicago03pm3 by Justoneman because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 20 2024 @ 12:24 PM
link   
As a kid and even now, i think it would be cool if at least some of these lake monsters turned out to be real, previously unknown animals, but its just not happening. Havent there been studies on Loch Ness that there is not even enough fish to sustain a large predator, let along a breeding population? Take out the hoaxes, misidentified boat wakes and waves, and natural explanations like swimming deer, beaver, otter and whats left?

posted on Mar, 20 2024 @ 02:44 PM
link   

originally posted by: Steinermath333
As a kid and even now, i think it would be cool if at least some of these lake monsters turned out to be real, previously unknown animals, but its just not happening. Havent there been studies on Loch Ness that there is not even enough fish to sustain a large predator, let along a breeding population? Take out the hoaxes, misidentified boat wakes and waves, and natural explanations like swimming deer, beaver, otter and whats left?

Nessie looks like a water Brontosaurus (from what people think she looks like), she might feed on plants and such.

posted on Mar, 20 2024 @ 03:26 PM
link   
a reply to: LSU2018

What plants, in this very deep loch?

posted on Mar, 20 2024 @ 03:40 PM
link   

What plants, in this very deep loch?

I have no idea. I don't know anything about Loch Ness outside of the creature people claim to have spotted.

posted on Mar, 20 2024 @ 03:43 PM
link   

It's so deep that sunlight can't reach the bottom so not much plantlife.

posted on Mar, 20 2024 @ 03:53 PM
link   

It's so deep that sunlight can't reach the bottom so not much plantlife.

If that's the case then maybe it really is a carnivore and has much to eat that is unseen.

I think I find it more intriguing now that you just told me that little tidbit. When I think of a lake, I think 60 to 70 feet at the deepest parts.

posted on Mar, 20 2024 @ 04:11 PM
link   

originally posted by: stonerwilliam

I live right beside loch Ness FF it is a remote area with few people around ,Nessie has a cousin Hamish the kilt monster a few visiting ladies have seen it late at night

There are so many caves in this area it is like Swiss cheese so anything is possible but for a local to say they seen the monster , They would quickly be locked up in the looney bin and their great great grandkids would still be getting slagged well into the future about it .

But I do now 2 people over the years who claim to have seen something at the loch , one was a poacher the other was a clan chief who has a cottage right at the shore and neither was jesting when they told me .

I have worked at the exibition centre and even squeezed myself into the little yellow diving bell somehow when it was open for maintenance way back in the early 80s

That's awesome!

I was in London on a business trip in the mid 1990's and my wife came with me since she loved to travel so much, she'd accompany me to Newark, NJ if she could get someone to watch the kids. She was also in love with all things UK at the time as she was researching her heritage so she was positively orgasmic about coming with me. My paternal heritage is pure Scotsman too so we had that in common. Little else but that's another story.

Anyway we decided to go to Scotland after London since I had vacation time available and it was a short, cheap flight from Heathrow to Inverness. We arrived in Inverness around 10am local time and hopped in a rental car for the short ride to Loch Ness. I wanted to see the wee beastie in the Loch for myself!

What beautiful country! And the thing that made it absolutely perfect was that there was a radio station already tuned in in the car that was playing a song by a woman with an an incredible voice, singing something in Gaelic acapella. It was hauntingly beautiful and so fitting for our Scottish adventure.

On a final note, this was early December so there were no tourists about. Sunrise was at 9:30am and sunset was around 3pm - very short days. But we got lucky in that for the 3 days we were in Inverness it was sunny every day, which we were told was a rarity indeed at that time of year. But we never saw the beastie. And we looked, believe me.

I love Scotland. I'd live there in a heartbeat too. I have relatives in the Highlands and in Edinburgh so I'd have some help navigating things too. If things continue on this downward spiral here in the US, I'd seriously consider emigrating.

posted on Mar, 20 2024 @ 04:17 PM
link   

It's a loch, not a lake?

posted on Mar, 20 2024 @ 05:33 PM
link   
I hate to be this asshole and ask this question but, What type of food source would be large enough to sustain a creature of the supposed size of this monster in this lake? Unless of course the monster is like a whale and just inhales plankton through comb like teeth in a supposed head structure that is nothing like that of a whales?

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join