It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Ears ringing tonight

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 15 2024 @ 10:03 PM
link   
Wanted to grab a litmus test on people hearing ringing in their ears.

All of my life I've had ringing in one or the other from time to time. Nothing lasting more than a few minutes. I even remember when I was a kid in the 80's-90's my grandma would tell me "left for love, right for spite."

That being said, this week has been insane and right now it's really bad. It's about 10pm CST. It's both ears and it's a high pitched ringing. It first happened Monday night and I slept like garbage.

The reason I'm asking is because on Tuesday when I got to work I said something to a co-worker and he said him and his wife both slept horrible Monday night. They didn't say they heard ringing, just that they were really restless and couldn't sleep. When I got home from work Tuesday my daughter said her boyfriend slept really bad the night before as well and he had to cancel them hanging out that evening.

At first I equated it to the time change and shrugged it off. Tonight it's happening again but worse. I thought it might be something in my house so I went outside for a walk but it doesn't matter where I go, it's there screaming in my ears.

Maybe I'm getting tinitus (spelling?) or something, I did go to a lot of concerts when I was younger but this just started this week. Is that how it works? Is anyone else hearing this ringing tonight?

Thanks in advance.

posted on Mar, 15 2024 @ 10:05 PM
link   
a reply to: MauiWaui

Somebody’s talking about you….

posted on Mar, 15 2024 @ 10:08 PM
link   
20 years on the flightline in the military.. yea my hearing is shagged.

I have steady ringing in my ears 24/7, almost drove me mad till I learned to focus on other things.

Though when I am exhausted its way worse than normal.

posted on Mar, 15 2024 @ 10:11 PM
link   
a reply to: KKLOCO

You sound like my grandma.... this is different than normal ringing. It's really high pitched and both ears.

Just curious if anyone else is experiencing this or if it's something my ears are doing or something local going on. The closest factory stamps out the brass casings for ammunition so sometimes there is vibrations you can feel in the ground. Maybe i'm sensing that with my ears for some reason tonight.

posted on Mar, 15 2024 @ 10:14 PM
link   
Since I was a kid I would always get it right before getting a migraine. But I didn't even realize what was happening until a doctor asked me some questions when I was a late teen and put two and two together.

Also since having COVID I've noticed waking up with a bad ringing and headache (this headache is different, in the front of my head, not the back like the migraines). I've had several friends, and other people I know, have the same symptoms since having COVID-19.
edit on Fri, 15 Mar 2024 22:15:30 -0500pm31520240300000030America/ChicagoFri, 15 Mar 2024 22:15:30 -0500 by randomuser2034 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 15 2024 @ 10:17 PM
link   
a reply to: randomuser2034

Thankfully I don't get migranes. I had Covid Christmas 2020 and spring 2022 so it would be weird if covid caused this 2 years after the fact.

This is so weird. Hopefully it goes away on it's own soon. I know a couple people that have tinitus and I never really looked into it, if this is what it's like, it sucks.

posted on Mar, 15 2024 @ 10:20 PM
link   

My ears are ringing, too. I'd blame the flightline but I've also been to my share of Metallica concerts.

posted on Mar, 15 2024 @ 10:23 PM
link   
I can hear frequencies change, and it happens a lot. What you are describing sounds to me like one of the pitches I hear sometimes. Yes it can interrupt sleep and much more. Question is what has caused the change in the frequency? Not a question for me but you.

Often people think it is 'them' but it is not. The fact everyone around you has been disrupted/disturbed as well tells me it's not your ears that are the problem.
edit on 15-3-2024 by HighEQ because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 15 2024 @ 10:25 PM
link   

Flight line survivor here as well. I have used this technique and it brings the intensity of my ringing sessions down quite a bit.
m.youtube.com...

Give it a try if you like. There are other techniques available from audiologist's on YouTube. Try searching for "tapping technique for tinnitus"

I had to have my doctor prescribe me a low dose sleeping pill for the really rough nights. I get incessant ringing mixed with oscillating tones; sometimes it's a low, static hum which builds into a higher pitched ring that peaks and then tappers off.

Sucks.

Hope you find relief.

edit on 15-3-2024 by VariedcodeSole because: eta link

posted on Mar, 15 2024 @ 10:29 PM
link   
a reply to: HighEQ

As far as I know, nothing has changed around me. But now you have me thinking, a few months ago at a city council meeting, the police department was awarded some money for a new communication system. I want to say their old system was motorola based and they couldn't get new transmitters or receivers, well they could but it was really expensive, like 12k per vehicle.

Maybe they turned on the new system and I'm "hearing" it?

posted on Mar, 15 2024 @ 10:30 PM
link   
a reply to: VariedcodeSole

Thank you! I will check that out.

posted on Mar, 15 2024 @ 10:31 PM
link   
I had 8 years aircrew in the Navy and have been a drummer all my life.
I find that listening to soft music can take the stress of tinnitus away, but never completely.
It is was it is, but I certainly know where it came from.

posted on Mar, 15 2024 @ 10:43 PM
link   

yes your describing Tinnitus, there are a number of things that can cause it, and some can start when your young.

blood vessel and heart problems
high blood pressure
diabetes
thyroid problems
rheumatoid arthritis
high cholesterol

also some medication can cause it.
best go see a doctor.

oh and there two types of subjective tinnitus, that only you can hear. and believe it or not objective tinnitus/ pulsate tinnitus might be adulate to your doctor

edit on 15-3-2024 by BernnieJGato because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 15 2024 @ 10:51 PM
link   
a reply to: BernnieJGato

I just had my yearly physical less than a month ago with blood work.

Everything is fine. BUT thank you for the solid advice for anyone reading this thread.

posted on Mar, 15 2024 @ 10:54 PM
link   
Wait until the ticking starts, it's like a timebomb.

Seriously... Do any of you have a "Linky" electric meter installed and what kind of lightbulbs do you mainly have? Metal Tooth filling may also play a part.

Personally, I think they are microwaving the masses from above.

Tin foil hats at the ready.

posted on Mar, 15 2024 @ 10:55 PM
link   
As long as I can remember I've had tinnitus. Very very young. But I had many ear infections when I was younger as well. That's when smoking was okay to do in a car with the windows rolled up and your baby is sitting in the backseat. It hasn't gotten any worse or better. But occasionally I can hear this low sound that nobody else can hear. I've heard tell that it could be the wind blowing through the suspension in the bridge. That not everyone would hear it. I'm not sure.

posted on Mar, 15 2024 @ 11:01 PM
link   
a reply to: nerbot

My electric and gas meters are "smart". We have a mix of LED and incandescent bulbs, I replaced the 2'x4' flourescent lights with LED lights a couple years ago. The can lights, bathroom fixtures and fixed ceiling lights are still incandescent.

I do still have some metal fillings, but not many, without looking in the mirror, 2?

Why did this just start a few days ago? I'm really confused at what's happening.

posted on Mar, 15 2024 @ 11:13 PM
link   

Why did this just start a few days ago? I'm really confused at what's happening.

Mine's been going on since the 90s and I've been to the doctor for it. You should get checked out by a doctor if it just started a few days ago.

posted on Mar, 15 2024 @ 11:20 PM
link   
Since my car accident, I have had ringing in my ears. It varies, if I eat right, it goes down quite a bit, almost disappearing and if I eat foods that are bad for my temporal lobe epilepsy, it goes up, then when bad it sounds like a bunch of frogs in a swamp...which makes me eat some more powerful anti-epileptic food chemistries quickly to lessen my risk of a seizure.

The hearing tests I had...many of them...clearly showed it was a problem in the brain and not in the ear. A scar on the MRI on the temporal lobe near the ear causes this problem. I guess my brain sloshed against a skull protrusion inside and did some damage to that area of the brain leaving a scar. It was pretty evident after the scar tissue formed.

Strange thing is that if I am close to fluorescent lights or some energy sources, it gets worse sounding. I guess it is in the filtering portion of the brain at that location. I learned to live with it and it is a way of judging my epileptic seizure risk...it comes in pretty handy because when the sound goes real loud, I just eat foods that calm the electrical impulses in various ways.

You could have experienced a tiny stroke and it may heal. Those mini-strokes happen frequently in people but usually do not do any lasting harm. But I would get it checked out. Sometimes it is in the bone structure of the ear, but those usually are position sensitive. People get those quite often too, but usually they gradually build up over time, they don't start quickly.

Watch the foods you eat, Cooked cabbage or asparagus works good at controling my type of head noise. So does eating fish even though I do not know why, I have not been able to identify any chemicals in it that would work within an hour to lower my head noise and seizure risk. Pizza is bad, so is that soft cheese that melts fast that contains aluminum chemistries. Aluminum is also in some baking powders and other chemical structures added to store breads to extend the life of them. Aluminum is a neurostimulant/excitant. It can disrupt the proper brain activity. Certain chemistries of aluminum are more bioactive, especially alum that is in pickles and some other foods like fast melting cheese...tied to sulfur compounds

posted on Mar, 15 2024 @ 11:37 PM
link   
a reply to: Irishhaf

Text20 years on the flightline in the military.. yea my hearing is shagged.

I have steady ringing in my ears 24/7, almost drove me mad till I learned to focus on other things.

Though when I am exhausted its way worse than normal.

Man that's gotta suck amigo. My hearing is getting bad and I hate it.
I can't tell what my youngest grand daughter is saying. Thank you
for your service.

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join