It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Who are the Russians?

page: 8
<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 12 2024 @ 09:10 AM
link   

originally posted by: Oldcarpy2
a reply to: andy06shake

A bunch of disparate peoples held together by a common fondness of living under the heel of constant repression and authoritarian regimes?

Not only. The history of Russia is also the history of dissidents. Navalny and Nemtsov weren't the only ones. Some people still serve years long sentences in harsh prisons for merely speaking out against Putin's tyranny and the war in Ukraine; Kara-Murza, Ilya Yashin, Pivovarov, Lilia Chanysheva, to name just a few.

There were also dissidents in the time of the Soviet Union. Some dissenting artists served as an inspiration for Polish Solidarity movement. Like Vysotzky whose song became an anti-communist anthem, also translated into Polish and sung by the opposition singers:

edit on 12-3-2024 by twistedpuppy because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 12 2024 @ 09:13 AM
link   
Repeated for top of page visibility.....

ATTENTION...please read before posting further....and follow this directive.....

BE AWARE THAT IF YOUR POST IS NOT ON TOPIC AND/OR IS ABOUT OTHER MEMBERS YOU MAY BE ABOUT TO HAVE POSTS REMOVED. OR YOU MAY BE TEMPORARILY POST BANNED!
AND, PLEASE REMEMBER THERE IS NO MORE MUD PIT....MUD NOT ALLOWED. Just because the MUD PIT is gone, doesn't mean ATS allows muddy politics.

Everyone and I mean everyone is allowed to post here on topic and to do so without being called names or becoming the target of others' posts. Debate the topic and leave each other out of it. OPPOSING VIEWPOINTS are encouraged.
Those who refuse to get that concept may be POST BANNED!!!

These rules apply to all threads and if you want to engage in personal attacks there are other sites on the Internet where you can do that. Our goal is for ATS to be above that. For members here to post like mature adults.
YOU are responsible for your own posts

And, as always...
Do not reply to this post.

posted on Mar, 12 2024 @ 11:24 AM
link   
a reply to: RussianTroll

I agree with people being conditioned to view things a certain way etc but that does work on both sides. Each side has it role , so to say one is better than the other is silly in my eyes. We’re all human at the end of the day, this devide between Russians or Americans I think is silly because divide and conquer.
Why don’t we stand together more because we may one day need one another.

posted on Mar, 12 2024 @ 11:26 AM
link   

Hello my friend...You didn't bore me in the least...It's refreshing to learn new perspectives...

I've personally been more of an adherent of Eastern Orthodox Christianity...Although I don't own a copy of the Elizabethan and/or the Ostrog Bible's...

I'll have to acquire a copy of each of them to study...

You mentioned the Qumran scrolls...I'm wondering if you have had the chance to study also..."The Nag Hammadi Library"...?

I have copies of the Qumran scrolls and The Nag Hammadi Library...along with..."The other bible"...and..."Lost books of the Bible and the forgotten books of Eden"...

It's also been rather curious to me that God commanded Enoch to write 366 books...yet there are only fleeting references to those books in the book of Jude...

Thank you for providing me with further study...

YouSir

posted on Mar, 12 2024 @ 11:52 AM
link   

originally posted by: YouSir
... God commanded Enoch to write 366 books...

No He didn't. The book of Enoch is pseudopigraphia. Written around 200 BC by multiple authors. It contradicts the bible so a person can not believe in the Bible as The Word of God and at the same time believe that The book of Enoch is from God. It was rejected by Jewish scholars in Christ's time. It was rejected by Christian scholars in 397AD at the Council of Carthage who decided which books were of God and which were not. Christianity Facts

posted on Mar, 12 2024 @ 12:26 PM
link   

originally posted by: G1111B1234

I agree with people being conditioned to view things a certain way etc but that does work on both sides. Each side has it role , so to say one is better than the other is silly in my eyes. We’re all human at the end of the day, this devide between Russians or Americans I think is silly because divide and conquer.
Why don’t we stand together more because we may one day need one another.

I mentally applaud you. As a result, we have common values of freedom, conservatism and faith in God! And God will arrange everything for our common benefit.

posted on Mar, 12 2024 @ 12:30 PM
link   

originally posted by: FlyersFan

originally posted by: YouSir
... God commanded Enoch to write 366 books...

No He didn't. The book of Enoch is pseudopigraphia. Written around 200 BC by multiple authors. It contradicts the bible so a person can not believe in the Bible as The Word of God and at the same time believe that The book of Enoch is from God. It was rejected by Jewish scholars in Christ's time. It was rejected by Christian scholars in 397AD at the Council of Carthage who decided which books were of God and which were not. Christianity Facts

Ummm...and yet...here we have Jude...quoting from the book of Enoch...

Funny that...

Perhaps those good Christian scholars in 397...forgot to exclude that from the...ahem...approved...texts...

YouSir

posted on Mar, 12 2024 @ 12:38 PM
link   

That's nice. So any comment on what I posted here:

"Thou shalt not covet thy neighbour's house, thou shalt not covet thy neighbour's wife, nor his manservant, nor his maidservant, nor his ox, nor his ass, nor any thing that is thy neighbour's."

Also something about not killing folk, I believe?"

No?

posted on Mar, 12 2024 @ 12:41 PM
link   

originally posted by: RussianTroll
... we have common values of freedom, conservatism and faith in God! And God will arrange everything for our common benefit.

Religion in Ukraine

85% of Ukraine has the 'common values' of freedom, conservatism and Christian faith in God .... yet they were invaded and slaughtered by their 'brother' Russians. Didn't work out so well for their benefit.

posted on Mar, 12 2024 @ 12:50 PM
link   
a reply to: YouSir

Greetings.
I am amazed by your thirst for new knowledge.
True, I must inform you that the Ostrog and Elizabethan Bibles were written in Church Slavonic, and it is very difficult for native speakers even of the Russian language to learn at first.
I will describe to you an incident from my life.
Exactly a year ago I came to Anapa for the 40-day anniversary of my uncle’s death. I could not come to his funeral, since at that moment I was on a business trip in Novosibirsk, 10,000 kilometers away.
My aunt and sister and I came to the cemetery to visit the grave and lay flowers. Nearby there was a similar group who arrived on the 40th day to visit their relative who died on the same day.
I opened the prayer book and began to read the Litiya, a civil memorial service for the deceased, which any Orthodox man can read even at home. Naturally, I read the Litia in Church Slavonic almost in the form of a song, as it should be.
Those present at the nearby grave were somewhat shocked, and then approached my sister and asked if I was a priest, and why I was wearing jeans, sneakers, a fashionable jacket, and dark glasses?
When it was explained to them that I was a simple layman, and any man could do the same thing at the grave, they were shocked. I think the men thought about it after that.
The beauty of the Church Slavonic language is matched only by its complexity. For many years, confused by words, accents and pronunciations, every morning and evening I tried to pray in this language and understand the meaning. And suddenly I began to sing, yes, to sing, and instinctively. This was the flight of the Soul. I understood everything.
I wish you good luck and the same flight of Soul as mine)))))

posted on Mar, 12 2024 @ 12:55 PM
link   
a reply to: FlyersFan

First of all, they were subjected to a century of expansion of Judaism. And now all political positions, including the presidency, in Ukraine are occupied by Jews, in the hope of making Israel 2.0 out of Crimea and Ukraine.

posted on Mar, 12 2024 @ 12:57 PM
link   

Do you have something against Jews, then?

posted on Mar, 12 2024 @ 12:58 PM
link   

So what's wrong with positions being occupied by "Jews"?

Why should the religion a person happens to subscribe dictate the positions they can hold?

edit on 12-3-2024 by andy06shake because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 12 2024 @ 01:03 PM
link   

I found Navalny's funeral service moving, even though Putin didn't want anyone to see it. Did you?

posted on Mar, 12 2024 @ 01:05 PM
link   

I found Navalny's funeral service moving, even though Putin didn't want anyone to see it. Did you?

Did Putin tell you this personally?

posted on Mar, 12 2024 @ 01:07 PM
link   

originally posted by: RussianTroll
First of all, they were subjected to a century of expansion of Judaism. And now all political positions, including the presidency, in Ukraine are occupied by Jews, in the hope of making Israel 2.0 out of Crimea and Ukraine.

Your antisemitism is showing again.

The President of Ukraine was born and raised in Ukraine and is of the Jewish religion. SO WHAT? And no, not 'ALL' political positions are occupied by Jews. Even if they were, it would be irrelevant.

85% of Ukraine is Christian. Easily googled. They have what you called "common values of freedom, conservatism and faith in God" ... and yet they were invaded and slaughtered and cities were leveled by their 'brother' Russians anyways.

posted on Mar, 12 2024 @ 01:09 PM
link   

There were posters on the door of the church banning all photography and mobile signals were attempted to be jammed?

Also, folk laying flowers were arrested.

No, Putin didn't tell me anything. I have eyes that can see.

But you haven't addressed any of my points?

posted on Mar, 12 2024 @ 01:10 PM
link   

Do you have something against Jews, then?

It is the Jews who have something against the Russians.

posted on Mar, 12 2024 @ 01:12 PM
link   

There were posters on the door of the church banning all photography and mobile signals were attempted to be jammed?

Also, folk laying flowers were arrested.

No, Putin didn't tell me anything. I have eyes that can see.

But you haven't addressed any of my points?

On any Temple in Russia, like mosques and synagogues, there are signs prohibiting photography and video shooting.
They always hang.
It's their right.

posted on Mar, 12 2024 @ 01:13 PM
link   
a reply to: FlyersFan
First, calm down your Russophobia before blaming other people for something.

new topics

top topics

<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join