It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

FDNY Is Hunting Down Firefighters Who Booed Letitia James to be RE-Educated

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 10 2024 @ 01:58 PM
link   
I put forward James is nothing more than a headline chaser. Leaving Trump out of her resume let's look at what she has actually done. Lack of felony prosecutions in her jurisdiction. Her newest headline to chase, suing beef manufacturers? link Overreach!! Seems more like she is hunting for money for the state. Not prosecuting criminals, but reaching into as many pots as she can for money. This is the reason why she was booed, it's not just about Trump as some of you believe. It's about a lack of priorities in the Da's office and their clout chasing. It's got all of you left leaning folks hanging on to her like she matters.

posted on Mar, 10 2024 @ 02:11 PM
link   

originally posted by: hangedman13
I put forward James is nothing more than a headline chaser.

This really has nothing to do with James.

This is about the behavior of NY firemen at a NYFD event.

posted on Mar, 10 2024 @ 02:17 PM
link   

originally posted by: dragonridr
a reply to: Annee

A government official that uses their position to attack a private citizen is illegal. Since she specifically stated she would use her office before taking it to attack Trump she indeed committed an illegal act.

Trump is a conman who willfully and knowingly committed fraud.

Facts don't lie.

But this is not about Trump or James.

It is about the behavior of NY firefighters' behavior at a NYFD event.

posted on Mar, 10 2024 @ 02:18 PM
link   

originally posted by: Annee
It was a NYFD event. Not some street corner protest.

Doesn't matter.
Leave the firemen alone.
They weren't in uniform.
They have a right to their opinion.

posted on Mar, 10 2024 @ 02:20 PM
link   

originally posted by: FlyersFan

It was a NYFD event. Not some street corner protest.

Doesn't matter.
Leave the firemen alone.
They weren't in uniform.

Do they?

It was a NYFD event.

Not the place for them to act like spoiled brats.

posted on Mar, 10 2024 @ 02:22 PM
link   

Do they?

Yes.

It was a NYFD event.

So?

You just don't like it because their opinion is different from yours. If Trump was taking the microphone, and a group of them boo'd, you'd be singing a different tune. Applauding it I'm sure.

posted on Mar, 10 2024 @ 02:24 PM
link   

Do they?

Yes.

It was a NYFD event.

So?

You just don't like it because their opinion is different from yours. If Trump was taking the microphone, and a group of them boo'd, you'd be singing a different tune. Applauding it I'm sure.

It doesn't matter that it was an even for the NYFD?

I don't think their superiors agree with you.

posted on Mar, 10 2024 @ 02:35 PM
link   

No.

They have their political games to play.

It's Letitia James own fault for going in front of an audience that can be expected to heavily favor Trump. Going in front of them for basically a campaign event for herself. Firefighters, cops, first responders, border patrol ... all heavily favor Trump over Biden. She was in front of them politically promoting herself after she screwed over their favored choice. She's gunna' get boo'd and it's her own fault.

I'd say the same if Trump went in front of a group that heavily favored Biden and he got boo'd. Let's say a hospital with a trans clinic for children .. and Trump put himself in front of them politically promoting himself. I'd say it was their right to boo him if they wanted and it would be his own fault for not anticipating the feelings of the audience.

posted on Mar, 10 2024 @ 02:56 PM
link   

No.

They have their political games to play.

It's Letitia James own fault for going in front of an audience that can be expected to heavily favor Trump. Going in front of them for basically a campaign event for herself. Firefighters, cops, first responders, border patrol ... all heavily favor Trump over Biden. She was in front of them politically promoting herself after she screwed over their favored choice. She's gunna' get boo'd and it's her own fault.

I'd say the same if Trump went in front of a group that heavily favored Biden and he got boo'd. Let's say a hospital with a trans clinic for children .. and Trump put himself in front of them politically promoting himself. I'd say it was their right to boo him if they wanted and it would be his own fault for not anticipating the feelings of the audience.

This is not about James.

This is about the behavior of firemen from the NYFD. At a NYFD event.

Personally, I think it's childish and spoiled brat behavior not to let a speaker speak. Any speaker.

You are denying that speaker their 1st amendment rights.

You got issues with it -- express yourself after they express their rights.

posted on Mar, 10 2024 @ 03:12 PM
link   

Really? Why doesn't Leticia's behavior count?

If Klan members or pedophile supporters gave a speech, should people be barred from booing them too?

Her behavior was directly insulting to many people - yes, I know YOU don't think it was but from many it truly was.

BTW Annee, I didn't see one post from you against the people that attack and held Riley Gaines hostage for giving a speech - not one.

Are those people spoiled brats who should be hunted down - or was it ok because YOU didn't like the speaker?

posted on Mar, 10 2024 @ 03:14 PM
link   
a reply to: Annee

Actually it may be ALL ABOUT James. 😃

posted on Mar, 10 2024 @ 03:16 PM
link   
a reply to: FlyersFan

It was wrong for this clergy member to invite Leticia to this public event.

Do you think the fire fighters would want to turn to this person in case of trauma?

Someone who would select such a polarizing figure has poor judgment.

If a member of the clergy is part of the fire department, they should go out of their way to make everyone feel welcomed to the services and avoid such polarizing figures. I would feel the same if a far right clergy member invited far right anti-abortionist politicians to speak.

She is acting as a counselor and counselors should avoid such displays to their clients.

posted on Mar, 10 2024 @ 03:17 PM
link   

originally posted by: Daughter2v2

Did she behave badly at the NYFD event?

Was she rude and insulting to the audience?

Have you even checked to see what this event was for?

See if you can stick to the event.

posted on Mar, 10 2024 @ 03:19 PM
link   

You are denying that speaker their 1st amendment rights.

No. You are denying the firefighters theirs.

This is NEW YORK CITY and it was a Trump friendly audience. A woman who just screwed their favored guy put herself in front of them for her own political gain. She was an idiot for doing so. She should have known better.

A reminder from the recent past - NYPD funeral. Official event. Officers in uniform. HUNDREDS of them turned their back when Mayor Deblasio went to the funeral for political reasons. The Hill - Hundreds of NYPD Cops Turn Backs to Deblasio in Protest at Funeral

The firefighter supervisors should have known better than to force the firefighters to have to endure Letitia James and her political posturing. And Letitia James should have known better than to attempt to do so.

posted on Mar, 10 2024 @ 03:20 PM
link   

originally posted by: hangedman13
I put forward James is nothing more than a headline chaser.

Hi Annee - Not to quibble or pick nits but it's FDNY not NYFD.

I wouldn't have responded except you used that acronym incorrectly 3x here.

edit on 3/10/2024 by SchrodingersRat because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 10 2024 @ 03:21 PM
link   

Doesn't matter. Her behavior prior to the event, and the fact that the event was ALL ABOUT HER POLITICALLY, brought down the boos upon herself. She shouldn't have been put in front of the audience and she should have known better than to go. And shame on those in the fire dept who forced the firefighters to have to endure listening to her. It was just a political hack job.

posted on Mar, 10 2024 @ 03:23 PM
link   

originally posted by: Daughter2v2

Have you even checked to see what this event was for?

Her presence alone checks all the boxes. 😀

She is very repulsive when seen without ample warnings. 😃

posted on Mar, 10 2024 @ 03:23 PM
link   

This is not about James.

Yeah .. it is. It's all about her behavior prior to the event, and the fact that she was promoting herself politically to a group that doesn't want her so they exercise their right to free speech and complain. It's her own fault.

posted on Mar, 10 2024 @ 03:30 PM
link   

[

Why? Why doesn't behavior BEFORE the event count?

Answer this question too.

Are you willing to admit, the anti-trans protestors were wrong and should be hunted down?

And how do you think Trump supporters in the FDNY would feel about receiving counseling from someone who made it very public that she is besties with a person who wants to get Trump supporters?

edit on 10-3-2024 by Daughter2v2 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 10 2024 @ 03:34 PM
link   

This is not about James.

Yeah .. it is. It's all about her behavior prior to the event, and the fact that she was promoting herself politically to a group that doesn't want her so they exercise their right to free speech and complain. It's her own fault.

What is political and has to do with James for this event -- other than she was an invited speaker?

FDNY Holds Fire Officers Promotion Ceremony
February 6, 2023

Fire Commissioner Laura Kavanagh will preside at the promotion ceremony of Assistant Chiefs, Deputy Assistant Chiefs, Deputy Chiefs, Battalion Chiefs, Captains, and Lieutenants on Tuesday, February 7 at 10 a.m. at the Christian Cultural Center, 12020 Flatlands Avenue, Brooklyn. The ceremony can be viewed live on the Department’s website, www.nyc.gov/FDNY.

“Strong leadership in the FDNY is critical to the safety of our members, and this city. There is no greater responsibility than becoming a leader, overseeing the safety of our members, and carrying out the lifesaving mission of our agency. The bar is high: our new leaders have displayed the tenacity and skill to get to their new positions. They will be role models for our members, as well as set an example of professionalism and respect that Fire Departments around the world seek to mirror. We are proud of these newly promoted officers and know they will lead our Department into an ever-challenging future,” said Fire Commissioner Laura Kavanagh.

The new Fire Officers will be assigned to firehouses throughout the city.

WHO: Fire Commissioner Laura Kavanagh; other FDNY officials and their families.

WHERE: The Christian Cultural Center; 12020 Flatlands Avenue, Brooklyn

WHEN: Tuesday, February 7 – 10 a.m.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join