It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

New York to Deploy National Guard to NYC Subways to Fight Crime

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 6 2024 @ 11:51 AM
link   
OO_oops looks like New York City Subway transit is so dangerous, the New York Governor is calling in The National Guard !!

It's a combined effort with Police agencies.

Maybe 750 NG going in !!

Not sure if The Soldiers will be combat ready or will carry loaded weapons or will have "shoot" if threatened orders!!

The charge of the light brigade! ⚔️

Like they say, success always breeds contempt. 😃

New York to Deploy National Guard to NYC Subways to Fight Crime

New York Governor Kathy Hochul is deploying 750 National Guard officers into New York City’s subway system after a rash of violent incidents has reignited fresh concerns about safety on the biggest US transit network.

Hochul will send a combined 1,000 safety officers to the subways: the 750 National Guard officers along with 250 personnel from state and Metropolitan Transportation Authority transit police forces, the governor announced Wednesday. The officers will conduct random bag checks on passengers and plans are underway to install more safety cameras, she said.

She will also direct an additional $20 million to increase mental health teams working on the subways to help direct those suffering from mental health issues out of the system and into facilities.

⚔️

posted on Mar, 6 2024 @ 11:54 AM
link   
a reply to: xuenchen

"Sweep the tunnel with the sixty!"

Yeah, that will work out well.

Cheers

posted on Mar, 6 2024 @ 11:55 AM
link   

I was just told the other day that the subway was safe, and crime was low. That must not have been the case. Does this have potential to end badly? (kidding, what could possibly go wrong)

posted on Mar, 6 2024 @ 12:01 PM
link   

What do these people think happens when you let the inmates run the prison?

I think using the NG should be excluded/ Make those NY democrats fix the problems they created.

+4 more 
posted on Mar, 6 2024 @ 12:09 PM
link   
Um...
What good does it do to have them there, if you don't charge people with a crime?

Like the nasty chick that hit the musician with a bottle.
What did she get, after being arrested?

That's right.
NOTHING. Let off.
And she has a criminal record.

posted on Mar, 6 2024 @ 12:11 PM
link   
a reply to: chiefsmom

game, set, match.

posted on Mar, 6 2024 @ 12:12 PM
link   
a reply to: network dude

Some faded memory called "Kent State" ...

Cheers

posted on Mar, 6 2024 @ 12:27 PM
link   

But I thought everything was hunky dorey, and we were racists for even suggesting there was a problem?

Weird

Combined with Portland re-criminalizing sidewalk drug dens, it kinda looks like people are catching on the fact that democrat policies are destructive to civilization.

posted on Mar, 6 2024 @ 12:40 PM
link   
Defund the police, let in thousands of illegal immigrants and then cry foul.

I'm guessing NY won't have to pay the NG troops so they can balance their budget. How long before the military takes total control of law and order?

All NG troops should be sent to the border first; once that's secure they can start rounding them up.

posted on Mar, 6 2024 @ 01:06 PM
link   
As a NYer who rides the subway every single day, I can tell you with confidence that this is all political posturing that will have no tangible results.

"1000 safety officers on the subways"

Ok. Theres 472 subway stations in NYC. Many of them are vast and multi-leveled. When our joke of a mayor Adams emphatically stated he's drastically increasing the amouny of NYPD officers patrolling the subways, the result were a few cops leaning up against the walls playing with their phones. They were only there during rush hour ( when the least amount of violence and crime happens ) and nowhere to be found at 11pm through the wee hours of the morning when the crackheads get really fiesty.

"Install more safety cameras"

Another joke. There's tons of safety cameras already in the subways but an audit last year showed that over 50% of these cameras were broken.

She will also direct an additional $20 million to increase mental health teams working on the subways to help direct those suffering from mental health issues out of the system and into facilities.

Imagine a 22 year old social worker from NJ approaching a crackhead covered in urine, shoeless, drunk, and spitting at her. I'm sure they're gonna convince this guy to go to a facility 👌🏼

posted on Mar, 6 2024 @ 01:08 PM
link   
If they hadn't declared themselves a 'sanctuary city' and invited all the illegals and the crime, and if they hadn't put soft-on-crime judges in positions of power, their situation wouldn't be as bad as it is right now.

posted on Mar, 6 2024 @ 01:09 PM
link   

originally posted by: watchitburn
people are catching on the fact that democrat policies are destructive to civilization.

Yeah, but the big question is ... is it realization that comes to late because it's all too far gone???

posted on Mar, 6 2024 @ 01:10 PM
link   
a reply to: AgarthaSeed

Good info from a "First Hander" 👍

And wasn't Adams a Transit Cop ? Irony never ceases 😀

posted on Mar, 6 2024 @ 01:14 PM
link   

I seem to remember something about military not being allowed to just walk in and start doing police work. Like against the law.

posted on Mar, 6 2024 @ 01:34 PM
link   

originally posted by: F2d5thCavv2
a reply to: network dude

Some faded memory called "Kent State" ...

Cheers

I'm old enough to remember the Guardian Angels.

en.m.wikipedia.org...

posted on Mar, 6 2024 @ 01:40 PM
link   

Or. . . or. . . here's a novel idea, just place those that commit crimes in JAIL!

posted on Mar, 6 2024 @ 01:42 PM
link   
Glad they're spending all their time and resources on Trump.

I see it's working well.

posted on Mar, 6 2024 @ 01:51 PM
link   
This is the first step in federalizing all police departments.

posted on Mar, 6 2024 @ 02:05 PM
link   
a reply to: AgarthaSeed

Good insider info. Thanks! I bet NY National Guard only have Tazers.

posted on Mar, 6 2024 @ 02:14 PM
link   
a reply to: chiefsmom
Most will never appreciate your wise comment. You hit the nail on the head.

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join