It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Alabama court rules frozen embryos are children, chilling IVF advocates

page: 8
<< 5  6  7   >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 26 2024 @ 06:04 PM
link   
a reply to: Another_Nut

I've actually met groups locally in my region that believe if you have a period you are violating God's Will and you must be constantly pregnant if you are of child bearing age.

Your experience may vary, but I'm aware the eggs we get in the supermarket are unfertilized, but I also am aware that those eggs that are fertilized get reprocessed, and that male chicks are usually ground up in favor of preserving the female chicks for breeding purposes on some large scale industrial farms.

Anyway, my comment was made in jest and I guess you took me seriously.

Sorry I did not clarify I was kidding around.

edit on 2/26/24 by GENERAL EYES because: formatting

posted on Feb, 26 2024 @ 07:33 PM
link   
a reply to: GENERAL EYES

hey ive seen people, some who have posted in this very thread, say that and believe it.. because they have no clue about biology works ( and other arguments they make doubly so)

and i really dont care about any specific religion . one thing many in the u.s. and western nations in general forget is that, for most of the world, we were created by a greater being and even i, as a non religious person, cant help but wonder when i look out into that big universe...and see no other life.

and yes i know all the arguments but , for now, our universe seems very empty.

posted on Feb, 26 2024 @ 10:13 PM
link   

originally posted by: Another_Nut

and yes i know all the arguments but , for now, our universe seems very empty.

Perhaps that is a good thing.

posted on Feb, 27 2024 @ 08:04 AM
link   
Explosive detonated outside Alabama attorney general's office on Saturday

“The Alabama Law Enforcement Agency’s State Bureau of Investigation was notified of the suspicious package at 8:19 a.m. local time Monday. It was determined that the suspicious package was an explosive device that was detonated in the early morning hours on Saturday, according to the ALEA.

While a motive has not been released, the incident came one day after Marshall said he won’t prosecute in vitro fertilization providers or families in the wake of a state Supreme Court ruling that embryos should be considered children.”
abcnews.go.com...

Jane’s revenge, is this you?

posted on Feb, 27 2024 @ 08:58 AM
link   
a reply to: Vermilion

Blmey; just when thought the situation couldn't get any more extremist/crazier.

What does the 'Jane's revege' comment refer too? I'm not from the US and struggling to work out if they're an evangelical/anti-abortion terror group or possibly some allusion to 'Jane Doe'.

posted on Feb, 27 2024 @ 09:03 AM
link   

originally posted by: bastion

Blmey; just when thought the situation couldn't get any more extremist/crazier.

What does the 'Jane's revege' comment refer too? I'm not from the US and struggling to work out if they're an evangelical/anti-abortion terror group or possibly some allusion to 'Jane Doe'.

Glad you asked.

Just how meaningful is Jane’s Revenge? It has now taken credit for incidents of vandalism and property destruction in 16 cities throughout the U.S., among them the firebombings of a pro-life medical office in Buffalo, New York, and the offices of a Christian-fundamentalist lobbying group in Madison, Wisconsin.
www.theatlantic.com...

posted on Feb, 27 2024 @ 09:16 AM
link   

Cheers for the info, hadn't heard of them before.

I'm inclined to think such a group would be more likely to bomb/target the supremecourt or more specifically the judge who cited scripture as this guy seems to be disagreeing with their ruling and saying no one will be prosecuted under the ruling but such terror groups don''t act logically so they could well be responsible.

edit on 27-2-2024 by bastion because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 27 2024 @ 09:33 AM
link   

I'm inclined to think such a group would be more likely to bomb/target the supremecourt or more specifically the judge who cited scripture as this guy seems to be disagreeing with their ruling and saying no one will be prosecuted under the ruling but such terror groups don''t act logically so they could well be responsible.

You’re inclined are you?
From your post it seems it’s wishfully thinking on your part.

posted on Feb, 27 2024 @ 09:40 AM
link   
Ivf is a wonderful technology that gives life to children that would of never been born.

I'm glad the catholics don't participate. Best to keep that lot away from kids.

posted on Feb, 27 2024 @ 11:27 AM
link   

originally posted by: Vermilion

You’re inclined are you?

I'm on the fence and just brainstorming ideas and making plenty of assumptions - I don't hold any weight behnd my 'hypothesis' as there's too many unknowns but still think they''re interesting to discuss.

I can certainly see why you think Janes revenge could be behind it as terrorism is their M.O (apparently they have a blog claiming attacks on an alt-left blog but I can't find the actual blog) but it could also be completely unrelated to his announcement he wouldn't prosecute anyone involved in IVF.

Has their any announcement on the complexity of the explosive device? It was found less than 24 hours after his ruling on IVF which seems a very tight time frame to build and place any type of complex bomb is the motive was related to his ruling.

posted on Feb, 27 2024 @ 11:48 AM
link   

originally posted by: Vermilion

You’re inclined are you?

I'm on the fence and just brainstorming ideas and making plenty of assumptions - I don't hold any weight behnd my 'hypothesis' as there's too many unknowns but still think they''re interesting to discuss.

I can certainly see why you think Janes revenge could be behind it as terrorism is their M.O (apparently they have a blog claiming attacks on an alt-left blog but I can't find the actual blog) but it could also be completely unrelated to his announcement he wouldn't prosecute anyone involved in IVF.

Has their any announcement on the complexity of the explosive device? It was found less than 24 hours after his ruling on IVF which seems a very tight time frame to build and place any type of complex bomb is the motive was related to his ruling.

Fair enough.

“The attack on Wisconsin Family Action’s office occurred on May 8, 2022, just six days after a leaked Supreme Court decision foretold the ruling in Dobbs v. Jackson Women’s Health Organization, which overturned Roe v. Wade. Vandals threw two Molotov cocktails made with Mason jars through a window of the offices of Wisconsin Family Action. The Molotovs created a small fire, causing significant damage to the facade and the interior of one of the offices.”
unicornriot.ninja...

Jane’s Revenge firebombing here in this article shows only 6 days between the Dobbs leak and the actual firebombing.
Those terrorists seem to take action quickly.

posted on Feb, 27 2024 @ 12:37 PM
link   

And that is the kind of thought that allows deluded fools to kill people under the guise of "reproductive rights"
edit on pm220242912America/ChicagoTue, 27 Feb 2024 12:40:08 -0600_2000000 by Another_Nut because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 27 2024 @ 12:37 PM
link   
Double
edit on pm220242912America/ChicagoTue, 27 Feb 2024 12:39:51 -0600_2000000 by Another_Nut because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 28 2024 @ 07:57 AM
link   

And that is the kind of thought that allows deluded fools to kill people under the guise of "reproductive rights"

I'm not sure what you mean, could you please clarify?

posted on Feb, 28 2024 @ 09:42 AM
link   

Maybe i misunderstood...

Why would you think an empty universe would, perhaps, be a

good thing

?

posted on Feb, 28 2024 @ 11:39 AM
link   

Cheers for the info - have read quite a few articles and info about them and the more I read the more I'm agreeing they're the culprits behind the attempted bombing/assasination/terror attack. They certainly seem the type of organised terror group who would have a few explosives lying around ready to use.

Thankfully no one harmed and from reports there was a controlled detonation of the device which seems to indicate it was some form of bomb rather than a grenade or 'tanerite' (may have the name wrong but it's a legal material in the US that comes in transluscent/opaque blocks that explode when impacted).

posted on Feb, 28 2024 @ 03:43 PM
link   

Maybe i misunderstood...

Why would you think an empty universe would, perhaps, be a

good thing

?

I've seen things you people wouldn't believe.

Not every form of life is friendly.

top topics

<< 5  6  7   >>

join