It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Trump means what he says, unless you don't like what he says

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 19 2024 @ 07:49 AM
link   
www.foxnews.com...

Former Democratic presidential candidate Hillary Clinton warned this weekend that former President Trump will try to withdraw the U.S. from NATO if he wins re-election in November.

Clinton made the claim during remarks at the Munich Security Conference in Germany, telling U.S. allies that they should take Trump's claims to heart after the former president warned NATO countries to contribute their fair share.

"We have a long struggle ahead of us, and the obvious point to make about Donald Trump is take him literally and seriously," she said. "He means what he says. People did not take him literally and seriously in 2016. Now he is telling us what he intends to do, and people who try to wish it away, brush it away, are living in an alternative reality."

Trump says things he means. You MUST take him at his word. but....

Trump believes he must save our country not only because he loves our country, but he also loves the people to whom this nation belongs. Trump selflessly chooses to fight for America and says it is his greatest honor to do so because our nation is headed in a direction where we will lose everything.

www.readingeagle.com...

he doesn't mean it at all when he claims he loves America. Or does he?

The amazing pretzel logic that is used to facilitate the TDS displayed by the haters is ironic and amusing. What did Trump do last time he had the chance to leave NATO? I seem to remember him making comments on the countries who weren't putting enough of their GDP into their security, and that seems to have aged well.

"The criticism is right, if you take away the rhetoric," Estonian Foreign Minister Margus Tsahkna told Newsweek on the sidelines of the Munich Security Conference in southern Germany on Friday.

www.newsweek.com...

posted on Feb, 19 2024 @ 08:08 AM
link   
a reply to: network dude

If Killary and the dementiacrats were honest, they are more worried that he will pull the U.S. out of their money laundering schemes like he did last time. The Paris agreement, zero tariffs on China, and other wasteful spending the dems AND the uni-party are involved in.

posted on Feb, 19 2024 @ 08:24 AM
link   

originally posted by: Klassified

If Killary and the dementiacrats were honest, they are more worried that he will pull the U.S. out of their money laundering schemes like he did last time. The Paris agreement, zero tariffs on China, and other wasteful spending the dems AND the uni-party are involved in.

I think they are scared to death he won't fail.

posted on Feb, 19 2024 @ 08:26 AM
link   

Dims philosophy since 2016..

If Trump is speaking he's lying.

posted on Feb, 19 2024 @ 08:32 AM
link   
a reply to: WeMustCare

unless he says something like he would be a dictator on Day 1. Then he was totally serial.

posted on Feb, 19 2024 @ 09:02 AM
link   

Seriously, I don't think he will leave NATO. He might marginalize and weaken it though by withdrawing American soldiers from Europe, for example. Or by ostentatiously sucking up to Putin. Or by stopping all aid for Ukraine.

At the same time I predict he will ultimately infuriate the Chinese and the war over Taiwan will start. Russia will jump at the chance and, using American involvement in the war with China, will attack Baltic countries. And Kim will attack South Korea.

That way we will have a global war which Trump vows to avoid.

Of course, my predictions can turn out to be wrong but I won't be voting in your elections so it doesn't really matter if I succeed or fail in my role as Cassandra.

posted on Feb, 19 2024 @ 09:17 AM
link   

originally posted by: network dude

Or afraid they won't be able to interfere enough to make him fail.

posted on Feb, 19 2024 @ 09:32 AM
link   
It appears that when Trump speaks people listen.

www.axios.com...

Feb 14th 2024 "NATO chief says record number of U.S. allies will hit spending target"

I don't think Trump will leave NATO. For all it's failures and missteps it is still the best bet for keeping our soldiers from direct boots on the ground conflicts in far away places.
edit on 09/12/2017 by montybd because: On topic

posted on Feb, 19 2024 @ 10:05 AM
link   

What Clinton means is, take MSNBC talking heads literally and seriously when they quote Trump out of context and re-frame his remarks using classic Marxist propaganda tactics. But naturally they have to project that behavior on him, because classic Marxist propaganda tactics.

*wanders around stage in a confused daze until secret service yanks me behind a curtain*

It's only crippling dementia when Trump does it for comedic purposes.

edit on 19-2-2024 by TzarChasm because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 19 2024 @ 10:07 AM
link   

originally posted by: network dude

Or afraid they won't be able to interfere enough to make him fail.

The deep state has its tentacles so entrenched in every bureau it’s sick and seemingly beyond repair.
The people voting against Trump must really think the deep state having so much power is a good thing. Truly delusional. They are gripped with fear.
Trump’s the only one who can remedy it.
They are already setting traps for when he’s elected.
There’s going to be a reckoning.

posted on Feb, 19 2024 @ 11:45 AM
link   

For a day. Shut down the border and drill drill drill.
Day two, and going forward, not a dictator.

posted on Feb, 19 2024 @ 11:46 AM
link   
Another Democrat PR BS story.

Trump will do what he did before.

Make the NATO Countries PAY THEIR FAIR SHARE ! 😀

posted on Feb, 19 2024 @ 11:47 AM
link   

originally posted by: WeMustCare

Unfortunately he does this to himself. I'm someone who STRONGLY believes in science and facts. A large amount of what Trump says is actually a lie. I wouldn't be stupid enough to say all, but a good chunk.

posted on Feb, 19 2024 @ 11:52 AM
link   

originally posted by: VoiceofReality

originally posted by: WeMustCare

Unfortunately he does this to himself. I'm someone who STRONGLY believes in science and facts. A large amount of what Trump says is actually a lie. I wouldn't be stupid enough to say all, but a good chunk.

so how to you tell the lies? Is it all the things he says that can be used against him are true, and all the things like him calling himself a patriot, is a lie?

posted on Feb, 19 2024 @ 12:07 PM
link   

He said the other day (8/2/24) outside Mar a Lago, that there was an insurrection on Jan6th cause by Nancy, interesting

Trump Bizarrely Claims Jan. 6 Riot Was Caused by Nancy Pelosi

“I heard, and I watched, and the one thing I’ll say is they kept saying about what I said right after the insurrection, which I think was an insurrection caused by Nancy Pelosi,”

So there was an insurrection its just who caused it, i suppose thats progress then as now both sides believe there was an insurrection but as usual with ALL useless politicians they just point the finger at each other

posted on Feb, 19 2024 @ 12:12 PM
link   

Let me see if I understand this. Those of us who don't like Trump thank that sometimes he tells the truth and sometimes he lies, and you think that is some profound revelation that illustrates "pretzel logic"?

Speaking of logic, there are only 3 distinct logical possibilities when it comes to assessing someone else's truthfulness. You could think that they ALWAYS tell the truth, NEVER tell the truth, or SOMETIMES tell the truth and sometimes do not tell the truth. All the Psychological research on lying shows that that third category is the real one. Nobody makes it through life without telling some lies, and nobody makes it through life telling only lies. The major difference between people is their ratio of truth to lies, over time.

This means that it is always reasonable to keep in mind someone's truth-to-lie ratio when they make a statement. In Trump's case, he has been in the public eye constantly for a little more than 10 years, so we have a pretty good data base on which to estimate his truth-to-lie ratio. You can make your own estimate on what that ratio is. Your estimate would probably be different than mine, but probably neither of us would claim that Trump never lies or never tells the truth.

posted on Feb, 20 2024 @ 05:23 AM
link   
a reply to: Boomer1947

Oh Boomer, you make me smile. It's a pretty simple concept. The irony noted in the OP isn't that Trump both lies and tells the truth, but that the MSM portrays anything he says that sounds negative as absolute Truth, and he meant it just like he said it, but if he says something that makes him look good, it's a total lie. The slow kids get this, try to keep up.

posted on Feb, 20 2024 @ 08:11 AM
link   

I think the biggest problem is the fanatical praise for a guy that is so obviously full of BS most times he talks.

I'm not sure I would even say he's mostly lying, I think he's always negotiating.

But if you want to defend Trump the best example is his preference to negotiation than conflict. That "rocketman" tweet was probably the most important tweet ever and may have saved countless lives.

But saying he isn't mostly full o sh*te is only going to confuse those who are only spoonfed his countless errors.

Why can't Trump supporters accept he's a lying, egomaniac, horndog who only cares about himself and his legacy?

It's preferable to a prez who can be blackmailed by Burisma.

posted on Feb, 20 2024 @ 08:17 AM
link   

originally posted by: MauriceFaux

I think the biggest problem is the fanatical praise for a guy that is so obviously full of BS most times he talks.

I'm not sure I would even say he's mostly lying, I think he's always negotiating.

But if you want to defend Trump the best example is his preference to negotiation than conflict. That "rocketman" tweet was probably the most important tweet ever and may have saved countless lives.

But saying he isn't mostly full o sh*te is only going to confuse those who are only spoonfed his countless errors.

Why can't Trump supporters accept he's a lying, egomaniac, horndog who only cares about himself and his legacy?

It's preferable to a prez who can be blackmailed by Burisma.

why can't Trump haters listen to those they claim to hate? It's not hard. Read a few words, process their meaning, and with time and repetition, you may find understanding. Not you per-se, but some.

Trump is all you say he is. He lies, he's egotistical, bombastic, I doubt he's the horny sex fiend he used to be, but who knows, maybe he's amazing at that too. Point is, everyone knows who and what he is. We just accept that because we like the results. Now, as a test, did I just say "Trump is my savior, and I will worship him for eternity", or did I say "exactly what the # I said"? your level of TDS will confirm the answer.

posted on Feb, 20 2024 @ 08:27 AM
link   

Most haters don't listen to who they hate. It takes all the fun out of it.

But I'm a fan of Trump, his Howard Stern interview convinced me when he was still liberal.

I think you said exactly what the # you said, however you may come across as the opposite end of TDS. Trump is good because he's an A hole. You take that away from him and he's just like everyone else.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join