It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

IC tasked 5 eyes to spy on Trump and his campaign before the 2016 election

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 16 2024 @ 05:32 AM
link   
thefederalist.com...

The U.S. Intelligence Community asked fellow members of the “‘Five Eyes’ intelligence alliance to surveil Trump’s associates and share the intelligence they acquired with US agencies,” sources told a small team of independent reporters who broke the story yesterday.

In “CIA Had Foreign Allies Spy on Trump Team, Triggering Russia Collusion Hoax, Sources Say,” journalists Michael Shellenberger, Matt Taibbi, and Alex Gutentag reported that top-line takeaway, along with several other key details. According to the authors, “multiple credible sources,” said that “the United States Intelligence Community (IC), including the Central Intelligence Agency (CIA), illegally mobilized foreign intelligence agencies to target Trump advisors long before the summer of 2016.”

I remember it like it was yesterday....

with so many of those "crazy" claims being proven correct, it makes you wonder about some of the other things that Trump claimed. But this is about his claims of being spied on. Sadly you can't go back to the Mud Pit and read all the facts assembled there about all this as it happened. But that isn't really as important as the facts emerging now.

So now comes the big question, because this was Trump, does that make it OK for the US to spy on him using a world wide spy network? I mean, BAMN right? He's orange, orange, so that alone should justify a good bit of this. So please offer your opinions is spying on Trump was kosher.

posted on Feb, 16 2024 @ 05:42 AM
link   
a reply to: network dude

I'll wait till it's from a verified source.
But IMHO obviously Trump was spied on as any top presidential candidate would be.
Now did they take it to a new level as what is claimed? I don't know buy I wouldn't put it past out government to do so.

posted on Feb, 16 2024 @ 05:48 AM
link   
a reply to: Allaroundya4k

and when you like the source, will it be OK to spy on an American citizen for political reasons with the worlds spy group?

posted on Feb, 16 2024 @ 05:52 AM
link   

My opinion on the matter isn't going to stop it.
I'm done shaking my fist at the air over what 3 letter agencies do or do not do. The moment they have a direct impact on me then I will shake my fist again.
But I'm pretty sure you know my answer and I will wait for verified sources. Not unverified sourced that are being used in your provided link.

posted on Feb, 16 2024 @ 06:09 AM
link   
www.grassley.senate.gov...

WASHINGTON – Newly declassified records illustrate how federal agents hijacked an August 2016 security briefing to surreptitiously gather information on Trump campaign officials. The covert use of security briefings by the agents leading the Russia probe was first uncovered by Senate Finance Committee Chairman Chuck Grassley (R-Iowa) and Homeland Security and Governmental Affairs Chairman Ron Johnson (R-Wis.) last year.

posted on Feb, 16 2024 @ 06:12 AM
link   
thehill.com...

It is astonishing that the media refuses to see what is one of the biggest stories in decades. The Obama administration targeted the campaign of the opposing party based on false evidence. The media covered Obama administration officials ridiculing the suggestions of spying on the Trump campaign and of improper conduct with the Russia investigation. When Attorney General William Barr told the Senate last year that he believed spying did occur, he was lambasted in the media, including by James Comey and others involved in that investigation. The mocking “wow” response of the fired FBI director received extensive coverage.

posted on Feb, 16 2024 @ 06:12 AM
link   
BAMN

posted on Feb, 16 2024 @ 07:46 AM
link   

The whole IC needs a thorough house cleaning, new leadership, and a reminder they work for the citizens of this country, not for the Marxist communists.

Alas, that will likely never happen, but one can dream.

posted on Feb, 16 2024 @ 09:06 AM
link   
This story is especially funny given it was only a few days ago the leftists on the board were losing their minds that Trump would betray one of our "allies" to Russia--and a marginal ally at that, they are already closer to Russia than us anyway.

Meanwhile, here you have our CLOSEST allies betraying us. This is a betrayal of the American people. Our closest allies colluded with the Democrat party to interfere in the 2016 Presidential election.

Of course, none of our leftist members will care. They never cared about foreign interference in our elections. All that matters to them is that the interference helps the Democrat party. If it does, it's perfectly fine.

posted on Feb, 16 2024 @ 09:18 AM
link   

It's not so astonishing to me that the media refuses to see it.

They see it.

But that's not their job.

Their priority when they go to work every day is "How can I help the Democrat party today?" All other considerations, like real journalism and keeping the American people informed, are a distant secondary.

Even on rare occasions when they appear to be acting as real journalists--like last week when they were grilling Biden--that's still out of concern for the Democrat party. They're not concerned that Biden is dangerous to the country. They're concerned that he won't be able to keep the Democrats in power.
edit on 16-2-2024 by YourFaceAgain because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 16 2024 @ 09:41 AM
link   
It’s amazing to me that they can get Trump on defamation yet the whole pee dossier doesn’t qualify as defamation?
That whole thing was malicious libelous garbage and none of it ever proven.
Biggest witch hunt in the history of this country.
So many people need to pay and my money is on none of them getting what they deserve in the courts.
The politicized IC needs to be gutted.

posted on Feb, 16 2024 @ 10:01 AM
link   
The best part? With all that spying they still found nothing and continued to have to fabricate story after story.

Trump Tower was bugged. I am sure the FBI has also been in there for decades looking for criminal links to the mob.

posted on Feb, 16 2024 @ 10:05 AM
link   

Related tidbit:

Although reportedly spotted, Joseph Mifsud never re-surfaced. And whoever found his passport in Portugal took TWO YEARS to turn it into the police.

That was a weird subtopic of the last election.

Cheers

posted on Feb, 16 2024 @ 10:07 AM
link   
Who was missing an eye?

posted on Feb, 16 2024 @ 10:28 AM
link   

originally posted by: Vermilion

So many people need to pay and my money is on none of them getting what they deserve in the courts.
The politicized IC needs to be gutted.

Powerful Democrats don't pay. And that's what the IC is. The IC is an arm of the Democrat party. Not a one of them will see a day in court over their illegal attempts to interfere in the election.

posted on Feb, 16 2024 @ 10:36 AM
link   

This first attempt to stop Trump was Hillary Clinton's brainchild.

Barack Obama put the counterintelligence order in effect. Only a US president can authorize such an order.

All spelled out in court documents from special counsel investigations.. which are referenced in other ATS threads.

posted on Feb, 16 2024 @ 10:48 AM
link   

originally posted by: network dude
BAMN

President Trump filed a defamation suit over that pee dossier paid for by Hillary Clinton... Authored by Christopher Steele, and how it damaged his reputation and took time out of his busy duties as president.

Two weeks ago, The judge threw out the case, saying it was all in fun, there was no harm done.

Seriously...I am volunteering to be on the firing squad brigade Donald Trumps 2025 d o j is implementing for executing US traitors.

posted on Feb, 16 2024 @ 11:33 AM
link   

originally posted by: WeMustCare

Barack Obama put the counterintelligence order in effect. Only a US president can authorize such an order.

All spelled out in court documents from special counsel investigations.. which are referenced in other ATS threads.

I'm not sure what you mean when you say "counterintelligence order", and you probably don't either.

A warrant for a counterintelligence wire tapping and eavesdropping order is filed directly to the FISA Court by the FBI. The POTUS has nothing to do with it.

The counterintelligence investigation Crossfire Hurricane was started by FBI director Comey on July 31, 2016. It was a close hold program initially, limited to a handful of people in the FBI. He didn't tell Obama about it until sometime in November--after Trump had won the election, I believe.

posted on Feb, 16 2024 @ 11:41 AM
link   

originally posted by: WeMustCare

originally posted by: network dude
BAMN

President Trump filed a defamation suit over that pee dossier paid for by Hillary Clinton... Authored by Christopher Steele, and how it damaged his reputation and took time out of his busy duties as president.

Two weeks ago, The judge threw out the case, saying it was all in fun, there was no harm done.

Seriously...I am volunteering to be on the firing squad brigade Donald Trumps 2025 d o j is implementing for executing US traitors.

That's not even close to what the judge said. Are you aware that was a British court? The case was thrown out because Trump sued the wrong company in the wrong country--Orbis Business Intelligence.

"Orbis said the lawsuit should be thrown out because the report was never meant to be made public and was published by BuzzFeed without the permission of Steele or Orbis. It also said the claim was filed too late."

posted on Feb, 16 2024 @ 11:52 AM
link   
a reply to: Boomer1947

You really believe Obama had nothing to do with it? I think we all here know how FISA is acquired. If the POTUS tells the FBI to do it....they do it. That is what the poster is suggesting.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join