It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Question - What is the US Taxpayer Getting for their $113 Billion Investment in the Ukraine?

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 8 2024 @ 04:15 PM
link   
a reply to: RickyD

I didn't say that. I quoted another posters source. My point was, it's not all sent as cash.

posted on Feb, 8 2024 @ 04:17 PM
link   

originally posted by: Vermilion

originally posted by: Oldcarpy2
a reply to: Vermilion

The US is a bit bigger than the UK?

It’s telling that suddenly you have no opinion on that amount of money going over there if it was from your country. Carry on.

No.

My opinion is that the US is much bigger than the UK

Is this not obvious?

Carry on yourself.

posted on Feb, 8 2024 @ 04:17 PM
link   

originally posted by: FlyersFan

WHAT is the American tax payer getting for their $113 Billion investment in the Ukraine?

One thing we don't seem to be getting is victory.

I don't get it. Two years ago, the news (sic) media was all abuzz about Ukraine kicking Russia's butt. Russia was losing 1000s of troops daily. They were running out of tanks, planes, and even ships. Russian morale was in the gutter. They even had to pull people out of prison and put them in uniforms to continue fighting. Ukraine was always either gaining territory or on the verge of gaining territory. Russia was on the brink of a full-scale insurrection (I guess the Russian insurrectionists couldn't find enough flagpoles and fire extinguishers). The war would be over in a matter of weeks.

And yet the fighting goes on. We don't seem to hear much about Ukrainian victories or Russian losses these days. A conspiracy theorist like myself might start to think the MSM was gaslighting us.

posted on Feb, 8 2024 @ 04:28 PM
link   
a reply to: Oldcarpy2

Ok...but how much is not cash? Is it like 10% 20%...113 billion is a lot and even if 60% stays in the US that's still 45 billion going to a very corrupt country. Hell even then weapons sent over there are already popping up on the black market.

So what are we getting out of this? There would have been no invasion to begin with had we not had our hands in the color revolution in the first place...

posted on Feb, 8 2024 @ 04:29 PM
link   
a reply to: VictorVonDoom

Because the media has been lying to us so we would support all this money going god knows where...

posted on Feb, 8 2024 @ 04:32 PM
link   

If you believe Putin's justifications, maybe.

See the other posters source.

I don't know how much was cash.

My point was, not all of it, as some seem to claim.

posted on Feb, 8 2024 @ 04:39 PM
link   

I believe that the phone call was leaked and we got a look behind the curtain. Nuland got caught with her hand in the cookie jar. To deny that and call it putins justification is silly and just makes you even less credible on the subject than you already come across as...which at this point is basically none anyway.

So whats your point in saying not all of it goes over a cash...so what...a lot of it does go as cash and even then weapons sent get siphoned into the black market. Will it be worth it when some extremeist gets ahold of some of that aid and uses it to attack the west later? When some jihadist shoots down a plane with a javelin will it have been worth it to support this?
edit on 8-2-2024 by RickyD because: (no reason given)

edit on 8-2-2024 by RickyD because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 8 2024 @ 04:41 PM
link   

Javelins are anti tank weapons so there goes your own credibility, mate.

posted on Feb, 8 2024 @ 04:46 PM
link   

They are fire and forget lock on missiles...they can be shot at planes at low enough altitude...like take off...and also helicopters too. Go look it up...you are just putting your foot in your mouth even more...

posted on Feb, 8 2024 @ 04:54 PM
link   

My mistake. You are right.

My apologies.

posted on Feb, 8 2024 @ 05:00 PM
link   

Appreciate that

Its something that worried me from the get go...we are sending some pretty advanced stuff to a place with one of the largest black market arms trades in the world. Weapons money whatever we send will be embezzled and siphoned off for personal gain...and I suspect those doing so who don't get caught are probably kicking the tax back to politicians voting to send the aid in the first place. I think that's why they are so gungho on sending 100s of billions of our tax dollars over there...and being from the US which has sent more than anyone else by far...I don't seem the value for the tax payers in it.

posted on Feb, 8 2024 @ 05:13 PM
link   

Politicians are corrupt. All of them. That's a given.

posted on Feb, 8 2024 @ 05:31 PM
link   

Well on that point I can agree with you completely.

I just don't think we the people should support it or turn a blind eye to it.

posted on Feb, 8 2024 @ 05:36 PM
link   

Aaarrrgh, then we have, an accord?

posted on Feb, 8 2024 @ 05:58 PM
link   
a reply to: FlyersFan

Offloading a bunch of weapons and munitions nearing their shelf life and money going to your MIC to invest in superior armament?

Oh right, the taxpayer. Screwed
Well, as much as it sucks. Going against a near peer military instead of massively weaker opponents could help in defending the homeland and other strategic assets around the globe?

posted on Feb, 8 2024 @ 06:38 PM
link   
a reply to: VictorVonDoom

" And yet the fighting goes on. We don't seem to hear much about Ukrainian victories or Russian losses these days. A conspiracy theorist like myself might start to think the MSM was gaslighting us."

And you would be Right .

posted on Feb, 8 2024 @ 07:36 PM
link   
a reply to: FlyersFan
But I bet you fully supported every penny to Israel?

Talk about double standards...

You seem to understand Ukraine isn't part of America.
But in case you forgot.
Taiwan isn't part of America, and Israeli definitely isn't part of America. Just so you are aware.

posted on Feb, 8 2024 @ 07:48 PM
link   

originally posted by: Oldcarpy2

Politicians are corrupt. All of them. That's a given.

Says the statist.

You saying politicians are corrupt at the same time subscribing to the establishment narrative is similar to a mass murderer telling me killing someone is bad.

You don't reserve the right at this point to claim all politicians are corrupt. As you have continually shown here to side with their propaganda. You were duped with Ukraine and now with Israel.

You call people out for drinking from a poisoned well. Meanwhile drinking from that same well.

Sad...

I'm convinced this website has been compromised at this point.

posted on Feb, 9 2024 @ 12:37 AM
link   
This here shows the aid Ukraine has received by country .

Ukraine Support Tracker

By donor country GDP USA is not even near the top ....

Edit: seem like the data is not all recent in that tracker...
edit on 9-2-2024 by Kenzo because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 9 2024 @ 03:31 AM
link   

originally posted by: VictorVonDoom

originally posted by: FlyersFan

WHAT is the American tax payer getting for their $113 Billion investment in the Ukraine?

One thing we don't seem to be getting is victory.

I don't get it. Two years ago, the news (sic) media was all abuzz about Ukraine kicking Russia's butt. Russia was losing 1000s of troops daily. They were running out of tanks, planes, and even ships. Russian morale was in the gutter. They even had to pull people out of prison and put them in uniforms to continue fighting. Ukraine was always either gaining territory or on the verge of gaining territory. Russia was on the brink of a full-scale insurrection (I guess the Russian insurrectionists couldn't find enough flagpoles and fire extinguishers). The war would be over in a matter of weeks.

And yet the fighting goes on. We don't seem to hear much about Ukrainian victories or Russian losses these days. A conspiracy theorist like myself might start to think the MSM was gaslighting us.

Two years ago would be February 2022 when the overwhelming expectation, based on Crimea and Georgia, was of easy Russian victory.

Russia is much larger and richer than Ukraine, and at that point still maintained much of the military reputation of the USSR.

The invasion has been an abysmal failure for Russia, which held all the initial advantages.
edit on 9-2-2024 by BedevereTheWise because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join