It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

if aliens are ahead of us, why do they crash???

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 15 2005 @ 02:02 PM
link   
ok...

by advanced i meant: "experts in space travel"...

they are "thousands of years ahead of us" right???

they should be used to space travel...

they should also know info. about other planets before they go there...

just like we do...

posted on Apr, 15 2005 @ 03:06 PM
link   

I heard some lousy theory that it was to do with radar causeing them to crash. You would think that if they can protect themselves from cosmic and interdimensional stuff that radar would do little. I dont by it

Actually this theory is entirely plausible depending on the form of radar being used. To my understanding at the time of the roswell crash the goverment was experimenting with new types of electomagnetic wave pulse radar, oddly enough the testing was being done not far from roswell and is admitted by the goverment ( ie: project mogul ) If the type of testing involved adjusting electromagnetic waves similialry to that of emf pulses then its concievable that this type of radar would simply shut down thier propusion systems in mid air. Given we dont have knowledge of how these vehicles are powered anything is possible.

posted on Apr, 15 2005 @ 04:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by minniescar

I heard some lousy theory that it was to do with radar causeing them to crash. You would think that if they can protect themselves from cosmic and interdimensional stuff that radar would do little. I dont by it

Actually this theory is entirely plausible depending on the form of radar being used. To my understanding at the time of the roswell crash the goverment was experimenting with new types of electomagnetic wave pulse radar, oddly enough the testing was being done not far from roswell and is admitted by the goverment ( ie: project mogul ) If the type of testing involved adjusting electromagnetic waves similialry to that of emf pulses then its concievable that this type of radar would simply shut down thier propusion systems in mid air. Given we dont have knowledge of how these vehicles are powered anything is possible.

Thats interesting perhaps we can use this as some kind of defence. Anyone know if the aliens have adapted to this or can they?

posted on Apr, 15 2005 @ 04:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by CheeseKnob

Originally posted by minniescar

Thats interesting perhaps we can use this as some kind of defence. Anyone know if the aliens have adapted to this or can they?

If that's the case then they probably just weren't expecting this type of radar system to pop up since it was still in its experimental stages. They probably understood that something like that could interfere with their propulsion, they just didn't figure we had anything that could do it. If that's so, then I'm sure they figured a way around it by now.

posted on Apr, 15 2005 @ 04:55 PM
link   
Maybe they're just dumb. Its like in Scary Movie 3 where the aliens can't figure out how to open doors. Maybe the real ones are just bad pilots.

posted on Apr, 15 2005 @ 05:28 PM
link   
I wonder if the magnetic pole flip will have any effect on their spacecraft ?

posted on Apr, 15 2005 @ 06:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by sleeper
There is no proof that any alien ship ever crashed. There are billions of people on this planet and an alien ship never crashed in a city, town, or even a field around people. UFOs have been seen mostly in large cities, after all these years you would think at least one would have fallen out of the sky.

Sleeper, have you checked out Gazrok's nice piece of research??

The Case for Roswell

Pretty hard not to agree that Roswell had a crash landing....

I like the radar theory. Probably took them by surprise!

posted on Apr, 15 2005 @ 06:48 PM
link   
The radar downing UFO's stories are in the 'Disclosure' book and I think
Colonel Corso mentions about this radar interference in his book 'The Day
After Roswell'...so he says, the UFO's eventually found a way to fix their
vulnerability to radar (the radar could be a problem because their flight may be based on electromagnetic
systems, if you look at electro-gravitic theory).

barney

posted on Apr, 15 2005 @ 11:08 PM
link   
I think it was Bob Lazar or "Victor" who said; "The craft could not have been brought down unless the aliens wanted it to be brought down."

If any of this is true, we are in a position where we carried out a successful attack on an alien craft. Perhaps they need something like this to justify their own actions on this planet. This apparently lead to some irrevocable "deal."

posted on Apr, 15 2005 @ 11:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by electric
I think it was Bob Lazar or "Victor" who said; "The craft could not have been brought down unless the aliens wanted it to be brought down."

If any of this is true, we are in a position where we carried out a successful attack on an alien craft. Perhaps they need something like this to justify their own actions on this planet. This apparently lead to some irrevocable "deal."

i thought this too...

maybe the aliens brought it down for a reason...

who knows...

we don't...

posted on Apr, 16 2005 @ 12:15 AM
link   
since this is all pure speculation at this point;
ill give another neat theory for everyone to wrestle with

ok;
theres a chance that a particular alien race could use chemical stimulants like humans do (caffine nicotine ) or for that matter any other type of chemicals

there could be substance abuser-aliens
its not out of the question
anythings possible the universe is almost endless

also an alien could be a rouge of the sorts; or a loner or whatnot
freelancer spacehermit (whatever u want to call it)

so
perhaps the Aliens piloting the Roswell crash were actually "drunk" or "high" and made a slight miscalculation
and Boom
lol
pure mistake
dont fly saucers when ur drunk

FUI
Flying Under Influence

the aliens may even have statistics like "over 50,000 aliens died this galactic cycle from FUI's"
you never know

or the alien could have just made a mistake from natural circumstance
or the alien could have been stupid
anything suggested in this thread could be true
its all speculation we are doing here

but its fun

posted on Apr, 16 2005 @ 12:35 AM
link   

Originally posted by SsjDave3
Well theres a simple answer to this topic. Aliens may be advanced, but they aren't perfect.

I like your philosphy and I totaly agree with you.

posted on Apr, 16 2005 @ 03:41 AM
link   
what gose up must come down right????
it dosent matter how advanced you are sometime somethings going to break.

posted on Apr, 17 2005 @ 11:22 AM
link   
Everything is possible, including an UFO crashing.

However, comparing the number of supposed UFO crash we know, that is much much smaller to the number of airplanes crashing to the ground, ships sinking to the bottom of oceans, car crashing together and many others accidents we have.

[edit on 17-4-2005 by NotheRaGe]

posted on Apr, 17 2005 @ 02:28 PM
link   
Ok ill post my response that i posted to the thread Croat started since this one is still up and running.

Magnetic Fields of the Earth are Chaotic. propulsion outside of the earths atmosphere is going to be completely different than inside it.

Magnetosphere

Just a thought that got me accused of being an alien....

Also chk out some of the magnetometer readings of the earth and the certain crazy spots like new mexico and alaska.

NM

Alaska

posted on Apr, 17 2005 @ 07:21 PM
link   
This Thread is a good example of why I have decided to hang around here for a while and chat. While I am sure there are plenty of people here who have shall we say somewhat stranger answers to the original question, the majority of the answers are simple logic.

There are somethings mentioned in this Thread that I would slightly disagree with of course, this Planet cannot be all that different from other planets so I doubt that reason for crashes. While it is possible that one particular race of beings might have had problems because of our new Radar in the 40s I find that highly unlikely. Radar is a EM device and just part of a natural spectrum of things that would be well known to most who could travel the Stars. Frequency of contact would explain the 40s, more visits more potential for accidents. We exploded an intergalactic flare, and a lot of people came to take a look.

A.T
(-)

posted on Apr, 18 2005 @ 06:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by worldwatcher
how about unfamiliar alien terrority, unexpected gravity, conditions they are unfamiliar with like weather?
I mean no matter how advanced, they're still aliens to our planet

I think you said it perfectly with that statement
There was a memo on the FBI site from some Air force investigator which stated some alien craft had crashed near mexico due to interference from a big radar system, it somehow interferes with their antigravitational system or whatever, heh

top topics

<< 1   >>

join