It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Civil War in Texas Say Chinese Media

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 2 2024 @ 10:25 PM
link   
Another week, another exotic conspiracy theory – this one unusual because although it's about the USA, it's been gaining traction in the Chinese media.

Misinformation spreads in China on ‘civil war’ in Texas

Crazy, man. Those Chinese will believe anyth... hey, wait a minute. Is it really so crazy?

Social media users in China on Friday... were able to read reports that Florida's Republican governor Ron DeSantis is sending up to 1,000 members of the National Guard to Texas.

But he did that, didn't he? The Orlando Sentinel says he did.

[Defying a US Supreme Court ruling...] last month, the Republican has vowed to add more razor wire to crack down on what he calls an "invasion".

He did that too; in fact, I seem to remember a thread about it right here on ATS.

An American head of state openly disputing the sovereignty of the federal government! Not quite an official declaration of war, but in effect much the same – if, that is, you do it with armed troops and razor wire.

Elsewhere, Chinese media are reporting that an army of crazed volunteers, many of them armed, is flocking to join the fighting. Sounds absurdly far-fetched, I know, but then, there's an ATS thread on that, too.

So while the MSM source I quote is playing it down as mere Chinese disinfo...

China often publishes such reports as a response to Western governments issuing critical comments on China's handling of issues in Xinjiang, Hong Kong or Taiwan. It's a way of saying: focus on your own backyard, instead of telling us how to run our country.

...they seem at least to have their facts right.

So what do you think? Is it really just a case of crazy Chinese propaganda? Or, when future historians come to write the history of the Second American Civil War, will they say it began in February 2024 when the Governor of Florida sent troops into Texas while US citizens' attention was conveniently distracted by the spectacle of supersonic planes 'carpet-bombing' (as yet another ATS thread puts it) empty tracts of sand in the Middle East?

Is this where it begins?

edit on 2/2/24 by Astyanax because:

posted on Feb, 2 2024 @ 10:42 PM
link   
a reply to: Astyanax

It begins, when and if Biden is elected to a second term.

Yes, the facts as you lay them out are mostly correct, from what I have seen, as you have reported. Ish.

"[Defying a US Supreme Court ruling...] last month, the Republican has vowed to add more razor wire to crack down on what he calls an "invasion"."

This is not correct. The Supreme Court Ruled the Fed can remove the razor wire.
They did not rule on if Texas can place razor wire.

Politics and legality, run up to a thin line. It's a game with ever shifting rules as laws pass, and people poke at things.

posted on Feb, 2 2024 @ 11:05 PM
link   

Have freaking fun fighting over illegals and social change, everyone else. I'm not fighting for that.

I guess I'll have to actually learn Chinese now. Can't they just use pinyin? It makes it so much easier.

Nǐ hǎo, zhōngguó wèixīng guó

Maybe Biden should win, just to get it the F*CK over with.

edit on 2-2-2024 by Degradation33 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 2 2024 @ 11:58 PM
link   

Crazy, man. Those Chinese will believe anyth... hey, wait a minute. Is it really so crazy?

Probably crazy to them that we can have such open disagreement.

Texas is being very public about their disgruntlements with the Feds. Much of the country is in agreement with Texas, a state that has to deal with the immediate ramifications of illegal immigration.

What will ultimately happen? My guess is it’s far less dramatic than some have speculated.

State rights vs federal power is nothing new. It’s a balance act that often doesn’t turn out in our favor, but alas I’m sure the average citizen of many countries envy the fact this is somewhat normal here.

If you did this in China or Russia, you’d quickly find yourself in a far different circumstance.

posted on Feb, 3 2024 @ 12:14 AM
link   

[Defying a US Supreme Court ruling...] last month, the Republican has vowed to add more razor wire to crack down on what he calls an "invasion".

The SCOTUS ruling does not say for TX to stop adding barriers. It says The FEDS have the right to remove it.

😃

posted on Feb, 3 2024 @ 12:25 AM
link   
a reply to: WingDingLuey

The SCOTUS ruling does not say for TX to stop adding barriers. It says The FEDS have the right to remove it

And that, of course, makes all the difference between civil war and not-civil-war. Thanks for highlighting this, er, vital point.

posted on Feb, 3 2024 @ 01:06 AM
link   
There's still time to make them pay . . . . 😬

posted on Feb, 3 2024 @ 01:24 AM
link   
Yes my ex bro, the civil war began about the time YOU, ASTYANAX, started pushing the clot shots. It’s funny to me that you have to hear it on the tv to believe it.
Yes, we are highly intelligent, sovereign, independent free thinking individuals who are highly aware that you aren’t smart enough to Lord over us and yes the civil war has started and no the revolution will not be televised.
You don’t get to tell us to sit down and shut up and mask up and inject this experiment into our bodies and think we will just disappear and not start a civil war.
And you think you’re the smart one here?
edit on 3-2-2024 by Myhandle because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 3 2024 @ 02:43 AM
link   
a reply to: Myhandle

Yes my ex bro, the civil war began about the time YOU, ASTYANAX, started pushing the clot shots.

I think you have me confused with your ex-President.

yes the civil war has started and no the revolution will not be televised

I suppose that explains why I haven't seen any shots being exchanged yet in this revolution of yours. By the way, a revolution and a civil war are two very different things. It may be dangerous to get them confused.

You don’t get to tell us to sit down and shut up and mask up and inject this experiment into our bodies and think we will just disappear and not start a civil war.

Yes, how silly of Donnywonny Trumpywumpy not to realise that.

And you think you’re the smart one here?

I don’t know about that, but at least I’m not the one raving.

edit on 3/2/24 by Astyanax because:

posted on Feb, 3 2024 @ 04:30 AM
link   
If you see the truth your an enemy of the Institution but someone needs to stand our ground on the border stuff.

posted on Feb, 3 2024 @ 05:08 AM
link   

edit on 2/3/2024 by yeahright because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 3 2024 @ 06:15 AM
link   
Civil war? No, not yet.
Possibility soon? Yes.

Article I Section 8 of the US Constitutional contract between states and the federal government says that the federal government will 'repel invasions'. The federal government isn't just failing to do that ... it is actually HELPING the invasion happen. And yes, tens of millions of illegals overflowing the border and bringing economic ruin IS an invasion. Therefore the Constitutional contract between states and the federal government is broken. So civil war could happen.

ATS Thread - The US Constitution is a Contract, and it has been broken

ATS Thread - 64 Times the Biden Administration Intentionally Undermined Border Security
edit on 2/3/2024 by FlyersFan because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 3 2024 @ 06:20 AM
link   
Any update on if others takes NG besides FL are going in for backup? I know a bunch of states are supporting Tejas, waiting to see who jumps in.

posted on Feb, 3 2024 @ 06:24 AM
link   
a reply to: FlyersFan

Trying to equate a stream of economic refugees seeking to integrate themselves into the US economy and society with a hostile invading force seems to be stretching metaphor awfully thin. But that's all right – I'm all in favour of tight, revealing outfits on ladies. Well, some ladies.

posted on Feb, 3 2024 @ 06:29 AM
link   

originally posted by: Astyanax
Trying to equate a stream of economic refugees seeking to integrate themselves into the US economy and society with a hostile invading force ...

- It's not a 'stream' ... it's tens of millions. That's more than just 'a stream'. More like an overpowering swarm.

- They aren't refugees. That would mean that they are fleeing for their lives. Only 12% of illegals are actually granted asylum. The rest, 88%, are just LINE JUMPERS refusing to use the legal process to come here. They are criminals.

Justice.Gov - Asylum decision and Filing Rates
Granted Asylum Rate - 12.54%

Justice.Gov - Asylum Process
Granted Asylum Rate - 12%

- The integrate into society? Really? Not so sure that they adapt the American lifestyle, customs, etc. Maybe. Maybe not.

- An invasion doesn't have to be a 'hostile invading force'. It just has to be invading. And that's what tens of millions of illegals swarming the boarder is .. an illegal invasion.

edit on 2/3/2024 by FlyersFan because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 3 2024 @ 07:01 AM
link   
So in your view it's not a civil war but a siege. Yes, that's a much better metaphor.

Who are the besiegers? The poor, the hungry, the hopeless, the desperate. The wretched of the Earth. The father with children to feed in a land without jobs. The mother who sends her child across the border to give it the chance of a better life than she will ever have.

Queue jumpers, eh? Freeloaders. All the world's Oliver Twists.

And you, dearie, you're Mr Bumble.

How long do you think you can hold out against 'invaders' like these? Shall we make a small wager on it? Your own conscience may well raise the barbican against your will.

edit on 3/2/24 by Astyanax because:

posted on Feb, 3 2024 @ 07:15 AM
link   

a reply to: FlyersFan

Trying to equate a stream of economic refugees seeking to integrate themselves into the US economy and society with a hostile invading force seems to be stretching metaphor awfully thin. But that's all right – I'm all in favour of tight, revealing outfits on ladies. Well, some ladies.

But Trying to equate a dispute between federal and state powers in a country who's system of government all but guarantees such disputes as civil war isn't stretching metaphor awfully thin?

posted on Feb, 3 2024 @ 07:45 AM
link   
a reply to: Dandandat3

Did it seem so thin in 1861?

Anyway, I merely report what people are saying on Chinese social media. I'm not in Texas, nor in Florida either, and I haven't heard any shooting.

posted on Feb, 3 2024 @ 08:02 AM
link   

a reply to: Dandandat3

Did it seem so thin in 1861?

Anyway, I merely report what people are saying on Chinese social media. I'm not in Texas, nor in Florida either, and I haven't heard any shooting.

In 1861 large groups of people were shooting at each other with so many dead they are still counting them.

So yea that seemed more like a civil war than does putting up some barbed wire and cutting it down

You aren't just reporting what people are saying on Chinese social media. You are also taking a position and arguing with anonymous people on the internet.

edit on 3-2-2024 by Dandandat3 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 3 2024 @ 08:12 AM
link   
Nope, no civil war in my state...

Elsewhere, Chinese media are reporting that an army of crazed volunteers, many of them armed, is flocking to join the fighting. 

Crazed is about right; and they seem to be primarily composed of crack heads, pill poppers and alcoholics....they won't be too tough to deal with if they decide to get froggy.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join