It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Scoop: House members to receive classified UFO briefing

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 2 2024 @ 08:26 PM
link   
First off…….

And now for the OP…….

Scoop: House members to receive classified UFO briefing

Source Axios 01/02/24 : www.axios.com...

In it’s entirety…..

Members of the House Oversight Committee will receive a classified briefing on unidentified anomalous phenomena (UAP), better known as UFOs, Axios has learned.

Why it matters: Congressional interest in the issue has grown in recent years, with a small but vocal group of lawmakers in both parties pushing for greater transparency from the government on the issue.

Driving the news: The members-only briefing will be held in the Office of House Security, according to a notice obtained by Axios. The briefing is being provided by the Office of Inspector General of the Intelligence Community, the notice said.

The backdrop: A bipartisan group of Oversight Committee members led by Rep. Tim Burchett (R-Tenn.) sent a letter to intel community inspector general Thomas Monheim in August requesting more details about UFOs, including any programs to reverse engineer them or retrieve crashed UFOs.

The letter was in response to testimony the previous month from former intelligence official David Grusch, who claimed the government was in possession of "nonhuman biologics" from a recovered UFO. The lawmakers also formed a Congressional UAP Caucus, consisting of Burchett and Reps. Jared Moskowitz (D-Fla.), Anna Paulina Luna (R-Fla.), Nancy Mace (R-S.C.), Eric Burlison (R-Mo.) and Andy Ogles (R-Tenn.).

Well….the disk keeps a spinnin

Let’s hope for an intense Aliens and UFOs 2024

👽🍾

edit on 2-1-2024 by Ophiuchus1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 2 2024 @ 08:29 PM
link   
Too many classified briefings over the past 2 years. It's like most of Congress is made of stupid people. They get a classified briefing, and 6 months later demand a classified briefing.

posted on Jan, 2 2024 @ 09:03 PM
link   

originally posted by: WeMustCare
Too many classified briefings over the past 2 years. It's like most of Congress is made of stupid people. They get a classified briefing, and 6 months later demand a classified briefing.

From the OP……

The letter was in response to testimony the previous month from former intelligence official David Grusch, who claimed the government was in possession of "nonhuman biologics" from a recovered UFO.

David Grusch is going to be even more important this 2024 year…..

I found the following below…

An interesting amendment 668 added to the NDAA 2024….notice it is a separate amendment to renew David Grusch’s security clearance…..for 20k.

I have never seen an amendment to renew a security clearance for any one person as an a “amendment” to a congressional bill. Renewing security clearance’s are typically done behind the scenes as inter office requests..etc. and not given to public visibility as seen here.

👽

posted on Jan, 2 2024 @ 09:16 PM
link   
Any wagers on how David Grusch’s death will be labeled Suicide is not the trend any more for Whistle blowers is it ?

posted on Jan, 2 2024 @ 09:23 PM
link   
a reply to: Lidstrom5

I’m almost sure there’s an underground DG Deathpool somewhere in Vegas…..

👽

posted on Jan, 3 2024 @ 12:36 AM
link   
a reply to: Ophiuchus1

We have all seen them, just bring out the shinny UFO that smells like sulfur!

posted on Jan, 3 2024 @ 01:33 AM
link   

originally posted by: JJproductions

We have all seen them, just bring out the shinny UFO that smells like sulfur!

Add some molten metal…..

👽

posted on Jan, 3 2024 @ 03:57 AM
link   
Nice “Best Moments” UAP compilation vid…..

Best moments from new UFO government file release

👽
edit on 3-1-2024 by Ophiuchus1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 3 2024 @ 05:10 AM
link   

All jokes aside, meaning it is a joke how our congress must have endless meetings and news releases telling us how they are going about telling the public that UFOs are really real and really here for some purpose or another, let's get serious for just one moment. (Religious connotations aside also.)

The two images for this thread come from the old movieThe Day The Earth Stood Still. That is the best UFO movie ever made. But it was taken from a short story that that far outweighs the movie in its true importance. The hook, the point, of the movie was changed because it was too damaging to the human psyche at the time and even today.

The movie ends, more or less, with the human being killed by earthlings and the robot, more or less, says goodbye until another day. In the short story we learn that the ending is quite different and has a far more serious situation. We learn that the human was not the master of the UFO, but that the robot, a walking, talking, thinking entity of AI construction, was the master and had created the humanoid on the spot to best interface with humanity.

As I've tried to point out in a couple of posts about this/these topics, AI has suddenly appeared in our lives to be touted as an extremely important aspect of our futures. So maybe the wet minds of earthlings are not near as ready as they may want to believe about their plight.

edit on 3-1-2024 by CosmicFocus because: (no reason given)

edit on 3-1-2024 by CosmicFocus because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 3 2024 @ 05:31 AM
link   

edit on 1/3/2024 by yeahright because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 3 2024 @ 06:53 AM
link   
First of all, WELCOME BACK! Good to see you around here again!

Second, things do seem to be speeding up with the UAP, UFO info trickle.

Which of course has me concerned.
Either it is the government, about to pull something on us.
Or they know very soon, "Strangers" are going to make an appearance.

posted on Jan, 3 2024 @ 09:09 AM
link   
a reply to: CosmicFocus

On the topic of AI ……

Reading anything about AI you’ll have proponents and opponents of what AI will do to hinder or supplement humans. One thing humans are made from is power and greed.

My concern with AI is the Singularity…..

In technology, the singularity describes a hypothetical future where technology growth is out of control and irreversible. These intelligent and powerful technologies will radically and unpredictably transform our reality. The word singularity has many different meanings in science and mathematics.

From the definition above……my concern is that AI might achieve the point of its own power and greed.

I remember reading Popular Science and Popular Mechanics as a kid…..they would sometimes show what the future would look like many years into the future. To me when robots were depicted….I believed those robots to be thinking …..self aware robots.

If we can think it…we can make it. The old adage fantasy becoming reality.

Imo….I wouldn’t characterize AI as suddenly appearing….

I would say AI has been in the works for some time….

We the general public were given hints in publications, in movies, etc…. long ago to get ready when AI goes on line to coexist with us. We’ll it’s here now….

Hell…..according to those publications mentioned previously…..we (the general public) should be flying around in cars by now…..and I’m ready for it…..but sometimes fantasy can be slow in becoming reality.

Just hope that AI doesn’t develop a taste for power and greed, while at the same time coming up with the cure for cancers and the common cold.

👽

posted on Jan, 3 2024 @ 09:24 AM
link   

originally posted by: chiefsmom

Unfortunately, my whole life the gov’ment has used everything and anything for nefarious doings. So I’d have to hedge my bets on that. And yes, or things are about to change. Those are the only two options.

posted on Jan, 3 2024 @ 09:26 AM
link   

originally posted by: chiefsmom

Thx….

The first act entailed the admittance of UFO’s to the general public by the government.

The appearance of Actual NHI’s dead and or alive is the second act….in this global reality show.

I’m still tuned in ….🍿and all.

👽

posted on Jan, 3 2024 @ 10:00 AM
link   

Haha, exactly!

posted on Jan, 3 2024 @ 11:28 AM
link   
I Would say that Now is the Perfect Time to do some Probing. LOL
Especially the Gov needs it Badly.

posted on Jan, 3 2024 @ 09:13 PM
link   
UPDATE…….Other sources are saying that the classified UFO briefing is slated for next Tuesday 01/09/24

Gee I wonder what ever happened to the Army CRADA findings of the materials analysis that was to be completed late 2023.

I also was expecting a new NASA update towards the end of 2023….

So far zilch nada nothing

👽

posted on Jan, 3 2024 @ 10:10 PM
link   
"classified"

So, what are they hiding?

link   
"classified"

So, what are they hiding?

link